Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

I’d like to know why the net animations still look like this (ridiculous)? 

I wasn't going to mention it but the enjoyment I got from the lobbed goal was quickly undermined by that longstanding issue of the net jumping......

Edited by janrzm

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given up reporting bugs related to A.I Managers tactics.

(I've been doing it since FM 19)

I extremely hate A.I allowing me to win

Not enough people are reporting issues with A.I managers tactics on the lack of creativity, extremity, risks-taking, and attacking. So as a result the devs won't fix this.

I've refunded FM21 and I'm sticking with FM20.

It's sad because no matter how many good new features there are, if the A.I is not trying then there is no sense of accomplishment

We are a small majority 3% that cares about challenge and how the A.I managers act.

Edited by kingking

The general interface of Fm20 on a Matchday is a lot better than this time round. The condition ‘heart’ thing to me is a bit of an unnecessary change. Plus the whole subs thing whilst I can see you've tried to give it a “quick click” element isn’t a change for the better either. 

20 minutos atrás, kingking disse:

Not enough people are reporting issues with A.I managers tactics on the lack of creativity, extremity, risks-taking, and attacking.

There is not enough people because there is not enough issues. FM20 isnt half of FM21 in tactics/ME matter.

I LIKE:
- Skin looks good and matches feel smooth.
- Much faster saving!! Great.
- Love that you can see now how your talks will be understood to the other person (positive,neutral,negative) and when you are making a promise to them.

I DON'T LIKE:
- Having to press 'spacebar' or click 25 times to progress a few days. I already checked the option to have less interrupts, but it doesn't seem to make any deference whatsoever. Is there any way to just progress a few days and read all the emails after?
- In tactics screen if you drag a player to other position you have to drag exactly to where your cursor is, rather then where the player avatar is. It's not a huge problem but it doesn't work very smooth and intuitive.
- 5 goals disallowed by VAR in one game? Not only is that number very annoying in itself, but to each time have to watch the VAR logo and waiting for desicions is a bit useless waste of time for me.
- When players are chasing a ball towards the sideline to keep it in, in FM20 it was a problem that they kept it in, but turning around was so slow that the defender could easily take it. You fixed that in patch but now in FM21 it seems a lot of the players have the tendency to just run over the line with the ball. Even when it seems fairly easy to keep it in.

Just now, fuzzykeuh said:

- Having to press 'spacebar' or click 25 times to progress a few days. I already checked the option to have less interrupts, but it doesn't seem to make any deference whatsoever. Is there any way to just progress a few days and read all the emails after?

Head into preferences search for "screen" and select "Screen flow". Untick "Visit News Screen Automatically". This should see things go much faster and fewer stops.

5 minutos atrás, fuzzykeuh disse:

now in FM21 it seems a lot of the players have the tendency to just run over the line with the ball. Even when it seems fairly easy to keep it in.

I already raised a thread on bug reports about that, it is really, really, reaaaally annoying, lol

Edited by thiagoanjo

36 minutes ago, thyau said:

Played several matches in beta.

So far so good. But I really miss the "last 10 minute possession" bar. It was really important for my in-match tactical adjustments. Please bring it back soon.

Yet "last 10 minute possession bar" was really something great.. too bad they removed it 

1 minuto atrás, spitznspots disse:

Whats happened with tutoring players? How do I tutor a player in fm21, I cant see anything relating to it, apart from "send on leadership course". Has this replaced tutoring?

Tutor thing was gone on FM20, now you can form groups with min 3 players. So you basicly put what you think is a model and at least 2 players that you want follow that model, you will find that on Training > Mentoring:

image.thumb.png.c1e92bcb653a2c554765fe224d58c402.png

2 minutes ago, spitznspots said:

Whats happened with tutoring players? How do I tutor a player in fm21, I cant see anything relating to it, apart from "send on leadership course". Has this replaced tutoring?

There's no more tutoring since FM20, it has been changed there to mentoring groups which  you can set up somewhere in the training tab. Needs at least three players, you want players with good personality that are influential to mentor younger ones with less influence. 

Hey folks, tried to look for this answer but 36 pages is a bit daunting. Has 3 at the back play been fixed at all? The outside center backs should be far more aggressive in both closing down the wings and in getting forward into the opposition half. Seeing 3 center backs lined up at the halfway line is incredibly unrealistic and really needed to be fixed. The outside ones in particular need to act like half CB half FB in both attack and defense, closing down opposition wingers aggressively and providing a passing outlet for the wingbacks in possession. This is an absolute key of every real life 3 at the back system and something that really needed to be addressed for years now.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

One other thing I've noticed that could be useful. I know it shows who was subbed on down along the bottom bar, but I've noticed a lot of players minimizing that to get more space on the touchline tablet - so it would be great to have the little substitute icon either in stats or formation?

image.thumb.png.7ea4b5b18099d142a621fab7c0f302ea.png

I don't like the matchday experience. Bring back the timebar so I can click where I want to see the game back. I also don't like the lack of possession bar in between highlights. I'll try to get used to it but not sure I'll play all that much of this version.

Also, when trying to give an individual team talk, why does it auto select everyone in the team that has played? I can't find a de-select all button, and so I'm forced to un-check 13 players just to specifically deliver a team talk to one player. That is very annoying.

2 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

I don't like the matchday experience. Bring back the timebar so I can click where I want to see the game back. I also don't like the lack of possession bar in between highlights. I'll try to get used to it but not sure I'll play all that much of this version.

Also, when trying to give an individual team talk, why does it auto select everyone in the team that has played? I can't find a de-select all button, and so I'm forced to un-check 13 players just to specifically deliver a team talk to one player. That is very annoying.

The team talk issue has been reported and is under review.

It's a good ME but defending can be absolutely shocking at times. Happens far too often for it to be realistic. 

Also, possession numbers still seem kinda off but I imagine this is down to ultra defensive pass sideways AI again. 

Hoping full release irons out the kinks. 

Shouts are all over the place again. 1-1 away to PSV in the league, 10 mins left, tweaked the tactic to make us a bit more defensive to try and hold out for the draw, shout 'Focus' to the team. All bar one immediately demotivated or stressed, and Gotze scores a minute later to win it for PSV. :mad:

3 hours ago, craiigman said:

Apparently it does still show formations before the game, but not all the time. Is it just for "TV" games?

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 18.18.19.png

I’d question that as I’ve seen that once in 30ish games and I’m playing as Liverpool 

1 hora atrás, SebastianRO disse:

Well well .... and who said that the AI is not thinking outside of the box ? :) - pun intended

I guess the AI becomes just as desperate as we are when they are 3-0 down :lol:

Bonucci DLF.jpg

What you mean? That tactic is pretty common at some places. It was mine most succesful on FM16 (only a DM instead 3 cbs, lol

1 hour ago, FloridaCanary87 said:

One other thing I've noticed that could be useful. I know it shows who was subbed on down along the bottom bar, but I've noticed a lot of players minimizing that to get more space on the touchline tablet - so it would be great to have the little substitute icon either in stats or formation?

image.thumb.png.7ea4b5b18099d142a621fab7c0f302ea.png

how did you get six screens on your tablet?

30 minutos atrás, Dagenham_Dave disse:

Shouts are all over the place again. 1-1 away to PSV in the league, 10 mins left, tweaked the tactic to make us a bit more defensive to try and hold out for the draw, shout 'Focus' to the team. All bar one immediately demotivated or stressed, and Gotze scores a minute later to win it for PSV. :mad:

I also think the response to some situations with shouts are way too odd

14 minutos atrás, SebastianRO disse:

Look again at their striker ... :seagull::applause:

Even better, you see this quite often, Virgil, Piqué and others turn into forwards in last minutes in order to do some miracle, thats is a really nice add from SI

34 minutes ago, thiagoanjo said:

I also think the response to some situations with shouts are way too odd

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Post it as bugs with PKMS, best way they can change it :thup:

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You have the enviable luxury of 6 screens on your tablet, and two of them have the same info!

it was a cup game. I usually have the league table in the bottom left, and it defaults to match stats for cup games and I was too lazy to change it!

Finally gotten around to finishing a season and man I don't think I've been this engrossed in a FM save in years. As always on the Beta I took charge of my beloved Barnsley and try to get them promoted. The season can be broken down into 3 periods. Period 1 where I tried to recreate our real life tactics, which was fairly effective but really relied on the AI missing a lot and me taking all my chances. Then a period of just not being able to buy a win for about 2 months then a long period where I'd finally perfected my own style which after an 11 game unbeaten run was actually named by the press!

This led to last day drama where I played Norwich at home (unbeaten in 23) who were 2nd and Watford played Swansea away. Watford being 3rd on goal difference...I win 2-0 and Watford win 1-0 after Freddie Woodman throws the ball in his own net...Miles was seen entering the Swansea dressing room with a wad of cash before  the game I'm sure!

I then went on to lose to Norwich in the play off finals after getting 95 points and not going up on goal difference....

Match Engine

The match engine this year is sheer perfection after the awfulness of FM20.

3 things have improved massively in my eyes.

Attacking movement and pass selection. In the Play-off semi against Preston I had a 2 on 1 break away and instead of just running up the field then smashing the ball into the side netting like they would have in FM20. My striker drew across the one defender before feeding in his partner for a simple tap-in, it was glorious to watch. On simple tap ins, they are simple tap ins once more. Not that common but when they do occur it's more a head in hands how has he missed moment to see someone actually miss one! 

Defensive movement and how players are caught out of position is also far more realistic. Players now press in a far more realistic manner which means teams can and do pass around a high press which then leaves you exposed. Or they get the ball and that leaves the defender exposed to a counter attack. I've seen teams press defenders or midfielders too into doing long balls that are then picked off and start counters. It's great to watch and looks like real football.

The over all feeling that yes I am a manager making tactical decisions that affect the game. The last 2 FM's I've felt were very much on rails. With my inputs being fairly cosmetic in nature and not really being able to see that translated into the ME. This year I absolutely can see tactical changes from me and the AI managers in the ME. The play off final  being a prime example of this with Norwich getting an early goal, sitting back and hitting me on the counter as I became increasingly desperate to get back in the game!

Match UI

This is a mixed bag. I like the new tactics and player bar at the bottom of the screen with the new colour coded hearts and symbols for morale and fitness. Very easy to use, very easy to see what is happening and who needs to be subbed etc. This is excellent UI.

The  rest however is a cluttered mess that is really difficult to follow or watch. I either have to pause the game so I can flick through various tablet screens or just focus on one area of the screen so I grab a glance of what I wanted. The dugout is also fairly pointless. The information you get is so small and cluttered you can't make head or tails of it. Also the Assman makes contradictory advice constantly.

Team talks are now impossible to follow. I literally just look for colour. Green or Red not who or what position etc. Such a difficult flow to follow with the giant box in the middle and all the players arranged around that. I get the idea behind it but I'm not really a football manager, I'm actually sat in my pants looking at a laptop screen, UI should be designed for that.

Press Conferences

I hated press conferences before this year and although this is essentially a reskin it has meant that rather thanjust sending my assman which has been my default press conference position since they were introduced. I've attended every single conference bar a few where we've lost and I was so annoyed I didn't wanna face the press! I don't know why I've actually enjoyed these as much as I have but it's a positive step in the right direction.

If I could suggest a few improvements though...

Yet again the UI here is awful. The press are a tiny box at the top with tiny speech bubbles whilst I'm an even smaller box at the bottom and 2/3rds of the screen is literally dead useless space! It's just madness.

And why do the press ask questions like "Solly has physical attributes that can be really used here" etc. Why not have that linked to his stats. So they say "Solly is very strong, do you think that will come in useful today" etc. Same with intangible and I think technical skills...I honestly have no idea what you are talking about so I'll just say yep sure he will!

All in all this is shaping up to be the best FM of all time after FM20 basically killed my love of the series, it being the only one I've not played for any length of time or the whole year even though I've spent 60% of this year at home due to world events! FM21 however has me dreaming about matches I've played in it, it's that good!

7 hours ago, kingking said:

I've given up reporting bugs related to A.I Managers tactics.

(I've been doing it since FM 19)

I extremely hate A.I allowing me to win

Not enough people are reporting issues with A.I managers tactics on the lack of creativity, extremity, risks-taking, and attacking. So as a result the devs won't fix this.

I've refunded FM21 and I'm sticking with FM20.

It's sad because no matter how many good new features there are, if the A.I is not trying then there is no sense of accomplishment

We are a small majority 3% that cares about challenge and how the A.I managers act.

ever thought that this is only a Beta version 

2 minutes ago, alian62 said:

ever thought that this is only a Beta version 

This a valid compain, it happens since FM19 and it's almost a gamebraker when you try to play with big teams

I remember a few months ago, i created a crazy data file for FM20 that makes every AI managers to play with attacking mentalities :lol:, the game became much more fun  :lol: :lol:

Edited by h3nrique_SEP

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I want to echo these sentiments. The shouts anger my players more than anything, only two seem to ever have any effect besides upsetting them in some way. 

I don't know if this is related to the new way of rating players, but I've never had 3 players get a 10 rating in a single match before.

Now, granted this is against a Vanarama National League North side, but still..

Mata has 2 goals and 2 assists and a 10 rating. Previously, as a general rule of thumb, I only got around 10 rating for a 4+ goals (with assists).

Are the new ratings basis role also or just positions? Any idea?

image.thumb.png.f551e30f9b3416192134d06e2fc4127b.png

It's incredible hard to see which players are ticked (when doing multiple selections) on the squad screen. At least with my old eyes. I'd prefer something like white over a slightly lighter shade of purple.

Edited by Viking

One thing I'm well struggling with is the changes to fitness, as you have no idea how near the top or bottom of that stage of fitness players are when they starting a match, or your planning to make subs and you have 3 players on orange level fitness. But only 2 subs left. It guesswork who to take off.

It would work better if say before ko you got info off staff saying player x can only manage x amount of minutes if he wants to be fit for the next match. Or better information during the game rather than feedback telling you to make a sub when they drop into the red zone.

I absolutely love the concept of it, not knowing the percentage as this is way it works irl, but we need better feedback before and during the game to manage it and counteract the fact we dont know the percentage.

Edited by Chewy82*
Changed txt wording