Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kiwityke said:

I've gone offline on steam to defend against this train of thought I don't want the ME ruining...I'll update when I know SI have ignored the I want every game to finish 0-0 with perfect defences crowd!

Wanting defenders to act like actual human beings instead of watching attackers score is a long way from wanting every game to end 0-0 mate. Spouting such nonsense helps no one.

3 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Wanting defenders to act like actual human beings instead of watching attackers score is a long way from wanting every game to end 0-0 mate. Spouting such nonsense helps no one.

I've not seen anything from defenders so far to suggest they don't act like human beings.

Teams really aren't scoring a huge amount of goals to start with. If Defences are buffed then it could well lead to most games being 0-0.

Its really not nonsense, its very much a case of becareful what ya wish for. 

9 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

I've not seen anything from defenders so far to suggest they don't act like human beings.

Teams really aren't scoring a huge amount of goals to start with. If Defences are buffed then it could well lead to most games being 0-0.

Its really not nonsense, its very much a case of becareful what ya wish for. 

You literally replied to the post with a video of a defender standing there and watching a player score, making no attempt whatsoever to stop him.

There's a difference between wanting attacking play to be effective, and wanting legitimate bugs to not be fixed. 

Edited by RocheBag

12 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

You literally replied to the post with a video of a defender standing there and watching a player score, making no attempt whatsoever to stop him.

There's a difference between wanting attacking play to be effective, and wanting legitimate bugs to not be fixed. 

That happens IRL. Have you never once seen a defender not close a man down whilst you scream at him to close him down then turned to the person next to you as the opposition  score and said "Why didn't that useless piece of garbage close him down?" Because I have hundreds of times.

Just caught up with this thread (yes, I have read every page over the space of five days :D)

I don't yet have the game due to losing my business recently and my car spectacularly failing it's mot...

So, when I can eventually afford it, I'm really looking forward to playing the game with the much improved match engine! I just really hope things haven't reverted back to FM20 by the time I get to play :herman::lol:

Please, SI. My year has been bad enough as it is, so please don't nerf strikers! Can't wait to play!

Question, I am being asked about player injuries in a press conference after the game when i don't know what the injury is until i leave the press conference and see my inbox

Is there somewhere i can view the injury before that? Seems strange to not know if i am dealing with a calf strain or a broken ankle when asked 

This is the press conference as soon as the game finishes not the post game press conference

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

I should be mad, but this goal against me was simply lovely! I can't even fault my defence too much...

X8FWUuJ.gif

Have had something similar against me as well. Even though I was pissed I conceded a goal, I was also impressed at same time with the quality of goal I conceded. 

2 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Have had something similar against me as well. Even though I was pissed I conceded a goal, I was also impressed at same time with the quality of goal I conceded. 

Yeah, it's kind of hard when I enjoy watching the opponents score against me. :onmehead:

I also experienced this for the first time in... years. 5 goals in first half by a single person. 

35.png 

This was Super Cup at 2021. 

He eventually got his 6th goal, which I was rooting on for. - 

36.png 

I bought him for £22m and I was thinking it may be slightly too much. But the goals he scored for me since the first window, 2020, he repaid every single penny of that. 

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

I should be mad, but this goal against me was simply lovely! I can't even fault my defence too much...

X8FWUuJ.gif

Amazing goal! Any chance you can check what were the roles of Eriksen and Berg for AI???

2 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Amazing goal! Any chance you can check what were the roles of Eriksen and Berg for AI???

Well, the match is over, and I'm not sure if it's possible to find out after the fact? I'll have a look and see if I can find something, but if you know how to do it, then please let me know.

55 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

That happens IRL. Have you never once seen a defender not close a man down whilst you scream at him to close him down then turned to the person next to you as the opposition  score and said "Why didn't that useless piece of garbage close him down?" Because I have hundreds of times.

Come on mate. The attacker was through on goal with no one else around but one defender who just chose not to do anything. That does not happen in real life. 

I get that you want to see goals galore but bugs need to be fixed.

21 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Are the 3 CB still sitting in a line on the halfway mark when in possession or do the outer ones advance a bit? 

I'm not asking them to specifically, so I don't know - I'm playing two ball playing defenders in defend duty and then a CD in cover. The covering defender does cover much more effectively than before, seen some lovely play from Egan in that role.

If 3 Striker formations are too effective, stop using 3 Striker formations.🤷🏻‍♂️

If you use an exploit that the ME can't handle, why are we blaming the ME for something like that? Then proceed to have SI nullify all forms of attacking intent and people will then complain the ME is dead while the exploits probably still work. 

29 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

If 3 Striker formations are too effective, stop using 3 Striker formations.🤷🏻‍♂️

If you use an exploit that the ME can't handle, why are we blaming the ME for something like that? Then proceed to have SI nullify all forms of attacking intent and people will then complain the ME is dead while the exploits probably still work. 

because there are ways to nullify it without touching the ME, like opposition instructions and make the AI manager be smarter/better at countering tactics even if they are "extreme"

also about ur first line , it sounds just like the problem solving in the spoiiler

Spoiler

Edited by kertiek

1 hour ago, RocheBag said:

Come on mate. The attacker was through on goal with no one else around but one defender who just chose not to do anything. That does not happen in real life. 

I get that you want to see goals galore but bugs need to be fixed.

We aren't even seeing goals galore though. Top scorers in my save are if anything below real life levels! If they buff defences then the game yet again becomes a boring chore to play. Its fine as it is IMO, best its been in years.

Hi everyone!
I'm really enjoying this beta!
Besides all the things already mentioned, I love the CB in the 3-man defense which now overlap if set well!

Beyond the criticisms already exposed by other users, there are 2 things I can't stand:

- not being able to change, by drag&drop, the position on the field of 2 players in the player bar, during the match.
- when reporters contact you to ask you a single question on a particular topic, I hate having to click to access the question, just as I hate having to click every time to quit from quick chats, even though there is nothing left to answer.

I close by joining other users who ask to not nerf the attackers because of the complaints of those who use exploits.

16 minutes ago, kertiek said:

because there are ways to nullify it without touching the ME, like opposition instructions and make the AI manager be smarter/better at countering tactics even if they are "extreme"

also about ur first line , it sounds just like the problem solving in the spoiiler

Hide contents

You really comparing homelessness and ignorance to a video game to make yourself seem smart huh? 

You're using unrealistic and extreme tactics and then you're complaining they're giving unrealistic and extreme results. Sounds kinda hypocritical. 

2 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

So after first season, there is again maximum 3 subs per game. No more 5 subs.

Can someone from SI confirm this is on purpose or maybe a bug?

That's correct, we're having 5 subs this season due to covid impact.

6 hours ago, Tom 99 said:

What rating would you give GK in such matches?

6 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

6.8 for not having to do anything?

If you play a top team your GK (ter stegen; neuer) is usually the worst rated in the league

I think this is about right. I was a GK and the team I played for was rubbish. We would regularly lose 5 or 6 nil. The other keeper would stand there all game and rarely touch the ball. I would get noticed because despite conceding a few goals, I’d make 15 saves (yes the team was really that bad!)

I’d fully expect a keeper who did nothing all game, through no fault of their own, to still score a pretty average rating (6.5) and a keeper who despite conceding goals, made plenty of saves, to score highly.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

X8FWUuJ.gif

It’s a lovely goal but more crazy net animations on show!

2 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

So after first season, there is again maximum 3 subs per game. No more 5 subs.

Can someone from SI confirm this is on purpose or maybe a bug?

This is correct and it reverts back to normal following season 1 (COVID season)

After almost my first season finished I have to say that this ME is simply brilliant! I have never seen such fluidity and beutiful football in any manager game in my entire life. It's a joy to see my advanced forward leaving defender behind and my deep lying playmaker throwing that dagger pass and watch them celebrate. It's really, really good!

I just want to see the 2D a little bit better after the game is launched, I really tried to play on 3D this year but it's not for me and the 2D pitch this year is really small.

Not played much yet but as someone who has almost always played in 2D, the 3D engine this year looks really nice. Pitch textures and appearances, along with stadium appearances and variations still need improvement but so far it looks much better than FM20. 

18 minutes ago, Kirariuk said:

will we have a patch before the official release?

Why are you screamming? Also, what's the point in having a patch before the official release? It doesn't make sense at all.

hace 14 minutos, LucasBR dijo:

Why are you screamming? Also, what's the point in having a patch before the official release? It doesn't make sense at all.

The point is that if SI has been fixing some stuff and if they need more data, they can have thousands of free & pasionate betatesters testing it on time for a final tweak just before the game is finally released.

Btw, agree about the no need for CAPS.

5 minutes ago, Icy said:

The point is that if SI has been fixing some stuff and if they need more data, they can have thousands of free & pasionate betatesters testing it on time for a final tweak just before the game is finally released.

Btw, agree about the no need for CAPS.

Well, the most important part of the game that is the ME is pretty much perfect at the moment so they just need to do some specific fixes, imo there's no need to rush a patch when we are just one week away from the launch date.

During a match there are no customisable widgets that can be displayed whilst the match is ongoing. The tablet is fine for between highlights, but during highlights it covers half the pitch and cannot be resized or moved. The information in the tablet can be customised, but not the placement or size. If using 2D classic view, I now have no way to place the information I want to see in the space at either end of the putch.

The drop down bar on the left would help, but is not customisable - you can't even customise the stats shown there although you can in the tablet stats. Also 80% of the bar is take up with the noteable event which barely fills in - over half is empty for me and the empty bar just covers the pitch.

Can we have the option to customise the position and size of the tablet and/or be able to undock the widgets from the tablet and move them around the screen or turn them off?

1 minute ago, Hunter T said:

Sorry about this, but how do you customise the Touchline tablet?

I cant seem to find any kind of button to click to.

https://imgur.com/WWrYaIh

Is that all you're seeing? One window/panel? Your only way of changing anything in that case is clicking on the arrow pointing downward to change the info being displayed.