Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features

1 минуту назад, Seb Wassell сказал:

Nope got it on here :thup:

Btw very interesting to see newgens. I have few long saves in fm20 , newgens absolutely the best in last edition. But I find few issues for sure ;):D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, autohoratio said:

From a bug report thread - SI devs have said players will only look to play low crosses under limited circumstances

1 hour ago, tyro said:

They actually said that they want the match engine to be as realistic as possible. If a low cross looks like it will fail, the player can use own decisions

Yeah, this. And the reason I flagged it in this thread is it struck me as a ridiculous example of the myths and misinformation that gets endlessly peddled in these threads. Carry on.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that no one have given them any examples with timestamps since this is such a big issue. And I also find it strange to be a topic for discussion in this thread...?

For emphasis!

people need to learn how to report things correctly and follow up...

1 hour ago, stoned_assasin said:

This although sounded like a very small improvement not worth hardly even reading at 1st but in reality im at the stage in my save where its nearing the end of the season and my transfer target has 3 months left on his contract and i have NO IDEA whether he will renew or not and i either have to take a punt and pay some cash up front to garantee i get him or take a gamble and wait 2-3 months to see if i can get him for free in the hope that his club do not renew his contract. At the time of trying to make my desicion with the player seemingly sitting right infront of me i did think for a minute instead of having to wait a few months for the answer wouldnt it be nice if i could just ask him right now so we have some kind of idea.  So yea although understandbly it might not be a feature that gets people pumped at 1st sight im pretty sure its a feature that if done right could end up being very helpfull.

That can be done with using declaring interest and assigning scout. I know that asking agent is better way of knowing that but those two also give some idea about whether a player wants to join your club.

Edited by CM

10 minutes ago, CM said:

That can be done with using declaring interest and assigning scout. I know that asking agent is better way of knowing that but those two also give some idea about whether a player wants to join your club.

I know he will join as you said it says in the scout report, i knew he would join last season too, but what i don't know atm is whether he will wait for me at the end of his contract or not as last season i lost out as he re-signed with a month to go. What im guessing is , is that you will maybe offer an idea or pre contract if you will of what the player expects to be getting at your club wages/playtime which then can make it more difficult for his parent club to negotiate with him as now he has a better idea of what he could be getting elsewhere.

Edited by stoned_assasin

Where is xA (Expected assists)?

xA is just as important as xG.

I hope we get more stats such as xPts in the future as well

One thing that need improving is international management. It feels lackluster

Also there need to be player interviews after the match, because it improves immersion as it happens Irl

Edited by kingking

Really hyped about agents interactions. Most lower leagues teams builds their squads with them. I'm also liking the overall transfer changes, specially if the AI takes advantage of it to build squads. A lot of teams uses a lot of loans from bigger clubs and this is not properly reflected in game. Could also help to build a better long term play, as more players will have more minutes.

And as I read here, I hope (but I find it unlikely) that we as users can add new interactions with some kind of editor. This would help a lot to the whole interactions scheme, which no matter how hard you work on it, eventually it will always revolves around the same 6 or 7 answers that really impacts the game (unless SI does something out of the ordinary with this revamp).

3 hours ago, saihtam said:

Regarding end of season achievement etc. Huge miss was trophy room, it can be even simple 2d. That would have been awesome to see room being updated with trophies won. God damn why i did not suggest it earlier.

Trophy = Licenses 

I thinks its a small mistake to présent célébration like a major features ( i suggest a change on this features in the past and i am happy to see change ) 

I've just finished reading the latest information about the new features. I'm cautiously optimistic that it looks like the vast majority of these changes will help to give the game more depth and make it even more immersive. 

The gestures seem so integral to the game now that I hope they're well implemented. They could massively make or break the success of the new version depending on how well they are integrated - in my opinion, it'll be a fine line between an extremely well implemented feature that adds to depth and playability, and one that feels tacky, artificial and cringeworthy. I hope they get the balance right. 

Edited by DementedHammer

hace 20 minutos, DementedHammer dijo:

I've just finished reading the latest information about the new features. I'm cautiously optimistic that it looks like the vast majority of these changes will help to give the game more depth and make it even more immersive. 

The gestures seem so integral to the game now that I hope they're well implemented. They could massively make or break the success of the new version depending on how well they are integrated - in my opinion, it'll be a fine line between an extremely well implemented feature that adds to depth and playability, and one that feels tacky, artificial and cringeworthy. I hope they get the balance right. 

Gestures seemed to me to be a fairly linear replacement of the tone system (assertive, calm, passionate, and all those). I can be wrong of course, but I would say that the different ways to interact (conversations with more than one member of the team, the quick chats) are the real change.

One potential problem I see at first with the gestures is that their meaning may not be entirely clear to everybody. For example, when it says the manager points his finger, is he being accusatory? assertive? passionate? There is also an option where it says the manager speaks with outstretched arms and I have no clue what that is supposed to communicate. Maybe I don't understand because I'm not British? I do understand the bottle throwing though :D

2 hours ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

One potential problem I see at first with the gestures is that their meaning may not be entirely clear to everybody. For example, when it says the manager points his finger, is he being accusatory? assertive? passionate? There is also an option where it says the manager speaks with outstretched arms and I have no clue what that is supposed to communicate. Maybe I don't understand because I'm not British? I do understand the bottle throwing though :D

I agree, and as a first impression I prefer the ambiguous descriptions of the previous version. As an example,  I'd never throw a water bottle in anger, as it is (in my opinion) unprofessional behavior. There are other much more professional ways to express one's anger. The existing titles are ambiguous enough to leave the exact behavior of the interaction to one's imagination.

I'm more than willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and try it out before forming a definitive conclusion though.

Edited by DementedHammer
typo

11 ore fa, saihtam ha scritto:

Regarding end of season achievement etc. Huge miss was trophy room, it can be even simple 2d. That would have been awesome to see room being updated with trophies won. God damn why i did not suggest it earlier.

But there is already a screen with the trophy won :l 

The features in FM are becoming more and more realistic - COOL!

I would like to have some more little things (probably not in the FM21 anymore) like
- Presentation of top players with jerseys to members of the press. A still image would be sufficient for this.
- acoustic noises like for example
a.) murmuring (restlessness) before the press meeting while preparing.
b.) the mutual cheering of the players after coach's speech in the dressing room before the start of the game.

The FM is so intense and without the noise in the 3D game very silent.

Looking forward to some tactical changes / ME tweaks.

Also, seems like there might have been a back track to Mile's previous comments about including COVID in the game. My guess, is that it will be an optional choice, which is probably best.

I really don't want it forced. 

Seeing some crystal clear match engine improvements, particularly around the more troublesome areas from last year's edition such as the senseless tight angle shooting by players moving inside the box, it's all that's needed for me to realistically considering buying the game in all fairness. The match engine issues have been by far the biggest enjoyment hindrance for me, and judging from the comments concerning FM's gameplay that I've read thus far, for many other people as well.

If this aspect of the game was indeed properly reworked for FM21 then each and every other feature it holds, as insignificant as they might seem at first glance, is nevertheless a welcoming bonus.

6 minutes ago, CEVR1996 said:

Seeing some crystal clear match engine improvements, particularly around the more troublesome areas from last year's edition such as the senseless tight angle shooting by players moving inside the box, it's all that's needed for me to realistically considering buying the game in all fairness. The match engine issues have been by far the biggest enjoyment hindrance for me, and judging from the comments concerning FM's gameplay that I've read thus far, for many other people as well.

If this aspect of the game was indeed properly reworked for FM21 then each and every other feature it holds, as insignificant as they might seem at first glance, is nevertheless a welcoming bonus.

And a reduction in long shots and an increase in 1-1 conversions. It’s a crazy balancing act so I don’t want to be too critical. 

3 minutos atrás, DP disse:

And a reduction in long shots and an increase in 1-1 conversions. It’s a crazy balancing act so I don’t want to be too critical. 

Yes that too for sure and please, give VAR the suspense factor it has irl because in FM, you can always tell what decision will ensue before it's shown. Also maybe tone down the power behind certain shots a little because kicking the ball at nearly mach 1 speeds from a complete standstill seems to defy all known laws of physics and human biomechanics.

I like the sound of these features, but I'm praying they actually impact the game in the right way.

Let the recruitment meeting actually mean something and be something I want to go through.  Don't let it be something where I can quickly click through it and then go off and do my own thing as soon as it ends anyway. Let the staff give some actual good recommendations. They have for too long been largely useless when it comes to providing help, let this game be the start where it's actually vital to have good help in the backroom staff. And if it improves the AI's use of the transfer market, that would be even better.

I like the sound of the new interactions too, a chance to get a bit more personality into the press conferences and interactions is always welcomed.

I'd also like to see my Director of Football not consistently recommend players who are in their mid to late 30's when it's explicitly said in the club vision tab that the board wants you to centre the club's transfer policy around young players with good potential.

11 minutes ago, CEVR1996 said:

I'd also like to see my Director of Football not consistently recommend players who are in their mid to late 30's when it's explicitly said in the club vision tab that the board wants you to centre the club's transfer policy around young players with good potential.

Or making countless bids for a striker, when you already have 3, but no WB. I'd like to delegate some transfer stuff for the sake of immersion and realism, but so far I only had one DoF case when he was useful

3 hours ago, Arvid04 said:

The features in FM are becoming more and more realistic - COOL!

I would like to have some more little things (probably not in the FM21 anymore) like
- Presentation of top players with jerseys to members of the press. A still image would be sufficient for this.
- acoustic noises like for example
a.) murmuring (restlessness) before the press meeting while preparing.
b.) the mutual cheering of the players after coach's speech in the dressing room before the start of the game.

The FM is so intense and without the noise in the 3D game very silent.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-pcmac/

👆 

22 minutos atrás, Pav_Makarov disse:

Or making countless bids for a striker, when you already have 3, but no WB. I'd like to delegate some transfer stuff for the sake of immersion and realism, but so far I only had one DoF case when he was useful

One time my DoF managed to pull an amazing stunt which I had never seen coming. Basically, there was this player I was looking to sign and after the transfer bid was accepted and I saw his wage demands, I thought to myself that there was no way this deal could happen but still, reluctantly and out of morbid curiosity, I passed the contract negotiations to the DoF only for him to offer about half the amount in wages than what the player was demanding from me. Naturally, I laughed at this, thinking it was utterly ludicrous yet didn't cancelled the transfer and just kept advancing in time as normal. To my absolute shock though, the player somehow accepted those terms and signed not that long afterwards. It was the only time I thought that the DoF was the greatest thing ever!

Edited by CEVR1996

Ok look, this is all well and good, all these arguments and debates about graphics and tech specs are valid and interesting

But the people want to know:-

Can goalkeepers commit fouls yet? Can they be fouled, say on a corner? Do they *exist physically* in reference to other players in the ME?

It's been like a whole decade, and people will say "well how often do keepers actually foul players?" and the answer is "more than never", come on now.

The blog explaining the features is well written, you should have maybe opened with it. You also should probably mention that the ME is being worked on and improvements are made. In fact, I think there should be a better communication from the dev team to the public about what is being worked on. You don't have to reveal details, but letting us know that you're trying to fix the issues goes a long way. 

The features that were explained actually look good. The question is how are they going to work in-game. If some interactions are more effective than others like it's been in the past few years then it all will be a waste. If I know what to pick before I even go into the interaction it just becomes an annoyance and a waste of time. 

The end of season stuff and UI should not be a main feature. They are super minor changes in the grand scheme of things and it's normal every year the game to look a bit different. This is not a main feature, it's a requirement actually because every company does it. 

The recruitment looks very promising. But again, how is it going to work? If the AI still makes dumb decisions on the market, filling up teams with old players on super high wages just to keep them in the reserves, all of this won't matter. And If we can just sign whoever we want without competition, punching way above our weight with ease, again, all of this won't matter.  

And finally, why are you leaving the ME stuff last? This is the core of the game, the most important aspect and it should be on the front, bright and shiny for everyone to see. But it's not, which leaves room for speculation. 

A lot of strange decisions have been made recently and it looks very shady to me. But that's just my opinion. 

Seeing as there is a pandemic that is disrupting just about everything this year, I will be cutting SI some slack. They probably had to adapt and change some features that they had in mind so I think this is a smaller list of features than could have been. But so is life.

The pattern that I keep seeing though is that the focus is constantly on the social, psychological and mental state of players/staff when the features are announced. To get this kind of behavior to work properly, and not have predictive affects like many team/player/ect- talks have had in the past years, is not easy task so these implementations are probably more of a deal than one realizes. If they manage to get it like that this year, good job. But I don't know if this will after lets say 10 seasons, be bothersome to deal with (so, just assign it to the assistant) or still a feature one would still enjoy.

Personally, my focus when playing FM is heavily in youth player development, so what I'm always waiting for is an overhaul to youth development, similar to the one we are seeing this year for interactions. My guess is that it's a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" situation. But there is just so much more that could be done for youth development to make it more satisfying, the yearly dice roll of new youth regens is not a satisfying experience.

18 minutes ago, Impacto said:

You also should probably mention that the ME is being worked on and improvements are made.

They mentioned it in one of the blogs and anyway, the ME is one of the main parts of the game. It shouldn't need to be said that they're going to be working on it - they do every year.

We've still got plenty of time to see videos etc. dedicated entirely to the ME.

27 minuti fa, Tyler42 ha scritto:

Seeing as there is a pandemic that is disrupting just about everything this year, I will be cutting SI some slack. They probably had to adapt and change some features that they had in mind so I think this is a smaller list of features than could have been. But so is life.

The pattern that I keep seeing though is that the focus is constantly on the social, psychological and mental state of players/staff when the features are announced. To get this kind of behavior to work properly, and not have predictive affects like many team/player/ect- talks have had in the past years, is not easy task so these implementations are probably more of a deal than one realizes. If they manage to get it like that this year, good job. But I don't know if this will after lets say 10 seasons, be bothersome to deal with (so, just assign it to the assistant) or still a feature one would still enjoy.

Personally, my focus when playing FM is heavily in youth player development, so what I'm always waiting for is an overhaul to youth development, similar to the one we are seeing this year for interactions. My guess is that it's a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" situation. But there is just so much more that could be done for youth development to make it more satisfying, the yearly dice roll of new youth regens is not a satisfying experience.

Youth development is a great part for me too.

I know that I Always repeat It, but the way is to get rid of PA (variable PA is wrong too) that is unrealistic. 

10 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Youth development is a great part for me too.

I know that I Always repeat It, but the way is to get rid of PA (variable PA is wrong too) that is unrealistic. 

i agree the PA system needs to go. it's nonsense. But of course that will mean a massive change throughout the game. Not sure if SI will commit to something like that but they should. It will be revolutionary.

5 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

i agree the PA system needs to go. it's nonsense. But of course that will mean a massive change throughout the game. Not sure if SI will commit to something like that but they should. It will be revolutionary.

😱😨 don't except anything on it at short term

Edited by destmez

6 minutos atrás, upthetoon disse:

If there was a way to directly correlate a player's potential to their personality traits and training/match performances that would open up a whole new array of unique variables for each individual save, greatly adding to the overall immersion.

People defend PA by saying that players are ‘born’ with whatever their potential is and it’s up to them if they reach it or not. 

Whilst this may be true it’s currently impossible for FM to replicate situations like Jamie Vardy at Leicester. His PA would have been set quite low as he reached it very late. To replicate real life his actual PA would have needed to be high at the start and if that was the case, he would have been signed by a big team very early due to a scout seeing what the PA is. PA doesn’t take into account late bloomers particularly well. 

Edited by DP

3 minutes ago, DP said:

he would have been signed by a big team very early due to a scout seeing what the PA is. 

No he wouldn't necessarily because staff do not know the actual PA number. 

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No he wouldn't necessarily because staff do not know the actual PA number. 

But how likely is this to happen? And they can still let you know it’s high potential. If there’s a young player with a high PA too often you know this as a number of big clubs start becoming interested. For that PA to not be known so long into a players career on FM doesn’t seem to happen - it’s realised earlier. 

I can’t recall having seen anything close to a Vardy situation on FM. 

Edited by DP

Just now, DP said:

But how likely is this to happen? If there’s a young player with a high PA too often you know this as a number of big clubs start becoming interested. For that PA to not be known so long into a players career on FM doesn’t seem to happen - it’s realised earlier. 

It happens. It’s just super rare. 
I mean, it’s pretty rare in real life to be fair, there’s not many examples in the English game beyond Vardy and arguably Rickie Lambert.

1 minute ago, DP said:

I once found an English 35 year old goalie with a PA above 180 (his CA was much lower) who had spent his entire career at a 3rd division club.

It's extremely rare (as it should be tbf) but it has happened :thup:.