England have just won the World Cup. What would you do?

60 members have voted

1. 1. England have just won the World Cup. What would you do?

• Drink. Drink. And drink some more.
    • Stare onto the TV in disbelief. Southgate has done it. Southgate, of all people.
    • Start crying. This finally happens in my lifetime. *sob*
    • Scream on my back yard.
    • Go to the street. Run the whole street, screaming with a giant England flag.
    • Drive around and honk non-stop.
    • Stand alone on my back yard, staring onto the sky. "So, there really is someone out there who creates miracles in your life."
    • Start a petition to knight Southgate.
    • Sing God Save the Queen after the staff and players receive the trophy.
    • Celebrate with lots and lots of fish-and-chips.
    • Make full English breakfast within two days.
    • Start a petition for Theresa May to declare a bank holiday for everyone to celebrate.
    • Debate with friends and strangers on the internets whether Big Sam could have done it.

3 hours ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Better avoid this board for a couple of months.

Probably stare at the TV and also be a bit emotional, moreso for the players and the achievement and just feel proud and pleased for them. I'd probably be drinking anyway so carry on but no dancing in fountains or anything mental :D

I will be calmly applauding at the TV and mutter, "Well done lads. Bloody well done."

Or, it could be like when Japan won the world cup back in 2011, screaming and jumping and running around in the house for an hour non-stop. 

As a Scotsman I'd just sit in disbelief :D

I don't really care if England win it. You're unlikely to see me supporting them to win a final, but I like a lot of the England team and I'd be chuffed for the City contingent in the squad, as well as some other players like Kane, Vardy, Henderson etc. 

replace England with Scotland and I'd probably have a heart attack :lol: Thankfully an extremely unlikely situation in my lifetime. 

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

200.gif

This.

Technically I'm "half" English (I identify as British/Australian though) but the only enjoyment I ever get from the England national team is seeing them fail spectacularly and the fallout that follows. Not that it would annoy me if they won, I just wouldn't care either way. If you are not invested in supporting a team then you can't really claim the joy of victory at the end.

3 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

This.

Technically I'm "half" English (I identify as British/Australian though) but the only enjoyment I ever get from the England national team is seeing them fail spectacularly and the fallout that follows. Not that it would annoy me if they won, I just wouldn't care either way. If you are not invested in supporting a team then you can't really claim the joy of victory at the end.

Yeah, I know what you mean. 99% of my enjoyment comes from following my club side and even following the local club side near where I lived in Switzerland gives me more pleasure than England. I’m not a massive follower of the national team but would love us to do well for a change. I feel kinda meh about England to be honest, but would love for us to win a World Cup or anything really. 

5 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. 99% of my enjoyment comes from following my club side and even following the local club side near where I lived in Switzerland gives me more pleasure than England. I’m not a massive follower of the national team but would love us to do well for a change. I feel kinda meh about England to be honest, but would love for us to win a World Cup or anything really. 

Yeah if I had the choice between an England WC win this summer or Coventry simply making the play-offs in League 1 next year I'd take the latter :D.

9 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Yeah if I had the choice between an England WC win this summer or Coventry simply making the play-offs in League 1 next year I'd take the latter :D.

Same here but with Soton staying up/making Europe/a cup final (God only knows what will happen we are that unpredictable sometimes). I would honestly love England to win something but club over country every day for me. But living in a city where everyone is American and Irish (and f**k the English), I may have to have a little gloat if/when we win something. 

Edit: slightly off topic but would love Cov to do well this season as it’s been a bit rough recently for you guys and if it’s at the expensive of our neighbours all the better.

Just now, mark1985 said:

Same here but with Soton staying up/making Europe/a cup final (God only knows what will happen we are that unpredictable sometimes). I would honestly love England to win something but club over country every day for me. But living in a city where everyone is American and Irish (and f**k the English), I may have to have a little gloat if/when we win something. 

Ah yes the famous American "Irish", seems to be just being from Boston is enough for them to claim they are Irish :D. Most of them probably couldn't even find Ireland on a map let alone know anything about it. 

I assume with the US ****ing up qualification the world cup fever is rather muted over there? :D

4 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Ah yes the famous American "Irish", seems to be just being from Boston is enough for them to claim they are Irish :D. Most of them probably couldn't even find Ireland on a map let alone know anything about it. 

I assume with the US ****ing up qualification the world cup fever is rather muted over there? :D

I’ve already met more than 1 person who proudly told me how grandad was in the IRA.

It’s a bit muted yeah. The area I live in (well, until Saturday) is largely Salvadoran and they didn’t qualify either. But just got the new sports package installed today and have a few friends over here who are footy fans so looking forward to it

1 minute ago, mark1985 said:

I’ve already met more than 1 person who proudly told me how grandad was in the IRA.

It’s a bit muted yeah. The area I live in (well, until Saturday) is largely Salvadoran and they didn’t qualify either. But just got the new sports package installed today and have a few friends over here who are footy fans so looking forward to it

Should have told him you had a cousin in ISIS :brock:

All aboard the Mexico bus!

Just now, G-Man11 said:

Should have told him you had a cousin in ISIS :brock:

Guns my friend. Guns.

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

All aboard the Mexico bus!

Try saying that in a place full of Salvadorans! 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:29, Chase Failey said:

Wake up

I was going to post the exact same thing :thup:

In reality I have booked the semi finals and final off just in case so if we did make it to the final I'd most likely be out watching it with friends and would probably just let out a roar followed by disbelief that we had done it with this manager and squad, I think it would be very surreal even in the days and weeks after.

I did cry when United won the CL in 99 but football is not life to me as it was back then so there is no chance I'd cry at winning a football tournament anymore.

1 hour ago, Federico said:

But you know, there's nothing better than your NT winning the World Cup. At least this is how I felt in 2006. I still think that was the greatest emotion I have ever felt in sport.

I'll never know.....

In truth I'll probably feel the same way if we ever qualify for a World Cup again.

200.gif

Oh Christ, I agree with MLG.. :idiot:

To be honest, I haven't been excited about England since 2002 maybe? So stare in disbelief, I guess. Won't celebrate, because if I have no faith in them, I can't claim victory.

Archived