104 members have voted

1. 1. How far will England go?

• Humiliation in the group stages
    • 2nd round over-achievement
    • Quarter Finals lol
    • Semi Finals and are you mad bruv?
    • 3rd place arise Sir Jordan Henderson
    • Pigs fly (winners)

I reckon we'll start with a simple win over Tunisia, barely scrape past Panama, and then battle bravely against Belgium before losing narrowly. 2nd in the group.

Then we'll get outclassed by Colombia (or somehow choke against Poland) in the Second Round. If not, Germany will almost certainly destroy us in the Quarters.

I think its ours to lose in reality.

Easy group

Whats the 2nd round? Poland or Colombia? Thats as good as a bye

Quarters? Is it Brazil? They wont fancy the weather, thats Semis

Semis - its anyones game and we are boring enough to slug it out

Final - even though Salah will score a pair, Lineker will nab 2 pens and we will beat the Africans.

WINNERS :mad:

16 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

I think its ours to lose in reality.

Easy group

Whats the 2nd round? Poland or Colombia? Thats as good as a bye

Quarters? Is it Brazil? They wont fancy the weather, thats Semis

Semis - its anyones game and we are boring enough to slug it out

Final - even though Salah will score a pair, Lineker will nab 2 pens and we will beat the Africans.

WINNERS :mad:

And then the £100m you promised Harry Kane when he wins the world cup puts Spenny Moor in to administration

Glorious return to form this time. Quarter final exit but playing some half decent football in patches along the way. Used to be disappointed with those sorts of World Cups back in the day, but I would take it now like a shot. If we can get to the last 8 and go out feeling like only a poor decision, player injury etc. has stopped us going further that would be immense.

It depends on whether or not the players succumb to the pressure or not. Following events this year I kind of wonder if we will get boo'ed by some of the Russian fans and this might motivate the players in a positive way.

Or we'll go out in the last 16. :D

Think Tunisia will be better than people are expecting but they've lost their most talented player to injury so we should get past them fairly handily, Belgium are always less than the sum of their parts and the players seem to hate Martinez so we could beat them, but a dreadful 0-0 against Panama would be incredibly England too. Any of Poland, Senegal and Colombia would give us a pretty even game, nothing to fear for us but they'd be looking at us thinking the exact same. Japan are bad. Groups would be disappointing, 2nd round is probably par depending on how we went out, quarters and beyond would be lovely.

I think we'll top the group and rea h the quarter finals. We're pretty much guaranteed to meet Germany or Brazil at that stage and we're not beating either in reality.

Probably the best I've felt about a tournament since 2006 though and its nice to be relatively positive again. :D

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:28, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

we're going to win BELIEVE

Woah tiger.

World Cup in 1966, Rugby World Cup in 2003 - isn't it time you gave someone else a chance?

On 15/05/2018 at 21:31, Pukey said:

Probably a completely correct decision that everyone whinges about because it's VAR

My prediction is Jonathan Pearce getting utterly confused by it and thinking it's ruined the game, the BBC (and probably every other broadcaster) calling every VAR decision "controversial", and one older pundit  to disagree with a correct goal decision because he knows more than this newfangled Hawkeye technology.

Granted all of that has already happened, but I expect it to go into overdrive as the broadcasters take a final stand against its implementation.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Only happened twice since Euro 96 :D:( 

Denmark 2002 WCR16 and Ecuador 2006 WCR16

Yeah I thought it was 2006 tbf. 

Christ, it really has been barren hasn't it? :(

And to think we all used to be disappointed to get to the QF and lose, happened every tournament for a few WCs and Euro's. To get that far now would feel like we'd won it. :D

England have the annoying ability they could go quite far, or they could not. I think there is a chance England could draw versus a couple of really easy sides. And that could be the concern, can they pull it off post-draws via the extra time, or the penalties. I expect draws in the group should not impact England too much. 

2nd round most likely. Since they most likely finish 2nd in the group and then lose to the group winners in the other group.

of course finishing rock bottom of the group like last time is also possible.

Archived