Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

8 hours ago, luka_ said:

I know it can't be disscused here but please send me solution in private msg who knows...How can I fix brazilian club colours, names I fixed but the colours are still wrong. I want to play south american save and this is a game breaker for me..can't find solution anywhere!

A Google search of some of your words there quite literally brings up multiple available solutions.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart of the current long shot accuracy issue etc.: Finishing discussions on FM aren't going to go away, unless the game would display something like this on every shot. No less as it always seemed to consider similar: There is very few chances in a match of football you'd expect to see scored (e.g. scoring probability above 50%). This involves most one on ones, and the players don't make the world's difference -- same to any competivie sports, the battles are settled in margins, not leagues apart.  Even for an above 1 in 10 chance (10%), the forward is typically considered to be centrally in the box, just a few yards out. However, I feel SI would not consider doing such, as it may be based largely directly on their calculations, that is, fear of giving too much away. E.g. is the scoring probability considered to be higher from a cross than a narrow through ball -- after all, the finish off the cross may change the direction of the ball in an instant and gives the keeper no time to react. And if so, players may attempt to "game it all". I think a more detailed break-up of the quality of the chances is badly needed though longterm, as the post match reports plain don't make any sense, and are purely based on attempt volumes. Highly highly misleading.

SI are officially teamed up with STATS. Confident they'll work something out. :p I was surprised that it seems the FM Mobile players who have tried to work out their own methodologies here -- the more trimmed down / casual friendly product. https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/39217-analytics-in-fmm-introducing-expected-goals-xg/

Edited by Svenc

vor 1 Minute schrieb janesy20:

I haven't scored a penalty across multiple saves in the last 8 penalties. Has anyone else noticed a high incidence of missed penalties? I don't mind the odd one here and there but its so predictable at the moment.

Did you change the penalty taker? I'm managing different teams and can't see an issue.

Hello, My fellow managers here are two proposals that will make Football Manager much better than it already is!

1. An in-game editor that allows us to manipulate the details of players, staff, clubs, fanbases, chairmen, awards, and much more to the updated version of Football Manager Touch 2018! Also, let's demand a reasonable price of about $6.99 or about 5 quid in the UK.

2. In contract negotiations, you can offer players a goal bonus or a clean-sheet bonus. Why can't we offer players an assist bonus? It would help to attract midfielders, wingers, and full-backs who don't normally score 20-30 goals a season. This should be implemented throughout all platforms of FM from the touch version to the mobile version!

If you want something to be done about these issues, this is the comment to upvote so we grab the developers' attention!! As DT would say, COME ON YOU GUYS, DO NOT LET ME DOWN!!!

Edited by Thescouser20
Something to Add

I think I'm done with this years version of the game. After 626 hours I feel there i no more enjoyment to be had. Make no mistake, this is a very good rating as no other game gives me this many hours. But this will be my last feedback:

(All of the following points is something I have seen very often during every season and it's not just happening to me, this is happening in both directions)

1. Bouncing balls - it's not uncommon to see a ball bounce between 2-3 players before finally ending up as a perfect assist. The ball physics reacting with players must surely be very off? Surely this isn't pinball?
2. Injury time - I have during 600+ hours I can count on one hand the amount of games that just ended within 2 minutes of injury time. Instead it's quite common that 5 minutes turn into 7 minutes. My record being 9 minutes after a 4 minute add. 3 yellows and a goal apparently is sufficient to add 5 minutes?
3. Corners - Or rather how corners happen. Again, one issue is the weird bouncing balls and balls bouncing in a human and then go for a perfect 45 degree without losing any speed out for a corner. Another is the awful backpass, a player with zero pressure misses an easy back pass and goes out for a corner. Another is the keeper saving a ball thats 2 meters away from goal. I would say about 40% of all the corners I watched have been created in a normal football way, the rest are just so strange.
4. Saving the ball from throw ins - This one have created a lot of unnecessary chances. The ball is headed out for a throw in in a harmless position, a defending player runs to save it from going out, manage to do so but then freezes at the line, allowing an opposing attacker to run 20 meters, pick up the ball and then stroll into goal. This also happens with corners, but throw ins is more common and more unnecessary.
5. Understanding tactics and how to get it to work is in general too hard. It's also too hard to analyze the game because you don't know if the strangeness you watch is due to weird ME quirks or your own tactics. This is of course a very big question and many would disagree.
6. Offsides and the insistant "camera man" deciding that I have to watch a billion of them each game. Not sure if there are too many of them or if the highlights on comprehensive just show them too often. Sometimes feels like there are more whistles in FM than in a regular game of NFL.
7. Decisions - This is more likely due to my tactics as I often see opposition having great decisions. But it's very common that a player is just one easy pass away from putting a team mate into an easy tap-in position, but instead of squaring the ball there is very often a poor shot going straight into the stratosphere. I've personally built up my team with players who have very high Decisions, teamwork, vision and passing in the offensive areas and yet I see very few assists in this matter. It's more common that the attacker shoots, the ball bounces in a weird way and then the team mate gets the ball and scores.
8. AI injuries - It's very common that the AI plays a starting eleven with 2+ orange injuries. It's also common that they ignore to substitute injuries of that kind during a game. Chelsea was 3-0 up against me when their hattrick-hero Pedro got a knee-injury, but instead of subbing they let him play ALL game. He was out for 4 months after that game which they won 4-0. A key player like that anyone would substitute if the score was comfortable in the 60th minute and no subs had been done.
9. Crosses - Not so much the scoring from crosses but rather the ability to get a decent cross away. It doesn't matter if there are two defenders on the crosser and he has is back towards the penalty area, he still whip around and manage a great cross perfectly aimed at striker. If the crosser have 10 or 20 in his crossing attribute seem of little relevance, his balance and agility seem to not matter either.

All in all I give the game an overall strong 8/10 and a 10/10 for value for money.

I also see a lot of "crossed goals" and maybe too many - BUT it also depends on the system you are playing. I for instance have a 5-3-2 and a 4-2-3-1 deep.. both defending heavily in the middle, so my opp. needs to attack the flank, and therefore ill concede more goals like that.. In my 5-3-2 the wing back offer width and will be crossing so I score a bunch like that. In my 4-2-3-1 deep.. i have a forward attack and an inside forward attack.. so my winger will get to cross a fair deal to them.. I dont disagree that there could be a problem, but you also have to look at how you make the ME act.

I do miss the days where at good dribler (Robinho in his youth) would take the ball and make a fool of 2-3 defenders and then be alone with the keeper to tap it in.. I never see that anymore sadly - but is it realistic.. I really do like the ME this year but its far from perfect and it never will be perfect.

Edited by JensenS

I rarely do this but the time for my whining has come.

Match Engine problems/issues:

- Crossing is weird because it's too 'accurate', I mean your fullback(s) can cover a winger and still he can deliver perfect ball. And I think crossing accuracy should be recuded by few percent. And for f**** sake how many crosses that 'hits the crossbar' you can have in one match? It's more common in FM than IRL.

- I miss the times of good dribblers who can really make an impact. You know, a guy who can dribble few guys and make crazy assist or something. Last time I saw that in fm15 I guess.

- And the defenders. It's hard to get a good match ONLY for your CB for example. If you draw with big club, usually your GK has the best rating. Sometimes your CDM or CM. 

- There's too many simple errors on higher levels on football. Defenders are having serious problems with simple passes and losing the ball too often. And the finishing when you have your partner around in the box. There's 80-90% chance that guy with the ball will not pass to his teammate and miss the sitter. And I have this problem having AMC and ST (it's explainable that having two ST's will cause more 'selfish' decisions).

- Expanding the point above: player with good mental attributes (like decisions, anticipation or even concentration) are somehow worse then they should be. I know about the decisions attribute problem and I believe that more key stats are 'badly affected' by the match engine.

Not ME problems/issues:

- If you want to loan a player - it should be an option to 'require' a squad status. Because if you want loan player who needs a regular games (like GK, FB, wingers) you can only choose 'preffered status'. It should have 'lock' option. And If you are rejecting the loan offer - you should have an option like - The player needs better 'squad status' (like we get a message 'player don't want to play in low division your team playing in).

- I think this may be more league issue than game issue but in poland I can't sign or loan a player in january transfer window. I know that in poland 'real' transfer window starts and ends in february but It's too late for this player to play friendlies and be on camp with the team. It should be something like the player can sign in january but registered for domestic division from february. 

- I have a rich club now (I think some rich businessman has taken over my club) but I have the message that my club lacks financial security. With 7 millions transfer budget. And 60k wages left. If it's not a problem - can someone explain me this?

- I scout a big number of players but really, too many 'tends to be peripheral figure in the squad'. It's not bothering me really, because dynamics doesn't really affect my squad mentally (even though the concept and idea is brilliant and I love it). 

- I have a player who is in my squad from the 4th division (I'm in first division now). And I get this annoying question on match conference (about his impact to the squad and being in the squad from lower division) 2-3 times a month. 

- These pre-briefing match tactical reminders are useless imo, it doesn't have any impact whatsoever. 

15 hours ago, Bigpole said:

- I miss the times of good dribblers who can really make an impact. You know, a guy who can dribble few guys and make crazy assist or something. Last time I saw that in fm15 I guess.

I play Rodrygo as an Inside Forward in an attacking, fluid 4-2-3-1 and he has cuts inside with ball and places shots as a trait. He regularly tears defences apart with his dribbling. Fantastic player.

15 hours ago, Bigpole said:

- I have a player who is in my squad from the 4th division (I'm in first division now). And I get this annoying question on match conference (about his impact to the squad and being in the squad from lower division) 2-3 times a month. 

Could you post this in the bugs forum and upload a save game before this question appears please?

I have a problem with dutch league, every other league works fine but the eredivise works slower every time i press on every button on interface.

Also, when i start carrer game with eredivise club , loading cups competitions and finding manager targets and other stuff also take long time. 

Hello fellow FM addicts 

Finally after 30+ seasons played in this latest FM instalment my final assessment is as follows:

- This is the FM where you can get past your toughest tests and opponents with the most idiotic and unrealistic tactics, for example, that minnow team in your league that always manages to give you an upset, just face them with a super defensive formation and you've done it. No more upsets. And what about that Man Utd impossible match right up ahead? No problem. Just play without strikers, offside trap with your defence all the way up, just passing the ball through into space and pronto, no mountain high enough to climbimage.thumb.png.fd60f12d92c5adc645ac70f514d789da.pngimage.thumb.png.ff34544e55f669e856a44f9f13836318.png

- The SS are from a UCL group stage match, my FC Porto side against MU at Old Trafford, my strikerless tactic absolutely devastated the red devils (despite the fact they ended up with one player sent off and an injury after using all of the subs)

- It was by far the most disappointing FM to date, I'm going back to FM 2016 or FM 2017, hoping to get back to this one if by any chance you guys at SI decide to improve it especially at the Match Engine level. Absolute disgrace. What ever happened to direct free kicks? The only cool thing is that as much as my team doesn't benefit from free kicks, I go by several seasons in a row without conceding goals from that stance, but so much for realism

- I believe that you tried to make game harder and more difficult, but created a lot of exploits that you can access simply by creating unrealistic and idiotic tactics 

- Sorry for my bad english

59 minutes ago, mitzra3l said:

Hello fellow FM addicts 

Finally after 30+ seasons played in this latest FM instalment my final assessment is as follows:

- This is the FM where you can get past your toughest tests and opponents with the most idiotic and unrealistic tactics, for example, that minnow team in your league that always manages to give you an upset, just face them with a super defensive formation and you've done it. No more upsets. And what about that Man Utd impossible match right up ahead? No problem. Just play without strikers, offside trap with your defence all the way up, just passing the ball through into space and pronto, no mountain high enough to climb

- The SS are from a UCL group stage match, my FC Porto side against MU at Old Trafford, my strikerless tactic absolutely devastated the red devils (despite the fact they ended up with one player sent off and an injury after using all of the subs)

- It was by far the most disappointing FM to date, I'm going back to FM 2016 or FM 2017, hoping to get back to this one if by any chance you guys at SI decide to improve it especially at the Match Engine level. Absolute disgrace. What ever happened to direct free kicks? The only cool thing is that as much as my team doesn't benefit from free kicks, I go by several seasons in a row without conceding goals from that stance, but so much for realism

- I believe that you tried to make game harder and more difficult, but created a lot of exploits that you can access simply by creating unrealistic and idiotic tactics 

- Sorry for my bad english

That's what I did back in last November

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You play with unrealistic tactics, yet you want realism? 

Right then. 

Also, no-one cares if you're going back to play an earlier version. No-one. 

regardless of tactics employed, SI should care, if a significant number of players are returning to earlier versions, it would suggest that the game is going in the wrong direction.

8 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

regardless of tactics employed, SI should care, if a significant number of players are returning to earlier versions, it would suggest that the game is going in the wrong direction.

It's only people on here who believe everything they read who'll be doing that. 

9 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

5th most played game on Steam yesterday, record concurrent users for the series smashedconcurrent users of FM17 are trending downwards whilst concurrent FM18 users is trending upwards over the same period. I think it's pretty clear that most users are pretty happy with things and that would suggest the game is going in the right direction.

57 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

5th most played game on Steam yesterday, record concurrent users for the series smashedconcurrent users of FM17 are trending downwards whilst concurrent FM18 users is trending upwards over the same period. I think it's pretty clear that most users are pretty happy with things and that would suggest the game is going in the right direction.

While it doesn't mean FM18 hasn't got faults of its own, it's hard to argue with these figures on an overall level. 

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

While it doesn't mean FM18 hasn't got faults of its own, it's hard to argue with these figures on an overall level. 

Indeed.

Personally, I'd love to see revamped international management - allowing B Team fixtures, changing tournament final squad submission dates to allow friendlies to be played prior to confirming your 23, some kind of match prep training etc.

I also think social needs improving, but it's not a major issue. Seems like it takes a 'good tweet, bad tweet, medium tweet' to almost every event, which I think isn't great in all circumstances.

Yeah, some people often forget that users who visit these forums are in the significant minority.  You can get an idea of opinions on the game - after all, that's what it's for - but taking it as the widespread opinion is like saying that the entire world likes Irn Bru because your local Tesco didn't have any left.

1 hour ago, CaptainSa said:

Shush! My mind is already made up, don't confuse me with facts!

4 hours ago, CaptainSa said:

As a neutral observation: FM17 is clearly trending downwards, but I find it hard to see an upward trend in concurrent FM18 users.

1 hour ago, jamessmith010101 said:

still getting the issue of subbing 3 players after 60 mins and then losing a players to injury or sending off. last 5 games 3 injuries and 2 sending offs all after subs after 60 mins. im sure this was an issue before but would have thought it would have been fixed by now !!!

So don't make 3 subs after 60 minutes?  There's no "issue" there to fix.  If you use all your subs, you always run the risk of that happening, just like in real life.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this so apologize in advance, but will the new Champions league and Europa League rules be added to the new patch? Or is it already in the game?

Changes in the new patch will be listed in the changelist/announcement thread. Wait and see. :thup:

22 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

Although considering they were originally announced like two years ago... maybe? :p

In my career in 2024 there's already Preliminary round in CL and EL so ;)

4 hours ago, jamessmith010101 said:

still getting the issue of subbing 3 players after 60 mins and then losing a players to injury or sending off. last 5 games 3 injuries and 2 sending offs all after subs after 60 mins. im sure this was an issue before but would have thought it would have been fixed by now !!!

I use 3 subs around 60 minutes every game. I see far too few times I go to 10 men after that. I've done this every game for about 15 seasons, and I probably average once per season I get an injury after 60 minutes. 

It's a habit I got into years ago on FM, I always sub the lowest three condition players around 60 minutes, and have a tiny fraction of the injuries I should see each season. It's so effective, it's basically an exploit. 

22 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You play with unrealistic tactics, yet you want realism? 

Right then. 

Also, no-one cares if you're going back to play an earlier version. No-one. 

Of course I want realism, so I can face it with realistic tactics. You missed my point

4 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this so apologize in advance, but will the new Champions league and Europa League rules be added to the new patch? Or is it already in the game?

4 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Changes in the new patch will be listed in the changelist/announcement thread. Wait and see. :thup:

3 hours ago, CaptainSa said:

Although considering they were originally announced like two years ago... maybe? :p

I think this is in the game already, before the patch...

BqVKGdl.png

21 hours ago, penza said:

Only 38 pages of feedback with a patch that is 3 months old says a lot to be honest, I haven't played the game since 18.2.2 unfortunately!

Do you think that fact means there are a lot of problems or that there aren't that many?

27 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

When the last patch will be launched?

It usually is released close to the end of the Chinese transfer window, which closed yesterday. Last year it was released today, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's released in the very near future. SI never announce release dates for updates to avoid getting people's hopes up, so this is only a guesstimate from my end - but I'm confident my prediction won't be too far off.

2 minutes ago, Mons said:

It usually is released close to the end of the Chinese transfer window, which closed yesterday. Last year it was released today, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's released in the very near future. SI never announce release dates for updates to avoid getting people's hopes up, so this is only a guesstimate from my end - but I'm confident my prediction won't be too far off.

Thanks mate!

So, originally we'd hoped to release the winter transfer update & patch at 16.05 GMT, 5 minutes after the Chinese window closed. However, unfortunately, we got hit by a "wrong kind of snow" issue, so it's not going to be today. Hopefully tomorrow, maybe Friday. #FM18

This if from Miles before 19 hours

44 minutes ago, Mons said:

Do you think that fact means there are a lot of problems or that there aren't that many?

there aren't many (there has never been that many in all fm's) but there are serious ones as per this feedback thread and the bugs reports (like direct free kicks which has not been fixed since beta) there isnt any point in repeating them but personally speaking i find it appalling that it takes 3 months to release an update in line with transfers but the bugs are a lot more important to fix ... while transfers are an add-on which can be added after March 1st. It should not take 3 months (18.2 is proof that they can fix some of them more quickly)