Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Passing on this game is frying my brain. Th complete inability to pass the ball backwards constantly results in stupid passes that are never going to reach their intended target. 

Not swing shots going to the corner flag anymore but too many times shots are being taken at the edge of the area and are going wide by a good few yards.

IMO match engine still has a horrible feeling and lacks beauty in the football being played

EDIT: Forgot to mention corners constantly going to a man outside the box unmarked

Edited by RobertPage

2 hours ago, raaatpack said:

An issue i've been having, only since the new update,  the views on the scouted and player search screen.

Every time I visit the shouting page the default views have been reset and my custom views have disappeared. It's frustrating having to import a view each time I want to look at players, and even more frustrating that I had to recreate the views I made months ago from scratch and from memory.

This still

9 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Some improvements. 27% ME changes.

9 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

More improvements than you thought. 73% ME changes.

Joke posts aside, from what I've seen we're somewhere in this range - shots seem much better, free kicks do not.

1 hour ago, CaptainSa said:

Joke posts aside, from what I've seen we're somewhere in this range - shots seem much better, free kicks do not.

Although having said that my team - a second division side in Norway, so not exactly blessed with Nordic Juninho Pernambucanos', just scored two free kicks in a single match so the hell do I know anyway?

20 hours ago, Kazza said:

Again I take it that the match fans all wearing strips was not tackled because ...................small detail but it does become irksome. If this has been answered apologies.

Would like an answer to this?

11 hours ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Marked improvements. 100% ME changes.

LOL placebo effect - you see what you want to see:

These are the Winter Update  ME changes as confirmed in GD:

MATCH
------
- Fixed rare ball physics bug
- Improved individual team talk reactions
- Fixed team talk assistant advice when winning competition
- Fixed passing accuracy assistant feedback
- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black
- Fixed score diverging in online matches
- Additional individual team talk button added to player’s row on team talk table

If you are happy then who am I to complain :D

5 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

LOL placebo effect - you see what you want to see:

These are the Winter Update  ME changes as confirmed in GD:

MATCH
------
- Fixed rare ball physics bug
- Improved individual team talk reactions
- Fixed team talk assistant advice when winning competition
- Fixed passing accuracy assistant feedback
- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black
- Fixed score diverging in online matches
- Additional individual team talk button added to player’s row on team talk table

If you are happy then who am I to complain :D

Yep,

Oddly enough none of the 7 items listed under ME changes would seem to directly impact the ME.

4 relate to team talks or advice, 1 is online only, 1 is a graphical glitch and the other a rare physics bug.   

However the build number has changed and any request for clarification is met by obtuse and/or evasive answers merely referencing the above list.

So either nothing has actually changed and they don't want to come right out and say it or changes have been made but not listed.

Neither of these are satisfactory.

4 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

Maybe SI know that people on this forum will complain no matter what, despite the vast majority of customers being satisfied with the game. :p

I think they are well used to people complaining given how long they have been producing the game. People are still buying it and enjoying it also

They confirmed all the changes in the new build so quite rightly they have no need to say any more

46 minutes ago, Matty114 said:

18.3 has broken the Job Centre, it is showing all under 20s and Reserves jobs, with the amount of leagues I loaded the list is massive. It is making it hard to see available jobs.

It always showed all the available jobs there's a filter that you can filter out the roles

I am done. Just had Messi shoot from about 23 yards out, no pressure, and the ball just missed the corner flag. Have seen this happen far too many times, and yes I am using 18.3. How SI never fixed this is beyond me. Disappointed fan.

2 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I think they are well used to people complaining given how long they have been producing the game. People are still buying it and enjoying it also

They confirmed all the changes in the new build so quite rightly they have no need to say any more

Yeah, the ME list is always explicit. If its not in the ME update list, its not there. 

There's no secrecy or mysterious method here.

23 minutes ago, Preveza said:

I am done. Just had Messi shoot from about 23 yards out, no pressure, and the ball just missed the corner flag. Have seen this happen far too many times, and yes I am using 18.3. How SI never fixed this is beyond me. Disappointed fan.

I was also really really frustrated with these long-shots before the patch. But for me it seems like its improved a bit after the patch. What i have also noticed is that there seem to be a link between the long shots and possession based football (subjective oppinion!). It seems like these horrible long shots happen more often when players lack good passing options in a a control based tactic. I now play a more attacking tactic, and while there are still occational really bad long shots from world class players i now actually see more shots hitting the target. Asensio even now just scored a screamer - something i had to wait 3 months for :-)))

I don't want to be rude or disrespectful but i'm not impressed with the work/develop of the last months. I remember older editions when the last patch was a huge improvement.

The ME team needs some new people with fresh ideas just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Altair said:

I don't want to be rude or disrespectful but i'm not impressed with the work/develop of the last months. I remember older editions when the last patch was a huge improvement.

You say you don't want to be rude, by then following it up by being rude about the ME team, despite not knowing anything about the ME team.

You're best off not making any comments about personell

1 minute ago, Altair said:

Really, that'll be the bloke who invented the game then :D

If you look in the bugs section there is plenty raised around shooting, defensive positioning etc so hopefully FM19 will benefit. 

Hello everyone,

Please clarify me 4 moments about FM18 Ingame Staticstics:

1) Number of mathes/goals in footballer's profile is considered only regular league (like FM17) or all official games (Cups, eurocups)?

2) Is there update of bronze/silver medals in footballer's profile + is there update in profiles achievements?

3) If team play in any cup's final, achievement get only players in squad or all players who were registreted in this tournament?

4) Gold/silver/bronze medals of regular league get only playerls who play 10+ games or all players who were registreted in the season?

Many thanks in advance!

so done nothing about the data analyst view when you cant see any shadow on the ball. 

closing down still ***** at times, when a team breaks your players all follow the player with the ball leaving the normal easy cross and shot/ header goal. 

still silly shots like from end of the area that go out for throw ins 

These are matches I've played on my Wolves save since the update:

image.thumb.png.fb81426d6f1685d11362704c8d51ca52.png

Results, performances and player behaviour are consistent in every single area to that of 18.2. It's fascinating to read the placebo effect the update has had on people. People look, and they see what they want to see. End of story.

It's only my personal opinion, but in comparison to the Winter update of FM17 (which turned a half decent game into a world beater) - This update is the single biggest let down in the history of FM on Steam.

1 hour ago, Spedding said:

It always showed all the available jobs there's a filter that you can filter out the roles

The filters do not work, before the patch I could set it to show only manager jobs and it will show first team jobs. Now it shows jobs for First team, Reserves and Under 20/18s, I'm in the middle of a journeyman save and this is a pain in the backside. My scroll bar for the Job centre is massive now, even when trying to sort the columns it will not put first team jobs together.

6 minutes ago, penza said:

Direct Free kicks are still next to non-existent (just created a 'perfect' player) he scored 2 all season... super grateful thanks guys for not fixing this since BETA.

Coutinho scored 3 in the PL last season, which was the most scored. Willian 2 the year before, which was the most. I think you are expecting too much from DFKs

Just now, Karnack said:

Coutinho scored 3 in the PL last season, which was the most scored. Willian 2 the year before, which was the most. I think you are expecting too much from DFKs

when you do the same exact test in FM17, the player scored 30 per season, so.... of course 30 a season is not 'realistic' but why the difference?

Just now, penza said:

when you do the same exact test in FM17, the player scored 30 per season, so.... of course 30 a season is not 'realistic' but why the difference?

Sounds like the ME is much more realistic now. 30 is absurd. The last 10 years 4 have been the absolute maximum a single player have scored in one season from DFKs

There were 26 goals scored from direct free kicks in the Premier League during the 2016/17 season https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/att_freekick_goal

The in game totals are a tiny fraction of this. They are clearly not functioning as originally intended. The problem is that there were too many goals from direct free kicks on FM17, so I suspect they have been over nerfed this year.

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

There were 26 goals scored from direct free kicks in the Premier League during the 2016/17 season https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/att_freekick_goal

The in game totals are a tiny fraction of this. They are clearly not functioning as originally intended. The problem is that there were too many goals from direct free kicks on FM17, so I suspect they have been over nerfed this year.

yeah in Serie A i have an average of 8 per season... for the whole league, once again something is not right and it hasn't been fixed since BETA, there is nothing that anyone can say to deny this!

1 hour ago, Matty114 said:

The filters do not work, before the patch I could set it to show only manager jobs and it will show first team jobs. Now it shows jobs for First team, Reserves and Under 20/18s, I'm in the middle of a journeyman save and this is a pain in the backside. My scroll bar for the Job centre is massive now, even when trying to sort the columns it will not put first team jobs together.

there working for me

I still look at every update to see if David De Gea has been given more than 15 for one on ones, been the same for years now, it's hilarious :lol:

For the record I haven't looked at this one yet, someone surprise me and tell me finally this has been changed?

5 minutes ago, Matty114 said:

Good for you i guess. This has only happened since 18.3, here is a picture of the problem

https://imgur.com/a/wQdN

Bit of a long shot but have you cleared your cache etc.  I checked mine and it is working as intended.

Edited by Kazza

vor 7 Minuten schrieb szp:

Yes, there's a final patch for FM 18, but it's practically transfer update only. It doesn't change anything important. 

Hello my friend,

So I understood you correctly, that there will be no more patches?
March was after all, the month where the final patch always came.

3 hours ago, rdbayly said:

2 hours ago, penza said:

yeah in Serie A i have an average of 8 per season... for the whole league, once again something is not right and it hasn't been fixed since BETA, there is nothing that anyone can say to deny this!

First season I've played on 18.3 and the Premier League has seen 26 DFKs scored as of the 3rd of February - definitely not too low there. You have to remember there's a lot of random chance and it fluctuates massively in real life too.

Edited by Spurs08

9 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

First season I've played on 17.3 and the Premier League has seen 26 DFKs scored as of the 3rd of February - definitely not too low there. You have to remember there's a lot of random chance and it fluctuates massively in real life too.

I'm absolutely astonished at this figure. I've not seen anything even remotely close to that number in any division across multiple seasons.

Just started a new save and notice that tactic familiarity only increased to about 60% after finish all pre-season friendlies. In 18.2.2 tactic familiarity will always increase to about 80-90% after pre-season.

6 hours ago, penza said:

Actually, it's easy to deny as I'm currently in late January and German first division got 14 DFKs goals so far. Keeping this up, considering they have played exactly half of their games they would end up at 28.
Serie A is currently on 11 DFKs goals after half their season. 
La Liga is 20-21 games in and a total of 34(!!!!!) DFKs goals so far.
French League is 21 games in and a total of 19 DFKs.
The only really low one is the PL who sits at a lowly 5. 

Edited by Karnack
Added French and English

53 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Actually, it's easy to deny as I'm currently in late January and German first division got 14 DFKs goals so far. Keeping this up, considering they have played exactly half of their games they would end up at 28.
Serie A is currently on 11 DFKs goals after half their season. 
La Liga is 20-21 games in and a total of 34(!!!!!) DFKs goals so far.
French League is 21 games in and a total of 19 DFKs.
The only really low one is the PL who sits at a lowly 5. 

Are the matches running on full detail? Because that makes a massive difference.

6 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Are the matches running on full detail? Because that makes a massive difference.

Probably not. I'm playing in Italy with default settings. Guessing that should be full match details?