Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

Just now, d d said:

I got a message from Football Manger to update my drivers in the new update.

They've added an advice pop-up to ensure all users' graphics drivers are kept up-to-date. I suspect that this is because outdated drivers have been the cause of many of the crash threads in the bugs forum.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Play the game, and you'll see if anything's changed. It has, but early doors I have to say, not for the better as my next post will show. 

I don’t have the game. I’d just like to know if a fairly central part of it has been tweaked at all based on some of the bugs that were logged. 

Again I take it that the match fans all wearing strips was not tackled because ...................small detail but it does become irksome. If this has been answered apologies.

Edited by Kazza

1 hour ago, Mons said:

Genuine question. What issues have you logged on the bugs forum? Looking at your post history, I found these 4 UI issues which range between insignificant, solved and not followed up by yourself:

An SI tester got back to you on this post, but you never replied. There's this issue, which you received feedback from SI on, and also this one which an SI tester said had been "put forward as a potential Feature Request, therefore it is still under review at the moment". There's also this one, which I believe you understand was due to your assistant handling match preparation.

There was this post in the match engine bugs forum, which seems to have been a solved issue, and this post, to which you were asked to make a new dedicated thread, but which I can't seem to see was followed up by you.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm fully prepared to be), what are the myriad issues posted in the bugs forum by you which haven't been dealt with?

There are many things to criticise SI for, but posts such as yours' with no constructive value and which are ill-informed and ill-judged, i.e. moaning for moaning's sake, really get on my wick.

Sorry your on a wick . That is sad . The Feature Request isn't a feature request its a reinstatement that was taken out . If you don't like this game to be criticised then go away and hide in a corner . Its not up to you to decide what someone should complain about so if it gets on your wick then don't read it . Your response has no constructive value than just to shut someone down who feels the game is going nowhere . Just like a moderator you defend the game instead of looking deeper into the millions we pay to have little effort . As stated the game has not grown at all . Same ol Same ol . 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb mbabbs:

Its a different build number, so something has changed.

There are two numbers. The long is the build number and the ME has its own number, which is 1822.

So you are saying something has changed or its the same? Cause if its the same then yes the placebo effect has worked on both me and my team....

...well looking at the Bug reports section it would seem that I am wrong and that nothing has changed. I won't tell my players though, cause they are playing out of their skin at the moment........

Edited by mbabbs

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Sorry your on a wick . That is sad . The Feature Request isn't a feature request its a reinstatement that was taken out . If you don't like this game to be criticised then go away and hide in a corner . Its not up to you to decide what someone should complain about so if it gets on your wick then don't read it . Your response has no constructive value than just to shut someone down who feels the game is going nowhere . Just like a moderator you defend the game instead of looking deeper into the millions we pay to have little effort . As stated the game has not grown at all . Same ol Same ol . 

The user asked you some pretty straight-forward questions and you've come back and essentially had a pop at him, at us and at our moderating team. Please try to keep your posts civil and constructive, even if you are unhappy.

Thanks.  

10 minutes ago, prot651 said:

I'm sorry, but why even answer like this. You got caught so either admit it, or try to hide in shame. If you had a genuine cause for concern I would applaud you, but if you lie about bug reporting...? Why even bother.

The game have certainly progressed and does every year, but if you feel like it doesn't then why don't stick to game you enjoy? You know, have FUN instead of lying and moaning on a forum? Bonkers, some people...

Edited by XaW

I have only played 2 Matches so far and there are changes to the ME - be it the ME itself or how it is displayed in the 3D Match - it feels less out of sync and way more acurate...so far...

PS: There is a problem with the FM Light Skin as some words and signs that were black in the previous Version now appear White!!!

Edited by Etebaer

8 minutes ago, Altair said:

I dont understand nothing. No ME changes but i notice something different. Its placebo?

The ME before was 1821 and is now 1822 after the update. Something has changed. 

2 hours ago, russell9 said:

There are no ME changes. None, nada.

11 minutes ago, Altair said:

I dont understand nothing. No ME changes but i notice something different. Its placebo?

The ME before was 1821 and is now 1822 after the update. Something has changed

Good. I'm not going mad afterall.

Something I am noticing now are a lot of high scoring games. At first I just thought it was my rock n roll style of football, but it seems to be across leagues. Maybe because of more accurate shots and more lethal strikers......

Just a quick question, has the random shooting and awful shots been fixed? My last match I played a couple of days ago, Harry Kane shot from right outside the box, directly in front of goal, and hit the corner flag. 

19 minuti fa, ben carter ha scritto:

The ME before was 1821 and is now 1822 after the update. Something has changed. 

True.

- Fixed passing accuracy assistant feedback

That's all on regard of the ME changes. Not even a ME change being pricky. What amuses me is that some people see improvements on goalkeeping and other stuff not mentioned in the changelist.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Right, so a few matches played after the update, and alarm bells are ringing. I know shooting accuracy has never been a strong point of the FM engine, but in the few games I've played since last night, I'm getting a lot like this...

tyoAmlE.jpg

I have no idea why 14 of my team's 19 shots were from that far out when I have a tactic designed to basically do the opposite (and that's been working not too badly up until now, in that regard anyway). Also, a few of Northampton's shots are completely wild. but that one out for a throw was ridiculous (checked the replay and it was just a standard chance from the edge of the box). 

As I said, it's a small sample thus far, but it feels a bit off to me so far. 

10 minutes ago, JBoyd33641 said:

Just a quick question, has the random shooting and awful shots been fixed? My last match I played a couple of days ago, Harry Kane shot from right outside the box, directly in front of goal, and hit the corner flag. 

My post above would suggest not. In fact, I'd say it's got worse. 

This are the ME changes/improvements:

MATCH
------
- Fixed rare ball physics bug
- Improved individual team talk reactions
- Fixed team talk assistant advice when winning competition
- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black
- Fixed score diverging in online matches
- Additional individual team talk button added to player’s row on team talk table

I've only played a couple of games, but shooting seems a bit better, there aren't quite as many wayward long shots as before.

Edit: Judging from the list of ME changes, the wayward long shots were either caused by the "rare ball physics bug" (though I wouldn't call something that happened multiple times per match "rare") or they weren't fixed at all and I'm just experiencing a placebo effect. Either way, I'm not impressed.

Edited by endtime

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Right, so a few matches played after the update, and alarm bells are ringing. I know shooting accuracy has never been a strong point of the FM engine, but in the few games I've played since last night, I'm getting a lot like this...

tyoAmlE.jpg

I have no idea why 14 of my team's 19 shots were from that far out when I have a tactic designed to basically do the opposite (and that's been working not too badly up until now, in that regard anyway). Also, a few of Northampton's shots are completely wild. but that one out for a throw was ridiculous (checked the replay and it was just a standard chance from the edge of the box). 

As I said, it's a small sample thus far, but it feels a bit off to me so far. 

No complaints from me, my last 2 games against tough opposition in Arsenal and Liverpool

v4uHUIo.jpg?1

I still have players hitting shots at the corner flag but i'll just have to live with that.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, matisptfan said:

How can I upload videos of my goals with the new patch? I don't see the button and I am not using a custom skin.

You have to wait until the end of the match, then you can do so there. 

After the winter patch my first day of processing as a new manager takes forever. I don't know if it is one of all my editor files and added leagues that is doing tomething to the game.

Edit: I think I had whatever this user had:

I restarted and now I'm past the first day.

Edited by Viking

1 hour ago, Svenc said:

Shot maps alone don't tell the fully story. I looked at a random Serie A match day no cherry picks, for instance (actual football this). One of the bigger issues was that players would just shoot into the direction they ran without turning goalwards occasionally... that was odd.

Indeed. Everything happens in straight lines in this ME, particularly shots. It makes for a very robotic and immersion breaking experience. A player running diagonally towards goal in the box never seems wrap his foot around the ball and shoot back across the keeper. These goal types are woefully under-represented. 

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

This are the ME changes/improvements:

MATCH
------
- Fixed rare ball physics bug
- Improved individual team talk reactions
- Fixed team talk assistant advice when winning competition
- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black
- Fixed score diverging in online matches
- Additional individual team talk button added to player’s row on team talk table

Sorry, but these are minor changes and they have nothing to do with the issues reported in the bugs section during last months. SI should simply answer the question if there were any meaningful changes in ME (any other than these in the changelist) - long shots, overpowered crosses, overpowered 3-striker formations etc. - all the things, people were complaining about. I really don't know why people like @Neil Brock are coming here, reading all these questions and don't bother to simply end this discussion with short "yes" or "no". I think that leaving customers in confusion and ignoring their doubts is lack of respect. 

Or maybe they're just afraid of saying it out loud: "after so many compaints and reports, we left this pretty poor ME almost untouched"...

On 3/1/2018 at 17:08, Neil Brock said:

Yeah I explained in your post previously why it was specifically bad for Southend but there should be improvements. Ticket prices are only recalculated between seasons, so you'll have to finish your current season to notice any change. 

Ok thanks Neil

Gerade eben schrieb szp:

Sorry, but these are minor changes and they have nothing to do with the issues reported in the bugs section during last months. SI should simply answer the question if there were any meaningful changes in ME (any other than these in the changelist) - long shots, overpowered crosses, overpowered 3-striker formations etc. - all the things, people were complaining about. I really don't know why people like @Neil Brock are coming here, reading all these questions and don't bother to simply end this discussion with short "yes" or "no". I think that leaving customers in confusion and ignoring their doubts is lack of respect. 

Or maybe they're just afraid of saying it out loud: "after so many compaints and reports, we left this pretty poor ME almost untouched"...

If there where other changes to the ME, it would be listed.  Simply as that.

6 hours ago, XaW said:

I'm sorry, but why even answer like this. You got caught so either admit it, or try to hide in shame. If you had a genuine cause for concern I would applaud you, but if you lie about bug reporting...? Why even bother.

The game have certainly progressed and does every year, but if you feel like it doesn't then why don't stick to game you enjoy? You know, have FUN instead of lying and moaning on a forum? Bonkers, some people...

caught? many issues that are mentioned + info provided havent been fixed...... but ok I applaud you! see below, free kicks have been next to non-existent since BETA.

many players don't even bother posting issues and some do

Edited by penza

2 minutes ago, penza said:

caught? many issues that are mentioned + info provided havent been fixed...... but ok I applaud you!

Umm, I'm not quite sure you understand here. He said in his initial post he had posted a bunch of issues and none of them had been fix (paraphrasing), and then another user called him out on it and proved his lies. Then he tries to deny it and deflect.

So, thanks for the applause I guess.

An issue i've been having, only since the new update,  the views on the scouted and player search screen.

Every time I visit the shouting page the default views have been reset and my custom views have disappeared. It's frustrating having to import a view each time I want to look at players, and even more frustrating that I had to recreate the views I made months ago from scratch and from memory.

13 minutes ago, raaatpack said:

An issue i've been having, only since the new update,  the views on the scouted and player search screen.

Every time I visit the shouting page the default views have been reset and my custom views have disappeared. It's frustrating having to import a view each time I want to look at players, and even more frustrating that I had to recreate the views I made months ago from scratch and from memory.

I'm getting this too!

5 minutes ago, Woodg SI said:

He's not 16 at game start so cannot be included

Yep, unless his dad holds up a sign much in the style of a kidnap victim holding up a ransom demand then you're fresh outta luck...

16 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Yep, unless his dad holds up a sign much in the style of a kidnap victim holding up a ransom demand then you're fresh outta luck...

1415733575241_wps_7_image001_png.jpg