Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

8 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

Unreal. This cannot surely be true? If so SI have blatantly mislead us and the J-League will in fact never be fully licensed for FM24. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  
IMG_3410.thumb.jpeg.1351a885567ddc89d3ac0587bf419c49.jpeg

wow. so J-league will never be fully licenced???!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when will the throw ins finally get looked at?? Tired of suffering goals like that on when the opposition team is being dominated and can't even shoot from an open play... been like this since I can remember... Throw ins scare me more than corners...

1 hour ago, Vladson said:

Hm, but nevertheless i should see a screeen with the interemediaries offering their services for a fee as it is pictured in the screen. Didn`t find, ok. But the even don`t try to. It is their job to search for a interested club for a fee.

You only see that screen if the intermediary feels they can find a club for the player. Then it's up to you whether to use them or not. You're not guaranteed to get a list of intermediaries who can help 100% of the time, and that's how it's supposed to work. 

14 hours ago, andu1 said:

Yes it's full detail. Im using full detail on the top leagues ( the one you select in preferences )

I seriously think this is blown out of proportion by 4-4-2

image.thumb.png.921faa663d32f3984a9d58ba894cb0c4.png

It's absolutely blown out of all proportion. 

The game is perfectly playable I'd go as far as to suggest the most enjoyable we've ever had especially the ME with the movement etc being exceptionally good.

And yet reading this feedback you'd genuinely think this game has released in the kind of state where it's impossible to even play it.

Then gamers(TM) wonder why companies don't interact with them or take feedback seriously etc.

Well gestures wildly at this feedback thread as to exactly why.

Not bought this yet as it sounds like there are more genuine immersion/realism-killing bugs than ever; is that about right?

P.S. Not interested in whether they've added a few nice new animations if each team scores 200 goals a season but doesn't make any subs.

Edited by dannysheard

3 hours ago, saihtam said:

I dont want to rile up people and push them doing something they might not feel comfy to do. But I really hope peoples minds are thinking into leave negative feedback on the steam. It is small way to show that all is not okey. You can always update it after fixes are done etc.

The current state we see this game is not acceptable and even steam would refund your game after 50-100h. Seen it with other games if you give them overview of the games current situation.

There is false promises made to the game and there is not much needed to prove it without quality feedback from SI.

1. Most obvious missing feature is promised Japan license. This was big headline feature that was miss-communicated and still yet to be released
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1904540/view/3731851575704889895

2. So this is interesting. Pretty much each year we are promised to get more in depth AI but this time it is big  headline feature. As much this got people hyped, the promises seems lost. The amount of bug reports and feedback we see here shows evidently there does not seem real progress compared to last years. Maybe minimal, but stupid transfers still happen(read lot of money payed for good player to sit on bench and sold later). Youngster not getting any game time. Subs dont make any snse. There is post here where someone showed 1000 year sim to future where new clubs in top flight still had their old stadiums and capacities. How is this progress... There are countless issues and examples in this and bug thread.
This is so core and soul of the game that seeing it failing is hurtful.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1904540/view/7031863664253978822

I have not managed to deep dive hard on other features but they seem to pretty dame and not up front.

I am glad to see that it seems bugs from early access are not just being shut down like they use to after full release and hope they are being worked on.

Absolutely agree. It would be nuts to leave anything but a negative review. Too many companies do this stuff year in year out. 

17 hours ago, diLLa88 said:

Some examples:

• No or hardly any subs being used, which results in easy games midway in the season. Having to face Real Madrid with half of its squad jaded is not really exciting to me.
  • Side-effect of above is that youngster are not getting game time, which results in players not developing. Completely ruins long-term games for me.
  • I just had 22 players in mutiny because they felt that i did not have enough depth in Goalkeeping. Fair enough I thought and signed 3 goalkeepers, only to have 22 players wanting to leave after having broken my promise to strengthen it. I had to actually buy the ingame editor to fix my save game.

They might not be gamebreaking to you, but they are to me.

I remember this being pointed out as one of the things they fixed, making it clear when signings for positions alleviate squad concerns 

I understand the anger over the Japanese licensing issue and support anyone angry over it. However, to be simply pragmatic for a moment, there already is a 'fix' to include the missing 150 players available. It's apparently imperfect in its first guise, but I'm sure by tomorrow or the next day it will be fully usable. The point is, there is a workaround that allows you to create your save. It shouldn't take too much research to track it down. I'm sure you can Sort It Out.

25 minutes ago, ChrisNUFC said:

It’s starting to feel like SI have perfected the art of marketing hype over the last 3 years. Promoting features and changes the community have asked for, yet falling short of actually delivering them. 

Some of these don’t become apparent until several hours in to the game, which makes refunds difficult. 

Nah, it wont be an issue on Steam. The under 2h refund is no question asked. They will refund longer plays also
They gave out refunds to Starfield 50h+ in for people. You just have to write them why you feel the game is incomplete, missing promised stuff. More than sure they will easily give this refund for FM24, just purely J-League missing, but there is so much more to bring out with bugs and under-cooked promised feature.

3 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Nah, it wont be an issue on Steam. The under 2h refund is no question asked. They will refund longer plays also
They gave out refunds to Starfield 50h+ in for people. You just have to write them why you feel the game is incomplete, missing promised stuff. More than sure they will easily give this refund for FM24, just purely J-League missing, but there is so much more to bring out with bugs and under-cooked promised feature.

Yeah. This is true. I have just been issued a refund. 

14 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

The thing is, you focus on the match engine, which is indeed better than it has ever been apart from the high amount of goals scored. It looks and feels much better than anything we have had before.

The majority of the feedback here is however not about the match engine, but about the way AI does transfers, selects its squad and refuses to use its subs and rotation players. In addition to this there are also major problems with interactions. To remind you, these were headline features presented by SI itself and were supposed to be majorly improved compared to previous versions and in some ways it is now worse.

Next to that the licensing issue with Japan is also not related to the match engine, but a highlight feature and important to many users.

Your priorities are different from the ones giving feedback here, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that our complaints aren't warranted.

People saying the amount of goals makes the game unplayable is match engine related.

The Japan licensing issues are disappointing but seem like they are out of SI's hands and due to the notoriously difficult to work with Japanese authorities. Plus FM is entirely moddable so there will be a fix for it by the weekend.

I haven't played far enough to experience the squad issues and yes it's disappointing as someone whose lived in Asia for over a decade I was looking forward to an Asian journeyman career.

The interactions being fixed was also a headline feature with them saying they'd fixed them...and they are if anything worse.

But none of these things are game breaking they are all at best mild annoyances.

But maybe I've just gotten over my SI are useless angst when I stopped reporting bugs about 5 Betas ago because guess what those bugs I reported back then are still in the game...

I've even gone as far as to suggest that FM25 has the potential to be an absolute disaster with the move to a new engine.

Either way I'm loving FM24 even with its many faults.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

People saying the amount of goals makes the game unplayable is match engine related.

The Japan licensing issues are disappointing but seem like they are out of SI's hands and due to the notoriously difficult to work with Japanese authorities. Plus FM is entirely moddable so there will be a fix for it by the weekend.

I haven't played far enough to experience the squad issues and yes it's disappointing as someone whose lived in Asia for over a decade I was looking forward to an Asian journeyman career.

The interactions being fixed was also a headline feature with them saying they'd fixed them...and they are if anything worse.

But none of these things are game breaking they are all at best mild annoyances.

But maybe I've just gotten over my SI are useless angst when I stopped reporting bugs about 5 Betas ago because guess what those bugs I reported back then are still in the game...

I've even gone as far as to suggest that FM25 has the potential to be an absolute disaster with the move to a new engine.

Either way I'm loving FM24 even with its many faults.

I was thinking the same... if FM24 is broken and all they've done is added manager hearing aids and a handful of Japanese players what is the complete rebuild for FM25 going to be like?! :Bowen:

Essentially, it seems the belief that FM players would be such imbeciles, they wouldn't notice the J-League would have licensing issues, and they could just gloss over it without even so much as a single announcement that this would not be the case(FM players must be too busy fawning over the new facepaint to notice).

Despite the fact that this was advertised as a "major feature", which now appears to be blatant misleading and borders on false advertising.

If the licensing hadn't been sorted beforehand, it should not have been announced as a feature.

There seems to be a very real precedent of apathy when it comes to bugfixes and issues, and a consistent pattern of not delivering on the 'features' that are promised. This has been the case over a couple years now. It's incredibly disappointing.

3 minutes ago, renato. said:

And now FM25 will be pretext for doing incomplete stuff in FM24, but I feel like they can be very confusing about the "new" version up as well.

There will be even more issues with 25 due to the new engine, etc. 

36 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

The thing is, you focus on the match engine, which is indeed better than it has ever been apart from the high amount of goals scored. It looks and feels much better than anything we have had before.

The majority of the feedback here is however not about the match engine, but about the way AI does transfers, selects its squad and refuses to use its subs and rotation players. In addition to this there are also major problems with interactions. To remind you, these were headline features presented by SI itself and were supposed to be majorly improved compared to previous versions and in some ways it is now worse.

Your priorities are different from the ones giving feedback here, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that our complaints aren't warranted.

Focused on ME for sure. We get it, and it is miles better than previous years and less robotic. Offense play is way better, but defensive play is still lacking, and even more so since positional play has been upgraded. I don't recall anyone in this thread calling the ME bad. However, people have been pointing out legitimate problems in the match engine. I don't understand the constant defending of something that no one is even complaining about.

1 минуту назад, harrycarrie сказал:

The fact you have to rely on a third party to fix an issue promised to be implemented within the game is the disgrace.  Bethesda do the same. It is false advertising and if near any other company this would be widespread in the news and they'd be held to task.

I buy it every year. I am part of the problem. I promise myself I wont but for me, having played this franchise since CM2, there is nothing else that scratches the itch it does. The series is literally a part of my life now, it's ingrained.

Seeing the state the game has become, especially these days, is brutally sad and depressing. And we constantly  fool ourselves into believing a corporation cares. They don't. If anyone in this thread didn't buy it you're looking at less than 0.1% of the buying population. We don't matter. Record sales every year, that's the bottom line.

Zero competition, zero need to innovate, or change.  Realistically, bar minor changes, we have all essentially been buying, and playing the same game for near ten years. And I blame myself for falling for it over and over again.

I really want to like this post, but I'm running into a daily like limit :lol:

12 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

There will be even more issues with 25 due to the new engine, etc. 

I am more concerned about the expectations of the graphics. I think they set high expectations for graphical improvements by announcing the new engine, Now, if players don't think the graphics are still up to par, this place will be a disaster. People might expect AAA-level graphics, but realistically we would probably get something similar to Soccer Manager, but hopefully, I am wrong.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

7 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I am more concerned about the expectations of the graphics. I think they set a high expectation for graphical improvements by announcing the new engine, Now if players don't think the graphics are still up to par, this place will be a disaster.

And this is the issue. The game is a spreadsheet. It doesn't need fancy graphics or flashing lights. If thats what they think they need to attract people, send them to Fifa.

Just concentrate on getting the spreadsheet and basics right.

Anyway back to feedback. Another season another 489 goals scored compared to average and an xG overperformance of +311 in game and a conversion rate average of 15.7%. Clean sheets? Division 180 below the IRL number. Oh and 5 sides in the top 10 scoring over 105 goals. A team in 13th scoring 98 goals.

Edited by Domoboy23

4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

The fact you have to rely on a third party to fix an issue promised to be implemented within the game is the disgrace.  Bethesda do the same. It is false advertising and if near any other company this would be widespread in the news and they'd be held to task.

I buy it every year. I am part of the problem. I promise myself I wont but for me, having played this franchise since CM2, there is nothing else that scratches the itch it does. The series is literally a part of my life now, it's ingrained.

Seeing the state the game has become, especially these days, is brutally sad and depressing. And we constantly  fool ourselves into believing a corporation cares. They don't. If anyone in this thread didn't buy it you're looking at less than 0.1% of the buying population. We don't matter. Record sales every year, that's the bottom line.

Zero competition, zero need to innovate, or change.  Realistically, bar minor changes, we have all essentially been buying, and playing the same game for near ten years. And I blame myself for falling for it over and over again.

Bug reports - countless, countless issues that have been raised across multiple versions just not fixed. We're all shouting into a void.

You just described almost the entire games industry.

Games still entirely playable when compared to a lot of triple A games.

21 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

I was thinking the same... if FM24 is broken and all they've done is added manager hearing aids and a handful of Japanese players what is the complete rebuild for FM25 going to be like?! :Bowen:

Oh I'm genuinely concerned for FM25.

It's going to be the first FM I don't pre-order/pre-purchase since it came on CDs. 

But I stand by the fact some of the reaction in this thread is hilariously overblown.

28 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yes, but making a clear announcement about said licensing issues instead of advertising a "fully licensed Japanese league" isn't out of their hands, is it?

The rest of it, agreed - the other things will be fixed. However the issue with Japan, and the misleading info given, is really dodgy ground imo. Struggle to see how there hasn't been a bit of purposeful cloak and dagger behaviour.

52 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I understand the anger over the Japanese licensing issue and support anyone angry over it. However, to be simply pragmatic for a moment, there already is a 'fix' to include the missing 150 players available. It's apparently imperfect in its first guise, but I'm sure by tomorrow or the next day it will be fully usable. The point is, there is a workaround that allows you to create your save. It shouldn't take too much research to track it down. I'm sure you can Sort It Out.

Missing the point. This was sold as a "headline feature", and "fully licensed". Not actually true. 

They clearly should have been transparent with this.

Just now, Junkhead said:

Missing the point. This was sold as a "headline feature", and "fully licensed". Not actually true. 

They clearly should have been transparent with this.

Agree, It's an ethics issue. And quite frankly, the J league isn't the only feature that is misleading or not working as advertised. AI Squad building was a headline feature with specific talking points about development, and youth usage. This is not working if AI isn't rotating or subbing players...

11 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

this place will be a disaster

Same as always, then.

This thread is a toddlers' tea party - hysteria, screaming, tantrums.

I'm happy with the game and I've not seen anything that negatively impacts my ability to play or to enjoy it. Sorry if you don't feel the same way.

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Yes, but making a clear announcement about said licensing issues instead of advertising a "fully licensed Japanese league" isn't out of their hands, is it?

The rest of it, agreed - the other things will be fixed. However the issue with Japan, and the misleading info given, is really dodgy ground imo. Struggle to see how there hasn't been a bit of purposeful cloak and dagger behaviour.

It's like what 150 players who are missing?

A few clubs have generic badges and Kits.

The way people are acting you'd think the J-League wasn't even playable.

Agreed it's a bit naughty to suggest the league was fully licensed and not even mention during the beta when people reported these players/badges/kits missing that well actually we don't have THAT licensed and probably never will.

Someone suggesting SI are as bad as EA is laughable.

EA would have made the claim it was a playable fully licensed league kept the J-League back as a loot box exclusive unlock and charged us all £200 extra for it oh and it would still not be fully licensed.

Others are suggesting a review bombing campaign or even refunding the game.

It's absolute peak gamers(TM) bedwetting.

Plus the issue will be entirely fixable with the click of two buttons within days.

5 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

It's like what 150 players who are missing?

A few clubs have generic badges and Kits.

The way people are acting you'd think the J-League wasn't even playable.

Agreed it's a bit naughty to suggest the league was fully licensed and not even mention during the beta when people reported these players/badges/kits missing that well actually we don't have THAT licensed and probably never will.

Someone suggesting SI are as bad as EA is laughable.

EA would have made the claim it was a playable fully licensed league kept the J-League back as a loot box exclusive unlock and charged us all £200 extra for it oh and it would still not be fully licensed.

Others are suggesting a review bombing campaign or even refunding the game.

It's absolute peak gamers(TM) bedwetting.

Plus the issue will be entirely fixable with the click of two buttons within days.

How will it be fixed? Third party?

8 minutes ago, warlock said:

Same as always, then.

I'm happy with the game and I've not seen anything that negatively impacts my ability to play or to enjoy it. Sorry if you don't feel the same way.

Warlock Ive seen and respect your opinion a lot around these forums. But calling us other loyal fans that have been here for decades toddlers for not willing to fall into lies, broken promises, marketing ******** and what not is a joke. 

You are part of the problem, I just have to say it. This is why exactly SI get away with what they do year in year out. People like you who do not understand others opinion and just keep on buying a full priced game with broken features that they promised for. 

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

Same as always, then.

Genuine question, is the amount of goals genuinely not shattering some level of immersion for you?

mkdons1.thumb.PNG.d1723e225ac2fdabc98ba46d3c5ac6cd.PNGmkdons2.thumb.PNG.4b64f953923fe3190446f54d4773fd66.PNGmkdons3.thumb.PNG.40dc0c98f1fe4f16038f06812b324826.PNGme.thumb.PNG.2b790ce41d4a806f5b474652a5aeb975.PNG

This is my MK Dons save. I'm currently breezing through the leagues. Thought I finally cracked FM.... until i realised the game wasn't how it was meant to be playing. I am a human, i already have a great advantage over the CPU... i dont need it not subbing players correctly, stockpiling youth and not using them. Player interactions still a bit of a guessing game (only time i save scum is before convos or contract negotiations). Im still treating this game like BETA, but it would be nice if someone from SI can clarify what exactly is happening with the current issues, as they seem to be simple fixes. If they are not, then please talk to us.