Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

7 minutes ago, D-Foxx said:

How do they brake things that where not broken in the previous edition? We're at the point that bugs are added instead of being solved. Hilarious to be honest.

I gather it happens because we're dealing with years of code bolted onto code, or at least that's what I tell myself. I remember the first time I found this forum and thinking to myself, this is great, people reporting bugs the game will just get more and more polished......alas, very naïve of me. I remain hopeful that a move to Unity and a fresh start improves this process because nothing is more tiresome than seeing a previously fixed issue resurface. 

Edited by janrzm

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

@Novem9 21 Matches into the season in Spain:

Screenshot2023-11-06194449.thumb.png.aad3a40007d0b61c6f837c42e111e9e8.png

It's fine.

I mean... those numbers even just going up to 10th dictate a GPG of 3.73. Which is very high when last season in La Liga in 2.5GPG., although I'd anticipate the ones we can't see to lower that. But I'd imagine not by much

Just now, RodoDS said:

I thought this was a *feedback* thread? What's wrong with voicing our discomfort with the unresolved problems of the game?

There's a big difference between constructive feedback on things you don't like and abuse/throwing your dummy out. Unfortunately people tend to veer too far towards the latter. 

23 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I mean... those numbers even just going up to 10th dictate a GPG of 3.73. Which is very high when last season in La Liga in 2.5GPG., although I'd anticipate the ones we can't see to lower that. But I'd imagine not by much

I’m in my 2nd season in Spain and Real Madrid are +23 goal difference after 5 games 😂😂😂😂 lukaku 10 in 5

30 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Looks much closer to 2.5

Screenshot 2023-11-06 203248.png

Edited by chewbaccaloveaddiction

3 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

20 Determination Model Citizen welcoming a 13 determination resolute youngster to the club.

A month later (holidayed as a test), youngster has 20 Determination and is a Model Citizen. Have they fixed anything?

Sounds like nothing has changed!

6 minutes ago, JOHNSONFC said:

I’m in my 2nd season in Spain and Real Madrid are +23 goal difference after 5 games 😂😂😂😂 lukaku 10 in 5

They virtually done this in the 87/88 season in real life.

23 goals scored and 1 conceded. Hugo Sanchez with 6 goals in that time.

19 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

There's a big difference between constructive feedback on things you don't like and abuse/throwing your dummy out. Unfortunately people tend to veer too far towards the latter. 

These threads generally just become "i dont like this, its broken and a bug", or "this hasnt happened in real life so cant happen in a video game", and any genuine feedback just gets swallowed up by it.

Do mods actually read these threads or is it just trying to keep all the ranters in one place and away from the actual bugs section?

9 minutes ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

Looks much closer to 2.5

Screenshot 2023-11-06 203248.png

Please confirm you're managing Elche/or the league is in full detail. I haven't had a single full detail sim under 1349 total goals in a season yet. Which is an GPG of 2.91.  I note this is La Liga 2 where the average GPG for the last 3 years has been: 2.l02, 2.42, 2.05.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

These threads generally just become "i dont like this, its broken and a bug", or "this hasnt happened in real life so cant happen in a video game", and any genuine feedback just gets swallowed up by it.

Do mods actually read these threads or is it just trying to keep all the ranters in one place and away from the actual bugs section?

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Bingo!

We do try and read it. Which is why we're very much not interested in ranters. As SI have to wade through it to read the useful constructive critical feedback. We'd rather not boot people but we absolutely will

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They virtually done this in the 87/88 season in real life.

23 goals scored and 1 conceded. Hugo Sanchez with 6 goals in that time.

It makes the game unplayable though. There’s no way to compete with that and as soon as I lose a game my season is over. Nobody has walked the Spanish league for years as far as I can remember. And real just aren’t that good 

Kinda weird transfer windows from Chelsea. 

34 year old Darmian

32 year old Taremi

34 year old Mkhitaryan

36 year old Sommer

172024.jpeg.1f741d6864af214b01dc3c6eaba60da2.jpeg

I see other teams like man u as well seems to be pretty obsessed with older players as well. Like they spend high amounts for 29 year olds plus. The odd older player i can buy, but seems like too many from what I have seen, by certain teams. 

Defo poor buys from the AI which weakens their teams too much the deeper you go into the game. 

On the plus side I have seen man city mostly buying young talents. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's definitely an upside at times :lol: We do read the threads though and step in where needed if people overstep the mark to try and keep the thread useful for SI. 

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

That's definitely an upside at times :lol: We do read the threads though and step in where needed if people overstep the mark to try and keep the thread useful for SI. 

It would be good if there is more open communication from SI part though. A simple confirmation of "no bug related changes have occurred" would stop many people asking the same question!

Just now, dunk105 said:

Lots of annoying offsides from short corners. Taker to edge of box, pass back to taker who is offside.

Still really enjoying it though.

Add a "Come Short" instruction to a player, it should cut down the number of times this happens. Is a known issue though. 

is there licensing issues with japan still?no juan mata in  game checked with editor as well. some one did report it in early access or we waiting for a update to fix this like many other things ?Juan Mata and Balint Vecsei are missing from Vissel Kobe - Japan Data Issues - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

2 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Well, as the complaints of mine have already been recorded in the bug section with plenty of examples in the past few weeks I can only resort back to ranting here.

Then you can leave SI to work through then. You dont need to rant in there, and i suggest you dont, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Frederico EJ said:

Started new game after release...

1st opening game - Alisson breaks his arm

2nd game of the season - Adrian breaks his wrist

Surely they would have fixed the GK injury issue as it was reported weeks ago...?

image.png.7551fe631a43d9b1a9ec1a94c712d483.png

This would be really annoying but as they have added the ability of goalkeepers actually getting regular injuries, bad luck will always play a part, really unfortunate for you but this is not the norm all the time.

Just now, Mush1983 said:

is there licensing issues with japan still?no juan mata in  game checked with editor as well. some one did report it in early access or we waiting for a update to fix this like many other things ?Juan Mata and Balint Vecsei are missing from Vissel Kobe - Japan Data Issues - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

There are still some ongoing licensing issues, yes. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Teal said:

That was 35 years ago.

And? Its happened in real life so its clearly not a bug?

Freak things happen in football all the time. About 15 years ago Hearts started a season winning all of their first 8 games, scoring 21 goals in that time, and then went on to have a record of 2 losses in their first 20. That would be flagged up on here from human managers if the AI done it i reckon, as would them then randomly sacking the manager during that run.

2 minutes ago, JOHNSONFC said:

It makes the game unplayable though. There’s no way to compete with that and as soon as I lose a game my season is over. 

Thats football. Liverpool only lost 1 league game in 18/19 and still didnt win the league. Theres been 13 seasons where a La Liga side has lost less than 3 games over a season in the past 30 years. Its not uncommon for teams to run through the division, particularly Barcelona and Real Madrid.

3 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

This would be really annoying but as they have added the ability of goalkeepers actually getting regular injuries, bad luck will always play a part, really unfortunate for you but this is not the norm all the time.

3 days later in game...

Another GK injury

image.png.a8e1760595c8340c686e05c4b93c2ddd.png

18 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Kinda weird transfer windows from Chelsea. 

34 year old Darmian

32 year old Taremi

34 year old Mkhitaryan

36 year old Sommer

172024.jpeg.1f741d6864af214b01dc3c6eaba60da2.jpeg

I see other teams like man u as well seems to be pretty obsessed with older players as well. Like they spend high amounts for 29 year olds plus. The odd older player i can buy, but seems like too many from what I have seen, by certain teams. 

Defo poor buys from the AI which weakens their teams too much the deeper you go into the game. 

On the plus side I have seen man city mostly buying young talents. 

Could this be a data issue if it is an intent e.g. should boards set or have expectations of investing in young talent. Could be worth a restart and soak with this set to see if it makes any difference. Ferguson / Man U seemed to do this in the past with amazing youth talent they brought through the ranks in the past

1 hour ago, diLLa88 said:

Some examples:

• No or hardly any subs being used, which results in easy games midway in the season. Having to face Real Madrid with half of its squad jaded is not really exciting to me.
  • Side-effect of above is that youngster are not getting game time, which results in players not developing. Completely ruins long-term games for me.
  • I just had 22 players in mutiny because they felt that i did not have enough depth in Goalkeeping. Fair enough I thought and signed 3 goalkeepers, only to have 22 players wanting to leave after having broken my promise to strengthen it. I had to actually buy the ingame editor to fix my save game.

They might not be gamebreaking to you, but they are to me.

Yep. Agree. Game breaking. 1 is game breaking in the short term. 2 breaks the long term. 3 is bad. If the top 2 didn’t exist, I’d put up with the bottom one for a while. The top two destroy the game though. It’s a simulation. If you’re going to make a fancy spreadsheet, it better be a good spreadsheet. Otherwise you’ve got a ****** game of excel. 

PS I love FM. But I’ve been waiting years for the long term stuff to be fixed. And it resulted in me not buying the game last year. 

Is 24.1 the newest update from the full release today?

I've been playing the beta and I'm going to start my proper long save. But I didn't see the game updating and I only have the option to choose 'football manager 24' as the database.

The game shows 24.1 as the current database.

16993013702688083805367321588433.jpg

16993014020374547190321915550062.jpg

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And? Its happened in real life so its clearly not a bug?

Freak things happen in football all the time. About 15 years ago Hearts started a season winning all of their first 8 games, scoring 21 goals in that time, and then went on to have a record of 2 losses in their first 20. That would be flagged up on here from human managers if the AI done it i reckon, as would them then randomly sacking the manager during that run.

Thats football. Liverpool only lost 1 league game in 18/19 and still didnt win the league. Theres been 13 seasons where a La Liga side has lost less than 3 games over a season in the past 30 years. Its not uncommon for teams to run through the division, particularly Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Last 10 seasons nobody’s won more than 30 games so It is highly uncommon in recent years which I assume the scouting and rating is based on. Certainly neither Barca or real win every game by 5 goals even if they do go on long winning runs. The goals are an issue in the game. Just because it happened once 35 years ago doesn’t excuse it. It won’t be a freak thing either will it, real won’t just go back to proper results next season, I’ve seen it in other saves you basically need 95+ points to even sniff the title 

I've tried looking at where to log as a bug, but I cannot actually find where to start a new topic... but an issue I've reported for FM23 as well, when I put in real fixtures the start date disappears and I cannot actually start the game with real fixtures. It is a real disappointment that this hasn't been fixed in over 12 months, as a hangover issue from FM23. It's a big touch of the realism thing for me, so a real shame.