Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Lewis Hall still unable to play for Newcastle on real world save if Chelsea use him before he joins on loan. Due to him then having a permanent transfer arranged the game reads it as him potentially playing for 3 teams despite the loan and transfer both being Newcastle. Shame as it rules out that option of gameplay if you wish to be Newcastle, A year of no development

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the game so far, Though. 
With the update from early access to the full version of the game being released. 

Do I have to do a new save? or can I continue the save I currently have?

I want to know if updates will apply to the current save I've been playing since early access started and future updates as well

Why there is a big different player count database between game modes? Like, original 29k players count but real world and your world there are 64k ones. And game speed estimated drops so much as well.

Edited by marionk

8 minutes ago, XRykuri said:

Love the game so far, Though. 
With the update from early access to the full version of the game being released. 

Do I have to do a new save? or can I continue the save I currently have?

I want to know if updates will apply to the current save I've been playing since early access started and future updates as well

Can continue unless you're managing in one of the rare nations where major fixes have been enacted.

21 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Whilst I can understand that you are trying to have a laugh out of this, but posting this doesn't really help. 

No, probably not. But seeing as this is a feedback thread, and so far, it's been nothing but questions (which a specific thread has been linked to in the very first post and, by and far, ignored) then fairs fair. I'll leave it there, as requested by @metal_guitarist

Edited by KillYourIdols

I started at Spurs, there are still old issues to resolve, like the squad saying they have a lack of depth in defense, when you have 4 natural defenders.

I use a 4-2-3-1. I don´t understand

Shouldn't Tonali be suspended?

Spurs.jpg

Edited by lightworker

5 minutes ago, lightworker said:

I started at Spurs, there are still old issues to resolve, like the squad saying they have a lack of depth in defense, when you have 4 natural defenders.

Shouldn't Tonali be suspended?

Not sure if Tonali's ban made data lock as it was very recent. If it did then it may not kick in until you reach that date in-game. 

33 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

I've crossed off 6 of my "FM release day questions" Bingo card. If anyone wants to ask if you need to start a new game, that would help tremendously. Thank you.

You missed it: 

58 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Do I need to restart my save or can I continue?

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Staff roles have set piece coach added, but there's nothing for set piece attribute.

a.png

b.png

Are you looking at the right tab there? I don't see any coaching attributes on that tab you've shown.

2 минуты назад, D-Foxx сказал:

Five minutes into a new save on the full release. For the love of god, please SI - fix this bug asap. The constant unrealistic whining is an absolute game breaker for me.

image.png.a2d94b2e20ca9a291d3470bbd2a8dc29.png

Again, do players have IRL influence for such grievances about anything?

In recent years, we have become accustomed to players' agents behaving provocatively, but the collective "advice" on management and salaries seems ridiculous

Is the mad behaviour of the players and squad depth somewhat tied to the questionable squad building that the AI uses as well? for instance do we know if the AI managers have to put up with similar revolts behind the scenes?

I can understand how that may result in a lot of the problems where we see a "high-reputation" player signed for a lot of money but getting limited game time. The 4 CB's would be a good example of this if the AI then combats this by adding a 5th player with the reputation to quell the outburst from the squad, but as a likely 5th choice for 2 positions then it just looks nonsensical to anyone with logic because it shouldn't be a priority position. Extend this to all positions in the squad and it would explain the stockpiling and limited development for younger players because it feels like the only way to shut this kind of thing down is to keep signing players who won't get to play and aren't really needed?

11 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Had to use the pre- game editor to make Ancelotti use the current real life tactics... In-game he is set with 4-3-3 :onmehead:

image.thumb.png.d39b1b752d9969de2df909e7326f3e10.png

Is that how RM line up defensively? I haven’t watched them at all this season, but would’ve assumed they defended with Vini and Rodry defending wider zones. And attacking central spaces with the team are on the ball. 

15 minutes ago, D-Foxx said:

Five minutes into a new save on the full release. For the love of god, please SI - fix this bug asap. The constant unrealistic whining is an absolute game breaker for me.

I am not really sure what to think anymore.

I didn't buy FM 2022 and FM 2023 because of the lack of improvements and now I  can't buy FM 2024 because I see many people here complaining about this game-breaking issue. I am also probably not the only one, so this is really bad. I hope they will fix this because I want to buy FM 24 because it is the last of its kind; but all the key issues must be resolved. This one especially, I don't want to play babysitter simulator.

Edited by Marko1989

1 минуту назад, kiingallen сказал:

You do have counter press selected in your transition tactics

Well, in FM22, 21 and earlier, this did not prevent the tactics from being vertical tiki-taka, tiki-taka or something else. Counterpressing had quite logical requirements

6 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

Is that how RM line up defensively? I haven’t watched them at all this season, but would’ve assumed they defended with Vini and Rodry defending wider zones. And attacking central spaces with the team are on the ball. 

It isn't how they defend. You described correctly how they shape up in real life. 
He fixed how they attack but ignored how they defend. It's fine because even the default tactic in FM24 doesn't capture how they defend and attack 

Just now, XRykuri said:

It isn't how they defend. You described correctly how they shape up in real life. 
He fixed how they attack but ignored how they defend. It's fine because even the default tactic in FM24 doesn't capture how they defend and attack 

They have been using a 4-3-1-2 since the beginning of the season.. of course Vinicius is position IRL more of a winger then a striker but that position is unavailable in this game

2 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

I didn't buy FM 2022 and FM 2023 because of the lack of improvements and now I  can't buy FM 2024 because I see many people here complaining about this game-breaking issue. I am also probably not the only one, so this is really bad. I hope they will fix this because I want to buy FM 24 because it is the last of its kind; but all the key issues must be resolved. This one especially, I don't want to play babysitter simulator.

You're overreacting. None of these issues are game-breaking. 

2 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

I didn't buy FM 2022 and FM 2023 because of the lack of improvements and now I don't want to buy FM 2024 because I see many people here complaining about this game-breaking issue. I am also probably not the only one, so this is really bad. I hope they will fix this because I want to buy FM 24 because it is the last of its kind; but all the key issues must be resolved. This one especially, I don't want to play babysitter simulator.

How is it game breaking? He's a new manager at a new club and has sold someone who the squad think shouldn't be sold. This has happened to anyone who plays FM and you just deal with any potential fall out by managing the situation and winning games. Morale and confidence returns quickly enough.

2 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Well, in FM22, 21 and earlier, this did not prevent the tactics from being vertical tiki-taka, tiki-taka or something else. Counterpressing had quite logical requirements

Why do you care so much about what the game calls your tactic? They can't read your mind and don't know what you're trying to create 

10 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

I run a small test.. they doing just fine with 4-1-2-1-2 so far.

image.thumb.png.84821c706f0336c51aa8c7a75b772f87.png

20 minutes ago, D-Foxx said:

Would use the in-game editor to remove that issue myself. 

5 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

You started the save as a  low reputation coach probably, so its not that bad getting questioned by players , stop overeacting.

2 минуты назад, DarJ сказал:

Why do you care so much about what the game calls your tactic? They can't read your mind and don't know what you're trying to create 

This is a marker of what ME is. And I see what makes ME consider everything as counterpressing.

I just said that in previous FMs “my mind was read” in the vast majority of cases

3 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

How is it game breaking? He's a new manager at a new club and has sold someone who the squad think shouldn't be sold. This has happened to anyone who plays FM and you just deal with any potential fall out by managing the situation and winning games. Morale and confidence returns quickly enough.

seems some want everything to pan out how they wish, just steamrolling without pressure whn in real sense management is hell

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

This is a marker of what ME is. And I see what makes ME consider everything as counterpressing.

I just said that in previous FMs “my mind was read” in the vast majority of cases

What's the complaint on the tactic screen sorry?