Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Football Manager 2024 is OUT NOW!

We are absolutely delighted to push the button and drop another edition in the Football Manager series, which we believe to be the most complete FM to date. 
FM24 is filled with new additions that deepen the immersion and elevate your gameplay experience with upgrades to set pieces, intermediaries, squad building, Matchday and much more. Start a new story or continue your existing career from FM23 - the choice is yours.

Please use this thread to post any feedback you have after spending some time on the game. Whether it’s singing our praises or providing constructive feedback – we want to hear from you. While Staff and Moderators may not respond to every comment, be rest assured that we monitor the thread and will report back to the studio on trends or themes we notice.

As mentioned above, the Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game. Please be mindful to provide as much information as possible with your bug report. If it’s gameplay related, we’ll almost always need a save file.

It’s worth pointing out that we have upcoming updates planned in the near future which will address many of the issues raised so far. Stay tuned and expect to hear more from us on those very soon.

For any technical troubleshooting, for example crashes or being unable to launch, read our Technical Support page which is filled with lots of info that should get you up and running. If you still need further assistance, we would encourage you to raise a support ticket where our dedicated support team will be on hand to help.

As a rule of thumb, please try and adhere to the following points before posting:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Continue to help us by ensuring that any issues you may encounter are reported accurately with screenshots or save files (where possible). If you tell us that 95% of AI goals come from set pieces, or that you’ve had 200 injuries over the course of a season, we will want to be able to report this back to the team with clear proof. Please avoid exaggerating any issues to get your point across.
  • Respect other opinions, period. 
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.
  • We have a large community and equally large forum – you can find any tactical conversation here, feature requests here, and general discussion here.

Now go out, enjoy yourself, and play the game your way!

The agreed playing times of Everton players are frankly ridiculous. One centre-back is a star player and three are regular starters. Michael Keane has started 2 league games and Godfrey hasn't started a single game, they clearly shouldn't be regular starters. Two full-backs are star players, one is an important player and one a regular starter. How on earth are you supposed to manage these playing time expectations when all eight senior defenders are at least regular starters and three of them are star players? It doesn't represent the situation in reality.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant complain of high scoring games in La Liga because until 4 or 5 years ago Real and Barca were scoring 100+ per season.

Remeber the time when real won it with an 121 goal scoring record...

The quality of attacking players has gone down recently thats why the score fewer goals than before

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I cant complain of high scoring games in La Liga because until 4 or 5 years ago Real and Barca were scoring 100+ per season.

Remeber the time when real won it with an 121 goal scoring record...

The quality of attacking players has gone down recently thats why the score fewer goals than before

I think it's more the fact teams in 7th, 8th, 13th, 15th are all getting figures between 70 - 90 also...

7 minutes ago, llama3 said:

I've tried looking at where to log as a bug, but I cannot actually find where to start a new topic... but an issue I've reported for FM23 as well, when I put in real fixtures the start date disappears and I cannot actually start the game with real fixtures. It is a real disappointment that this hasn't been fixed in over 12 months, as a hangover issue from FM23. It's a big touch of the realism thing for me, so a real shame.

Pre-Game Editor - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com) id report it here...personally i have add no problems adding real fixtures in fm23 but i do create them using advanced rules. I have not checked fm24 yet 

2 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

I am not really sure what to think anymore.

I didn't buy FM 2022 and FM 2023 because of the lack of improvements and now I  can't buy FM 2024 because I see many people here complaining about this game-breaking issue. I am also probably not the only one, so this is really bad. I hope they will fix this because I want to buy FM 24 because it is the last of its kind; but all the key issues must be resolved. This one especially, I don't want to play babysitter simulator.

Just ignore the unhappy players, 5 games later they realise you were right. It's not a key issue 

I have just played my first game after the full version and it's first 0-0 game of the season and lost 2 players during the game due to injury which i can't really complain because I've been finding amount of injuries quite low for last few versions of FM. I can clearly say that there are ME changes even though i can't confirm what they are but it just feels different (Much easier to feel it as i'm using only 2D)

Emi Martinez had 8.2 ratings and MOM,  Villa used all available substitutes

image.png.bebdd1ca708ed23337af7c8ac922d226.png

image.png.577ad51c54142a668163955fb6f3aecb.png

10 minuti fa, Carninho ha scritto:

1 more game on and 

image.thumb.png.7f9110374d32e7584800d9d06f2c53e9.png

In fact, me too. I did 2 friendlies (one of which was the internal one) and I had practically all the attackers (immobile, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni, Luis Alberto and Isaksen) injured with recovery periods ranging from 2 months until the week. It seems to me a little exaggerated.

8 minutes ago, balthaci said:

I have just played my first game after the full version and it's first 0-0 game of the season and lost 2 players during the game due to injury which i can't really complain because I've been finding amount of injuries quite low for last few versions of FM. I can clearly say that there are ME changes even though i can't confirm what they are but it just feels different (Much easier to feel it as i'm using only 2D)

Emi Martinez had 8.2 ratings and MOM,  Villa used all available substitutes

image.png.bebdd1ca708ed23337af7c8ac922d226.png

image.png.577ad51c54142a668163955fb6f3aecb.png

How did you get left side bar to display team colours? Thanks

28 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

4 seasons in, my feedback for issues to be looked at is:

Too many injuries

Too many goals

Squad happiness not working properly

Too many injuries is only an issue if every other team in your league is also suffering from a higher number too. If it's only your team, then it's either your fault, or bad luck. It's that simple. 

And by the way, I've heard nothing from SI to suggest they've bumped up injury levels to real life figures which I wish they would do, because if anything, it's way too low. 

17 minutes ago, craiigman said:

there's also no player faces..

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/jleague-make-debut-football-manager-2024

This is more than disappointing, it's simply false advertising. 

edit: some teams have fake badges but real kits as well or vice versa

wonder if there will be any communication regarding when it will be sorted. 

This says it all about the state of the "new features". 1 step forward (position play), 2 steps backwards (AI rotation/development and player interactions). Not to mention stupid bugs like pre-match and half time team talk effect resetting when the match (re)starts!

1 minute ago, craiigman said:

image.png.c0e6141fd3a9ef86c143e7640b580e3c.png

Wait i thought the J league was a new feature being added and licensed, now the head of Si is saying ' data will be added when the league approve it' am i missing something here lol, also wouldn't pictures and badges be easy to get, its not exactly top secret and nobody has never seen them.

1 minute ago, bintang said:

Genuinely interested if other people are finding the game playable with the current match engine. I found the constant 6 or 7 goal scorelines completely immersion breaking. The weird freak outs players have with interactions also kill the game. It's absolutely fine with a beta/early access game, but in a game with an annual release, releasing in this state is disappointing. 

I can accept it in a game with a 5-10 year cycle where things start rough and are the iterated on.  Someone earlier mentioned cities skyline being in a worse state but you know that game will be supported for years. With a yearly release on FM though we're paying full price for a game that has a 12 month life span, and now I'm expected to wait a couple of those months to be able to actually play it and for various new systems to work as advertised.

For me SI either need to have a longer BETA process (even if it's closed) to iron out kinks for a more functional release, or move more to a model of buying the game once and then paying for modular content like database, match engines, transfer system and training updates.

Obviously the current system is probably working for SI financially and that's up to them, but I for one will be voting with my wallet next year if it's the same format of over promising on new features, then delivering a game in this state.

Yeah the state of this year's release is appalling. Personally I requested a refund. Maybe if enough people do they will wake up.

17 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Too many injuries is only an issue if every other team in your league is also suffering from a higher number too. If it's only your team, then it's either your fault, or bad luck. It's that simple. 

And by the way, I've heard nothing from SI to suggest they've bumped up injury levels to real life figures which I wish they would do, because if anything, it's way too low. 

I know that SI used less % of injuries than real life, but this year I'm not sure what's happening because when I have an injured player often the other players for the same position also get injured. So it's not just a frequency issue but perhaps every player on the same position issue. I don't know more details though.

9 minutes ago, bintang said:

Genuinely interested if other people are finding the game playable with the current match engine. I found the constant 6 or 7 goal scorelines completely immersion breaking. The weird freak outs players have with interactions also kill the game. It's absolutely fine with a beta/early access game, but in a game with an annual release, releasing in this state is disappointing. 

I can accept it in a game with a 5-10 year cycle where things start rough and are the iterated on.  Someone earlier mentioned cities skyline being in a worse state but you know that game will be supported for years. With a yearly release on FM though we're paying full price for a game that has a 12 month life span, and now I'm expected to wait a couple of those months to be able to actually play it and for various new systems to work as advertised.

For me SI either need to have a longer BETA process (even if it's closed) to iron out kinks for a more functional release, or move more to a model of buying the game once and then paying for modular content like database, match engines, transfer system and training updates.

Obviously the current system is probably working for SI financially and that's up to them, but I for one will be voting with my wallet next year if it's the same format of over promising on new features, then delivering a game in this state.

Yep. No way I can play with the way score lines and 16% conversion rates are at the moment, or have been all beta.

Edited by Domoboy23

5 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

What is this "AI not using subs" thing? 

Am I missing something? The AI is always subbing players in my save.

It often doesn't happen and when it does happen it's pretty much at the end of the game. Stuff like this doesn't really count:

b37d4cdcbefb077ac95ac37e108db481.png

I'm weighing up whether to buy the game and reading through the comments, I think I can make do with all of the issues apart from two..

Can people please confirm whether there are still too many goals being scored? And whether AI is still not using subs?

12 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

I sometimes use quick result (yes I know not an official skin etc) and in previous versions subs were made often. In this games will constantly be played with no subs from my assistant, players beyond knackered, knocks picked up. To the point I don't use it for 'nothing' games now. Happens with AI managers too.

Edited by harrycarrie

16 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

It's a widely reported issue and its an issue SI have acknowledged. Its things like In certain games when they are losing they won't make subs. Its an issue which is perhaps more common in certain leagues and comps. 

I have seen them use all subs in certain games, but in others there are games when they make the weird choice not to use any or enough. 

Edited by Zapoleon

Meanwhile im enjoying my fm 23 imported save.. I noticed that teams playing 4-4-2 concede more than other teams... Other than that can't say the other teams are overscoring... The teams that are playing 4-4-2 conceded the most goals, Leeds and Sunderland... The other seem fine though

This is the premier league table..

image.thumb.png.810893a2117baf3a00d1a894a5bb27ad.png

It's more like they've realized it isn't a 2 week fix so they didn't aim for 2 weeks. They'll patch together as much as they can over the next x amout of weeks and months.

Doesn't give me much hope for other improvements they've promised. Like AI squad building. And even less for the porting over to Unity. 

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Meanwhile im enjoying my fm 23 imported save.. I noticed that teams playing 4-4-2 concede more than other teams... Other than that can't say the other teams are overscoring... The teams that are playing 4-4-2 conceded the most goals, Leeds and Sunderland... The other seem fine though

This is the premier league table..

image.thumb.png.810893a2117baf3a00d1a894a5bb27ad.png

Is that league in Full detail? That is where the problem is coming from. It doesn't seem like you are managing in this league.

1 hour ago, Carninho said:

1 more game on and 

image.thumb.png.7f9110374d32e7584800d9d06f2c53e9.png

I'm just going to keep adding these. its like playing that FM version from 16 or 17 years ago when it was released with a massing injury issue 

following my latest game this comes up

image.thumb.png.7a3c37275ae51b314eb5a1e6a84e5ef8.png

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

Is that league in Full detail? That is where the problem is coming from. It doesn't seem like you are managing in this league.

Yes it's full detail. Im using full detail on the top leagues ( the one you select in preferences )

I seriously think this is blown out of proportion by 4-4-2

image.thumb.png.921faa663d32f3984a9d58ba894cb0c4.png

2 horas atrás, diLLa88 disse:

Alguns exemplos:

• Nenhum ou quase nenhum subs sendo usado, o que resulta em jogos fáceis no meio da temporada. Ter que enfrentar o Real Madrid com metade de seu elenco cansado não é realmente empolgante para mim.
  • O efeito colateral acima é que os jovens não estão conseguindo tempo de jogo, o que resulta em jogadores não se desenvolvendo. Arruína completamente os jogos de longo prazo para mim.
  • Eu só tive 22 jogadores em motim porque eles sentiram que eu não tinha profundidade suficiente no gol. Justo que eu pensei e contratei 3 goleiros, apenas para ter 22 jogadores querendo sair depois de ter quebrado minha promessa de fortalecê-lo. Eu tive que realmente comprar o editor ingame para corrigir o meu jogo salvo.

Eles podem não estar quebrando o jogo para você, mas são para mim.

COMO VOCÊ CONSERTOU ISSO? MUDOU AS CARACTERÍSTICAS DOS TREINADORES?

vor 24 Minuten schrieb kingjericho:

I know that SI used less % of injuries than real life, but this year I'm not sure what's happening because when I have an injured player often the other players for the same position also get injured. So it's not just a frequency issue but perhaps every player on the same position issue. I don't know more details though.

That happens to me for quite a few FM Versions that it sometimes seems inflicted injuries are not playerbound but positionbound...

1 hour ago, balthaci said:

I can clearly say that there are ME changes even though i can't confirm what they are but it just feels different (Much easier to feel it as i'm using only 2D)

There hasn't been, it's the exact same version of the match engine. 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

It's more like they've realized it isn't a 2 week fix so they didn't aim for 2 weeks. They'll patch together as much as they can over the next x amout of weeks and months.

Doesn't give me much hope for other improvements they've promised. Like AI squad building. And even less for the porting over to Unity. 

Makes me wonder if the beta team focuses only on the match engine. This issue was literally the first thing I noticed, and I was able to diagnose that it happened more frequently in leagues running full detail. 

4 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yes it's full detail. Im using full detail on the top leagues ( the one you select in preferences )

I seriously think this is blown out of proportion by 4-4-2

image.thumb.png.921faa663d32f3984a9d58ba894cb0c4.png

4-4-2 flat is definitely exposed but I am seeing high scoring games and I don't run into much 4-4-2 nor do I use that tactic. So it can be a combination of many factors.

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Makes me wonder if the beta team focuses only on the match engine. This issue was literally the first thing I noticed, and I was able to diagnose that it happened more frequently in leagues running full detail. 

All of the teams will be working on their individual bits, I'm sure.

I think Football Manager over recent years has just been a case of technical debt getting more and more out of hand. 

Hopefully this switch to Unity is a chance to rebuild the most broken parts of the foundations. I'm not sure it will though but we can hope.

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

All of the teams will be working on their individual bits, I'm sure.

I think Football Manager over recent years has just been a case of technical debt getting more and more out of hand. 

Hopefully this switch to Unity is a chance to rebuild the most broken parts of the foundations. I'm not sure it will though but we can hope.

But isnt Unity only for the match engine? I see the issue is more to do with outside of the match engine. I suspect the processing time improving was that turned off a few old bits of code that was hogging it, but whatever that was doing, in a way broke the AI 'common sense'. Hopefully its just something 'simple' they havent spotted yet. Been dying to play the full release for past 2 weeks. Was wondering why my MK Dons team won 2 straight titles and now sit top of the Championship, then checked the subs the AI was making was, very late in-game. Also noticed Man City  basically have the same team after 3 seasons, but Doku has only played 10 games!!

30 minutes ago, Carninho said:

I'm just going to keep adding these. its like playing that FM version from 16 or 17 years ago when it was released with a massing injury issue 

following my latest game this comes up

image.thumb.png.7a3c37275ae51b314eb5a1e6a84e5ef8.png

made it though the next match OK, but not for long

image.thumb.png.89fd07329cc28406f2be4c9ab117fe4b.png