Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Really struggling to see any difference between 24 and 23, and probably 22, bar the ME. Not sure a single promised feature has appeared bar the set play editor.

Me too. I honestly can't tell the difference from FM23 and 24 bar the match engine. Everything else seems almost identical. The same issues persist as last couple of years: 

• Poor squad building
  • Silly tactical advice from staff
  • No subs from AI teams
  • Not utilizing screen space in menus
  • No new stuff that changes the way I play the game
  • Empty rooms for press meetings (why is that even a thing, put some people in there for gods sake!)

I mean, just look at the left side panel. At least four of the items there should not be there: 'Club Info', 'Club Vision' and 'Finance' should be one menu item. 'Dynamics'... Who clicks on it more than once or twice during a session? Same with 'competitions'. 'Medical Center' having no less than five nested menus? Why?

Why does 'club info' have a 'news' tab? And why doesn't the 1st screen you see when you click club info contain menus in the bottom of the screen that doesn't fit and have to have scrollers? It was the same last year and my monitor is as standard as it gets (1920x1080).

And why can't I get to my desktop when playing the game on full screen. Every other full screen game have the ability to minimize when you click on the game icon while running, not this one.

It all seems so... last decade when it comes to UI and I can't understand why they won't hire someone to change it after all these years of development.

Take the injury update as an example; Lots of text when all we need is a simple list with player names, length and type of injury and a expected return date: "Here's a list of injuries" [shows list of injuries]. That's it.

Then you have the inbox system with long cumbersome text messages, one after another... Many of these should be nothing more than simple visualizations, not text walls. When you play this game for hours and you keep seeing the same messages over and over again it becomes just a click fest to get through the inbox.

News item of weekly staff meetings? Look at that mess with text on top, a weird box with staff attendance on the left (why even have that?), then a menu you have to scroll to see in its entirety, with drop down menus to boot! Messy is the word of the day.

Same with most tactical advice you get in your inbox.

They've had a year and almost nothing have been done to the UI in this game. The 'training' screen is still a mess with lots of menu items that are not needed, sub menus that could be so more better streamlined.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Interestingly, looks like this detailed feature section I posted above regarding Japan being “fully” licensed has now been removed from the website overnight, and replaced with a site wide banner instead stating “J-League makes long-awaited debut”.

Feels very underhand, just be honest and communicate as this was pushed out as a “feature”.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/jleague-make-debut-football-manager-2024

Blog post is still there, but they must have made it harder to find. There should at least be some form of communication about this by now. Even something like "due to unforseen circumstances" without blaming anyone would at least be better than radio silence or random tweets and forum posts.

edit: can still access that blog post from here: https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2024

Edited by craiigman

13 小时前, diLLa88说:

Some examples:

• No or hardly any subs being used, which results in easy games midway in the season. Having to face Real Madrid with half of its squad jaded is not really exciting to me.
  • Side-effect of above is that youngster are not getting game time, which results in players not developing. Completely ruins long-term games for me.
  • I just had 22 players in mutiny because they felt that i did not have enough depth in Goalkeeping. Fair enough I thought and signed 3 goalkeepers, only to have 22 players wanting to leave after having broken my promise to strengthen it. I had to actually buy the ingame editor to fix my save game.

They might not be gamebreaking to you, but they are to me.

• Yes, youth teams do not use substitutes unless a player is injured. This issue was discussed in beta, but it hasn't been fixed yet。
  • There are also fake, virtual youth academy players for the U18s, using real player ids and real player photos

2 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Ok. First I will say that I'm absolutely loving the game because the ME is fantastic. Minor issues for me are, maybe too many goals scored and quite a lot of goals coming from corners. Other than that it's the best ME ever. Also as a 2D player, this year I switched to 3D because it's just looks so good. Job done brilliantly as far as that.

But..all of the other features advertised like better interaction, real life finances, AI squad building, AI giving young players game time etc..not really happening. Absolutely no difference form FM23 or 22 or 21. Finances are a mess still. Like what changed? I dare someone to explain to me exactly what has changed regarding the finances from FM23 to FM24? Man Utd..click on  finances/debt..one day debt stands at around 400mil, the next time I check it's 120mil, the next time I check it's 220mil..It's like totally random screen. Not to mention that my mate spent around 4 billion euros in his save with Newcastle. Paying for Saka like 400 milion and whenever the club goes to red, new sponsorship deal..all good. 

I'm in my 5th seaons with ManUtd, and I just bought Arda Guler from Madrid , the boy is a wonderkid when you start the game. Guess how many games has he played for Madrid in 4 seasons? Seven games he played. Seven. 7. I guess AI really gives a chance to it's youngsters.

Interaction is a huge colosal mess as it ever was.

So, yeah SI..someone could say it's a bit of false advertising. And now I see there are 150 players missing from J League? ..not a good look.

I echo everything you said. The game is great from a distance but these bugs and broken promises need fixing, quickly.

...Still enjoying the game though.

I feel like the SI team was much quicker and active in pushing updates before FM23.

Last 2 years it feels they are taking too long to fix some issues that should be fixed before the release.

Why do we have an early access if no changes are made between the release and early access ?

1 hour ago, Mitza said:

I'm incredibly dissappointed that the release clauses in Spain still haven't been updated to the real world equivalents. I don't think they have been updated in 5-10 years. 

Whenever you try to renegotiate a contract, the game ignores the existing real world clause and it starts from a much lower number during the negotiations. In my third division, most players have 3 mil - 10 mil clauses from their real life contracts. Renegotiating a 8 mil clause starts at 1.5 mil for the AI which makes it almost impossible to bring the clause back up and not pay at least twice in wages for the same player. 

Barcelona and Real Madrid players have 400 mil - 1 bil clauses for most of their players. When renegotiating any of these contracts, real life equivalents get completely ignored so a good player gets locked at a 100-130 mil clause. In today's market that's nothing for world class players. Yamal's 1 bil clause starts at 26 mil when first renegotiating. 

This leaves Spanish clubs in a massive disadvantage as other leagues can very easily poach top players for nothing. 

SI...please, please, please fix this.

Huge issue for those managing in Spain.

8 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Haven't they said in the opening post, fixes coming very soon?

Yes, I would imagine any fixes they have made will need a lot of testing to ensure minimal / no impact elsewhere and clearly not enough time available between identification and roll-out. In fact the game would have likely gone gold some time before release day I'm sure

As always any new bugs are best raised in the bugs forum as they will got lost here

In the meantime we wait patiently I suppose

8 hours ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Hopefully FM move to a constant rolling Database from FM25 with all the changes that are coming.

If they did then you would need to still start a new game each time to pick them up

8 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Yes, I would imagine any fixes they have made will need a lot of testing to ensure minimal / no impact elsewhere and clearly not enough time available between identification and roll-out. In fact the game would have likely gone gold some time before release day I'm sure

As always any new bugs are best raised in the bugs forum as they will got lost here

Feels like the powerful the hardware has become, the longer it takes SI to test their game... LOL

14 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Agreed. I feel especially with the solid release time this year the full release and current version may of been uploaded and sitting for a good period of time. So hopefully the fixes are ready to go soon

9 minutes ago, esca said:

When will SI release a hotfix for the substitutions bug? Can we get an update from them? Its a game breaking bug imo for the long game development and should be fix immediately 

I agree, I really thought this would be fixed in the full version release yesterday, but it seems to me it's the exact same game as in early access... Disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Agreed. I feel especially with the solid release time this year the full release and current version may of been uploaded and sitting for a good period of time. So hopefully the fixes are ready to go soon

i really hope so ive a feeling its all tied in some how with this j league licencing issue approx 150 players/staff missing 

1 hour ago, Rayban_DK said:

Me too. I honestly can't tell the difference from FM23 and 24 bar the match engine. Everything else seems almost identical. The same issues persist as last couple of years: 

• Poor squad building
  • Silly tactical advice from staff
  • No subs from AI teams
  • Not utilizing screen space in menus
  • No new stuff that changes the way I play the game
  • Empty rooms for press meetings (why is that even a thing, put some people in there for gods sake!)

I mean, just look at the left side panel. At least four of the items there should not be there: 'Club Info', 'Club Vision' and 'Finance' should be one menu item. 'Dynamics'... Who clicks on it more than once or twice during a session? Same with 'competitions'. 'Medical Center' having no less than five nested menus? Why?

Why does 'club info' have a 'news' tab? And why doesn't the 1st screen you see when you click club info contain menus in the bottom of the screen that doesn't fit and have to have scrollers? It was the same last year and my monitor is as standard as it gets (1920x1080).

And why can't I get to my desktop when playing the game on full screen. Every other full screen game have the ability to minimize when you click on the game icon while running, not this one.

It all seems so... last decade when it comes to UI and I can't understand why they won't hire someone to change it after all these years of development.

Take the injury update as an example; Lots of text when all we need is a simple list with player names, length and type of injury and a expected return date: "Here's a list of injuries" [shows list of injuries]. That's it.

Then you have the inbox system with long cumbersome text messages, one after another... Many of these should be nothing more than simple visualizations, not text walls. When you play this game for hours and you keep seeing the same messages over and over again it becomes just a click fest to get through the inbox.

News item of weekly staff meetings? Look at that mess with text on top, a weird box with staff attendance on the left (why even have that?), then a menu you have to scroll to see in its entirety, with drop down menus to boot! Messy is the word of the day.

Same with most tactical advice you get in your inbox.

They've had a year and almost nothing have been done to the UI in this game. The 'training' screen is still a mess with lots of menu items that are not needed, sub menus that could be so more better streamlined.

The ME graphics are better with filters etc , the ME is better , set pieces are a big improvement,  game processes a lot quicker , Pre-Editor has more features , League fixtures seem better . Much more if you look 

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Interestingly, looks like this detailed feature section I posted above regarding Japan being “fully” licensed has now been removed from the website overnight, and replaced with a site wide banner instead stating “J-League makes long-awaited debut”.

image.png.d7c804e1ba6856b44cf785bdd48de36b.png

Feels very underhand and mis-selling, just be honest and communicate as this was pushed out as a “feature”.

Its pretty clear that this is a f@ck up as opposed to a deliberate attempt to deceive but, I do think there was time to make the true situation known before release. To find out like this is embarrassing and will inevitably leave people feeling like they've been mislead.  

9 minutes ago, Mush1983 said:

i really hope so ive a feeling its all tied in some how with this j league licencing issue approx 150 players/staff missing 

They shouldn't be connected or dependent on one another to be released.

If there's a gameplay fix, release it as soon as it's ready.

Same for licensing.

It's the first time they've ever said to expect a fix for many issues reported very soon though which is what I'm hoping on.

I had reported this issue back in FM22 but it seems that some staff are still being generated automatically. They tend to have poor abilities and personalities and have long, expensive contracts to boot. In some leagues (e.g. Italy), the Recruitment Analyst is generated automatically. Almost all set piece coaches are generated automatically. I'm not sure if it's just the Demo. Can anyone check whether this happens in the full game?

24 minutes ago, alian62 said:

The ME graphics are better with filters etc , the ME is better , set pieces are a big improvement,  game processes a lot quicker , Pre-Editor has more features , League fixtures seem better . Much more if you look 

What new features are on the pre-game editor?

Ironically up to official release I wasn't as affected by high-scoring games and gk injuries but since yesterday I've gone from the nine games pre-release at 2 goals per game and the five games post release at 5.3 goals per game!

Also had my gk recover from a dislocated shoulder only to get his second hernia of the season virtually straight away and he's now missed over two-thirds of the season.

Very small sample size I know but just interesting as these issues are suddenly more apparent and noticeable post release for me.

Whether these and other issues should have made it to beta/early access is one thing but I think expectations are wildly high if people think they could be fixed in a 2 week period prior to release, there are so many knock-on effects from tweaking game mechanics, the testing must be a nightmare.

Can only hope they are being reviewed, worked on and tested with patches to come in the coming weeks.

6 minutes ago, 3maldini3 said:

Wait a minute. 
we are missing 150 players?!

I posted this earlier:

If you're wondering why lots of players are missing from the Japan leagues such as Gaku Shibasaki, Marcos Junior and Juan Mata it's because Japan is missing around 150 players in FM24 due to licensing reasons.

It's from a post that names the 150 and links to a "fix" to unofficially include them in the db. I can't give the source here, and comments note that it has serious flaws anyway.

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

day0.PNG.bb92b52217e5e406d592806f4aa4f592.PNG

I did notice that day0 (assuming Gold) was decided 11 days ago. If that is true, it would've been nice to be told, "we wont be patching it on release day to the standard we wanted to release the game, therefore patch 1 will be coming on week......". Im loving FM24 but even now, im treating it as a beta save..... dying to get into a long term save!

Edited by greenz81

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

All that would do is push the issues 2/3 weeks further down the line.

There's legacy bugs going back up to 4/5 years in terms of UI and stats. Still aren't fixed for the most ''polished version ever''. Really quite simple ones at that. But I suppose they're managable for a user and not high priority.

Then there's a fair few issues that somehow made it through the in-house alpha stage. Excessive goals, excessive conversion rates, squad depth interactions, AI not making subs, your own U21 team not making subs unless there's an injury and now I'm hearing team talks don't work? If they weren't spotted at Alpha then they NEED us to find them for them. Whether they fix them is up to them.

Within playing 5 games of the beta (so about 3 hours game time) I thought... ''hmm, seems to be a lot of goals'' so simulated some tests on full detail which had finished a 3 season span a couple of hours later. Within 8 hours in total I'd completed the stats, investigated possible cause, set pieces? nope in line, xG chances? nope seem level with IRL and shown that the GPD was way out for a lot of leagues and conversion rate over double that of IRL and about a 50% increase (so from 9/10% to 15/16%) compared to FM23. Thats one single person noticing an issue within 3 hours and evidencing it within 8. Why wasn't it picked up on Alpha? Same for the legacy bugs that have been in for years and again, were noticed within 2/3 hours of game time in the beta.

The OP says that fixes are coming very soon, and we'll hear more about them very soon. Interesting. Are we getting a post before they come out then? I know timeframes are never given for understandable reason, but it would be nice to know if we're talking within a week, before the end of the month or within 6 weeks as what classifies as soon. I'm hoping very very soon, as this is I believe the first release where no gameplay issues at all have been fixed for the release.  Then we have the Japan issue. Personally licenses etc don't bother me, but for them to just release the full version and not even have a side note of ''oh btw, still working on the licenses so they're not all in yet'' would've been.... well expected tbqh. Even most companies probably would've added a sorry on. But we didn't even get the courtesy of a notification unless we probed them on the forum or twitter. 

I do however think that fixes should be released as soon as they are ready, even if it's only for 1/2/3 issues at a time rather than the ''lets wait an extra 2/3 weeks where we can batch them all into one big update'' instead of delaying releasing ready fixes for issues that some may deem as worthy of preventing them from playing.

Honestly, did enjoy my time playing the beta but did have to put it down as the ME which was beautiful to watch, was just preventing defensive football being played and regardless of tactic or who you were playing and for other teams in the league 90% of games were goal-fests resulting in teams such as Birmingham in my save finishing 14th... whilst scoring 98 goals and conceding 117. That's almost 5 GPG for a team in 14th. And they weren't an exception to the rule. The ME is central to everything and the amount of goals is just immersion breaking. I've always been able to enjoy a beta/full release regardless of the bugs issues but I can't even enjoy the game currently. Please just fix the amount of goals/conversion rate and I'm very happy with FM24. We're going seasons with divisional xG overperformance being in excess of +300 goals when you click on the xG table in game...

Sure the other issues such as AI subs, U21 sub issue, team talks etc are fairly important and over a long-term save could have developmental effects on players. But wouldn't stop me picking it up and enjoying the game which was paid for for a season or two while they were sorted.

In absolute congruence with the entirety of this post. Thank you. 

Hello.

I have a problem (may be not?) with selling via intermediaries.

I started the game and wanted to sell a player. First i used the option to talk to the agent, he said there are no interested sides. Then I decided to try an intermediary, who told me that there are no interested clubs also. But I`m curious isn`t it supposed to be a job of intermediary to find interested club for a fee?

The screen bellow is from https://www.footballmanager.com/features/introducing-intermediaries-and-offloading-players

I have never received the offers in the way pictured by the screen.

Is it a bug or am I doing smth not right?

Посредник.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Must be a nightmare, especially considering we set those dates for Early Access and Full Release, right? We, the ones with unreasonable expectations deemed the game was playable after internal testing.

Oh, wait.... 

I mentioned about these issues making it to early access being a separate problem - and I would say expectations of a more solid build at early access launch with improvements in the headline features as opposed to them being apparently more problematic is perfectly reasonable.

Expecting it all to be fixed in the 2 weeks prior to release doesn't make sense though, that's all.

SI will not have the numbers in-house to recreate the real-world gametime that thousands of consumers can during the early access period, so I imagine it will take them a little longer to work on the things that have been highlighted.

Also whether the game is playable or unplayable is a subjective thing. I'm 3 seasons in and it's perfectly playable for me, albeit with some noticeable flaws and I'm also taking note of other's feedback. Everyone's saves will be different though so if it's unplayable for you that's a real shame.

54 minutes ago, saihtam said:

I dont want to rile up people and push them doing something they might not feel comfy to do. But I really hope peoples minds are thinking into leave negative feedback on the steam. It is small way to show that all is not okey. You can always update it after fixes are done etc.

Yep.

With the lack of fixes upon full release it will be interesting to see if the rating takes a hit.

From a quick look at Twitter comments on the game are overwhelmingly positive apart from a few complaints to Miles about the J-League licensing issues, which have been ignored.

Thats all that matters unfortunately, not our constructive criticism in the echo chamber that is this forum.

Edited by coda

5 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

I apreciate your answer and I'm sorry If I got carried away especially in the tone of my message.

The game being unplayable was a hyperbole to emphasis the relation between the full price paid (with a hike compared to other years) and the missing (or rather the state) of many headline features.

Have a good one!

:thup:

14 minutes ago, Vladson said:

Hello.

I have a problem (may be not?) with selling via intermediaries.

I started the game and wanted to sell a player. First i used the option to talk to the agent, he said there are no interested sides. Then I decided to try an intermediary, who told me that there are no interested clubs also. But I`m curious isn`t it supposed to be a job of intermediary to find interested club for a fee?

The screen bellow is from https://www.footballmanager.com/features/introducing-intermediaries-and-offloading-players

I have never received the offers in the way pictured by the screen.

Is it a bug or am I doing smth not right?

Посредник.jpg

The use of intermediaries gives you a better chance of offloading a player, but it's not guaranteed. So it's working as expected, as in real life sometimes nobody is interested in taking your cast offs, hence why there are hundreds of free agents available at any given time.

aside from the ME, just looking at the general feedback of complains & issues, i would have thought i was reading an FM21 feedback thread.
Guess so many issues for over 5 years are still not fixed then.

and stating the J-league as being fully licensed and yet still not yet to be featured is downright misleading. and yet no communication about it.

this year's ME is really fantastic & has great potential. but everything else the UI/Ux/A etc, is just so so poor.

7 минут назад, Brentford Alan сказал:

The use of intermediaries gives you a better chance of offloading a player, but it's not guaranteed. So it's working as expected, as in real life sometimes nobody is interested in taking your cast offs, hence why there are hundreds of free agents available at any given time.

Hm, but nevertheless i should see a screeen with the interemediaries offering their services for a fee as it is pictured in the screen. Didn`t find, ok. But the even don`t try to. It is their job to search for a interested club for a fee.

Edited by Vladson

Posted 7 minutes ago (edited)

13 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Hm, but nevertheless i should see a screeen with the interemediaries offering their services for a fee as it is pictured in the screen. Didn`t find, ok. But the even don`t try to. It is their job to search for a interested club for a fee.

maybe no one wants your player, too bad, happens in real life as well. offer mutual termination, release or wait for him to run down his contract, 

Edited by Davienene

1 hour ago, esca said:

When will SI release a hotfix for the substitutions bug? Can we get an update from them? Its a game breaking bug imo for the long game development and should be fix immediately 

At least you can load your game :lock:

…. Some of us can’t even do that until another fix is implemented :sega:

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Domoboy23:

They shouldn't be connected or dependent on one another to be released.

If there's a gameplay fix, release it as soon as it's ready.

Same for licensing.

It's the first time they've ever said to expect a fix for many issues reported very soon though which is what I'm hoping on.

I'm not up to date with console versions but aren't they exactly the same feature wise than PC? Then Sony's/Microsoft's certification process for patches would take a while and prevent the as soon as ready policy you're suggesting anyway. I can't see them being happy with a new patch every two days.

(Then again with all the first day release patches and stuff these days, this might even have changed sony & microsoft stance.)

Edited by w3t