• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

No problem.

I think the interesting bit for me is obviously the overall conversion rate is higher than FM23 and IRL (FM has always been higher I believe) but it's evident Italy is very close to the norm and the Bundesliga is the only one that underperforms in terms of GPG (I have done a sim with 5 new countries and leagues on top of that list). It appears that the Bundesliga on FM there are a lot less shots taken compared to other leagues which I wasn't expecting and very interested into how this is done. E.g is it tactical etc or something else

Yeah there's definitely variance between leagues but it's not something the match team force e.g. through regional trends or tactical differences. We don't do any cheats or hacks like that.

Everything is data driven, so e.g. in Bundesliga there's less goals so there must be something with the players or managers that leads to them having less chances.

But also because we don't do any 'cheats' or 'hacks' to force goals up or down in specific leagues, it does mean that there will be some variance in stats, as long as its not really unrealistic and is within reasonable ranges it should be ok.

21 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I think more info is required to elaborate your view its broken.  1. Is this an FM23 save or not? 2. Are you saying if non-player staff transfer from team a to team b that the non-player staff history is not reflecting the staff member being at both teams? Needs more info / screenshots etc

I think it's pretty self explainatory? Imagine checking a club's transfer history tab and it doesn't show anything. Now change that to staff and that's the problem.

And no, it's not an imported save. Although I checked on imported 10 year + saves and a fresh clean FM24 save. Staff just don't show in transfer history but they do when you check a league's staff movements.

Bug thread 

Edited by Mitza

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Just look at the amount of goals scored in those tables. Crazy.

I had this from start of early access but couldn't get it to reproduce. Spoken to many others running into the same issue.

image.thumb.png.be976079d4bb60ea980ceb1fcfca7c75.png

Edited by Craig_R.U.F.C

12 minutes ago, Mitza said:

I think it's pretty self explainatory? Imagine checking a club's transfer history tab and it doesn't show anything. Now change that to staff and that's the problem.

And no, it's not an imported save. Although I checked on imported 10 year + saves and a fresh clean FM24 save. Staff just don't show in transfer history but they do when you check a league's staff movements.

Bug thread 

Thanks for confirming and I understand what you mean. Yes I'd not spotted this but checked my saves and its the same. The first staff transfer to be recorded should be yourself when becoming Manager of the club

hace 41 minutos, Jack Joyce dijo:

Absolutely!

• GK injuries - we're working on some tweaks to reduce them down a bit. Just for GKs, the overall injury balance is looking good. 
  • Subs - I know the team are working on this one as well, but anything to do with team selection such as rotation, subs etc. takes a hell of a lot of fine-tuning, balancing etc. I know it's painful sometimes waiting for improvements but the more time we get the better changes we can make. Rushing these things can often make things worse and we've really tried to move away from these rushed fishes with the match engine in recent years.
  • Rotation - Similar to subs, the team are working on it and there's a bunch of improvements in the works.

Fixes are coming and apologies for the wait, but all the feedback has really been invaluable so keep it coming please with save games and PKM examples.

Thank you for the transparency Jack! We just wanted some update on the situation at this point

39 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Transfer History -> Staff is broken and doesn't show anything, for any season, for any club. So you can't see any team's staff movement.

I don’t have the game on me atm but is it still broke when you go onto the world, transfers section and then filter by staff?

2 minutes ago, Craig_R.U.F.C said:

I had this from start of early access but couldn't get it to reproduce. Spoken to many others running into the same issue.

image.thumb.png.be976079d4bb60ea980ceb1fcfca7c75.png

Loaded up the editor... Yeah... many of those AI managers have either 4-4-2, are set to use Direct tactics or have the attacking value set equal or higher than 13...

45 минут назад, andu1 сказал:

Just don't turn the ME into another snooze fest like FM 23 just for the sake of having the GPG same ar IRL..

I already provided evidence that not all saves have high amount of goals and i certainly believe that lower league AI managers are set too attacking , that's why the GPG are off the charts there.

IRL teams are already more cautios than in FM...

Improved AI in possession beats defensive AI at all

image.png.ce12326aa713792db0ca5d6bebfcf2e4.png

image.png.8b20ca28581d0811468a1a03cba4e280.png

image.png.c978a5ac9d786cfa9261c8d74f1678fd.png

Just an usual thing for this. + pointless sterile possession is just ruining, this issue was solved a couple of years ago... to return in all its glory

Edited by Novem9

@Jack JoyceCan you advise if this bug would also be fixed in the next round of fixes - its been in FM for a number of years and is currently under review - but not sure if its working as intended or an actual bug - as its under review I assume it is a bug

@Jack JoyceWouldnt it be a good idea to just have a known bug list with the current situation on each one. Giving estimates, even if months away, would reassure the community work is being done and its just not an impossible task.

Would also get the community to work together, supplying  you with all the save games and pkm's SI require, instead of sniping at eachother, with what people think may or may not be bugs.

I suspect everyones fear is that the patches drag out until March and then the message is, "due to limitations, you will have to wait until FM25". I know that is my fear....

I do understand Miles did say he wanted this game fixed and patched up by December in a previous interview so the developers can fully focus on FM25. Lets hope it does happen, so get that known bug list out please!

(or even better... get the beta branch working again!!!)

Edited by greenz81

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

Absolutely not. We would never announce a feature that isn't in the game, personally I'm a long, long term fan of the game and would never accept that. But that doesn't mean new features won't have bugs/issues.

No matter how many features or improvements you make to a complex system like this (similar to the match engine AI!) - there's always more you can do. It'll never be 'finished', and once the game goes live there's suddenly millions of matches being played, way more than any amount of internal testing can cover. The bug reports are really helpful!

I know there's been some abuse here and whether you took it upon yourself or were scheduled to appear in this thread we appreciate you coming here and speaking to us about how the sausage is made

Edited by nunch98
Threatening autocorrect

So I'm not sure whether I'm missing something here.

I started a save with Liverpool after the game was released. I didn't play the beta.

I have two issues:

1. When the set piece creator had the corners routines created, I saw that Andy Robertson (DL) was the primary taker on Left Foot (?) and Trent Alexander (DR) was the primary taker on Right Foot (?). This was set by Assistant and I assumed this was for Left and Right corners although I didn't see text indicating what side the corners were on. When I went into a match, on the right side I had Robertson taking the corner and on the left side I had Trent. Basically their roles were inverted for some reason. I tried to go in and change Corner takers to opposite sides but it looks like the game refuses to list Trent on the Left because he's right footed.

Can someone tell me if this is a bug? Because this is gamebreaking on a major level. If my left back is taking a right side corner kick when I don't intend him to, a wrong incident may cause the opposition's right side winger to have space enough to run towards my goal which will draw my Central Defenders or others out of position which means others are trying to make up for the fact that my Fullback is trying to get back to his position.

2. Where are the Freekick takers? I don't know if I'm missing something but the Set Piece routines seem to be built for corners and there isn't a Freekick taker screen. I can see Penalties on a separate tab.

6 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

update.PNG.ab2681d07008c1fb1b82cc8a78ea93e4.PNG

Also noticed, the database was locked the day before early release? So was there no intention of really updating the game on release day with regards to mistakes in the database during early access? 

The data has to be locked for a release. This always been the case. It doesnt change when a future update is times. 

• SI Staff
47 minutes ago, wazza said:

@Jack JoyceCan you advise if this bug would also be fixed in the next round of fixes - its been in FM for a number of years and is currently under review - but not sure if its working as intended or an actual bug - as its under review I assume it is a bug

Unfortunately training is not my area of expertise so I couldn't say, but I can see that this thread as been marked for QA to review.

8 minutes ago, saiyaman said:

So I'm not sure whether I'm missing something here.

I started a save with Liverpool after the game was released. I didn't play the beta.

I have two issues:

1. When the set piece creator had the corners routines created, I saw that Andy Robertson (DL) was the primary taker on Left Foot (?) and Trent Alexander (DR) was the primary taker on Right Foot (?). This was set by Assistant and I assumed this was for Left and Right corners although I didn't see text indicating what side the corners were on. When I went into a match, on the right side I had Robertson taking the corner and on the left side I had Trent. Basically their roles were inverted for some reason. I tried to go in and change Corner takers to opposite sides but it looks like the game refuses to list Trent on the Left because he's right footed.

Can someone tell me if this is a bug? Because this is gamebreaking on a major level. If my left back is taking a right side corner kick when I don't intend him to, a wrong incident may cause the opposition's right side winger to have space enough to run towards my goal which will draw my Central Defenders or others out of position which means others are trying to make up for the fact that my Fullback is trying to get back to his position.

2. Where are the Freekick takers? I don't know if I'm missing something but the Set Piece routines seem to be built for corners and there isn't a Freekick taker screen. I can see Penalties on a separate tab.

1. I think will be determined by the swing you've chosen - routines aren't set based on side anymore but swing, so if you have an inswinging routine, that is what is used to determine who takes the set piece. To swap them round, change from inswing to outswing, or vice versa.

2. There should be a button on the left that says 'corners', click that and you can change between the different routine types.

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

1. I think will be determined by the swing you've chosen - routines aren't set based on side anymore but swing, so if you have an inswinging routine, that is what is used to determine who takes the set piece. To swap them round, change from inswing to outswing, or vice versa.

2. There should be a button on the left that says 'corners', click that and you can change between the different routine types.

Thank you so much I was going mad wondering how I was having the game do something different.

Also thanks for pointing out where the freekick takers are found.

5 minutes ago, saiyaman said:

The corner takers are set by your assistant based upon weather you are using inswingers or outswingers - If you are using an Inswinger corners on the Left hand side - right footed players will be used and on the Right hand side Left footed players used.  

The only feedback I have on this is that you can no longer set different set piece instructions for the left hand side and right hand side with the same routine and you can only train 3 corners where on previous versions you could train 6 - 3 on the left and 3 on the right,

My issue is with the 3 corner routine.  Routine 1 set as inswinger to near post I have a Right footed decent corner taker 13 attribute or more on the left hand side - however I have to stay with the same routine for the Left hand side ie inswinger near post, but I have no decent Left footed corner taker only decent right footed ones.  I therefore I wanted to change this to be to Routine 1 inswinger rhs near post left hand side but on the right hand side change it to Routine 1 outswinger to suit the corner taker that can be used on this side.  However the game wont let me as it changes to outswinger for both Routine 1. That is my only gripe with the new set piece creator.

1 hour ago, Topita said:

After 5 years I've got a job offer from Napoli, switched a couple staff members from my club (River) before accepting and once I swapped jobs, I soon realized the staffs I could move never came, it was not like the club was waiting for confirmation, they were free agents.

And when I checked for my ex assman (luis nascimiento) on his transfer history he managed river for just one year (2023-2024). It genuinely ruined the joy of the save for me because i already had an empty staff backroom, and not only I needed to fill the spots, I had to re-sign all the members that should've been with me from the beginning

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? As someone who plans to jump around quite a bit in my save, this would be…. quite irritating, to say the least.

1 minute ago, wazza said:

The corner takers are set by your assistant based upon weather you are using inswingers or outswingers - If you are using an Inswinger corners on the Left hand side - right footed players will be used and on the Right hand side Left footed players used.  

The only feedback I have on this is that you can no longer set different set piece instructions for the left hand side and right hand side with the same routine and you can only train 3 corners where on previous versions you could train 6 - 3 on the left and 3 on the right,

My issue is with the 3 corner routine.  Routine 1 set as inswinger to near post I have a Right footed decent corner taker 13 attribute or more on the left hand side - however I have to stay with the same routine for the Left hand side ie inswinger near post, but I have no decent Left footed corner taker only decent right footed ones.  I therefore I wanted to change this to be to Routine 1 inswinger rhs near post left hand side but on the right hand side change it to Routine 1 outswinger to suit the corner taker that can be used on this side.  However the game wont let me as it changes to outswinger for both Routine 1. That is my only gripe with the new set piece creator.

I should have done more research on this. Thanks for explaining.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, wazza said:

Could you DM me some more info about your issue here? Maybe with a save game or screenshots to show what you mean. I'll have a look

@Jack Joyce Thanks for coming into the thread and engaging with the community - I know this is something that doesn't happen elsewhere, so it's appreciated. 

Any update on the Japan licensing issues though? I am hoping to here that these issues will be resolved, but I suspect that is not the case.

8 minutes ago, andu1 said:

There is a 2.7gb update out . Is it for the Japanese league?

edit: might have been wrong , now it shows just a 14.7 kb change :onmehead:

Spotted this too, perhaps were two files, the 2.7GB then the smaller one?

In the real life Scottish Championship in 2022/23 there were 504 goals scored. 

The last 3 seasons in game, the total goals for the same league (all on full detail)

The worst of these was the 596 figure, but even that over 10 teams averages out at less than 10 goals extra per team on the equivalent figures in real life. Now this is just a short sample size, and I agree, goals are at a rate higher than that of real life, but I don't see it as a massive issue, at least where I'm managing anyway, it may be different in other leagues/countries. 

Oh, and also in this league, teams are now making subs just fine most of the time. You see a few games where you think subs should have been made earlier, but it's not every team, every week. 

And the J-League? I'd warrant those with the sharpest pitchforks have either no idea what's actually missing or have absolutely zero intention of ever managing there. It'll get fixed when it's ready. It's unfortunate it's not been done in time for release, but these things happen sometimes. Let it go, it's really not that important. 

Also had the update, no changes to the J League I can tell, listing out the teams with license issues.

J1: G-Osaka - fake badge, real kits
J2: Chiba - real badge, fake kits
J2: Fujieda - fake bade, real kits
J2: Iwata - real badge, fake kits
J2: Kuamoto - real badge, real home kit, fake away kit
J2: Nagasaki - fake badge, real kits
J2: Omiya - fake badge, real kits
J2: Tokyo-V - fake badge, real kits
J2: Yakagate - fake badge, real kits
J3: Kitakyushu - real badge, fake kits
J3: Miyazaki - fake badge, real kits

0 player or staff faces, like none at all

This doesn't even touch on the data and other issues that have been highlighted with the leagues.

Edited by craiigman

Только что, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

Whether it is or it isn't, it's not life or death the way some people make it out to be. 

You are wasting time on a pointless argument, why? If you like the game, why not just leave people who want something extra to go enjoy it?

3 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

So, what was the recent update about?

At 14kb, probably updating in-game advertising or similar. Would expect SI to provide a notification and change list for anything affecting the game itself now we are post-launch.