Football Manager 2022 Headline Features - In The Studio Part 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw that wide players don't just run forward with the ball dribble and kicking it against the legs of the defenders, they actually turn around and pass the ball back.

It's still too early to tell from a short clip if that is going to be the case but I'm excited

Looks promising so far, new animation engine could be a huge improvement to the way game looks and plays, but from the footage in the video I still get impression that it's "floaty". It does look a bit better though.

Also I'm loving the pressing improvements.

Disappointed that there seem to be no changes to the tactical creator, especially the lack of addition of out of possession and in possession formations.

Edited by (sic)

Data Hub looks excellent, its funny that theres a graph for the exact problem in older FMs i was talking about which was I hope headers won % and similar type of stats are in the data hub. But it went one further and there are graphs for it!

Great that the animations in the ME have been overhauled and there is no more overpowered gegenpress lol.

Edited by Platinum

14 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The stamina change seems to be a big deal. Also looking forward to checking out the pressing triggers. Why does the release date feel so far away?  :(:D

Yeah it defo seems to be a big deal. It should make choosing style of play based on the players you have more important.

Pass map as shown above looks great and much more realistic, i'd go as far as saying it's the best its been since any of them came out, very updated and looks accessable easier than previous years.

Animations im still skeptical but im glad it's going in the right direction, I was hoping to skip this year as i've not played 21 alot, infact 200 hours isn't great by anyones standards but i may actually buy 22. Keep em coming SI!! 

Really really loving the new animations system!

I saw a lot of new animations in those short mini clips of the ME and its looking great!

The new pressing system is something that could be really a deal breaker..

I hope they also did a little tweaks to the manager AI 

Nice video which left me feeling the evolution continues on what is already a very enjoyable game.

I'm not massively in to the Data Hub & things like XG personally but can see why it's important to so many. It was good to have the insight from the various departments, and to hear about the things they felt it necessary to try and improve or introduce. Sure there will be some glitches, but sounds really promising to me.

Quite a few things in there that I'm excited about.

Dribbling - Massive tick

Pressing Triggers - Massive Tick

Improved Pass Accuracy and Inaccuracy - Massive Tick

Requesting Specific Data Sets from Analysts - Massive Tick

Nic Madden's Enthusiasm - Massive Tick

I could go on.....cheers

Edited by janrzm

Well, that's cured some of my pre-release concerns. The new animations look great. I'm looking forward to seeing twists and turns - as well as shocking first touches and over hit passes.

Also, great to see that stamina will impact pressing. Be interesting to see how managers who rely on the counter-press will adapt in the latter stages of a match.

Great video. Looking forward to the next one!

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

The stamina change seems to be a big deal. Also looking forward to checking out the pressing triggers. Why does the release date feel so far away?  :(:D

I know, right ?! I'm also hyped about the stamina changes and pressing .. and dribbling and passing (in)accuracy . Oh man, oh man ! Can't wait.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a set pieces revamp! It could be a massive release it it happens !

There was a nice clip of the WCB pushing down the wing, and then having to stretch to get the ball under control which slowed down his initial burst.  Little things like that make me excited for the full thing.

Also, very enthused by the Data Hub - in particular the considerably bigger selection of graphs looks really encouraging.

21 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

‘Players now, based on their stamina, have the concept of their sprint capacity. A plug and play Gegenpress system is going to be a thing of the past’

Absolutely superb. Can’t wait for the meltdown on here.

I know it's bad, but that was exactly my first thoughts too. :lol:

I honestly loved all the ME changes, but I will keep myself until I see the gameplay in the long term, especially because of the pressing overhaul. I loved it that now they made it more realistic,so you can't press all the game, you actually need to do what real managers do, press 15 minutes, then wait, then press again, and make subs so the press goes on, but the problem is, if they don't nail this correctly, defensive team that just sit back recycling possession while our players run like headless chicken will be ultra OP. Remembering, Gengenpressing and agressive press is only op right now because every team turtle themselves and don't actually try to play games. If SI actually got it right (which the little highlight they showed didn't actually gave any sort of info on this), then this FM will be the realistic of all time.

Also I've seen some saying that the animations are not so realistic, I actually couldn't care less, just seeing wide players actually going wide, and them passing back instead of smashing the ball in one defender, is super exciting to see, maybe now open possession tactics will be actually effective instead having to pray for your players to not make the same mistake over and over. I am really excited to see what SI will bring for us in this new FM, hoping for the best.

59 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

‘Players now, based on their stamina, have the concept of their sprint capacity. A plug and play Gegenpress system is going to be a thing of the past’

Absolutely superb. Can’t wait for the meltdown on here.

Music to the ears of people like myself that specifically won't/can't use Gegenpressing because it feels overpowered. A very welcome move.

28 minutos atrás, pukfm disse:

Are you serious? Is that it? 

* Data Hub, which no one (95%) won't use.

* Wide defenders, a very minor feature.

* Updated match engine, which is a "feature" that everyone is expecting every year. Shouldn't even be a headline feature imo.

I have played football manager (championship manager) for over 20 years, and skipped last years version for first time, and i think i will do it again this year! What a shame.

Everyone who love the features - just enjoy the game!

Well, before I was like you and expected big things from SI every year, but lets be honest, they can't change all the game in a year. Grab FM16 and then FM21 and look at the differences, they change the game little by little, developing everything until ready to be launched. If you don't think is worth it, simply skip this year and buy the next year, or the other, until you actually see the changes you want.

Just what I needed to get me hyped. The pressing changes and the passing accuracy (and inaccuracy) were my main concerns with FM21 ME. I play in lower countries, my teams shouldn't play like Liverpool just because I tell them to do so. :D

And you should make Nic Madden talks more often, I really like how he explains how the ME actually works. And also, there's something soothing in his voice (?).

The data hub is looking great, I like that we can actually search for the data visualisation we are after.

spacer.png

Doesn't look like xA or npxG have been added this year unless they get revealed later. I wonder if the old ProZone like match analysis tools have been removed in FM22?

Not a fan of the strong pink being used in radial charts, The blue and green shown with opacity in the Teaser trailer looked much more professional looking.

Edited by Powermonger

Love to hear about the pressing and animation rework! Very excited after this video, and a very good way to present your new features. Also this kind of deeper conversation on Match Engine changes really puts to light how much effort goes into making it better.

Edited by Nikopol

31 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

So basically some of the headline features are a new role and a couple of extra stats? Well great...

Man, that glass of yours is half empty 😂

It's not really fair to skip over all the ME changes and we've not seen everything yet. In the interest of fairness etc....

It always feels like, some people will never be happy, others are happy at the slightest tweak. Trying to take a balanced view, so far the "features" look good IMO. I think we should probably refer to them as something other than "features" though as I think the inclination of most people is to expect something headline or major and we rarely see that. 

Edited by janrzm

51 minutes ago, Nahuelzn said:

Just what I needed to get me hyped. The pressing changes and the passing accuracy (and inaccuracy) were my main concerns with FM21 ME. I play in lower countries, my teams shouldn't play like Liverpool just because I tell them to do so. :D

And you should make Nic Madden talks more often, I really like how he explains how the ME actually works. And also, there's something soothing in his voice (?).

He did a video with Zealand where he talks about the ME, it's worth a watch 

41 minutes ago, Nahuelzn said:

Absolutely agree. My main frustration with FM21 was how effectively the AI used high-tempo/high-press tactics, even when they shouldn't have had the technical ability, speed, or stamina to do so. Seemed like even a relegation-threatened side could full-bore press and defend like mad for 90 minutes without it causing them problems. I'm glad to see it's been addressed.

22 minutes ago, Harper said:

Continuous Improvements are just as welcome as new Features.

Totally.

Are improvements to the ME, the AI or the UI ever really headline features? I'm not necessarily saying SI are doing that in these releases but to my mind only something that is new or totally reworked is a headline feature.

For clarity, I am happy with the improvements announced so far.

Edited by janrzm

1 hour ago, Harper said:

Continuous Improvements are just as welcome as new Features.

They are welcome and I am a person who don’t care for big new features every year. But I am a big fan over underpromise, overdeliever…As appreciated as the new tweaks are, we shouldn’t be talking about them as new headline features.

Lol tbh, a stadium editor (which is already in the game) would have made majority of people happy…

heck, a revamp set piece creator would have been a headline feature most would have been excited about…

Would love to see something around manager AI. Different types of managers, better squad management. Etc. 

Also more variation in player development. Too easy to spot great talent. Too many become too good, too quickly. And then too many players are done at 30 with physical attributes falling off a cliff. 

Edited by ViG1980

28 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

They are welcome and I am a person who don’t care for big new features every year. But I am a big fan over underpromise, overdeliever…As appreciated as the new tweaks are, we shouldn’t be talking about them as new headline features.

Lol tbh, a stadium editor (which is already in the game) would have made majority of people happy…

heck, a revamp set piece creator would have been a headline feature most would have been excited about…

Include Stadium editor.......step back while the community does the rest. Seems like such an easy win.

Set Piece creator would definitely constitute a headline feature, lots of talk about it amongst the youtubers, it looked nailed on but you'd think they'd have mentioned it by now if it was a thing......

8 hours ago, DarJ said:

I also saw that wide players don't just run forward with the ball dribble and kicking it against the legs of the defenders, they actually turn around and pass the ball back.

It's still too early to tell from a short clip if that is going to be the case but I'm excited

May be animations were not there but that has always been possible in last 3-4 FM versions as far as I can remember. My wide players always pass back if I want them to. This depends on mentality, tempo, tactical instructions and player traits.

All new changes seem promising. :):thup:

Edited by pats

5 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Totally agree . The stadium editor half exists in the Pre Editor so why not finish it so it can be used properly.  

I would rather have better ME than any new "feature" introduced for the sake of novelty.

I mean the old features are still not as good as they can be, still same 20 questions rotated in every press conference....

Regarding the players turning back to pass, you could do that in FM 2020 by editing the players turn rate in a certain file :).

I played a couple of games like that and the problem with this is that the defending part of the ME is not that good so the defense cannot cope with endless backpasses. I hope this is changed for 2022, and also I hope the AI will finally take risks and attack more.

11 hours ago, DarJ said:

Screenshot_20210930_201947_com.vanced.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.5ef559c80099bd242137a5041a3019eb.jpg

I love the way the pass map looks now. From this I can see that this team plays from the back and they key player is number 8.

If that was my team I'd want to see longer pass going from the number 8 towards number 16 and 12

Amen to that!