Football Manager 2022 Headline Features - In The Studio Part 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Il 5/10/2021 in 17:24 , Harper ha scritto:

Right, I was also just stating one example. Others complaining about difficulty may not be entirely aware that when you max out your coaching badge level and playing experience, that's FM's 'Easy' mode.

But it doesn't have sense at all in a search for realism Point of View. 

In real Life the top manager are the most paid managers 'cause work in a top teams even with 'max coaching badge Level is the hardest game. 

Otherwise Manchester City will hire a fourth division manager instead of Guardiola. 

3 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

But it doesn't have sense at all in a search for realism Point of View. 

In real Life the top manager are the most paid managers 'cause work in a top teams even with 'max coaching badge Level is the hardest game. 

Otherwise Manchester City will hire a fourth division manager instead of Guardiola. 

It’s a game. It’s never going to be 100% realistic. I’m never going to be whatever the description is for world renowned playing career but sometimes my player profile starts out that way. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Mix and match the settings. Max the badges and set Sunday league footballer as professional experience. The non-coaching attributes are the ones that really impact how players respect you, the board responds to your requests, and how much you know about players beyond your squad by default. And for me, that’s what makes the game more difficult.

And, even if you start with low attributes will grow over time as you gain experience.

Edited by Harper

4 hours ago, mhaffy said:

The screen in the data hub for Pass Map had a tool tip bar in red (bottom left) that said Basic Analysis with a part completed wheel.. Maybe there are different levels of analysis (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced etc) that depend upon the attributes of your back room staff ? Pity we didn’t see what was revealed by hovering over the tooltip….image.thumb.png.0df4dcb621436cb1578b61d99dc880bc.png

Hopefully they expand on this more in the coming weeks before launch.

I’m hoping they have introduced a tiered data package system so the charts and information you have access to changes as you invest more money in this area of the game. 

On 06/10/2021 at 02:43, Rexel1892 said:

However, it feels to me like the game is still missing at least one more headline feature. Something that you can point to as a significant change to the game rather than a tweak to an existing feature. Hopefully the second installment focuses on something that is yet to be announced. - a revamp of set pieces seems most likely at this stage. 

A big headline feature for me would be a UI overhaul, not cosmetically but mechanically. I feel the current UI has lived past it's used-by date and holding back enhancements. With all the additions over the years and trying to maintain the same look, the UI has no natural flow as many items are competing for your attention.

No UI overhaul in FM22 though, I'll live in hope for FM23.

Edited by Powermonger

3 hours ago, DP said:

Strangest request I’ve seen on these forums :lol:

Why? I wanna put my wife there not some random SI generated noob :D  it's literally few lines of code to make it possible via EDT files, in same way as they allow us to change press officer and the other folk from support stuff. it seems they're just lazy or don't care :( 

5 minuti fa, ChelseaFan ha scritto:

Not sure if this is true or not, but gathering from this tweet, the BETA will be launched tonight.

Aaahhh that song... It brings back memories from 2006...

And 2021 :cool:

On 05/10/2021 at 23:24, Harper said:

Right, I was also just stating one example. Others complaining about difficulty may not be entirely aware that when you max out your coaching badge level and playing experience, that's FM's 'Easy' mode.

That's not easy mode at all. 
 Lowering the badges, gives you less attributes to distribute..so what does that effect?
Training -
In lower leagues its not an issue at all, since you are usually signing players and rapid promotion depends on bringing in players, not training and developing them
Amateur clubs have limited training sessions , this makes player development moot, In Top clubs you just hire new staff.

Transfers
Your badges affect your reputation, true, and it may effect how likely players are attracted to coming, but....
Players are more affected by the reputation of the league and the club. You can have all the badges in the world, if they don't like the league and the club they ain't coming

Tactics - totally irrelevant
Tactical Familiarity - not even important

Teamtalks - get an assistant manager with motivating and you are sorted, teamtalk effects dont even last the full game. They give you a mini burst but thats about it. You need tactical changes and sub changes to have a bigger effect.

I have played with no badges and overachieved and I have played with full badges and underachieved. Fact is ultimately the difficulty level of the game boils down to your own personal challenges and its gonna be different for everyone.

Some people find journeyman saves challenging, I add a layer of difficulty, like making sure I end with one player from my starting club at my ending club. Or you can have another challenge for yourself, play a different formation every  game month and never use the same formation twice in a season. Or try and win every continental trophy within a certain time frame. Maxing coaching badges has such a small effect, that calling it "easy" mode is giving it way too much credit.

29 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

That's not easy mode at all. 
 Lowering the badges, gives you less attributes to distribute..so what does that effect?
Training -
In lower leagues its not an issue at all, since you are usually signing players and rapid promotion depends on bringing in players, not training and developing them
Amateur clubs have limited training sessions , this makes player development moot, In Top clubs you just hire new staff.

Transfers
Your badges affect your reputation, true, and it may effect how likely players are attracted to coming, but....
Players are more affected by the reputation of the league and the club. You can have all the badges in the world, if they don't like the league and the club they ain't coming

Tactics - totally irrelevant
Tactical Familiarity - not even important

Teamtalks - get an assistant manager with motivating and you are sorted, teamtalk effects dont even last the full game. They give you a mini burst but thats about it. You need tactical changes and sub changes to have a bigger effect.

I have played with no badges and overachieved and I have played with full badges and underachieved. Fact is ultimately the difficulty level of the game boils down to your own personal challenges and its gonna be different for everyone.

Some people find journeyman saves challenging, I add a layer of difficulty, like making sure I end with one player from my starting club at my ending club. Or you can have another challenge for yourself, play a different formation every  game month and never use the same formation twice in a season. Or try and win every continental trophy within a certain time frame. Maxing coaching badges has such a small effect, that calling it "easy" mode is giving it way too much credit.

It’s obviously just my opinion, but max badges and max playing experience is “Easy” mode and the minimum settings for those is “Veteran” mode.

It’s certainly not “easy” in the sense of playing FIFA or an FPS on its lowest difficulty setting. In FM, a maxed out and reasonably balanced profile can make for an easier go of things. That isn’t to say it removes all challenges from the game. You can certainly make the game more difficult for yourself by toning back your manager’s attributes.

Of course the game is still challenging and has a steep learning curve, particularly for new players. Even for long time players, it can be difficult to unlearn some of the habits and understandings of how things used to work in past iterations. Finding that perfect balance of the tactical roles and settings, making the decision to introduce a new formation, injuries, budgets, and interactions still throw curveballs.

Maxed on the training side gives you tremendous flexibility in hiring coaches and the assistant manager. Maxed out on the mental side makes your interactions with the board a bit easier, makes it more likely to calm an upset player, motivate players in your team talks, maintain happiness in the squad, and identify new players in the transfer market without having to scout them several times over. You still have choices to make in the game and can get those wrong. But maxed out, absolutely makes it easier to recover from a misstep in the game.

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

Not quite sure why FMFC was mentioned? Still hasnt been any exclusives for it.

Yeah, FMFC doesn’t even have blog posts about the headline features.

There’s the announcement of the release date, but nothing of the stuff since.

You’d think, to drive subscription, FMFC would be where details of the latest and greatest are provided.

1: Forum post and Twitter announcement with a short blurb

2: For more details link to FMFC,

3: 24-48 hours later, blog post is made fully public and YouTube link switched from hidden to public.

Edited by Harper

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

Not quite sure why FMFC was mentioned? Still hasnt been any exclusives for it.

At this point FMFC is clickbait, as they lure people in 2020 with some contests to win souvenirs, but as a blog it has been a dry desert, much like their youtube channel.

Edited by grade

Just caught up with watching this video. Really liking the sound of it all so far, the animation and match engine improvements look very good.

I know people like to moan about the lack of actual of new features, but a whole new animation engine is a pretty big feature. One that will only improve the game massively and hopefully make the matches represent the tactics and players a lot better.

Edited by sedge11

On 01/10/2021 at 08:47, Powermonger said:

The data hub is looking great, I like that we can actually search for the data visualisation we are after.

spacer.png

Doesn't look like xA or npxG have been added this year unless they get revealed later. I wonder if the old ProZone like match analysis tools have been removed in FM22?

Not a fan of the strong pink being used in radial charts, The blue and green shown with opacity in the Teaser trailer looked much more professional looking.

I was hoping they'd include xA. xA + KP = chances created. A bit much to expect that plus: xT, Passes Into Final 3rd, Line breaking passes, Progressive passes, packing numbers...

With the new wide centre back role getting some attention & looking awesome, I do hope the Libero's gotten some love. On attack the WCB crosses from the by-line & crosses pretty high up the pitch in a clip there, a Libero never goes that high up the pitch so here's hoping it's had some tweaks to the way it acts   

• Neil Brock unpinned and featured this topic