Football Manager 2022 Headline Features - In The Studio Part 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FM1000 said:

still same 20 questions rotated in every press conference....

Have you guys ever watched press conferences of any sport? It's the same questions worded differently every single time

I am very curious because in the last 5 years I have participated in various (so-called) "tests" that were going to designate "the best tactics". I don’t know how good those tactical configurations really were (in fact, I'm sure their efficiency depends of available players ... and some game weaknesses), but every year at least 9 out of 10 tactics designated as “best” were based on high or very high pressing. As I understand, in FM22 stamina will be much more important, which would mean that obsession for intense pressing will end. It depends on how this change will be implemented, but in the case of a realistic implementation, this will be the most important change in the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

but in the case of a realistic implementation, this will be the most important change in the last 5 years

I still think it won't be as realistic as we're expecting because most people will complain and you'll have to micromanage a lot.

The interesting part of it for me was when he said that players are aware of their fitness levels and they know when yo press. This leads me to believe that even I you had pressing at max and you have players that know they can't necessarily press with that intensity then they won't try to run around hoping to win the ball

Interested to see the next video regarding the staff interactions and recruitment its an area of the game that feels way too robotic and totally disjointed in all honesty. Do we know when its being released?

Really looking forward to this years version they have actually worked on dribbling and other big changes in the 3d match like the new animation engine. Data hub looks much better than the old team report.

11 minutes ago, zabyl said:

Just announce new set-piece creator

If they don't do that this year then I'm 90% sure it's going to be next year because they have re worked or touched on most aspects of the game recently apart from that 

12 hours ago, rdbayly said:

‘Players now, based on their stamina, have the concept of their sprint capacity. A plug and play Gegenpress system is going to be a thing of the past’

Absolutely superb. Can’t wait for the meltdown on here.

While this had me absolutely excited for the new game... it also made me think wtf was affecting gegenpressing in fm21 and 20? 

Glad to see the animations get some love. I can't say I care super much about the graphics in general, but it would be nice to see some difference between Joe Schmuck in the Lower Lowland Amateur Leauge and Ronaldo when it comes to dribbling, for example

It was also nice to see some of the faces of the guys who work on the game. I love their passion and nerdiness.

I did'nt think I was going to buy FM22, but I am cautiously hyped.

I can't wait for FM22. I can't help but smile when I see the SI staff rejoice and take pride in their work. People are quick to complain without realising the amount of work that goes in to making the game.

Roll on next month! :onmehead:

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

Have you guys ever watched press conferences of any sport? It's the same questions worded differently every single time

So maybe it's time to break from realism with certain features in the interests of, you know, actually having fun.

I get the game's a simulation, that's good.  But if you're designing it (which I don't think they are) from the perspective of "well, these are deathly dull in real life, so we have to accurately model that in-game", then they're doing it wrong.

11 часов назад, masno сказал:

Well, before I was like you and expected big things from SI every year, but lets be honest, they can't change all the game in a year. Grab FM16 and then FM21 and look at the differences, they change the game little by little, developing everything until ready to be launched. If you don't think is worth it, simply skip this year and buy the next year, or the other, until you actually see the changes you want.

so we can pay little by little?)

23 minutes ago, forameuss said:

So maybe it's time to break from realism with certain features in the interests of, you know, actually having fun.

I get the game's a simulation, that's good.  But if you're designing it (which I don't think they are) from the perspective of "well, these are deathly dull in real life, so we have to accurately model that in-game", then they're doing it wrong.

Not only are they dull, they often times make no sense and are fit in without considering context. 

I have just been asked by the press whether I'm going to rest players against Real Madrid in the CL because of our league fixture with Bari. This is obviously absolutely bonkers. But FM just looks at it as >fixture congestion > ask about resting players.

Edited by WelshMourinho

I'm well aware that this is the first of many feature reveals, I imagine, but feels very underwhelming so far.

Understandably the changes to development under Covid would have restrained the potential for new features.

I'm just hopeful that there have been some tweaks to the UI. The matchday screen with the tablet was a mess in FM21 and the same can be said for any discussions with media or staff.

In my opinion the wide center back option could be a game changer if the AI managers will make use the role properly. Although FM 21 was so much better than FM 20 i found that in long term games the AI tended to overuse the 4 at the back formations like 4-2-3-1.

I hope that FM 22 is much more varied with how AI is using their tactical setups considering the addition of this much needed role.

Really nice to hear that there's now going to be a risk-reward payoff for high pressing tactics. I like playing pressing football and almost always use higher pressing but I feel I don't get punished enough even when playing with poorer teams. Hopefully this can increase the tactical variety in the game.

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

Interested to see the next video regarding the staff interactions and recruitment its an area of the game that feels way too robotic and totally disjointed in all honesty. Do we know when its being released?

Same. Interacting with staff is a massive part of a managers life, but in FM the way they interact with you is devoid of life. Hopefully it improves in FM22 and we can actually start to see them as "real people" instead of text boxes, just as we see our players as "real people".

Not a bad start. Looking forward for the data hub feature as it appears much cleaner. One thing still bugs me is whether the large empty space surrounding the 2D pitch is being reduced. 

Edited by hoddle1404
Typo

55 minutes ago, forameuss said:

If they can't make it interesting, I would just like the option to turn media handling off. They don't simulate absolutely every aspect of the football manager's job, I've been watching Sunderland Til I die recently and it was striking how Coleman felt it was part of his job to maintain relationships with the Chef and some of the other back office staff, he had to attend events with fans and a whole host of other stuff that would seem tedious if you boiled it down to a few repeated dialogue boxes in a computer game. It's time to make media management an option.

2 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

... which would mean that obsession for intense pressing will end. ...

Yeah, about that, modern European top level club football is all about the 'obsession for intense pressing' (and possession). There's a reason why players these days are (on average) massively fitter than their 80s counter-parts. In fact, the superiority of pressing systems in the game is probably something that it does well.  It's a bit ridiculous, but on the smaller championships you even see teams that do not have the players for it still using these intense pressing / possession systems (explained by the fact that poor managers copy, not create).

28 minutes ago, Smiggs said:

If they can't make it interesting, I would just like the option to turn media handling off. They don't simulate absolutely every aspect of the football manager's job, I've been watching Sunderland Til I die recently and it was striking how Coleman felt it was part of his job to maintain relationships with the Chef and some of the other back office staff, he had to attend events with fans and a whole host of other stuff that would seem tedious if you boiled it down to a few repeated dialogue boxes in a computer game. It's time to make media management an option.

It is an option.  You can delegate it to another member of staff.

Although, I'm guessing what you actually want is an option to be free from the consequences of media interaction.

3 hours ago, janrzm said:

i would like to tell my staff member who is in charge of loans to extend a loan. I like to be hands off with negotiation for added difficulty but I always find myself having to extend loans myself…

2 hours ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Really looking forward to this years version they have actually worked on dribbling and other big changes in the 3d match like the new animation engine. Data hub looks much better than the old team report.

I’m looking forward to playing around in the Data Hub and seeing what the new visualisations are. I hope the old squad depth screen received a better visualisation and treatment, as well as better player to player comparison. 

4 hours ago, DarJ said:

Yeah you nailed it. How hard is to write 10 variation od the same question, along with variation of each answer? Under the hood all questions and answers will have same effect as now it just the wording is different.

Not that hard for a copywriter or a content writer.

36 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Yeah you nailed it. How hard is to write 10 variation od the same question, along with variation of each answer? Under the hood all questions and answers will have same effect as now it just the wording is different.

And how much does that actually add?  What does that really achieve?  

Excellent video.  I'm particularly excited to use the new data hub, which is a lot cleaner and easier to read than the old one.  I think more people will use the data hub when they can get understandable information from it.

I do have some sympathy with those who want better press interactions.  Responding to the same questions time and again is really frustrating, and the overall effect of press interactions seems to be pretty marginal.  I think it would be better to see a variety of public interactions aside from the press conferences.

Overall, though, even if they don't improve press conferences and the like with this version, these developments are very positive.  I doubt this will put an end to the plug-and-play tactic concept; however, the data enhancements should at least provide some incentive to start fiddling around with things yourself and try to put together a system that works with the players you have.  Football Manager has been gradually progressing from a predictable, somewhat binary game over the years to a complex game with a lot of variables and a lot of interesting options.

15 hours ago, pukfm said:

I have played football manager (championship manager) for over 20 years, and skipped last years version for first time, and i think i will do it again this year! What a shame.

You missed a great game.

FM21's match engine is so good that I couldn't bring myself to continue FM20 projects that I had previously begun.  There's a huge difference in quality between the two games.

Based on this preview video, I strongly suspect that FM22 will represent a similar huge leap in match engine quality over FM21.  The dribbling animations are stellar.

1 hour ago, Powermonger said:

I’m looking forward to playing around in the Data Hub and seeing what the new visualisations are. I hope the old squad depth screen received a better visualisation and treatment, as well as better player to player comparison. 

Yeah I agree i don't really like where it compares the hole team instead of just the first team player's ect.

13 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

Would love to see something around manager AI. Different types of managers, better squad management. Etc. 

Also more variation in player development. Too easy to spot great talent. Too many become too good, too quickly. And then too many players are done at 30 with physical attributes falling off a cliff. 

That is one of the main things i wanted to see, better AI decisions, and a better variety of tactics and squad management from the AI. 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

5 hours ago, DarJ said:

If they don't do that this year then I'm 90% sure it's going to be next year because they have re worked or touched on most aspects of the game recently apart from that 

Since setting up set piece takes so much time right now, getting into saves is really hard for me, since I have a high failure rate with saves, anyway. Speeding up set piece creation by making them player, and not position-dependent would help me get over failures faster.

5 minutes ago, Bunkerossian said:

Since setting up set piece takes so much time right now, getting into saves is really hard for me, since I have a high failure rate with saves, anyway. Speeding up set piece creation by making them player, and not position-dependent would help me get over failures faster.

Making them player dependent would be a  simple change (i think) but massively improve set pieces

5 hours ago, forameuss said:

If you don't like doing press conferences, delegate to your assistant. I enjoy them, and I'm sure I'm not on my own

1 hour ago, Daniel Evensen said:

You missed a great game.

FM21's match engine is so good that I couldn't bring myself to continue FM20 projects that I had previously begun.  There's a huge difference in quality between the two games.

Based on this preview video, I strongly suspect that FM22 will represent a similar huge leap in match engine quality over FM21.  The dribbling animations are stellar.

FM21 is my favourite game, and I have played since the 96/97 edition of CM2

34 minutes ago, Cueboy_3143 said:

If you don't like doing press conferences, delegate to your assistant. I enjoy them, and I'm sure I'm not on my own

I do delegate them.  But you're always going to have to balance the negatives for doing it that way.  I'd rather they actually tackled whether it was actually enjoyable to most rather than shrugging and saying "just don't do it then".

8 hours ago, Zemahh said:

3KdgOhw.jpg

These are some pretty big words right there... Either this will be one of the biggest match engine changes in the recent years, or this picture will be used as a meme when your usual downloaded tactic with maxed out lines still absolutely rolls the AI. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic, because I've heard and read it all before.

For me this is music to my ears. I have a big issue with plug and play tactics. Dominating a league campaign with one tactic. Not adapting and making changes mid game. One tactic wins all.

I get it, some players dont have much free time and want to plug in a tactic and away they go. Win with ease, fair play. Maybe there should be an option at the start of a save, ticking a box for a casual gamer to be successful with one tactic?? AI difficulty level?? (if you know what I mean) Who knows. Personally, countering the gegenpress, switching and changing your tactics to face different oppositions every week, home and away, starting with a low block, different mentality, managing a football team on a game by game basis, yes thats what I want. 

Good video SI. Im in for FM22. Would be lost without it. 

7 hours ago, Nicenoise said:

so we can pay little by little?)

Yes, if you look around you can buy the game for 30 pounds or 35 euros. Divided by the hours you'll be playing it won't even be one penny an hour. 

4 hours ago, FM1000 said:

Yeah I mean all you then need to do is translate it into 19 languages for every single one. :D 

1 minute ago, Ampalaea4 said:

@XaWI ve looked for it and couldnt find it... but if thats the case I apologize.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/557159-football-manager-2022-teaser-trailer/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-13267256

Here it is. We don't remove opinions, only things that goes against the rules, and your last post here did, so I removed it.

Really enjoyed the video and extremely pleased that wide central defender role has now been included. I had success with 3 central defender tactic in FM21 but the lack of a wide centre back role made it impossible to replicate Chelsea tactic under Tuchel; Rudiger occasionally going on surging runs towards opposition box and “Dave” getting forward and putting in crosses etc. Hopefully the new role will enable me to get my defenders to do these things in FM22.

Hopefully SI will ensure that teams playing 3 at the back systems in real life also largely play such a system in FM22. Chelsea have played 3 at the back consistently since Tuchel arrived and I would expect the AI to deploy a 3 at the back tactic in FM22 with Tuchel as their manager. In FM21 Tuchel’s preferred formation was set as 433 DM Wide - this will,presumably, need to be changed to a 3 at the back formation for FM22 by SI…. Fingers crossed that “small” changes like this are not overlooked in FM22… 

Looking good so far….

Edited by mhaffy