Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RHKC said:

I have raised in the bugs forum that we can't switch between tactics and team talks at half time and I have so far been ignored :confused:

Please tell me this is a known issue and will be resolved? It's so annoying making a half time substitution but then being unable to give the oncoming player an individual talk :thdn:

Especially if the game goes to extra time like the FA Cup where you get the fourth sub. You can't change the tactics before the team talk. You can only do it afterwards.

5 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Does the Brexit change require a new save?  If not, how will it interact with an existing DeBrexit fix?  

Brexit work permit rules are save game compatible. So the rules will change in existing saves.

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Brexit work permit rules are save game compatible. So the rules will change in existing saves.

After some more thought - it shouldn't matter anyway if the rules change - the deBrexit fixes remove the rule so Brexit never happens. Should only affect saves that actually have a Brexit.

Edited by rp1966

My suggestion is to start a new save no matter what, especially if you have installed something from the workshop, as you risk to see something weird when you're years into the save. Some users already reported on steam it was breaking schedules for u18/u23 teams anyway.

16 minutos atrás, LolloViola disse:

My suggestion is to start a new save no matter what, especially if you have installed something from the workshop, as you risk to see something weird when you're years into the save. Some users already reported on steam it was breaking schedules for u18/u23 teams anyway.

I second this. Starting a new save.

14 minutes ago, Boydy9 said:

After saying I was done after last year I read the beta feedback thread and was pulled back in by the ME reviews which was the single biggest disaster last year, after launch while the feedback changed slightly it still encouraged me enough to go ahead and try FM21 again. Feedback based on about 15 hour of play for what it's worth:

• The match - The ME is a massive improvement in my limited time using it, much more varied in terms of goals and play
    Does my Assistant need to remind me every 5 minutes that a player is out of position deliberately because i am retraining him to that position ? SUre I can ignore him but he just chimes in with the same opinion thee next game.
    What happened to the timeline ? Is it so unrealistic to want to look back at a specific highlight during the game ?
    Making tactical changes and subs takes longer than before, why can't I just do a quick swap rather than going into tactics  ? (possibly I've missed an easy way to do this)
    I feel as I'm watching match highlights I have little control over rather than managing a team, not sure if this makes sense but it just feels like I have no real insight than someone who is just watching a game.

I think that is very well put @Boydy9

I'm going to go with a Brighton save again, so with club expectations of avoiding the drop in 2020/21, I am going to assume I can do that and not worry too much about the results and instead work on the tactic and deciding on players to develop/sell, so needing the fine detail to tweak in match to get results, I can get away with not having this season.

But I think your description is great. In FM20 I can quickly get to the opposition instructions screen, quickly check passing combinations, and other things that enable me to make 'real-time' informed changes. In FM21, you can see stats at 1/2 time but that's it. I get what they are trying to do, but having the stats available at all times is what mitigates it for us not really being at a match watching every second, because yes... this is a video game and comprehensive highlights is what I have time for, not watching 50+ full matches a season.

I do get that feeling that I am along for the ride as a spectator and I hope that changes with updates in a patch or my approach can change (which it shouldn't have to) to embrace how matches are presented to us, the 'managers'.

29 minutes ago, Boydy9 said:

After saying I was done after last year I read the beta feedback thread and was pulled back in by the ME reviews which was the single biggest disaster last year, after launch while the feedback changed slightly it still encouraged me enough to go ahead and try FM21 again. Feedback based on about 15 hour of play for what it's worth:

• The skin - not having more than one available was poor especially when the only one had a big white window which contrasted so much - I did download a user made one to resolve this but should I have to go hunting for something which doesn't hurt the eyes ?

• The UI - My god what a disaster, change after change for what only can be changes sake. Press conferences were bad before so I'm amazed that there seems to have been a concerted effort to make them worse by presenting them in this way on the screen. To compound this by using the same style in team meetings etc makes me think whoever designed and signed off on this doesn't actually play the game.
    Half time and full time team talks, can i not just see easily how my ramblings went down rather than having to look at each single player in turn ? and don't start me on the gestures which are a complete waste of time.

• Condition/Match Sharpness - I get that it's more realistic to not use percentages but if you change something please provide some context on what the new symbols mean. I've had players in good condition with sharpness going down, poor condition with sharpness going down and other scenarios which don't seem to be dependent on if a player is playing games or not - a mess

• XG - Ok ok it's a new feature and you want to promote but to use it in this degree is overkill. It seems to be the single most important number in the game now, more than passes, possession, shots,  chances etc - I'm not against  new way of analysing games but tone it down a bit. Every during and post match summary is all about XG being good or bad, telling me my team played very well because of a high XG is meaningless and just annoying.

• The match - The ME is a massive improvement in my limited time using it, much more varied in terms of goals and play
    Does my Assistant need to remind me every 5 minutes that a player is out of position deliberately because i am retraining him to that position ? SUre I can ignore him but he just chimes in with the same opinion thee next game.
    What happened to the timeline ? Is it so unrealistic to want to look back at a specific highlight during the game ?
    Making tactical changes and subs takes longer than before, why can't I just do a quick swap rather than going into tactics  ? (possibly I've missed an easy way to do this)
    I feel as I'm watching match highlights I have little control over rather than managing a team, not sure if this makes sense but it just feels like I have no real insight than someone who is just watching a game.

Overall - I don't like the game, sorry but I just don't.

It looks terrible, really bad. New features are at best confusing at worst pointless. Everything that made FM good previously seems to have been changed all in the name of change. But the single biggest issue is I feel so detached from the game and my team.

The first 10-15 hours should be the most immersing time in the game, building a team, a tactic, getting used to the payers and the club. Not in FM21 I was bored, I felt on the outside looking in, hard to explain but I don't feel like I'm managing and it's not fun.

Maybe I should give it longer but then again if it was any game but FM I wouldn't have given it this long - either way I assume I won't get a refund from Steam as I've played more than 2 hours but I've uninstalled and asked for one. If I don't I may try again in about 6 months to see if its any better or I may not

You have some good points.. but for me the ME is a game breaker.

The ME is so good that I can take the disaster UI and still enjoy the game

33 minutes ago, Boydy9 said:

• Making tactical changes and subs takes longer than before, why can't I just do a quick swap rather than going into tactics  ? (possibly I've missed an easy way to do this)

Yep, right click on the player along the bottom of the screen for quick subs, individual shouts & role changes 

3 hours ago, StewG said:

I've noticed this since the full game launched. It was there on Beta. Is this a known issue or are we both suffering collective blindness? Love the game by the way.

Hoping a bug, its only small thing but just enjoy replays sloqed, is my only real gripe with game, the more I play am enjoying it more

Getting rather sick of moments like these. Defenders just blatantly vacating positions. Why is Lindelof on the edge of the area? Why is Wan-Bissaka there too? Lindelof doesn't seem to have any instruction at all that he needs to get back to defend.

Why is the entire team so deformed and erratic??? It's not a counter attack so there was plenty time to get back into shape. There was absolutely no reason that Lindelof and Wan-Bissaka or Maguire(Right, 5) should be where they are. Telles and Fred are on top of the same player ffs.

Capture.thumb.PNG.6a5e3021d747fac89298dc1301f6d98f.PNG

There seems to be a genuine problem with reactions, in that most of everything seems to happen after the ball has already been played or the phase has already ended. In another match, I watched a ball bounce twice in between my centre backs, them still continuing to move in the opposite direction, and a player rush past them onto the ball, and only then did they start running in the direction of the ball, by which it is too late. 

These types of errors have been very prevalent in my save so far.

33 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

After the latest patch, what happened in Scotland concerning Brexit? What rules will apply there?

The same ones that applied before the patch, I'd imagine, since the Scottish FA haven't announced their new work permit rules yet. However, it's looking like things might not be great for Scotland, as they likely won't be able to be as flexible with their work permits as they used to be.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-eye-premier-league-23100524

I don't see any noticeable difference in the new patch regarding newgens. I paused my save when I found out about this bug, and did a simulation for a little bit over a year to see for myself. I now simluated little bit over a year again after the patch and the difference is really small.

The same countries that had zero newgens both year one and year two before the patch still have zero both years (mostly countries in Africa). The file is in early September so I have two intakes from Africa (even though many countries have moved from October to April).

Finland (view-only) had zero newgens in before the patch. after the patch they had a whooping four newgens (all in the same club). Iceland went from zero to thirteen, also all of them in the same club.

Edited by 1891

Hello

My friends have created an online mode. However, we found that we can not watch other live match if we versus other ai team/user team. In FM2020, there should have a button to enter and watch friends live match. But we found that the button currently only suit for specific match in FM2021, not all the match is appeared with the button. Please let me know is this feature already disabled for watch other players live match.

Thanks

8,000 players in 4 years time really is alarming. Can someone from SI please respond to this? Cause they do mention in the bug thread that the issue is still around for longer games, specifically 10+, but to lose 9% of the game population in just 4 years is certainly game breaking. 

A real shame, cause I've been holding off my start until the hotfix arrived and thought today would've been the day..

hace 2 minutos, Pav_Makarov dijo:

Imagine how bad was FM 20, that we all are happy with one of the most bugged release ever, lol

It is not the most bugged release ever. This is also an incredibly complex game wiht a lot of moving parts released in the middle of a pandemic and while the world of football is significantly changing. Expecting no bugs is simply unrealistic.

Hi,

im no spring chicken and have been playing football manager games since the zx spectrum days. Every management game that came out I bought thats my thing. Dont play much else. Now FM has obviously improved massively throughout the years but for me its slowed down. Every year new features are added but if i am brutaly honest most are not required. For me polish up all the good features and make the ME much better, its not improving enough. Thungs like diving headers, excuse me if not the case  but have not seen one in all the timebi have played. Loads of other things that i feel could add to a better ME, im not expecting Fifa graphics but it needs to be better than it is. Still love playing the game so dont get me wrong but improvevthe important things and i feel it could be amazing.

25 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Imagine how bad was FM 20, that we all are happy with one of the most bugged release ever, lol

I think my opinion is not very popular here but in my opinion FM 20 ME wasnt so bad.. my biggest down site on it was the lack of play from central areas.. 

But of course FM 21 ME is far more better, i hope in the future the UI will be better

5 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Was this issue fixed? 

Im talking about the 1) scouting issues. Especially for the AI as https://community.sigames.com/topic/531862-brexit-in-fm21/?do=findComment&comment=12796040 mentioned here. Wouldnt be fun to see the AI completely mess up squad building with brexit.  

The new work permit rules are so lenient that squad building will almost be the same as before. So basically there shouldnt be any issues. I havent tested it myself yet though

17 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

It is not the most bugged release ever. This is also an incredibly complex game wiht a lot of moving parts released in the middle of a pandemic and while the world of football is significantly changing. Expecting no bugs is simply unrealistic.

To be fair, I've been playing since CM4 and I would agree that this is the most bugged release ever. Every single time I load up the game I run into a new bug, it's got to the point where I can't even bring myself to log every bug that I come across because there's so many.

35 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

I never expected no bugs, but the game is filled with ton of small ones. Like right now I went to player's instructions from the lower bar to check if I've given him shoot more often instryction. It was not ticket, so I ticked it. But "ok" button was greyed out. I went to his instructions throug team tactics and boom, it's there. Small and not critical, but it's there and there are dozens of them.

I respect the point of view, that devs should be given a pass due to covid, but I also see no point in turning blind eye

49 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

To be fair, I've been playing since CM4 and I would agree that this is the most bugged release ever. Every single time I load up the game I run into a new bug, it's got to the point where I can't even bring myself to log every bug that I come across because there's so many.

Well that must be a lie nothing was more bugged then CM03/04

2 hours ago, huesey1974 said:

Hi,

im no spring chicken and have been playing football manager games since the zx spectrum days. Every management game that came out I bought thats my thing. Dont play much else. Now FM has obviously improved massively throughout the years but for me its slowed down. Every year new features are added but if i am brutaly honest most are not required. For me polish up all the good features and make the ME much better, its not improving enough. Thungs like diving headers, excuse me if not the case  but have not seen one in all the timebi have played. Loads of other things that i feel could add to a better ME, im not expecting Fifa graphics but it needs to be better than it is. Still love playing the game so dont get me wrong but improvevthe important things and i feel it could be amazing.

The thing is that if they will not add new features - they will not be able to sell new game.
If they say "we polished all of the stuff to perfection" - then its just a patch to game. Not a new game.
In every long time living game, specially MMO like Lineage 2 and WoW, you can see that there is some level where amount of features are great enough and the game is awesome.
But more and more stuff is added to a game, to get new players, until it become complete garbage. Hopefully FM will not fall into such category.

Edited by 4football

Hi,

Purchased the Touch game on my new Ipad 4 Air & love it.

However started my career off with Arsenal and had great preseason however really struggling to win my first 4 games.

Lost 3-0 to Liverpool in the Community Shield.

More updates to come shortly.

15 minutes ago, OLI89G said:

Hi,

Purchased the Touch game on my new Ipad 4 Air & love it.

However started my career off with Arsenal and had great preseason however really struggling to win my first 4 games.

Lost 3-0 to Liverpool in the Community Shield.

More updates to come shortly.

Hi, welcome to the forums- this thread is more for general feedback about the new game- if you want to provide ongoing updates on your own save, these can be posted in this thread:https://community.sigames.com/forum/60-fm-career-updates/

7 ore fa, Boydy9 ha scritto:

• The skin - not having more than one available was poor especially when the only one had a big white window which contrasted so much - I did download a user made one to resolve this but should I have to go hunting for something which doesn't hurt the eyes ?

• The UI - My god what a disaster, change after change for what only can be changes sake. Press conferences were bad before so I'm amazed that there seems to have been a concerted effort to make them worse by presenting them in this way on the screen. To compound this by using the same style in team meetings etc makes me think whoever designed and signed off on this doesn't actually play the game.
    Half time and full time team talks, can i not just see easily how my ramblings went down rather than having to look at each single player in turn ? and don't start me on the gestures which are a complete waste of time.

• Condition/Match Sharpness - I get that it's more realistic to not use percentages but if you change something please provide some context on what the new symbols mean. I've had players in good condition with sharpness going down, poor condition with sharpness going down and other scenarios which don't seem to be dependent on if a player is playing games or not - a mess

• XG - Ok ok it's a new feature and you want to promote but to use it in this degree is overkill. It seems to be the single most important number in the game now, more than passes, possession, shots,  chances etc - I'm not against  new way of analysing games but tone it down a bit. Every during and post match summary is all about XG being good or bad, telling me my team played very well because of a high XG is meaningless and just annoying.

Overall - I don't like the game, sorry but I just don't.

It looks terrible, really bad. New features are at best confusing at worst pointless. Everything that made FM good previously seems to have been changed all in the name of change. But the single biggest issue is I feel so detached from the game and my team.

The first 10-15 hours should be the most immersing time in the game, building a team, a tactic, getting used to the payers and the club. Not in FM21 I was bored, I felt on the outside looking in, hard to explain but I don't feel like I'm managing and it's not fun.

Maybe I should give it longer but then again if it was any game but FM I wouldn't have given it this long - either way I assume I won't get a refund from Steam as I've played more than 2 hours but I've uninstalled and asked for one. If I don't I may try again in about 6 months to see if its any better or I may not

The un started from FM20 a bad habit: trasform UI in a useless clickfest. FM19, i want to promote a U19 player to first team: U19 (1 click), player (1 click), move to (1 click). Total =3 clicks.

FM20/21: development (1), U19 (2), team (3), player (4), move to (5). 5 clicks. 

Try to modify your tactic during a match in FM21: you have to click a lot.

Also: useless features.

You perfectly sum up the xg, but look at new features: 

Young intake informations: good, but... What i have to do with this? It's too late to change my january market strategy! 

Development: a horrible clickfest. It was so simple when you could select report in U19 screen. Now you have to (not choose, have to) open the development screen only to search your U19 players. 

Edited by RioImmagina