Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

As a Scottish football fan I play the Scottish leagues specifically.  I don’t play any other leagues.  One of the most jarring things this past year is how unrealistic the game has been.  Celtic are ranked the best in the country despite Rangers having an invincible season last year, and winning the league be 20+ points.  This season Celtic are mid table and once again struggling badly.  I can only hope the in game stats reflect this this time.  Rangers should be ranked as the best team in Scotland by some margin.  Let the game reflect the reality.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

As a Scottish football fan I play the Scottish leagues specifically.  I don’t play any other leagues.  One of the most jarring things this past year is how unrealistic the game has been.  Celtic are ranked the best in the country despite Rangers having an invincible season last year, and winning the league be 20+ points.  This season Celtic are mid table and once again struggling badly.  I can only hope the in game stats reflect this this time.  Rangers should be ranked as the best team in Scotland by some margin.  Let the game reflect the reality.  

Celtic will be OP like they have been every year. Researcher issue every time.

6 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Celtic will be OP like they have been every year. Researcher issue every time.

I thought the January update for FM21 would fix the imbalance (Given Rangers were about 12 points ahead with 3 games in hand).  No joy.  I remember expressing concern on here and someone said ‘it could just be bad form’.  Sorry, but for is a run of 5 games.  Celtic haven’t been able to win an Old Firm game for two years and are miles off it - They have been for over a year.  

This season Celtic are mid table in the SPFL after 8 games.  Their worst start to a domestic season in decades.  In Europe, Celtic have conceded 8 goals in 2 games, and will probably concede 15-20 goals by the time the group finishes.  Yet, their team will no doubt be equal to that of Rangers when FM22 releases.  

It’s frustrating to say the least.  

Team strength is a lot about reputation and whilst reputation will go up and down based on a season's success or failure, it is a rolling 5 year ( I think) number so it does take some time and consistent success to make major changes that will have a noticeable effect.  Celtic's success in recent seasons ( which was a lot) will still be taking effect and Rangers lack of success will also be still taking affect.  It is not a 1 year immediate reaction.

19 minutes ago, bahmet said:

How does going on vacation affect team training? Still, I'm the best coach on the team.

I doubt that the code would be written in such a way as to recognise when a coach goes on holiday, so I would say that it would not make any difference at all.

Does anyone know why my Scouting Centre isn't showing asking price when sorted by List rather than Cards?

For example, this player is available for €575K. However, if you switch to List view, there's no MAX AP shown, as if the club was unwilling to sell. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Seems quite inconvenient for people that prefer List view.

rfXkKsD.png

HwLeSvl.png

2 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Does anyone know why my Scouting Centre isn't showing asking price when sorted by List rather than Cards?

For example, this player is available for €575K. However, if you switch to List view, there's no MAX AP shown, as if the club was unwilling to sell. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Seems quite inconvenient for people that prefer List view.

rfXkKsD.png

HwLeSvl.png

I thought Max Ap was only for players that had a known value cost (whether that be some kind of clause or an explicit value they were transfer listed for).

Estimates from your scout, wouldn't be included, unless that 575k is for some kind of clause/listing value.

On 15/10/2021 at 16:52, CaptCanuck said:

Estimates from your scout, wouldn't be included, unless that 575k is for some kind of clause/listing value.

Yes, I was under the impression MAX AP would just show the maximum ESTIMATED COST, but that's clearly not the case. :(

Didn't get past day0 until late this summer and have managed to corrupt all my saves, so this year only managed around 200hrs, but for what it's worth, the best FM so far, I really enjoy the data and look forward to the improved data hub

As FM22 is approaching, a few words on FM21:

After a while it is by far the most enjoyable FM from the last years. It was fun to experiment in it and develop individual styles. Not to mention that it somehow feels much faster than previous versions; even my potato of a laptop that shouldn't have been able to run FM17 back in the days, could comfortably load 13+ leagues and run smoothly for many years.

As for roles, I continued to use some more rare roles and find good usages for them. Maybe next year the RMD will get another shot; such impact roles are fun to tinker with and grow in development! Tactically, I learned to value compactness and regained my love for wide playmakers and combinations of two central ones. In training I finally found my groove and gained quite a few young gems this way.

For the time I put in the game, I achieved more than in the last versions were pretty quickly I had found what I wanted and became rather complacent, mostly just going for the numbers.

However, there were two big downsides:

1) Between the Corona-Schedule and Qatar, the first few seasons are just packed, especially when playing in continental competitions. It leaves little spaces for training, regeneration, or just progressing the game. Months with 7-9 games after each other were commonplace which is just a slog for people like me who thrive on general development. Sadly this resulted in me starting way fewer games than last year because the early phases sometimes are too much. Only after everything returns to normal, the game really feels like football to me.

Sadly that resulted in me only clocking in half the time I had in 19 and 20 but on the flipside whenever I had a save running, there were huge chunks of playing time at once! Never have I ever wished for a real-life clock ingame to better keep track on when "just one more week" is one week too much!

2) Sometimes it feels like the game's feedback runs on a different platform than the actual ME. Inspired by some trends in real life and a newfound love for old classics, I started playing a 352 without wingbacks. At season's end I conceded the least shots (ending around 6/game) and had the second lowest xG against. Yet every single game at least half the squad is crying that the formation could expose us at the back? Reality says otherwise!

• 3 weeks later...

The reviews for this game remind me of Madden, where the reviewers were lagging almost a decade behind the popular opinion, and only in the last few years have they started saying: "Hey! Actually, there is no improvement at all!"
Before that, it was always the shallow, amateurish reviews where it felt like they found the most inexperienced person to do it.

On 18/10/2021 at 07:28, Piperita said:

As FM22 is approaching, a few words on FM21:

After a while it is by far the most enjoyable FM from the last years. It was fun to experiment in it and develop individual styles. Not to mention that it somehow feels much faster than previous versions; even my potato of a laptop that shouldn't have been able to run FM17 back in the days, could comfortably load 13+ leagues and run smoothly for many years.

As for roles, I continued to use some more rare roles and find good usages for them. Maybe next year the RMD will get another shot; such impact roles are fun to tinker with and grow in development! Tactically, I learned to value compactness and regained my love for wide playmakers and combinations of two central ones. In training I finally found my groove and gained quite a few young gems this way.

For the time I put in the game, I achieved more than in the last versions were pretty quickly I had found what I wanted and became rather complacent, mostly just going for the numbers.

However, there were two big downsides:

1) Between the Corona-Schedule and Qatar, the first few seasons are just packed, especially when playing in continental competitions. It leaves little spaces for training, regeneration, or just progressing the game. Months with 7-9 games after each other were commonplace which is just a slog for people like me who thrive on general development. Sadly this resulted in me starting way fewer games than last year because the early phases sometimes are too much. Only after everything returns to normal, the game really feels like football to me.

Sadly that resulted in me only clocking in half the time I had in 19 and 20 but on the flipside whenever I had a save running, there were huge chunks of playing time at once! Never have I ever wished for a real-life clock ingame to better keep track on when "just one more week" is one week too much!

2) Sometimes it feels like the game's feedback runs on a different platform than the actual ME. Inspired by some trends in real life and a newfound love for old classics, I started playing a 352 without wingbacks. At season's end I conceded the least shots (ending around 6/game) and had the second lowest xG against. Yet every single game at least half the squad is crying that the formation could expose us at the back? Reality says otherwise!

Agree the calendar wrecked 21 for me. I was hoping they would put a normal calendar up. Playing FM certainly wasn't compatible with being reminded about the NCIP Virus 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

Early days but I feel that the ME is a downgrade from FM21, it seems to have gone back to the crossing and set pieces simulator that FM20 was...

Sorry, but I don’t want strikerless domination from FM21. If you don’t want set pieces goals create something which not take advance of this and make a routine which is defend properly (aka zone marking set piece).