Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BeadyRoller said:

Cannot believe the Match Engine has largely been untouched. So disappointing.

Maybe, but it's probably better to put small changes out so that people can see the effect before the next one rather a whole raft of changes that leave players not knowing which may have changed the way the ME is playing, 

Anyway, can't really comment yet as I'm FMT and it doesn't look like we're getting the new db until after the weekend ... after the weekend! :(

4 minutes ago, BeadyRoller said:

Cannot believe the Match Engine has largely been untouched. So disappointing.

I am not in the same boat with you. Happy to see 20.3 has fix so many faults (big or small doesn't matter) within the game. I was in verge to uninstall the game for that bugs.

ME can change in 20.3.1 

44 minutes ago, GuitarMan said:

however the majority of changes and fixes are save game compatible meaning you’re fine to continue any pre-existing save.

Can this be more specific please? What could the changes be that are not save compatible?

27 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Can someone from the development team can tell us if there will  be any changes to the  ME in the  next  database update  ?

Surely this means changes to the ME?

Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches

As vague as that sounds, it must mean changes to the ME? Right?? Otherwise what was the point of the update? Players haven't been complaining on here hour after hour of wanting to see the January transfers. It would be a bit of kick in the teeth if so. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb saihtam:

Can this be more specific please? What could the changes be that are not save compatible?

Usually everything that is related to competitions rules.

1 minute ago, saihtam said:

I have the same information as you that league rules and data changes (as per the first part of what you have quoted) will require a new save. 

In general any other change will be save game compatible. 

1 minute ago, glenjamin said:

Surely this means changes to the ME?

Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches

As vague as that sounds, it must mean changes to the ME? Right?? Otherwise what was the point of the update? Players haven't been complaining on here hour after hour of wanting to see the January transfers. It would be a bit of kick in the teeth if so. 

Increased performance. Not changes. Is what I’m reading.

2 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

Still a week before we were expecting anything though surely, I was expecting an early March update (after the other windows close).

Ha, look at you with a glass half full :)

You're right it's just that delay between full and FMT that's crept in ... it grates.

20 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Surprised ? I'm not. The only thing i can not believe is how  less this Company cares about paying Customers. But guess what. Not gonna be one of em anymore . so long

You'll be back just like the rest of us.

For all concerned - I imagine there will be further ME updates in the February update that they have promised to release. This year is the most proactive SI have been when it comes to giving ME updates (we normally only get 3 a year). I'm no computer programmer/developer - but I imagine the ME isn't exactly simple to tweak/change.

Edited by Luizinho

13 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Its better for me but im running an m.2 ssd

Yeah must be. I’m just running on a standard 2013 macbook. But I had no issues with performance before, used to navigate easily and quickly. But now, everything takes a little longer to load up. Even when it was loading for a new save, it was setting up database and creating manager shortlists longer than usual

my worries is, it’s improved for the higher end computers and doing so, it’s messed up the performance for average computers 

player search is the big one though. When I’m selecting attributes it takes forever! I select one attribute and I can’t quickly select a next...I have to wait for the game to load players and it never used to do that before unless I’m far into a save full of regens

Edited by RDF Tactics

17 minutes ago, Jeff44 said:

can you tell me why Joe hardy is still with Brent ford when he is a Liverpool fc player he  Joined in January 2020 ????????

I don’t know, I’ll check it out but I asked for him to be added to the Liverpool DB. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff44 said:

can you tell me why Joe hardy is still with Brent ford when he is a Liverpool fc player he  Joined in January 2020 ????????

Maybe it's because you didn't start a new game with the 20.3 database loaded or perhaps because you have a conflicting editor data file loaded? He's there in my game:

F6LRsw7.png

cySf2gM.png

6 minutes ago, Jeff44 said:

when is the proper update out as you aint done owt to be honest a 5 year old could of done a better Job

I refer you to my above comment. Get your facts straight before slagging people off :brock:

1 minute ago, Cro-cop said:

Guys, does anyone else have a problem with home page panels? It switches back to default whenever i leave the page. Not sure if its connected to new update. Any solution to this?

Click on the little arrow and uncheck “Highlight important panels on overview”

Thanks to Neil and Lucas,  1366 768 screen resolution problems solved in this current patch. Set piece goals were also a problem for me which does seem to be a bit better. But maybe  AMC position still needs to be a bit better about influencing play and assists in central play. Deep CM playmaker seems much better at this with quick through balls from deep. As mentioned before maybe a code needed against a tight  constant defense, they should break at some point under pressure and make more mistakes.

7 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

There seems to be an issue with changing training blocks. For example, if my training block currently in place is from the 'Attacking' category, and I want to change it to something else, I can't. I can only change it to another block from the 'Attacking' category.

Ye my training schedules are all over the shop

13 minutes ago, Jeff44 said:

Didn't slag anyone off what so ever I was just saying about the update it had nothing to do with a player missing what so ever so if you read my 2 separate comments and get your faxes strait b4 you moan about mine 😁

If you can't see the problem with your post then that says a lot tbh. You didn't criticise anyone by name etc but it was still a post in poor taste and disregards the point made in the OP. You're not the first to randomly pop up in these threads with poor posts like that mind. 

Edited by craigcwwe