Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Administrators

We're extremely happy to be able to announce the release of the Official January Transfer Update, 20.3.0 which includes a whole host of changes as stated within our changelist

So as before, what better place for you to talk about it than our feedback thread here?

Before you do, just a few things to bear in mind:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. Help us to help you by giving details. 
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to agree with everyone, but take the time to read and respect their position.
  • Let everyone have their say. What we've found recently is a handful of the same users dictating and rather dominating the discussion. Please allow everyone to have their say and don't allow this thread to become an echo chamber.
  • Take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen a lot of posts focus on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

If you read the changelist you'll see there have been changes in this area. Thanks. 

Suppose this is the change.

-      Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Suppose this is the change.

-      Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches

No offence, but you've failed the QA test :D 

-  Improvements to player behaviour and instructions when defending set-pieces

-      Improvements to newgen generation with more realistic number of Inside Forwards and Ball-Winning Midfielders
-      Newgens more tailored for specific positions with better logic for player development

Of all the changes this is what I'm most hyped about. Newgens were a big turn off for me for many editions and it was the main reason I lost interest in a save after a couple seasons.

6 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Are arrow keys working for the inbox yet?

Up and down arrow keys have always worked with the inbox. But the screen focus has to be within the inbox list - so click on one item and then you can use the arrow keys to scroll up and down.

1 minute ago, warlock said:

Up and down arrow keys have always worked with the inbox. But the screen focus has to be within the inbox list - so click on one item and then you can use the arrow keys to scroll up and down.

I know. You didn't need to click on the inbox in previous versions.

• SI Staff
Just now, Nicke9000 said:

Anyone else notice lighting is much darker on newgens faces and the pitch in 2D?

The lighting of the pitch shouldn't have changed at all. Worth clearing your cache just in case but you might have just encountered a particularly dark match? If you think there's an issue after playing some more start a thread in the bugs forum and we'll have a look.

10 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I know. You didn't need to click on the inbox in previous versions.

It does seem to be fixed now but using the back arrow to move to a previous screen doesn't work anymore.

Spoke too soon. Up/Down arrows don't always work on the inbox screen.

Edited by frank_olaf

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, chad2192 said:

On the info page on Steam says that "The February Data update will follow shortly after the closure of the transfer window on February 29th." 

What is the February Data update?

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

Transfers. Some windows are still open, such as China. 

Yep, this. 

I updated and now i am missing my german lower leagues as well as the canadian leagues from the Workshop.

Maybe i would think the missing german lower leagues only would need a update but with the Canadian league missing as well i might think this is an unfortunate bug?

There seems to be an issue with changing training blocks. For example, if my training block currently in place is from the 'Attacking' category, and I want to change it to something else, I can't. I can only change it to another block from the 'Attacking' category.

Edited by frank_olaf

Just now, frank_olaf said:

There seems to be an issue with changing training blocks. For example, if my training block currently in place is from the 'Attacking' category, and I want to change it to something else, I can't. I can only change it to another block from the 'Attaching' category.

Sounds ominous... best to post this in the bug reporting section for it to be seen and checked..

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

This update screwed up training quick menu

20200220152233_1.jpg

I've let the UI team know and they're investigating. Stuff like this best to just raise it via the bugs forum please. 

Thanks! 

Just now, Fieldsy said:

Can’t wait to get home and update, hopefully central attacking and lone striker movement have been improved....

Nothing was mentioned in regards to this in the changelist. Not saying there's been no changes in this area but just that it wasn't mentioned that there was.

1 minute ago, frank_olaf said:

Are you right clicking to select a training block or using the list below the schedule? That still seems to work, it's just the right clicking that doesn't work for me.

I wasn't no but I've just checked via that method and yeah, it's messed up.