Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

Fair enough. It would be good if we were able to view the goals the same way we can in match analysis in the last 50 analysis, it's too big a sample size for me to remember them properly but the only reason I even went in to look at those stats was noticing the decrease in set piece goals (with similar scorelines).

I tend to score most of my goals from patient central play where one of my three midfielders finds the pass eventually (either out wide for cross or into a forward) against defensive teams but if I manage to catch them on the counter then a lot of the time it's either my lone forward or two inside forwards who run onto a ball through the defence and score. I'd expect it's more the second goals that are counted as through balls in addition to the more defence splitting pass for the highlight reels type through ball that I occasionally see in the first scenario. So it's like there is a combination of increased central play and through balls but not always from the same situations but the big difference is I am seeing less of the types of counter goals where it's just my wide players carrying the ball for ages and then either scoring themselves or crossing or just set piece goals.

I agree, maybe put that up as a feature request. Showing the goals from that assist screen or at least last 5-10 games from them. I don''t mind backing you up on that considering it helps alot analysing the games use and how well your team are doing in an area to how you play etc. 

Ive noticed that too, not so much bit happens. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add to the feedback already given.

Staff search. Attributes. Removed from drop down. Not a huge issue as can be reached elsewhere. But why? A bug? Hope it comes back from a purely habitual perspective.

Dark ME. Known issue. Just saying I see it too.

45 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

Fair enough. It would be good if we were able to view the goals the same way we can in match analysis in the last 50 analysis, it's too big a sample size for me to remember them properly but the only reason I even went in to look at those stats was noticing the decrease in set piece goals (with similar scorelines).

I tend to score most of my goals from patient central play where one of my three midfielders finds the pass eventually (either out wide for cross or into a forward) against defensive teams but if I manage to catch them on the counter then a lot of the time it's either my lone forward or two inside forwards who run onto a ball through the defence and score. I'd expect it's more the second goals that are counted as through balls in addition to the more defence splitting pass for the highlight reels type through ball that I occasionally see in the first scenario. So it's like there is a combination of increased central play and through balls but not always from the same situations but the big difference is I am seeing less of the types of counter goals where it's just my wide players carrying the ball for ages and then either scoring themselves or crossing or just set piece goals.

Yeah when i sit deep and play on the counter i get a through ball goal bonce in a while but on the counter. But when i push up i get 0. There is already a thread in the bugs forum about no through balls when opponent sits deep. 

To be fair in irl is hard to play through balls against opponent that sits deep only top teams can do it. Even Barcelona strugled against Inter, Chelsea and Att Madrid in the CL over the years. But those teams were perfect to sit deep. In this ME every team can defend as good as those teams even if you are Barcelona. That is the issue.

The amount of absolute piledrivers smashed in from 30 yards on the current ME is insane.

Both from myself and the AI, there is usually a goal of the season contender every game. Laser beams into the top corner every time.

Edited by OnePintWig

30 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I downloaded it already and this is amazing addition

But this is the responsibility of SI to make normal crowd colors and not gray and orange

How difficult that could be???

Well considering the update has been out for one whole working day, i'd probably say a fix this early on is pretty damn hard to get done no?

1 hour ago, FM1000 said:

Yeah when i sit deep and play on the counter i get a through ball goal bonce in a while but on the counter. But when i push up i get 0. There is already a thread in the bugs forum about no through balls when opponent sits deep. 

To be fair in irl is hard to play through balls against opponent that sits deep only top teams can do it. Even Barcelona strugled against Inter, Chelsea and Att Madrid in the CL over the years. But those teams were perfect to sit deep. In this ME every team can defend as good as those teams even if you are Barcelona. That is the issue.

I never sit deep, it's just when I win it back pressing, but yeah. For a few versions now I think that familiarity (both tactically and between team mates) is OP when it comes to how well the team plays aesthetically. When I get deep into saves with a consistent squad I always see much better play, particularly with HG players, and this goes all the way back to the 2D days. The through balls and general sexy football I am seeing is largely down to this guy and my main assist man is this guy. They both came through my youth academy in the same intake a decade ago so their familiarity is probably off the charts and most of the rest of my team has been around for ages as well because I am towards the end of my squad cycle.

Anyway I was only really posting to show that there has seemingly been some effect with the latest patch on set pieces being better defended and those set piece goals have been replaced with the types of goals that were previously lacking (even if the balance isn't quite right yet). Like I say, not claiming my experience trumps anyone else's.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb FranGELP22:

There is a way to make the trasfers in the real date they were confirmed? For example Haaland going to Borussia in January instead of starting at Borussia when you create a new save.

You can set it as a future transfer in the pre-game editor.

11 hours ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

I haven't really experienced the same. Playing with Hannover and it's been great, in fact, I haven't conceded a goal in competitive matches. Here are the stats, I rarely score from corners or free kicks. Enjoying the game at the moment, probably more because I am winning :D.

lmCuPtz.pngwrGZBzh.png3enRSDF.png

Would you mind showing goal types? I would be curious to see the amount of goals from headers you've had considering the amount of goals which have led from crosses.

2 hours ago, OnePintWig said:

The amount of absolute piledrivers smashed in from 30 yards on the current ME is insane.

Both from myself and the AI, there is usually a goal of the season contender every game. Laser beams into the top corner every time.

I have notice that. There is an increase in shots outside the box. There hitting some and there flying in from everywhere. Your right, there are quite a few of goal of contenders. 

29 minutes ago, FranGELP22 said:

And why not SI set it in that way, instead of making the players starting at their new club? it would make the game more realistic.

I was thinking this earlier and I agree, I think it would make things more true to life. Any chance of this ever being applied in this way in the future? 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

2 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I was thinking this earlier and I agree, I think it would make things more true to life. Any chance of this ever being applied in this way in the future? 

Nope... it gets discussed about 200 times a year... it's just not the way SI have ever or will do things by all accounts, and i prefer it how it is.

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Nope... it gets discussed about 200 times a year... it's just not the way SI have ever or will do things by all accounts, and i prefer it how it is.

Ah okay, it would only really work if you disabled the first transfer windows anyway, if not then you might have already spent that money then not be able to afford the future transfer. So after thinking about it, the current way does make more sense :thup:

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Ah okay, it would only really work if you disabled the first transfer windows anyway, if not then you might have already spent that money then not be able to afford the future transfer. So after thinking about it, the current way does make more sense :thup:

There are a few prominent custom database makers who do it that way though.. worth looking into for those who like them.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb BigV:

When reading it make sure you go back and see the goals, before the patch I had 9 and about 8 games in it went to 11/12 I think. I went back and watched those games and through balls can be counted as "over the top balls" where the defence was caught out more often than not. I'd also make sure they are through balls aswell as i've been suspicious if they have been recorded correctly (not fully proved). I had one the other day from a through ball and instant goal, it didn't count it so im wary of thinking it could be done vice versa. 

Glad you're getting them though, I've been trying different ways to get to do them but not had alot of look, even tried using 2 AP-S to do it and they provide more key passes which essentially are long/medium balls, weather you can count that as through balls is up to the game and the SI etc. 

I dont think they are recorded correctly, I think chaos in the box after corner goals count as through balls 

13 minutes ago, d d said:

I have notice that. There is an increase in shots outside the box. There hitting some and there flying in from everywhere. Your right, there are quite a few of goal of contenders. 

TBF it's been mentioned to Jack Joyce at SI, he pointed out on average 12% of goals in FM come from long range, with real life numbers being about 13%. So they are thereabouts, with it being a viable weapon if you're packing sharpshooters and that zone outside the box isn't being defended. Anecdotally I've noticed teams who sit very deep but don't use a DM to block that space can be susceptible to more goals than usual. 

7 hours ago, BigV said:

Honestly don't read the forums, make that decision for yourself, watch the games and analyse it with your own eyes and not another cause the bias makes you see there opinion rather than yours (even if its true). 

This. 

30 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

TBF it's been mentioned to Jack Joyce at SI, he pointed out on average 12% of goals in FM come from long range, with real life numbers being about 13%. So they are thereabouts, with it being a viable weapon if you're packing sharpshooters and that zone outside the box isn't being defended. Anecdotally I've noticed teams who sit very deep but don't use a DM to block that space can be susceptible to more goals than usual. 

So is the ME designed in a way that it tries to match up as closely to real life numbers then? Not saying I believe that is necessarily the case but just asking if you, as a mod knew that information. 

If so perhaps that's partly where the lack of central play and striker movement is coming from alongside the new defensive instructions that came about in the last FM. 

3 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

This. 

So is the ME designed in a way that it tries to match up as closely to real life numbers then? Not saying I believe that is necessarily the case but just asking if you, as a mod knew that information. 

If so perhaps that's partly where the lack of central play and striker movement is coming from alongside the new defensive instructions that came about in the last FM. 

No, it's not designed that way. But that's what it's putting out. 

The two things are not linked. Central play and and striker movement just haven't caught up with the better defensive patterns in game. 

32 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

I think that the number of headed goals is very high. Anyone have similar experience?

Not sure how many headers I score, however I do feel like a lot of chances are headed high & wide when it looks like it’d be easier to score.

34 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

I think that the number of headed goals is very high. Anyone have similar experience?

Most of the goals I’m seeing are with feet I would say. A fair few headers, but I’m not set up for those specifically. AI scores in a variety of ways against me too.

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

No, it's not designed that way. But that's what it's putting out. 

The two things are not linked. Central play and and striker movement just haven't caught up with the better defensive patterns in game. 

What I thought. 

Having gone back and forth with FM17/18/19/20 in recent weeks seeing how each performs from a ME perspective having played them all quite a bit over the years it's clearly easier from an attacking point of view in FM17 and 18 in comparison to FM19 and 20, coincidentally when the new defensive options came about so that makes sense. 

I think ultimately we've had to 'suffer' in a sense with the ME the last two versions whilst the defensive part of the game caught up, even overtaken the attacking play. Hopefully the attacking play will also get the required time and attention to bring that up to speed to balance it out nicely in future versions. 

Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

What I thought. 

Having gone back and forth with FM17/18/19/20 in recent weeks seeing how each performs from a ME perspective having played them all quite a bit over the years it's clearly easier from an attacking point of view in FM17 and 18 in comparison to FM19 and 20, coincidentally when the new defensive options came about so that makes sense. 

I think ultimately we've had to 'suffer' in a sense with the ME the last two versions whilst the defensive part of the game caught up, even overtaken the attacking play. Hopefully the attacking play will also get the required time and attention to bring that up to speed to balance it out nicely in future versions. 

Fingers crossed. 

While not perfect, the defensive changes have been so effective they have shown up the flaws in attack, they've always been there but now you really see it. And it's not an easy change, though I do see improvements. 

Since the update, my club overview profilemy club overview general and my club overview facilities pages are blank (no information on them at all) - anyone else getting this?

The club I'm managing appears fine, it's when I look at other clubs...

Edited by stevemc

vor 6 Minuten schrieb stevemc:

Since the update, my club overview profilemy club overview general and my club overview facilities pages are blank (no information on them at all) - anyone else getting this?

The club I'm managing appears fine, it's when I look at other clubs...

Deleting the cache and reloading the skin could help. If you are using a third party skin you should search for an update. 

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Deleting the cache and reloading the skin could help. If you are using a third party skin you should search for an update. 

It was the standard skin, just done this and it's worked, cheers

:thup:

I win the league but, despite some great matches, there are some aspects that I don't like. 

Central play. I made 3 season with the last ME patch and I see only 1 through ball, from my AM (trequartista or playmaker). 
I also try a test: I create and AM with 200 CA and 20 at vision, tech, pass, decision (and ppm killer ball often and others), with a striker 200CA. Well, in several matches, despite the available space (even if little, that's normal), the AM pass the ball always to the wide players that are always free.

19 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

I've contributed to and created threads on about 20 non-match engine issues for FM20. Some of them dating back to the beginning of November. To date none of them, not a single one has been fixed. Minor you may consider them but it still takes time and effort for me to create the threads and provide evidence. It is annoying when we are expected to report bugs and even when they are acknowledged and "under review" they are still not fixed after 4 months. I'll not bother reporting anything again in future.

Yeah, I feel for you Tiger, I'm doing no more either, just to gather a few PKMs, watching clips, rewatching clips, doing timestamps & a write up can take up to two hours of free time, I'm done  

I holidayed up to the new year with the Premier league in full detail yesterday, just looking at the player statistics, league table & watching goals from games & it just breaks the immersion for me. I did see some slick football & great goals but that accounted for about 5% of the goals being scored 

I'm just hoping we get one final patch :D

Just now, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I win the league but, despite some great matches, there are some aspects that I don't like. 

Central play. I made 3 season with the last ME patch and I see only 1 through ball, from my AM (trequartista or playmaker). 
I also try a test: I create and AM with 200 CA and 20 at vision, tech, pass, decision (and ppm killer ball often and others), with a striker 200CA. Well, in several matches, despite the available space (even if little, that's normal), the AM pass the ball always to the wide players that are always free.

I tried that little experiment last year & this, same thing :D

I think I’m done with FM20. I have bought and played every game since 2009 but this time it’s the worst ME I’ve ever seen. All 1v1’s are still straight at the keeper, almost every goal scored is a header, I have had a LOT of games now where I had about 30 shots, 15 on target, scoring one and my opponent scores one as well but from only two or three shots on target. Very frustrating. It’s not fun for me anymore, so I’m not playing at least until there’s an update and if the ME doesn’t change a lot, I’m definitely done for this year. The game outside of the ME is outstanding, but the bad thing is that the ME is far too important. Big shame, I really hope the known issues will be fixed this time but I don’t think so, because the ME has been almost the same everytime since the game was released now. 

51 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

It's taken me a long time to get a forward this good but my word is he turning it on for me. This was for his third of four in a 10-0 demolition of TP Mazembe in the CWC but that doesn't cheapen the moment for me one little bit. So good I actually found a workaround to upload it!

Lovely when it comes off ain't it, good job.

2 hours ago, hagedisboy said:

I think I’m done with FM20. I have bought and played every game since 2009 but this time it’s the worst ME I’ve ever seen. All 1v1’s are still straight at the keeper, almost every goal scored is a header, I have had a LOT of games now where I had about 30 shots, 15 on target, scoring one and my opponent scores one as well but from only two or three shots on target. Very frustrating. It’s not fun for me anymore, so I’m not playing at least until there’s an update and if the ME doesn’t change a lot, I’m definitely done for this year. The game outside of the ME is outstanding, but the bad thing is that the ME is far too important. Big shame, I really hope the known issues will be fixed this time but I don’t think so, because the ME has been almost the same everytime since the game was released now. 

Been thinking that this game needs new blood and ideas injected into it . ME has been complained about over the years and it can't seem to get it right . The top people in this franchise need to step aside and let some new people set new standards and ideas for this  franchise to continue . They have done a great job but there comes a time to move on as they have become stagnant . The ME is very important to this game and has been lacking every year with marginal improvements. We will get the same next year im sure ..  so for me anyways its new bosses , new staff , new ideas and a brand new fresh approach 

Edited by prot651

27 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Been thinking that this game needs new blood and ideas injected into it . ME has been complained about over the years and it can't seem to get it right . The top people in this franchise need to step aside and let some new people set new standards and ideas for this  franchise to continue . They have done a great job but there comes a time to move on as they have become stagnant . The ME is very important to this game and has been lacking every year with marginal improvements. We will get the same next year im sure ..  so for me anyways its new bosses , new staff , new ideas and a brand new fresh approach 

How is this useful feedback? (Admittedly, neither is my reply now, but...)

SI Boss : “Guys, we’re moving out. I’m sacking everyone, including myself.”

Staff : “Huh? Why?”

SI Boss : “Prot651 suggested it, and y’know, why wouldn’t I take that on board?”

Staff : “Okay. Fair enough.”

32 minutes ago, prot651 said:

So what you're saying is, the current staff responsible for the ME should be sacked/resign? :rolleyes: