Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be missing something here, but why can't we start the upcoming seasons in the norwegian and swedish leagues yet with the 20.3 update?

norw.thumb.jpg.c204a9d27eba3d38c1d11329bfe7c0fe.jpg

EDIT: It works now that I removed the USA league, I have no idea why tho.

Edited by zindrinho
Found a way, however strange it may have been

1 hour ago, Fieldsy said:

So the pertinent question for SI is there later data update - will it include ME changes or is this it? If it is, fine but at least many will know whether to start the career game or wait.....

There will be another update with the final transfer window moves.  It is unclear if there will be any further ME changes, but if there are, I suspect that they wont be major and may be some minor adjustments

8 hours ago, glenjamin said:

Surely this means changes to the ME?

Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches

As vague as that sounds, it must mean changes to the ME? Right?? Otherwise what was the point of the update? Players haven't been complaining on here hour after hour of wanting to see the January transfers. It would be a bit of kick in the teeth if so. 

Think that means graphics . Optimisation would refer to quality of rendering or mesh . Increased performance would be processing I would think . Don't think it has anything to do with match engine 

9 hours ago, glenjamin said:

Surely this means changes to the ME?

Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches

As vague as that sounds, it must mean changes to the ME? Right?? Otherwise what was the point of the update? Players haven't been complaining on here hour after hour of wanting to see the January transfers. It would be a bit of kick in the teeth if so. 

These are improvements to how the game runs on different machines and will have nothing to do with ME changes

@prot651- sorry, didnt see your answer till I had posted.

4 hours ago, zindrinho said:

I may be missing something here, but why can't we start the upcoming seasons in the norwegian and swedish leagues yet with the 20.3 update?

Licencing regarding the MLS. I don't know the details, but that's the reason. Been like that for a while now.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Etebaer:

I updated and now i am missing my german lower leagues as well as the canadian leagues from the Workshop.

Maybe i would think the missing german lower leagues only would need a update but with the Canadian league missing as well i might think this is an unfortunate bug?

So, im completey freshed up my PC and installed everything including Win10, Steam, FM202 etc. anew and there must be sort of a bug since the update.

CaC Mode: Im am unable to select the German Lower Leagues (the Canadian League also does not show up in any way) in the CaC Mode - it simply has an empty space and when i open the Drop Down Menu i only can chose from the 1.Bundesliga to 3. Liga.

Career Mode: In this Mode i am able to select the German Lower Leagues and play a Club there but that is not what i want and the Database Setup Save does still not work in CaC Mode.

Pls Fix!

:)

Edited by Etebaer

Gerade eben schrieb Etebaer:

So, im completey freshed up my PC and installed everything including Win10, Steam, FM202 etc. anew and there must be sort of a bug since the update.

CaC Mode: Im am unable to select the German Lower Leagues (the Canadian League also does not show up) in the CaC Mode - it simply has an empty space and when i open the Drop Down Menu i only can chose from the 1.Bundesliga to 3. Liga.

Career Mode: In this Mode i am able to select the German Lower Leagues and play a Club there but that is not what i want and the Database Setup Save does still not work in CaC Mode.

Pls Fix!

:)

In the bug thread?

Ok I played 3 matches with Comprehensive highlights yesterday and apart from the set pieces that are clearly improved, I would bet there are other changes under the hood too. I swear I saw much more "logical" plays and a better flow and even 2 goals scored directly from through balls from the middle already.

The ME seems to be in a pretty good condition at the moment for me. The only problem? My tactics seem to need "restructuring"

Gerade eben schrieb HaroldHammond:

I am getting numerous crashes after this update, it happens after every 2-3 games when i click continue after a team talk

Please post it in the bugs forum.

52 minutes ago, HaroldHammond said:

I am getting numerous crashes after this update, it happens after every 2-3 games when i click continue after a team talk

If you're using a 3rd party skin, it's quite common for crashes to happen after an update, as some of the changes can cause issues. I usually revert back to the default skin when this happens and wait for the creators to update the one I was using. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

It's really frustrating that preferences still aren't being saved. Having to make the text smaller every time I load this up is just time consuming and frustrating. This is going to be a problem if I actually play this game even semi regularly, which I've not managed to do yet throughout this game cycle

Ive noticed that the fixture list tab is now behaving itself and not reverting back to showing the next match and not the 1st friendly , and the cup competitions are now highlighted as they werent previously , its the little differences i guess.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If you're using a 3rd party skin, it's quite common for crashes to happen after an update, as some of the changes can cause issues. I usually revert back to the default skin when this happens and wait for the creators to update the one I was using. 

nah it still happens

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

f9ab517e0276be4666c1499266fde849.png

This is currently my set up for defending indirect wide FK's

dab3dd6c10d48473995b97f98bdd5bf8.png

This is how it looks in-game. There is almost zero resembalence. No wall, no marking. Bizarrely, the free player at the back scored the header.

No Full-back on the back post? No wonder they scored. Do you zonal mark?

12 hours ago, zindrinho said:

norw.thumb.jpg.c204a9d27eba3d38c1d11329bfe7c0fe.jpg

Due to licensing issues, and this has been the case for quite a while now, it is only possible to start in the first season if you have the MLS loaded. If you want to start in the second season in countries like Brazil and some Scandinavian countries, then you cannot have the MLS loaded.

Edit: Hunter beat me to it.

Not sure if it's a bug or intended to be that way but every summer I offer out players for an unspecified amount, get interest and then negotiate the price up as well as always locking a 50% profit fee. This is how I've been doing business for years on the game and it's been routine. This summer however, when I am offering players out in the same way, every single offer I've got in for them has been non-negotiable. The bids are a little bit higher than normal, most of them are for at least the player's value (most are entering final year or max two years left on deal) whereas previously you'd get opening bids normally around 75% of value, but every single bid is non- negotiable.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

f9ab517e0276be4666c1499266fde849.png

This is currently my set up for defending indirect wide FK's

dab3dd6c10d48473995b97f98bdd5bf8.png

This is how it looks in-game. There is almost zero resembalence. No wall, no marking. Bizarrely, the free player at the back scored the header.

Please log this in the match bugs forum with a pkm and save game before a match

So I loaded up a United save today. Noticed there's no way to open up the staff list for u23 and u18 coaches? 

There's no right arrow like there is under the main squad coaching tab. I have to manually open up each figure icon to see each staff member rather than comparing in a list. 

Edited by MatthewS17

Just now, likesiamesefish said:

Still the same for me. You just go to the Staff tab and these buttons are at the bottom?

115545621_Screenshot2020-02-21at16_25_47.thumb.png.c4d9a82b0aa2d774dad84310267159bb.png

Not that list. The specified list for Coaching Staff, Recruitment and Medical teams for the Academy teams. First team is fine. I just can't open those up. 

16 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Two updates for PC in last 2 weeks yet none for Google Stadia. Unable to start new save till get match engine update:mad:

As the staff have said, the patches have been provided to Stadia, are going through Stadia's approvals process, and they're pushing to get them okayed ASAP. SI aren't in control of how quickly the Stadia staff take to authorise it and roll it out, its out of their hands.

If the delay is annoying you, the only thing you can really do is to raise the delay as a complaint with Stadia/Google directly.

2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

As the staff have said, the patches have been provided to Stadia, are going through Stadia's approvals process, and they're pushing to get them okayed ASAP. SI aren't in control of how quickly the Stadia staff take to authorise it and roll it out, its out of their hands.

If the delay is annoying you, the only thing you can really do is to raise the delay as a complaint with Stadia/Google directly.

I've spoke to Stadia and they said it was down to SI :lol: Ahwell guess ill have to wait :(

Players stats overview screen on league stats is all messed up since update. I have appearances set as the main panel where you would usually have top goalscorers and the smaller panels below even when you change them to your preference go back to what they were when you click off the screen. 

On 20/02/2020 at 16:03, Nicke9000 said:

Anyone else notice lighting is much darker on newgens faces and the pitch in 2D?

Yes this is true the faces are a lot darker, i lighting seemed to have changed too, i thought because i played for the first time a career in Thailand that it maybe was because of that but so it's from the update.

6 minutes ago, mozza79 said:

Players stats overview screen on league stats is all messed up since update. I have appearances set as the main panel where you would usually have top goalscorers and the smaller panels below even when you change them to your preference go back to what they were when you click off the screen. 

One of many bugs I raised in the past. It isn't new.

so before the update with the beta before this update game play was more impressive with clean crisp passing and build up play taking away from I went unbeaten with rangers in the league and wining the treble the went to Dortmund and done the quadruple and lost one match in league but that one loss was after the latest up date but that's not what I have a massive issue with.

I have noticed that there is a massive issue where every one on one if a failure and I have not scored a one on one since the update. the passing is not as good there is passing but before the build up was better passing back to goal if need be not so much now and not as much link up play resulting in loads of shots from outside the box.

you say there has been no changes to the ME other than set play and defending if that was the case then my tacs would still be working the same but they are not the players behaviour can be more erratic at times  

Edited by djwillster

On 20/02/2020 at 15:23, frank_olaf said:

There seems to be an issue with changing training blocks. For example, if my training block currently in place is from the 'Attacking' category, and I want to change it to something else, I can't. I can only change it to another block from the 'Attacking' category.

yes this is an issue i'm having as well mate

4 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

Not sure if it's a bug or intended to be that way but every summer I offer out players for an unspecified amount, get interest and then negotiate the price up as well as always locking a 50% profit fee. This is how I've been doing business for years on the game and it's been routine. This summer however, when I am offering players out in the same way, every single offer I've got in for them has been non-negotiable. The bids are a little bit higher than normal, most of them are for at least the player's value (most are entering final year or max two years left on deal) whereas previously you'd get opening bids normally around 75% of value, but every single bid is non- negotiable.

I have also noticed a lot of offers coming in for players that are non negotiable, even if I don't have them transfer listed. I'm in a January window now and I seem to only have the choice of accepting or rejecting. Anyone else notcing something similar?