Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Defending at its finest...

For me, FM20 will be remembered as the year of the Zombie Defender Apocalypse. 

Game breaking nonsense at any level of football let alone top tier Spanish. Seeing something like this just turns me off the game big time. I desperately hope they can get on top of these ME issues.

Edited by janrzm

5 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

Nah that is definitely a negative interaction when they say 'I'm sure you'll want me for something else soon.'

Not seen it for an injury before.

5 hours ago, KUBI said:

What do you expect, that all players always react the same like robots? Check his personality, maybe he is over ambitious and frustrated about the injury.

It's almost as if i want to argue that they are robots. Manic-depressive, passive-aggressive cryrobos.

Encourage someone with an injury - Leave me alone.
Encourage an in-form determined team on the last day to make sure we win the league - Morale plummets and won't be fixed for half a season.
Say anything to anyone - Player on his way jumping off a bridge already because i dared to look at him.
Take over another team after previous manager's been sacked - Nigel Clough at Leeds seems like a trip to Paradise compared to all the hell and abuse i get from my players, blaming me for something i wasn't even part of.
Praise someone for a good game - How dare you praise me when i can do so much better (after playing a 9.8 and scoring 4 goals + 1 assist).

The underlying tone conversational-wise in this game, and previous FMs, are so overly and negatively exaggarated. Positive stuff "isn't there" (i know it's there).
Look at the options in conversations in a general sense. It's either do-or-die or something bad/negative. Something or someone to blame.
If you actually can and do praise someone or something, the entire footballing world is going nuts for daring to do such a thing.
Being positive in FM is a bad thing. I don't understand why.

It's for that exact reason i avoid motivational team meetings before a cup-final or similar as, to my knowledge and memory, i have never ever had a good reaction.
Motivate them and i'm expecting too much.
Calm them down and i'm not ambitious enough.
It's a lose-lose situation, in my own experience, for over several FMs and the situation is the same.

Tried once on FM20 where we were favourites to win the cup. Everyone upset.
Why upset? Why not in one ear and out the other reaction? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both? Aren't the players supposed to be different from eachother?

In-game shouts as well. The only ones i'm using are Demand More or Show More Passion. Anything else, with every team i have managed, results in confusion, too much pressure etc.
The reactions are so over the top, like some of the stuff i was writing early on here.

1 hour ago, glenjamin said:

Take for instance my current season. Using TFF's tactics I'm 19 games into the season. I've won 8 of those games. And in each of the 11 where I've dropped points I've had more possession in each game bar one, more shots, more shots on target,

That said, as of the ME's robustness/realism that'd be actually a positive sign, as 90% of his tactics have like no defense whatsoever -- every however few time the Opposition wins the ball back they should have a field day (like Germany's opp at the WC). :D 

Edited by Svenc

2 minutes ago, roykela said:

Encourage an in-form determined team on the last day to make sure we win the league - Morale plummets and won't be fixed for half a season.

Praise someone for a good game - How dare you praise me when i can do so much better (after playing a 9.8 and scoring 4 goals + 1 assist).

In-game shouts as well. The only ones i'm using are Demand More or Show More Passion. Anything else, with every team i have managed, results in confusion, too much pressure etc.
The reactions are so over the top, like some of the stuff i was writing early on here.

I used to avoid the cup final / league clinching team meetings but I've found that once you're favourites you can just assertively tell them you expect them to get the job done and get a positive reaction on FM20. With team meetings more generally I wait until it's definitely gone one game beyond when I could have used the team meeting and try to use the positive ones if I stumble but I'm still on course.

I've found praising people on FM20 is back to being a bit OP like it was a few years ago but once I get to a third game in a row, I worry I'll get that response so I just switch to praising form and then back to last game again. I am normally only praising back to back if they are getting a 9 rating or 2 goal contributions or more though tbh.

Shouts are definitely not as good / unpredictable as they used to be. I just demand more around minutes 15, 25, 40, 60, 72 and 85 when ahead or after every goal and replace with show some passion if not getting the result I want or after I concede. Never fails (when it should). I have noticed that you can also get some success out of Get Creative (will alternate with passion if not enough goals or just throw one in if I am not at all concerned about the opponent) and Tighten Up (I only use if two goals conceded in quick succession).

Overall though I agree that they are way too predictable.

Think i've played enough of the new update from the demo:

Pros:

• TI's seem to be improved from last few patches, more often than not, each TI does what it says, same go for PI's, analysed more than 20 matches and found that they usually do what it says which is a big + after fm19 and first main patch for FM20.
  • Not much wrong with on the field antics, passing is decent relative to the player ofc, i'd say dribbling is pretty good (not tested for slow/bad players), SOME crosses are worth watching again and the amount of times crosses that are allowed compared to earlier patches as fm19 is a big improvement.
  • Defence and smartness of defenders seem to be balanced, bad defenders get ruined, good ones stay firm, mental attributes like composure and concerntration seems to be spot on imo, you can see the difference between good and bad defenders even if the difference is miniscule. 
  • Throw ins and set peices have been corrected, barely see my striker near a throw in anymore, and defenders/CM's are in the box when corners/free kicks are taken. 
  • Most physicals and technicals seem to be balanced on the eye, technique and pace seem to be easy on the eye, strength i've seen players hold off, work rate i'd also give as a huge plus, nicely balanced.Passing and vision seems fine, those that are good usually hold the game and do some good passes, usually wide (cover that in con's) while bad passes play it simple depending on mentality and role.
  • Nice to see the long balls over the mid and defence gone to an extent where it's not a bug anymore, makes the ME look cleaner and can see what how you are playing.
  • Not had much 1v1 misses either, a variety of shots scored and misses, big improvement on last patch

Cons:

• GK's look awful, they can look sleek at one moment and poor in another, maybe it's animations or maybe there's something wrong with showing the attribute on the ME, couldn't pin point it but some ishy looks.
  • Central play is VERY LACKING, not enough going through the middle, having a CM/CAM as a playmaker and you'll realise majority goes to the wide positions. There are times where central play is good in certain games but it's a rareity- not sure why this has happened for so long, if the SI could clarify why they think or why it's like this, it'd be very beneficial (just a suggestion).
  • CAM roles aren't great to use, my theory is it's down to central play but subject to other factors too. Wide playing abilities, positioning of the CAM players seem to be far too close to CM's unless you're using SS role which tends to act like a normal CAM on attacking midfielder role (or what it should be). AP seems to go deep (without trait to drop deep) and just passes it rather than trying those killer balls or one touch passing and move, very much chooses to pass and stay still (why is off the ball highlighted then?), similar to AP-A however one thing that is correct is they get further forward and "try" to make those killer passes and move which is what you expect from the AP. 
  • With the improvements on the ME, I have a feeling it was patching up the bugs/wrong things, now it seems like the baseline of what the ME should be to then make further improvements to make it great. It's simple/basic, not enough variety in goals, mainly crosses on my end, the AI games i've watched is crossing and set peices orientated. Watched teams that have tried playing short passes like barca and they struggle to "create", their cm's have less than 6.8 ratings while their wide players tend to be in the green (again central play orientated weakening possibly?).
  • Lone strikers- To me it seems they're forced to wait too much on the frontline and don't get enough touches, as an AF you want/need them to have touches (subjective to tactics and formation ofc) but their hardwired coding stops them doing that. E.g. move into channels should be allowed to be switched on and off in the PI's section, not enough distinguishing between a poacher and AF in most cases UNLESS you drop your LOE and then notice a difference OR use a DLF/F9. DLF/F9 act too similar too, didn't test alot of it but it certainly was apparant on the eye that they occupy the same space/area and lay off, even a DLF-A doesn't get in the box often enough imo.
  • Running the ball out of play, see it quite often, watched around 15 full matches and caught alot, although it has been reduced from the previous patch. Drag backs too so they stop it on the line and run past for the opposition to clear, doesn't happen that often. 
  • Pass into space- This TI for me seems on and off for me. With it on you see it happen far too often that a player launches it into the channel (even when you're on short passing/shortER passing), Now i realise it should happen but the amount of times is quite apparent in full games (highlights its like 1 in 3-5 which seems to be much for scoring opertunities UNLESS my team is correctly doing their job right but surely the AI would try to stop this within the game or when "sussed out"). Moving onto lack of through balls, I saw it more with pass into space on BUT not enough of them trying to get behind an opponent (I think this is where crossing seems more influential in scoring than other ways) Even with pacey players likes of city and liverpool do it often even when sitting back, once the defence finds its defensive shape/structure it's almost impossible to by pass through passing/through balls UNLESS you swing it wide to your full back or winger whos touching the touchline to drive in. HOWEVER, I have seen a few through balls from wide players in my first 15 games (small amount) so it does happen just not in highlights.
  • Shooting in acute angles or shooting from wide areas is still a problem, not enough cut backs. I use low crossing and more often than not I it going over, even with work the ball into the box I expect less crosses and more cut backs but nope, its rare to find. Crosses- when there is a chance to cross it's not taken (relative to traits such as dwelling or low tempo etc.) but instead is passed around the box too many times (without work the ball into box and shoot on sight). 

In all I think it's better than FM19 which I "hated". Playing it in older patches it had "game breaking" bugs or one that i'd call gamebreaking myself but never explicity said in the forums as it can be heavily argued it isn't. This patch sorted most of that which is great but this ME should've been the baseline (I know coding makes it difficult)/ bare minimum imo to then work on. Basic as I called it but I still liked what I was seeing at times, it's not an awful lot away from being balanced. A good few tweaks in attack and correction of central play would make the game alot better. If you can correctly balance the ME no doubt the game would be better for me and for those that think it's the most important aspect of the game. 

Where can I report an issue with to less goals scored in Bundesliga. Which section of Bugs Forum? In my save last season all teams scored 670 goals and IRL in last few seasons it always been more than 800 goals. It's pretty big difference. And it's not a single situation - in every save there are way to less goals in TOP5 leagues. This is just an example. 

I've read somewhere that SI is happy with the statistics in this game but I'm not sure they reallly should...

vor 1 Minute schrieb szp:

Where can I report an issue with to less goals scored in Bundesliga. Which section of Bugs Forum? In my save last season all teams scored 670 goals and IRL in last few seasons it always been more than 800 goals. It's pretty big difference. And it's not a single situation - in every save there are way to less goals in TOP5 leagues. This is just an example. 

I've read somewhere that SI is happy with the statistics in this game but I'm not sure they reallly should...

https://community.sigames.com/forum/739-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

I’m sceptical to post this but here goes...

Although I am not seeing half (or even most) of what others are seeing and are upset about from the latest ME the one thing I can agree on is the certain element of staleness this latest ME produces.

The previous ME, although it had issues (issues that had been successfully mitigated through hours of tactical tweaks) was at least exciting. The movement was more interesting, the difficulty, the randomness, the fact that there were actually 1v1’s, balls over the top.

I mentioned just before the ME dropped that we should be wary of what we wish for.

The ME may well be more stable but it ‘still’ has issues for some. It will always have issues. This is FM. It’s part of the charm. We should absolutely strive for a ME that can produce as close to the reality of all that football has to show. But we should also realise that this is a game.

Staleness is new to this latest ME. A staleness that wasn’t there before.

Tactics don’t make a huge amount of sense, especially if you follow the guides in the tactical creator. However having a vision of how you want to play and creating tactics from scratch can yield, to a certain extent, the football you want to see as shown to you by the ME.

Except now the vision is demonstrated, at least for me, with slightly less excitement.

What a pity.

Someone mentioned a tactic they were using from a known tactic creator, that they downloaded, and that they weren’t happy with how it looked, played or the results that were being achieved. This sums up my frustration. Not that they weren’t happy with it. That they thought it should just work out of the box.

If you’re experiencing disappointment from the ME there are ways to mitigate it through tactics. You may not be able to get certain styles to play as you wish, but you can try. Perhaps after a while you may see a change. Perhaps you won’t. Time to move on.

Nearly all of the ‘issues’ I have seen posted on this thread can be mitigated to a certain extent by tactical adjustments. One of the main gripes is goals from set pieces. This can be mitigated through tactics. I’m not seeing this issue. Again, it may not make a lot of sense, changing something arbitrary to achieve what you want. But the ME is wonky. It always has been.

I don’t want anymore fights on this. This is just MY feedback.

We should have been more careful for what we wished for.

Edited by sidslayer

vor 32 Minuten schrieb badgerwhacker:

I'm in the exact same situation. Winning most games so it's not a whinge over not being successful but, like you, I'm bored to tears. I've actually turned it off now and I won't be back until the winter patch to see if there's any difference.

Currently it feels like tactics are irrelevant. I can't stop the better teams and I don't create a lot or see evidence of a style against the lesser teams. I've always been pretty good tactically and in getting players to play above their levels through tactics but it just feels that it's not possible in this ME.

I've played wide formations, I've played narrow formations. Neither of which have created evidence of a style.

It's the same for me, winning nearly all games because of set pieces and crosses , also all goals I concede are set pieces or from crosses.

Absolutely boring, I am done, I don't expect it to change much because the issues seem much deeper than what patches can do 

1 hour ago, sidslayer said:

Although I am not seeing half (or even most) of what others are seeing and are upset about from the latest ME the one thing I can agree on is the certain element of staleness this latest ME produces.

The previous ME, although it had issues (issues that had been successfully mitigated through hours of tactical tweaks) was at least exciting. The movement was more interesting, the difficulty, the randomness, the fact that there were actually 1v1’s, balls over the top.

I mentioned just before the ME dropped that we should be wary of what we wish for.

The ME may well be more stable but it ‘still’ has issues for some. It will always have issues. This is FM. It’s part of the charm. We should absolutely strive for a ME that can produce as close to the reality of all that football has to show. But we should also realise that this is a game.

Tactics don’t make a huge amount of sense, especially if you follow the guides in the tactical creator. However having a vision of how you want to play and creating tactics from scratch can yield, to a certain extent, the football you want to see as shown to you by the ME.

Except now the vision is demonstrated, at least for me, with slightly less excitement.

What a pity.

Someone mentioned a tactic they were using from a known tactic creator, that they downloaded, and that they weren’t happy with how it looked, played or the results that were being achieved. This sums up my frustration.

If you’re experiencing disappointment from the ME there are ways to mitigate it through tactics. You may not be able to get certain styles to play as you wish, but you can try. Perhaps after a while you may see a change. Perhaps you won’t. Time to move on.

Nearly all of the ‘issues’ I have seen posted on this thread can be mitigated to a certain extent by tactical adjustments. One of the main gripes is goals from set pieces. This can be mitigated through tactics. I’m not seeing this issue. Again, it may not make a lot of sense, changing something arbitrary to achieve what you want. But the ME is wonky. It always has been.

I 100% agree with you on this to be honest. The last ME had issues but it entertained me. I also stayed offline so FM couldn't update but had to go online for something else and of course FM updated so I'm stuck with this now. I'd rather have ME V2026, it was light years ahead of this to be honest. 

This ME, is like watching magnolia paint dry. It's 2019ME but worse. 

For me, the new patch has certainly fixed the balls over the top problem. Only thing now is that my defenders can’t actually tackle anymore or seem to play the ball forwards.

I’m 2 seasons further in after the patch and am constantly pulling my hair out watching fullbacks get nowhere near the wingers and when they do bring the ball forwards, I see them stop and pass backwards too many times. 

anyone else seeing anything similar or is it just that there have been more changes to aspects of the match engine?

Gotta love how players are still aware of what your actual wage budget is and simply lowering it to its absolute minimum will massively reduce player wage demands :seagull:

Oh and then the board cuts my retained revenue from transfers because of "issues with the wage budget". Meanwhile the club has a bank balance of like 2 billions, I got an absolutely ridiculous 1.5b transfer budget, but finances are doing poor simply because I lower the wage budget. :lol:

STOP HOOFING THE BALL FORWARD WHEN I TOLD YOU TO PLAY OUT OF DEFENCE WITH A SLOW TEMPO, AND STANDARD PASSING

I'm done. Came back after the update, but I'm done, this is still the same unenjoyable game it had been for years.

One would think they would be at least able to come up with a well-balanced player rating system, but nope.

59 minutes ago, Muja said:

Guys, I've created a topic in the bug/ME section of the forums to discuss the problem about the lack of central play. Made lots of test and decided to share my "findings", in the hope they could prove useful for the devs, even if a little.

If anyone wants to contribute or add any other insights and/or ideas on how to solve this, that'd be great

Thank you for doing this, you have demonstrated exactly what the issues are with multiple examples and all the problems that I have. It's comprehensive and easy to understand and you've provided the PKMs.

SI need to have a look at this, but I have a feeling they are fully aware of the problems.

They either can't fix it so if they do it will lead to things like the ball over the top issue we had before. I'm starting to believe that without a complete rewrite, they won't be able to fix this.

It's been a problem since FM 19 and they didn't fix it before, wondering why. 

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

Gotta love how players are still aware of what your actual wage budget is and simply lowering it to its absolute minimum will massively reduce player wage demands :seagull:

Oh and then the board cuts my retained revenue from transfers because of "issues with the wage budget". Meanwhile the club has a bank balance of like 2 billions, I got an absolutely ridiculous 1.5b transfer budget, but finances are doing poor simply because I lower the wage budget. :lol:

I noticed this too when trying to loan in a player. If my wage budget is low or in a deficit then the selling club will want me to pay a low percentage of the players wages that I simply can't afford. Then if I go and get my wage budget up they'll suddenly want 100% of the wages. 

27 minutes ago, glenjamin said:

I noticed this too when trying to loan in a player. If my wage budget is low or in a deficit then the selling club will want me to pay a low percentage of the players wages that I simply can't afford. Then if I go and get my wage budget up they'll suddenly want 100% of the wages. 

Yes. It’s why clubs ask for more money to sell to certain clubs.

Man U for example have their own pay bracket. It’s also linked to everyone knowing problem positions for certain clubs.

No one is going to give Spurs a ST for market value for instance.

There is a fluidity to how the game handles this sort of thing, to replicate these issues. I like it.

Edited by sidslayer

I feel that 3 things are messing the ME in the current condition.

1. Free Kicks and Penalties are down to players trying to win the ball by slide tackling.  the Game gives us the feed back of inch perfect tackle and this is what goes wrong. Most of Dangerous Set pieces (goal scoring ones) are down to this going wrong , Should it happen yes, But i feel these are more in number than what it should happen and unfortunately the too much tackling to win the bal back is what giving AI to score goals (AI or Human). (This is my personal observation so far and if i have more time i would try to see more to confirm. But the full match gives a perfect idea as when ever i see my or AI player on wide flanks in the final third, if the Opposition player tries slide tackle either the cross doesn't happen or a Foul will happen)

2. Players can't recognize the space ahead of their team mates and thus not able to see central space which connected with Defending AI too narrow leaving loads of space on flanks. 

3. Players are under too much pressure in too many instances, I have Prevent Short distribution with a 4-1-2-3 Split press with front 5 pressing the AI. Despite my players is not being close to either of Defender or GK they are just kicking the ball for throw in's effectively handing us the Posession.  With more testing i believe we can see situations like this where players get pressured despite not having or not needed to. 

In isolation i feel this can be fixed but given the Connectivity with one to other let alone having alot of more connections which makes it hard to fix these things. I hope SI figures a way out of this current ME issues. 

5 hours ago, sidslayer said:

What a pity.

Someone mentioned a tactic they were using from a known tactic creator, that they downloaded, and that they weren’t happy with how it looked, played or the results that were being achieved. This sums up my frustration.

I respectfully disagree - it’s still far from perfect but the previous issues with balls over the top were intolerable, completely removed from reality and, for me at least, made it impossible to get any enjoyment from the game.

Ah Brexit - you killed my plans...

Had signed an english Talent (Shama Bako) for my lower league CaC Club and after Brexit he counts as Foreign Player and i can no longer have im registered as i am not allowed to have non-EU Players.

I had put my Chips on him bcs i thought exisiting contracts would prevail but no… :P

Have to start over… :D

On 12/02/2020 at 13:05, Enrik01 said:

Is it me or 90% of goals are headers? Even though crosses are set to "low"?

I haven't seen a low cross in about 3 versions of FM. No idea why that option is even in the game when it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Otis said:

I haven't seen a low cross in about 3 versions of FM. No idea why that option is even in the game when it doesn't work.

Maybe not in highlights, try watching the full game, I mentioned in my case up there that I was seeing too many frequent high crosses/curled ones than low crosses with my option being low crosses. Still had low crosses though, maybe it just doesn't work for you? maybe they've sought you out. 

:DDDDDD Of course I wasn't really done.

So, in the middle of an overachieving season with a great team morale, we lost our previous game because of some of the usual bullcrap, so early in the next week morale was in the greenish-yellow territories.

I wasn't gonna do a team meeting, 'cause we had one 2 weeks ago. My plan was to wait until matchday, and use the "praise conduct" lie option on some of my key players to help things a bit. Also, Tuesday, the board offered a new contract for me, and I accepted it. Since I have an excellent support of the players, I was hoping the game has a mechanic where the beloved coach's new contract will boost morale.

Instead by Friday, the whole team's morale was Very Poor, or Abysmal.

I had no happiness-reducing training scheduled, nothing else happened during that week.

It saddens me so much that one of the favourite games of my childhood is such an absolutely hopeless, unwilling-to-die farce now...

2 minutes ago, Braincomplexa said:

I've put in 1000+  hours already and this right here - what Davies insanely does - is the worst thing in the ME.  And I can't believe either SI: didn't see this or they did but let it stay in the ME.  Don't get me wrong I love the game, but sometimes you can wish it can be better. 

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Was he a left back told to mark a specific player who may have been switched to the opposite flank?

13 minuti fa, Braincomplexa ha scritto:

No I never do that, but I did put OI press on FB's. So my LB is pressing the opposition RB across the field in a throw in...

it has been like that at least since 16. particularly annoying on set pieces. marking at set pieces should obviously override open play marking instructions so I guess it should go into bugs section.

Edited by MBarbaric

Noticing far too many goals from set pieces. Even if you spend 45 minutes making sure you set all your set piece instructions up you then go and concede 3 goals to players who are about 5ft6!

Both for and against too, It's like the only way either team can score is through a set piece its boring.

Edited by janesy20
extra content

Max Kruse from W.Bremen had a  transfer this season to Fenerbahçe in real life. 3.5 current ability raiting for Fenerbahçe team in FM. But to this date real life stats  in 17 matches he scored 7 goals and had 6 assists.  I've tried playing him advance playmaker, Enghance and many more roles in AM position in game it didn't help. But in FM average full backs had good assist made me think  maybe something wrong in AM position not about goals but assists. 

6MRga7.jpg

mRlOp0.jpg

Can't actually believe the ME is in this state after a couple of patches, in February, months after launch, after years and years of pumping this game out.

Hoping for a miracle Winter patch (not confident though) in a week or two to save FM20, if not, it's 100% the worst ME ever created IMO.

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

So the winter  patch is the last hope  to save  this ME lol

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Can't actually believe the ME is in this state after a couple of patches, in February, months after launch, after years and years of pumping this game out.

Hoping for a miracle Winter patch (not confident though) in a week or two to save FM20, if not, it's 100% the worst ME ever created IMO.

Let's be honest here hope is minimal cause they launched a ME patch before the typical last one end feb/early march.

I ask to myself how many years i will have to play FM17. It's the first time in my life i skip 3 editions of this game that is too much time.

Niche wargaming firms I know they change their engine for faster map scrolling  and sometimes they do also unnecessary engine change, their games were already perfect only need more scenarios . I think better direction in here(FM) to do engine change if simulation script too complicated and if not adequate.  But it sells well it is good in the end. Generally I don't blame who governs but who votes. :)

Edited by baris28

45 minutes ago, Altair89 said:

Let's be honest here hope is minimal cause they launched a ME patch before the typical last one end feb/early march.

I ask to myself how many years i will have to play FM17. It's the first time in my life i skip 3 editions of this game that is too much time.

Your initial points are a fair opinion, but there's no need to have a jab at the dev staff. I've removed that comment, and if you could follow the rules about things like that in future, it'd be appreciated :thup:

Sometimes my two attacking players are pressing the opposition Gk, where he just passes to one of his CBs and that pressing was for nothing. And I don't even play with two strikers, just one striker. 

Weird is, that both players are attacking the GK, not one of them are atttacking space where he could pass it.

49 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Sometimes my two attacking players are pressing the opposition Gk, where he just passes to one of his CBs and that pressing was for nothing. And I don't even play with two strikers, just one striker. 

Weird is, that both players are attacking the GK, not one of them are atttacking space where he could pass it.

I agree. Players grouping up and pressing the man and not the passing lanes is a glaring fault in the match engine all over the pitch.