Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

club vision.....it's made for annoying us.....play with Anderlecht....budget of 1 mill....end of season Champion....then the board blocks every transfer in because i must have player with 3,5 or 4 star ,i sell a couple of players and a have a budget then of 15 mill....when i look for a 3,5 or 4 starplayer you must pay at least 25 mill....and that for a player i don't need....the second demand is buy Belgian players ....i have the best youth in Belgium...but i must buy Belgians....when i try to buy a Belgian i don't need....blocked because the first demand is not reached....this game is a joke....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 26 minutos, Pattric_b dijo:

Is there any more information about the boards club vision? I am expected to “develop my youth academy to one of the best in the country” and while I am handing youth players first team appearances in cup and even league fixtures, I’m not really sure how I’m meant to develop my youth academy any further given we have the best possibly rated academy. Currently the board are disappointed with me when it comes to this task and not sure why. Any ideas? Are they expecting me to buy more youth players? How does the board measure the development of my youth academy?

You probably need to be asking the board to improve youth facilities, youth recruitment and junior coaching. I don't know if hiring more/better coaches for youth teams would work as well.

8 minutes ago, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

club vision.....it's made for annoying us.....play with Anderlecht....budget of 1 mill....end of season Champion....then the board blocks every transfer in because i must have player with 3,5 or 4 star ,i sell a couple of players and a have a budget then of 15 mill....when i look for a 3,5 or 4 starplayer you must pay at least 25 mill....and that for a player i don't need....the second demand is buy Belgian players ....i have the best youth in Belgium...but i must buy Belgians....when i try to buy a Belgian i don't need....blocked because the first demand is not reached....this game is a joke....

Log it the bug forum, quite a few users reported that they need to sign unrealistic high reputation players but almost nobody reported it, so I think si isn't really investigating this. While it is really a deal breaker if it's really like this with some teams... 

vor einer Stunde schrieb 99:

Can't deny I'm a bit frustrated that the hotfix only fixes one item, and I never even experienced that. Was expecting at least the fix for a big, impacting portuguese league bug already acknowledged and supposedly fixed by SI, if it's done there should be no reason to have to wait for 19th to have it. Also, 10 iterations of the ME since Beta was released and we can't experiment any of them.... kinda breaks Beta's purpose imo.

yes, im curious too.

24 minutes ago, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

Are all of these 'required'? If they are just 'preferred', I wouldn't worry too much about it if the team is performing well. But yes, if you think it's not working as it should, then get it logged. 

The point of the club vision is for them to give you things to follow through, you cant just decide what to do with the club anymore, you got a guideline to follow. It make a long term save even more fun and it make managing clubs even more challenging and you got to adapt to their vision instead. I like the idea. 

36 minutes ago, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

You have threads in the bugs forum and SI is dealing with your issues. :thup:

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Patiently waiting for the release with updated ME... It s the only issue I have... Patience😁

Yeah same here I like everything else about the game especially the new features just hope that they will release the new ME so I can start playing again. 😀

48 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This refers to the facilities and recruitment available to your youth sides. The board will look to work on this themselves but also expect you to contribute, specifically via allocating funds to it via board requests.

Gotcha. Thanks for the information. I have yet to ask the board to upgrade anything because I assumed we already had top facilities at man utd but I’ll see what my options are and make a request. 

Edited by Pattric_b

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Hang on, wasn't the bug you reported from a new feature that wasn't in the game last year? 

Yes it was, my point being that they had 12 months (maybe longer if these things have been in the pipeline) to test the new features, it isn't like they had to test the entire game from the ground up.

Hi, I've just bought the game and when negotiating a contract with a player, I can open the dropdown menus for adding bonuses or clauses but when I click a specific clause, it doesn't get added to the list. Is this something that's known?

1 hour ago, SazoJohnno said:

The point of the club vision is for them to give you things to follow through, you cant just decide what to do with the club anymore, you got a guideline to follow. It make a long term save even more fun and it make managing clubs even more challenging and you got to adapt to their vision instead. I like the idea. 

yes...untill you can't do what they ask and get sacked in the second season.......if you take a big club it's easy....but not so if you take it lower...

23 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I load up FM15, Mario Gotze as the number 10, first competitive game he makes 6 runs, plays 4 keys passes & scores

Tbf, we may be going from one extreme to the other. On Fm 15 you could stick ten men behind the ball and encourage him to hoof it upfield to Messi. His 22 runs top per match would still Keep his side afloat somewhat. :D (FM15 was the release where top Dribblers like Hazard and co. averaged like a dozen runs per match in General, which the AI admittedly benefitted from also. It needn't "think" About great match Management, just stick the guys on the pitch someplace -- good old times. :) )

06783pR.jpg

Edited by Svenc

whilst I agree that on recent FMs number 10s/ AMCs seem really weak, is it not the case that no.10s are going out of "fashion" tactically at the moment and not performing as managers want ? look at mata, rodriguez, ozil, none of them, or similar players, seem to have the effect they did 5 years ago. maybe the ME reflects this?

EDIT: first post too, hello!

Edited by Spenky

Hey @Weller1980 and @Johnny Ace if the next ME edition (hopefully released before Nov 19) has the same problems with the AMC position, I suggest we collaborate on a thread in the ME bugs forum to raise examples :thup: 

I hate how hard it has been to have an "Enganche" style AMC create goal scoring opportunities with through balls to central forwards or wide forwards cutting inside diagonally. I also feel there are not enough runs through the middle trying to create chaos before a through ball.

4 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Hey @Weller1980 and @Johnny Ace if the next ME edition (hopefully released before Nov 19) has the same problems with the AMC position, I suggest we collaborate on a thread in the ME bugs forum to raise examples :thup: 

I hate how hard it has been to have an "Enganche" style AMC create goal scoring opportunities with through balls to central forwards or wide forwards cutting inside diagonally. I also feel there are not enough runs through the middle trying to create chaos before a through ball.

I've got a thread up on the ME Bugs board @kidd_05_u2, it's probably on page 7 now buried under all the nonsense :D

21 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've got a thread up on the ME Bugs board @kidd_05_u2, it's probably on page 7 now buried under all the nonsense :D

I posted my post in the bugs section and received no feedback from anyone. Amazing! Perhaps si read it who knows.

Last year for fm19 loads of us posted evidence about the lack of creative central play and lack of through balls and we were told it was due to lack of striker movement.

I was seriously hoping to see some nice improvements, especially after reading the me blog we’re they said striker movement was an area which had a lot of focus, and guess what fm20 has exactly the same problem as we all reported last year, no creative play on the final 1/3.

i very much doubt things will be fixed on fm20. I’m sorry to be pessimistic but they have had a whole year of dev time and it’s exactly the same.

Edited by Weller1980

10 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Despite ME is not perfect and we all want more, any system will broken if use two AP roles in the same time?:eek:

It was purely a test to try and create more creative play, I promise you regardless of tactics the outcome is the same. Vast majority Goals will come from crosses, long shots and set pieces. You play fm tell me I’m wrong?

33 минуты назад, Svenc сказал:

Tbf, we may be going from one extreme to the other. On Fm 15 you could stick ten men behind the ball and encourage him to hoof it upfield to Messi. His 22 runs top per match would still Keep his side afloat somewhat. :D (FM15 was the release where top Dribblers like Hazard and co. averaged like a dozen runs per match in General, which the AI admittedly benefitted from also. It needn't "think" About great match Management, just stick the guys on the pitch someplace -- good old times. :) )

06783pR.jpg

the longer I look, the more questions :lol: I noticed Iniesta dlp and it was like hey wtf. After this a lot of defensive duties , but goal difference -1 is the best part :rolleyes:

1 час назад, Johnny Ace сказал:

load up FM15, Mario Gotze as the number 10, first competitive game he makes 6 runs, plays 4 keys passes & scores

For comparison, here's his completed passes over 90 minutes, I can't select forward passes, this was an attacking midfielder, support

Please stop it, you force me to install fm15 for play some seasons again, but I need to build new stadium in Torino FM19 ! :stop::D

1 минуту назад, Weller1980 сказал:

It was purely a test to try and create more creative play, I promise you regardless of tactics the outcome is the same. Vast majority Goals will come from crosses, long shots and set pieces. You play fm tell me I’m wrong?

I don't say you wrong. I just mean this example is not perfect for investigation but I clearly see your point and I tried to show it in my message in the beginning :)

1 minute ago, Weller1980 said:

I wonder if playing a 2-3DM-2CM-2AM-1ST system (or 1AM-2ST) with no players in the wide positions would make for less wide switching of play :lol:

4 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I posted my post in the bugs section and received no feedback from anyone.

Last year for fm19 loads of us posted evidence about the lack of creative central play and lack of through balls and we were told it was due to lack of striker movement.

I was seriously hoping to see some nice improvements, especially after reading the me blog we’re they said striker movement was an area which had a lot of focus, and guess what fm20 has exactly the same problem as we all reported last year, no creative play on the final 1/3.

i very much doubt things will be fixed on fm20. I’m sorry to be pessimistic but they have had a whole year of dev time and it’s exactly the same.

I think it has been improved to be honest, I've seen some great moves & intelligence in the final third, I think once the main ME bugs have been straightened out we'll be able to see it more * fingers crossed

16 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think it has been improved to be honest, I've seen some great moves & intelligence in the final third, I think once the main ME bugs have been straightened out we'll be able to see it more * fingers crossed

I hope so, and you are right there improvements to striker movement in some situations 

Edited by Weller1980

22 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

the longer I look, the more questions :lol: I noticed Iniesta dlp and it was like hey wtf. After this a lot of defensive duties , but goal difference -1 is the best part :rolleyes:

I never claimed sitting Deep, keeping ten men behind the ball and hoofing the ball upfield, usually gifting the Opposition attack after attack, was a good idea. Which is where the many Goals conceded come from making for the minus Goal difference. All I claimed that on FM15 you could do such, and if that guy upfield was Messi, and due the space available in that ME, he could still bang in enough Goals being by himself alone to somewhat Keep you afloat in the table. :D (I personally doubt that'd be viable in actual Football -- or in any current release. Worth a try though…)

Edited by Svenc

2 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Match day 16 and the fixtures yielded 25 goals: For my save this is a very typical standard of goal types week in week out.

6 (24%) long shot goals

10 (40%) goals from crosses

4 (16%) goals from freekicks

1 (4%) rebound (created from cross)

1 (4%) pen

2 (8%) through balls long range

1 (4%) short pass

In my first 39 games (in all competitions except friendlies) I have scored 95 goals.

73% have been from inside the box, which figures that 27 % have been from outside the box. Most goals are scored from placed shots (40). I have 9 goals from penalties and free kicks. The majority of goals are scored from the middle of the penalty area.

Assists we differ wildly.

Corners - 7 (7%)

Free Kick - 9  (9%)

Short Pass  - 14 (15%)

Cross - 16 (17%)

Throw in - 0

Long ball - 0

Mistakes - 10 (11%)

Through ball - 16 (17%)

Medium pass - 2 (2%)

Square ball - 4 (4%)

As you can see, this is much more balanced than what you post. I lack goals from throw ins because I do not take long throw ins, and long balls because I play out from defence most of the time. I see as many goals from through balls as I do from crosses. 

This can either mean that your sample size is too small, or you are doing something fundamentally different to me that is leading to your attacks all being funnelled down the flanks and leading to a lot of crosses.  I am personally finding the match engine really nicely balanced in the variety of goals I score and the assists I see. 

Edited by sporadicsmiles

I have a few questions, if I get my assistant manager to handle team talks or press conferences on occasions do the players recognize it's the assistant taking them or if they say something bad do they personally blame me for it and hold me responsible?  If they recognize it's the assistant it may be a useful tool to use to share responsibility and even maybe make my words impact more, if they don't I don't want to be blamed for what the assistant says.

Secondly if I hire a club legend as a coach will that help in terms of fans warming to me?  For example if I signed Bergkamp as a coach for Arsenal, would that help with getting the fans on board with me?  And also would it help making the atmosphere around the club better?

If I signed brothers what kind of effect would that have on the team?  Like if I signed the Bender brothers?  Would that be good for the squad as they'd have an understanding on the pitch and personally?

Lastly is the development center just for players in the youth teams, for all players or for young players in general?

15 минут назад, Svenc сказал:

I never claimed sitting Deep, keeping ten men behind the ball and hoofing the ball upfield, usually gifting the Opposition attack after attack, was a good idea. Which is where the many Goals conceded come from making for the minus Goal difference. All I claimed that on FM15 you could do such, and if that guy upfield was Messi, and due the space available in that ME, he could still bang in enough Goals being by himself alone to somewhat Keep you afloat in the table. :D (I personally doubt that'd be viable in actual Football -- or in any current release. Worth a try though…)

Ah I got it now! :thup: 

17 минут назад, Svenc сказал:

(I personally doubt that'd be viable in actual Football

Wait... Valverde IRL does exactly the same? :D

hace 24 minutos, sporadicsmiles dijo:

In my first 39 games (in all competitions except friendlies) I have scored 95 goals.

73% have been from inside the box, which figures that 27 % have been from outside the box. Most goals are scored from placed shots (40). I have 9 goals from penalties and free kicks. The majority of goals are scored from the middle of the penalty area.

Corners - 7 (7%)

Free Kick - 9  (9%)

Short Pass  - 14 (15%)

Cross - 16 (17%)

Throw in - 0

Long ball - 0

Mistakes - 10 (11%)

Through ball - 16 (17%)

Medium pass - 2 (2%)

Square ball - 4 (4%)

As you can see, this is much more balanced than what you post. I lack goals from throw ins because I do not take long throw ins, and long balls because I play out from defence most of the time. I see as many goals from through balls as I do from crosses. 

This can either mean that your sample size is too small, or you are doing something fundamentally different to me that is leading to your attacks all being funnelled down the flanks and leading to a lot of crosses.  I am personally finding the match engine really nicely balanced in the variety of goals I score and the assists I see. 

Can you upload the save to google drive or something and point me to a few games where you are seeing goals from through balls and play through the middle?

My goals all come from crosses and long balls from the defense, so I would like to see how to achieve numbers similar to yours :thup:

33 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Yeah but how many times without match engine exploits did FM enable messi scoring 50 goals a season...so messi was doing that in actual football but no proper football style in FM was allowing messi to play like messi...only exploits allowed messi to score like in actual football

47 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Corners - 7 (7%)

Free Kick - 9  (9%)

Short Pass  - 14 (15%)

Cross - 16 (17%)

Throw in - 0

Long ball - 0

Mistakes - 10 (11%)

Through ball - 16 (17%)

Medium pass - 2 (2%)

Square ball - 4 (4%)

My sample was from a weekend of premiership fixtures so includes mostly ai games, I know it’s a small sample size however I’ve viewed many ai matches and the trend is the same. 

Edited by Weller1980

So here we go again.

I am performing better than expected. Squad is happy. Board is happy.

One of my players with 4-5 months left of contract refuse to prolong - i decide to sell him and make 50.000 euro out of him.

Then the most logic things happens.

My best player calls me into a meeting why i decided to sell him. I explain him 50.000 euro is good for small club and business. He doesnt listen and get angry.

Now suddenly whole squad is angry because of it and wants a meeting. 

And we all know the exactly same happens if you refuse to sell your best player - then the squad gets upset because you refuse him to leave. 

Tell me again - this is how it works in an amateur football club in bottom of the league ................. I dont get why FM try to simulate things if game cant control simple facts.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cfs6250/screenshot/768355311312330195

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cfs6250/screenshot/768355311312329282

And to make it a total tragedy - one week later - same player that was angry i sold the other guy ask me for permission to leave for a bigger club

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768355311312416917/9C252C73376CBE45E2C16B86AD06F3D766891FFA/

And of course the same players that agree it was very bad idea to sell the first guy are now angry i told Spencer i will only sell him for minimum 250.000 euro

7D59937A7DCED5C979F2F1356CB8556CBAC2FB1E

Total parody game

4 unhappy key players and the whole season and hours of gameplay can be destroyed for something that schould not happen

I simply dont get why features like this are in the game - it has been problem version after version of the game

Edited by ravenation

1 hour ago, Spenky said:

whilst I agree that on recent FMs number 10s/ AMCs seem really weak, is it not the case that no.10s are going out of "fashion" tactically at the moment and not performing as managers want ? look at mata, rodriguez, ozil, none of them, or similar players, seem to have the effect they did 5 years ago. maybe the ME reflects this?

What you said is correct but you can class them as old style no.10's simply because they are the focal point and creative force. These days they act like the fm's "attacking midfielder" who press and join with the attack- more risky passes/ with the trait would act like the playmaker. FM has been ball given in playmakers by a large amount and tend to ball hog before doing anything. 

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I'd suggest looking at the link plats and the highlights to it specifically, some numbers MAY seem wrong. FM19 had the thing with overheadkicks and i've noticed in a few streams for 20 that some stuff was counted differently- example a pass from wide into the box and a shot counted as a cross rather than a pass (maybe why crossing % is so high?- not specifically yours but in general). 

57 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Corners - 7 (7%)

Free Kick - 9  (9%)

Short Pass  - 14 (15%)

Cross - 16 (17%)

Throw in - 0

Long ball - 0

Mistakes - 10 (11%)

Through ball - 16 (17%)

Medium pass - 2 (2%)

Square ball - 4 (4%)

Haven't played much beta due to persistent crashes and technical issues, can't help to notice that 0 long ball though. This looks very suspect and actually happened to me in FM 19, where I did score on several long balls but the game didn't count any of them (maybe they were counted as through balls? Also, stats showed a very high number of overhead goals, which never happened). I wonder if this is still the case in FM 20? In my limited playing time with beta, I did experience lots of chances created via long balls (both for my team and AI), though admittedly most were missed (had a game against PSG where lone striker Mbappé got 8 clean one on one chances from long balls, and scored just one - he still hit the keeper and scored on the rebound).

Transfers and selling players are an absolute chore yet again.

AI teams stack up on players in positions they absolutely don't need and there are situations with class players being transfer listed and noone being interested.

In my second season, Oblak was listed for 55m€ and noone was even interested. Come December I was able to sign him up for free for the next season and yet again noone was even interested in offering him a contract.

Noone being interested in my 26yo player with 2.5m€ annual wage who was valued at 25m€ and listed for 15m€ is also ridiculous.

I accepted a 40m€ total bid from Chinese for a player, he rejected them. A week later they come back with a 20m€ total non-negotiable bid. That's just ridiculous.

And those non-negotiable wage percentages they want you to pay are also ridiculous. There should be an option "will not pay for player's wages" or something.

2 hours ago, Spenky said:

Yup. Most clubs I see in the flesh struggle to be effective with a "10", outwith the very top teams, yet people in here are complaining they aren't instantly destroying teams.

It took me a full season of mucking about with tactics/roles/instructions to get my left winger working like I wanted him too. A lot of people seem reluctant to put in that work and instead blame the game.

26 minutes ago, ravenation said:

So here we go again.

I am performing better than expected. Squad is happy. Board is happy.

One of my players with 4-5 months left of contract refuse to prolong - i decide to sell him and make 50.000 euro out of him.

Then the most logic things happens.

My best player calls me into a meeting why i decided to sell him. I explain him 50.000 euro is good for small club and business. He doesnt listen and get angry.

Now suddenly whole squad is angry because of it and wants a meeting. 

And we all know the exactly same happens if you refuse to sell your best player - then the squad gets upset because you refuse him to leave. 

Tell me again - this is how it works in an amateur football club in bottom of the league ................. I dont get why FM try to simulate things if game cant control simple facts.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cfs6250/screenshot/768355311312330195

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cfs6250/screenshot/768355311312329282

And to make it a total tragedy - one week later - same player that was angry i sold the other guy ask me for permission to leave for a bigger club

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768355311312416917/9C252C73376CBE45E2C16B86AD06F3D766891FFA/

4 unhappy key players and the whole season and hours of gameplay can be destroyed for something that schould not happen

I simply dont get why features like this are in the game - it has been problem version after version of the game

I've got 3 players at the same time wanting moves to bigger clubs, and someone else complaining I sold a team mate (valued at £1m, sold for £1.7m). 

The squad is still fine, and even those wanting to leave are happy enough.

It genuinely does seem like the issues at your end.

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Corners - 7 (7%)

Free Kick - 9  (9%)

Short Pass  - 14 (15%)

Cross - 16 (17%)

Throw in - 0

Long ball - 0

Mistakes - 10 (11%)

Through ball - 16 (17%)

Medium pass - 2 (2%)

Square ball - 4 (4%)

Let's see some of these goals then, shall we?

Edited by Armistice

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yup. Most clubs I see in the flesh struggle to be effective with a "10", outwith the very top teams, yet people in here are complaining they aren't instantly destroying teams.

It took me a full season of mucking about with tactics/roles/instructions to get my left winger working like I wanted him too. A lot of people seem reluctant to put in that work and instead blame the game.

Maybe so, maybe number 10's are old hat, Poachers are too but they do exactly what it says on the tin

I've put the work in believe me, I'm even trying out old MEs to compare the effectiveness of them, all good fun :D  

hace 16 minutos, RandomGuy. dijo:

Who is complaining about not instantly destroying teams? Don't go around building straw men. The people complaining about the number 10 role have actually provided some evidence about things not working properly.

Edited by kidd_05_u2