Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Administrators

As you've hopefully already seen, the Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta is now available to download and install.

This thread is for any feedback on the game, all we ask is to please keep it constructive. And as always, if you do come across any issues within the game, please do take the time to raise them via our Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta Bugs Forum.

We are aware of a few issues affecting the Pre-Release Beta which we'll look to address for release. They are as follows:

-    All data is not final.
-    The match engine is not final.
-    Work on updating and balancing Club Visions is ongoing.
-    The game is not compatible with Mac 10.10 or earlier.
-    Mac users on 10.15 Catalina need to have the 64-bit version of Steam installed: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1055-ISJM-8568
-    Users playing on OSX 10.11 may experience crashes during matches.
-    The updating of competition rules remains a work in progress.
-    Work on balancing the transfers of players and staff is ongoing including in regards to boards blocking excessive incoming transfers or cheap outgoing transfers.
-    The Light Skin continues to be worked on.

We very much hope you enjoy! 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff

Hey all, Seb here. I'm our Features Designer at Sports Interactive.

Along with the design team, the Devs and QA, it is our responsibility to look after the new features in the game. This year that includes our headline features; Club Vision, Playing Time Pathway and the Development Centre.

One of our main focuses this year is allowing you to get the absolute most out of long-term saves, something which these features have been specifically designed for. As such we are excited to hear your feedback below once you've gotten stuck into a save! I'll be on hand to answer questions where I can.

For issues, please head to the appropriate area in our bugs forum, where myself and the QA team will assist:

Club Vision

https://community.sigames.com/forum/725-club-vision-and-performance/

Playing Time Pathway

https://community.sigames.com/forum/716-dynamics-interaction-and-playing-time/

Development Centre

https://community.sigames.com/forum/715-training-medical-and-development-centre/

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

Quick shout out to those guys from the beta speculation thread, all 40 pages and 2 days banter was worth the wait. Probably not going to be on the forums the next few days, been nice knowing ya

Nice knowing you too, bro.

Can't actually leave feedback on beta yet as I decided to install a 90gb game whilst enjoying the speculation thread. But a bit of feedback though , good on all you guys for getting beta release so early and letting us have our fun in the speculation thread. Will leave some real feedback later today as soon as I have susie.

Edited by toffee71

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Quick shout out to those guys from the beta speculation thread, all 40 pages and 2 days banter was worth the wait. Probably not going to be on the forums the next few days, been nice knowing ya

I'll be back same time and place next year. Though will probably do odd post going on

Just now, toffee71 said:

Can't actually leave feedback on beta yet as I decided to install a 90gb game whilst enjoying the speculation thread. But a bit of though feedback, good on all you guys for getting beta release so early and letting us have our fun in the speculation thread. Will leave some real feedback later today as soon as I have susie.

new CoD? :D

Just now, glosoli said:

Hot damn! Thanks a lot SI! Anybody knows if we can use the facepacks, kits and logos during the beta or should I wait til the full release?

You can use them just move files to 20, most will be 100% depending if any have changed ids

1 minute ago, dubaRA7 said:

u can use now why not...

No install button, I will have to restart steam. I don't mind couple of hours as I can't play without certain fixes, so waiting for susie

• SI Staff
Just now, daveh83 said:

can you carry on ye game from beta onto full? I mean exempt for data changes its all save game comp?

Yes.

Please note there may be some issues that require a new game for a resolution however.

2 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Will there be an update today? Just enquiring, I understand priorities.

Don't want to speak for Mons so I'm afraid I can't answer that. Please bare in mind that like the game itself this is only the beta version and there will be a larger update when the full game is released.

Sorry best I can do!