Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Ras said:

That's good to know, I'm sure over time it will even further evolve too.  I just feel a bit wary of praising at the moment because sometimes the reactions can be a bit excessively negative even if it's in the first time praising a player or different scenarios such as congratulating on a national achievement.

Any examples that you think are not realistic or rational, please do get them posted in our bugs section :thup:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those saying they hope changes have been made to the Beta, could you ensure you confirm you did report it in good time before release tonight?

Otherwise you'll give the impression that you're just moaning for the sake of it. 

I've been playing the Beta for as long as it's been available. The released version always has significant changes mostly thanks to people reporting bugs or issues, so if it is better thank those who assisted SI. 

Hi all 

I have come across a very annoying bug in the game.  When selecting the team I can't select any subs.  Basically I have to clear subs then allow auto pick to unpicked positions.  If I don't then my subs from the previous game remain, even if i clear them it only allows auto pick.

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

Okay. So after several more matches. Seen some of the issues others are talking about here. 

Wingers and wingbacks taking shots from wide is one. Can be a bit frustrating. 

Tried asking them to should less often, but it's made Rashford completely ineffective. Sometimes the midfield feels a little static, not sure if due to attributes, but they'll play a one two between each other in the middle forever. 

Not affected my results till this game, but I just played Wolves and got battered 3-0. They had about four 1v1s all  and I had around 7 or so, and a few more chances missed in front of goal. 

So basically, all in all, it's a normal United vs Wolves game. 

However, I don't mind the goals Wolves scored, as I expected that I was going to be hit hard on the counter, based on the sheer volume of chances, it should have been an easy 3-2, 3-3 result. High scoring, but based on the gameplay, it would have been a decent result. Not worried about the loss. Going hard against Wolves is a bit daft, but I felt that missing so many 1v1s and the wide shots is a bit headache inducing. 

A few hours to release, so I think we won't see too much on this front soon. 

It's the same for me. I've played around 80 hours and right now the ME is broken. 

Wide players shoot all the time (on the side of the net) and almost no through ball from the centre. Tried with different teams and players.

Still i found a way to win (just need to avoid wingers/fullbacks in that portion of the pitch) but it's taking all the fun away.

@Seb Wassell and other SI staff, I've been posting bugs in the appropriate spots (for 2018, 2019 versions too) but sometimes I don't know if SI sees them. Of the 10+ bugs that I have reported, mainly UI related, I was only informed once that SI is looking into it. Would be nice if the people who log the bugs from SI's end would at least give an upvote to the post to signify that they have seen the post. Nothing more disheartening than for us fans (who also want make the game better) to produce screenshots, record videos, and upload saves than to do it and not know if it's even been seen. 

Edited by rain94

Seem to struggling with injuries in the latest patch? Is this just unlucky or a problem others are suffering with? I've had all my central midfielders injured bar one at one point :lol:

Might be just unlucky or maybe because I'm playing in the lower leagues the players are struggling. Best MC out for 6-9 months was brutal mind

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Chris21 said:

Seem to struggling with injuries in the latest patch? Is this just unlucky or a problem others are suffering with? I've had all my central midfielders injured bar one at one point :lol:

Might be just unlucky or maybe because I'm playing in the lower leagues the players are struggling. Best MC out for 6-9 months was brutal mind

No changes were made in this area. Will be down to luck :thup:

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

No changes were made in this area. Will be down to luck :thup:

Nooooo I want to blame SI :lol:

Not to worry, could be pushing my players too hard as well. Playing a lot of Saturday-Tuesday's and takes its toll on the players at this level I think.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, rain94 said:

@Seb Wassell and other SI staff, I've been posting bugs in the appropriate spots (for 2018, 2019 versions too) but sometimes I don't know if SI sees them. Of the 10+ bugs that I have reported, mainly UI related, I was only informed once that SI is looking into it. Would be nice if the people who log the bugs from SI's end would at least give an upvote to the post to signify that they have seen the post. Nothing more disheartening than for us fans (who also want make the game better) to produce screenshots, record videos, and upload saves than to do it and not know if it's even been seen. 

In areas that are extremely busy, such as the UI area, it is often difficult for a member of the team to respond to every thread, especially those that duplicate another or diverge from the topic. However, just posting it there will mean that someone sees and appreciates it :thup:

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

In areas that are extremely busy, such as the UI area, it is often difficult for a member of the team to respond to every thread, especially those that duplicate another or diverge from the topic. However, just posting it there will mean that someone sees and appreciates it :thup:

Understood but I'm not talking about a reply or response. It takes only a second to click the little upvote button. Just a small acknowledgement from the staff goes a long way. Just the other day I saw a UI glitch which would require taking a few screenshots and I was debating if whether I should even bother since it would take 5 minutes out of my time to report it. Anyways, I did report it because I love this game. The heat maps are not showing correctly from the Opposition Instruction screen during the match. 

Just now, Scotty Walds said:

No, one extra (from one-click to right-click > click).

By your logic, everything should be accessible in one click.

My logic is there was a one click option, and there is still a one click option available to people if they choose to perform an arbitrary collection of tasks. Removing it from everyone else isn't a positive change. 

But yes, ideally everything a player wants to access should be available to them with the minimum number of clicks.

1 hour ago, nmwaldron said:

I don't know if this is something anyone else is experiencing but it's seems that 90% of the time, as any player is running into the box they will not pass, regardless of how tight the angle is or how likely they look to score.  There are typically in these situations one or two players onside that they can pass to but they shoot and invariably, the majority of the time, miss. I've changed the options in my tactics to tell players to cross more often and take less shots but it doesn't change anything. I've noticed this with the opposition sides also. Is this a known issue? 

Can see a case for realism there, to be fair.

The old rush of blood scenario.

1 hour ago, swansongs said:

Yeah just do a lot more work you don't care about or want to do and you'll get your useful shortcut back. Great new feature.

All you do is right-click on the dev centre and choose the option you want to see. You can choose all the youth squads from here, you can choose the youth candidates and staff pages from here or the general overview, it's actually easier than it was before. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

All you do is right-click on the dev centre and choose the option you want to see. You can choose all the youth squads from here, you can choose the youth candidates and staff pages from here or the general overview, it's actually easier than it was before. 

Easier than choosing what I want to see with one left click? Give over.

21 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

I am enjoying this game, but the ME is consistently throwing out shocking decision making in the final third. Shooting from angles is persistent, players picking the ball up from deep and running and running all the way and then shooting rather than making a logical decision and squaring the ball. The result is a save, the ball is dragged wide or hits the side netting - rarely ever results in a goal.

One-on-ones are still rarely converted in my experience as well. Others may have other evidence on their game, but I'm just sharing what I'm seeing.

I echo all of this. It's by far the worst part of an otherwise very good ME. The constant highlights of players running in to the box and shooting from stupid angles  instead of cutting it back to another player is ridiculous, and ruining my experience.  One one ones have been rubbish in most versions of FM. There are far too many of them so to avoid unrealistic high scoring games most of them are missed. 

Edited by SmurfDude