Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

16 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Exactly, he doesn't know, so for him to say it's not been tested properly (his own words) is neither backed up by any knowledge nor wanted (such digs are specifically mentioned in the house rules and frankly we've had to ask people to stop this so many times there's very little tolerance for some we already take a dim view of)  

Any change, automatically makes it a new engine, as for how much they are testing, the entire team will have more than earned time off when it cools down) the beta might have been out 10 days but they have been working on it much longer and will have targeted various fixes for various points. 

Lots of people have been asking for more information and what plenty won't know is that moderators have been taking that call up with SI, so for some of the very same people to the criticise SI for giving an update seems counterproductive and is only likely to see less information in future, and have some of us take up that cause 

Is this already seen as a dig? I guess if you go that deep it maybe is but I didn't see it as one and I think it's rather far fetched. He's just concluding something that's not that much out of the blue based on what SI said. They said a single change impacts many things and the ME is incredibly complex. How can anyone properly test this in one day? 

But If the SI team is indeed working overtime I am rather worried too. My experience as a programmer means nothing to a renowned company such as SI but I surely can assume that they had a schedule planned for FM 2020 that didn't involve relying on employees putting in more work than usual before the release date. That would be inefficient and too demanding on the employees. 

Also I didn't argue anything about work before the beta was released, that was also not in the original post where SI said 10 me versions during the beta. I don't know why you bring up that point. 

I just wanted to say that I thought it was rather harsh to put those words from his mouth that he really meant it as an insult, especially as a mod. 

Edited by Double0Seven

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/11/2019 at 13:50, wazza said:

Im getting red dots and marks over the tabs when I hover over them which are worse in the tactics induction and development induction.  I have checked the graphics and my system tells me Im on the latest drivers

Tactics Induction.jpg

Yes, I'm getting this as well.  The game is playable but when I hover over a button and I guess it should highlight instead I'm getting red flickering dots.  If any of the guide/help screens come up the whole screen has the red flickering like above.  I'm playing Touch on Windows.

Edited by thanos23
Typos

9 minutes ago, ravenation said:

1. You praised my training 2 times this week-  you are a f.... idiot - now my morale falls to angry and i will start to perform bad in matches

That absolutely never happens. The worst outcome for that is the player says he doesn't want to go over old ground again, and his morale will sometimes drop one notch. Which will have little to no effect on his future performances. Constantly praising players for the same thing just to get their morale to spike is gaming the system, and there absolutely should be penalties for it. 

11 minutes ago, ravenation said:

2. I never got a sack in FM as i remember. Now i had 2. First time with HEreford and second time with Farsley Celtic - both times the team just started crying.

Did you adhere to the club vision? Why were you sacked?  Why were the team 'crying'? 

12 minutes ago, ravenation said:

But now im in my 3rd career with newly promoted Farsley Celtic. I have been between 1-3 in the league(expectations is mid table finish) and still the bloody team is crying and destroying their morale = normal game play 

Again, WHY are they 'crying'? Players don't get unhappy for no reason. Your screenshot shows the players are unhappy at your handling of the team. If they are playing well on the park, you must be doing something else to annoy them. We need more info. 

14 minutes ago, ravenation said:

This must be the absolutely worst FM to date if this is not fixed. How is it possible to be a promoted expected mid-table team, performing much better than expected and still your teams key players turn against the manager? Schould we buy the players beer to keep the morale high in the team?

It's the 'worst FM' and 'needs fixed' because your man management is so poor? I was sacked in my first job this year, but even at the end, I had good support in the dressing room. It was simply down to results not being good enough which is fair enough. If your team are playing well but the players are unhappy, there must be something you're doing to affect that. 

5 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Is this already seen as a dig? I guess if you go that deep it maybe is but I didn't see it as one and I think it's rather far fetched. He's just concluding something that's not that much out of the blue based on what SI said. They said a single change impacts many things and the ME is incredibly complex. How can anyone properly test this in one day? 

But If the SI team is indeed working overtime I am rather worried too. My experience as a programmer means nothing to a renowned company such as SI but I surely can assume that they had a schedule planned for FM 2020 that didn't involve relying on employees putting in more work than usual before the release date. That would be inefficient and too demanding on the employees. 

Also I didn't argue anything about work before the beta was released, that was also not in the original post where SI said 10 me versions during the beta. I don't know why you bring up that point. 

I just wanted to say that I thought it was rather harsh to put those words from his mouth that he really meant it as an insult, especially as a mod. 

Telling the QA staff they aren't testing the game properly is absolutely seen as dig and isn't acceptable. You may disagree but as far as SI stand it's not up for debate. So let's stick to constructive feedback rather than digs at staff and worrying about issues without any knowledge of it. 

16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That absolutely never happens. The worst outcome for that is the player says he doesn't want to go over old ground again, and his morale will sometimes drop one notch. Which will have little to no effect on his future performances. Constantly praising players for the same thing just to get their morale to spike is gaming the system, and there absolutely should be penalties for it. 

Did you adhere to the club vision? Why were you sacked?  Why were the team 'crying'? 

Again, WHY are they 'crying'? Players don't get unhappy for no reason. Your screenshot shows the players are unhappy at your handling of the team. If they are playing well on the park, you must be doing something else to annoy them. We need more info. 

It's the 'worst FM' and 'needs fixed' because your man management is so poor? I was sacked in my first job this year, but even at the end, I had good support in the dressing room. It was simply down to results not being good enough which is fair enough. If your team are playing well but the players are unhappy, there must be something you're doing to affect that. 

Always nice to hear the word mismanagement from a Sunderland fan.

But here we are.

So what is it you think i do wrong? I give them green team talks, i win matches, we dominate games

Dont know if you ever play Lower league - but im not Sunderland og Manchester Utd. Team is performing much better than expected and in FM you can do

Team talks
Team meetings
Win matches

To keep up morale.

As you are in low league your stats for team management is low - i just wonder if someone somewhere has started to use that stat as something important in the game or maybe to much individual training(which didnt mean a lot in previus versions of the game).

No matter what it has been problem in many versions. Total hystrerical players and sometimes you think you coach a kindergarten and not a football team. I find it hard to believe the team calls in the manager for complaint meetings in real life, like in FM.

And yes, it is ruining the game if players turn on you, even when you are winning more than expected.

Edited by ravenation

1 minute ago, ravenation said:

So what is it you think I schould do more 

That's why I was asking for more information. All you've done so far is stamp your feet. Tell us WHY your players are unhappy. 

And I'm not sure what the relevance is of the team I support. What a bizarre train of thought. 

hace 2 minutos, ravenation dijo:

Always nice to hear the word mismanagement from a Sunderland fan.

But here we are.

So what is it you think i do wrong? I give them green team talks, i win matches, we dominate games

Dont know if you ever play Lower league - but im not Sunderland og Manchester Utd. Team is performing much better than expected and in FM you can do

Team talks
Team meetings
Win matches

To keep up morale.

As you are in low league your stats for team management is low - i just wonder if someone somewhere has started to use that stat as something important in the game. It is only explanation. 

So what is it you think I schould do more when you are third in table with a Sunderland team without any money?

The game tells you why players get angry. If you want help, you should check in the game why your players are getting angry, and then maybe forum people can tell you how to avoid that. 

7 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

The game tells you why players get angry. If you want help, you should check in the game why your players are getting angry, and then maybe forum people can tell you how to avoid that. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768355156413050924/4DA9269063A57199DDA1D6ACEFB7508AE38FF714/

It is good question - now i have had 6 games without a win after this incident - but still managerial support and team cohesion is high.

I checked my training and i have just 2 players unhappy with training .......... so ............. the only issue i can see is my man management stat that is 1 ............ but this had never bothered me in previous versions - so can it be due to a change in meaning of this stat maybe?

But then it is becoming quite extreme to manage in low league

Edited by ravenation

31 minutes ago, thanos23 said:

Yes, I'm getting this as well.  The game is playable but when I hover over a button and I guess it should highlight instead I'm getting red flickering dots.  If any of the guide/help screens come up the whole screen has the red flickering like above.  I'm playing Touch on Windows.

Definitely create a thread in the bugs section for this, with as much system information as possible, would be greatly appreciated 

hace 1 minuto, ravenation dijo:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768355156413050924/4DA9269063A57199DDA1D6ACEFB7508AE38FF714/

It is good question - now i have had 6 games without a win after this incident - but still managerial support and team cohesion is high 

In that dynamics page, if you go to "happiness" the game will tell you exactly how players feel about the different things they can be unhappy about.

2 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

In that dynamics page, if you go to "happiness" the game will tell you exactly how players feel about the different things they can be unhappy about.

They are just angry at the management of team

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768355156413075479/62A2E365787A1BB7A7DECDF794D8214BDFFB7E0D/

So im just wondering - can it be my 1 stat in man management that gives this situation?

5 minutes ago, ravenation said:

It is good question - now i have had 6 games without a win after this incident - but still managerial support and team cohesion is high.

I checked my training and i have just 2 players unhappy with training .......... so .............

You have ZERO players really unhappy at your club according to that screenshot. There may be a few a little bit disgruntled, but the situation is hardly as bad as you're making out. As @kidd_05_u2 says, use the tools at your disposal, the dynamics section has a wealth of great information. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You have ZERO players really unhappy at your club according to that screenshot. There may be a few a little bit disgruntled, but the situation is hardly as bad as you're making out. As @kidd_05_u2 says, use the tools at your disposal, the dynamics section has a wealth of great information. 

Look at the morale and look at my first screenshot where they ask for a crying meeting where all teams morale went to dark red .......

1 minute ago, ravenation said:

Look at the morale and look at my first screenshot where they ask for a crying meeting where all teams morale went to dark red .......

First of all, it wasn't ALL the team. Secondly, a collection of the players approached you with a grievance. You still haven't told us what that was or how you handled it. And thirdly, if the squad still isn't unhappy as a whole after that, then the situation is definitely retrievable. 

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

First of all, it wasn't ALL the team. Secondly, a collection of the players approached you with a grievance. You still haven't told us what that was or how you handled it. And thirdly, if the squad still isn't unhappy as a whole after that, then the situation is definitely retrievable. 

It had huge influenze - the board rated it an F because of poor dressing room atmosphere. It has huge influenze over results.

In all my 3 saves suddenly the players has requested a meeting because of bad management and not even you can give an explanation to it. You just say it never happened because of the current morale.

What is more interesting is that you cant see old board opinions in FM. I went back to 1st october - but the board update is the current update and not the original one. 

But im sure this will happen again - so next time i be sure i be keep the data

hace 4 minutos, ravenation dijo:

It had huge influenze - the board rated it an F because of poor dressing room atmosphere. It has huge influenze over results.

In all my 3 saves suddenly the players has requested a meeting because of bad management and not even you can give an explanation to it. You just say it never happened because of the current morale.

What is more interesting is that you cant see old board opinions in FM. I went back to 1st october - but the board update is the current update and not the original one. 

But im sure this will happen again - so next time i be sure i be keep the data

Are you fining players for poor performance or warning them for playing badly? Are you selling a lot of players and bringing in new ones? It is not common for players to revolt over nothing,

But if you are fining players, or interacting with them angrily after bad games, maybe that is what's killing morale, especially if your man management and level of discipline are low.

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do you see what the common denominator is here? 

Yes, something is wrong with the data in the game ......... it is quite obvious

You have seen all the data and you cant give me just one sensible explanation for why, the players request a meeting at that time due to "bad management".

It is so strange on especially this forum "the game is never wrong".

I provided all data you asked for and nothing in it gives any explanation.

But still you claim that it is "bad management" and not something in the game that is not working as what i suppose is intended

Edited by ravenation

5 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Are you fining players for poor performance or warning them for playing badly? Are you selling a lot of players and bringing in new ones? It is not common for players to revolt over nothing,

But if you are fining players, or interacting with them angrily after bad games, maybe that is what's killing morale, especially if your man management and level of discipline are low.

Im not - always goes after the green team reviews. I have 500 hours every version of the game.

This is new in FM20 and i think it must has something to do with manager stats.

And now im in a bad streak of 9 games without victory - no request for meetings or anything ............ anyway thx for your time. I be see how it developes and will keep data.

Edited by ravenation

22 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it not because that's the overall 'club' vision and the manager screen focuses on you?

Probably but as the 'Manager Home' , its got promises, board confidence etc.. but  nvm figured it out... now to clean it up a bit.. 

1557805561_FootballManager202010_11_201901_28_40.thumb.png.5e0d31dcdea50bf98fd311f71afe1b0c.png

5 minutes ago, ravenation said:

You have seen all the data and you cant give me just one sensible explanation for why, the players request a meeting at that time due to "bad management".

All we've seen is the afters. Despite being asked about FIVE times now, you still haven't told us why the players were unhappy. They don't just approach you and demand a meeting about your management of the team for absolutely no reason. What has happened for it to get to that stage? 

12 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

That's the 415 in question (in actual fact, a very attacking 4-1-3-2) which, as I thought it might, has a high mentality and goes all-out to exploit counterpressing etc so yes, the wingbacks are going to end up high up the pitch participating in the counterpress and trying to chase down counterattacks. Also, what you didn't mention was that they're inverted wingbacks! So when the ball is turned over they're in the middle of the pitch and of course will end up having to press / counterpress in the middle. There are also wingers in front of them, albeit attacking IF's, so once the opposition do have possession, your defensive shape is a wide 4-1-3-2 with plenty of midfielders to help out with defending.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the the issue of wingbacks not helping the team to defend in a back 5 at all. As it stands, the only way to get a half-pleasing effect is use ML/R and just accept that wingers are going to get in behind them quite a lot.

I was agreeing with you mate.

I hate this sooo much. :D
He will shoot instead of passing to the left. *grrr*
See this so often. I know BETA and it will be fixed i guess.
Whatever...there is potential@FM2020

Almost 1 Season (3D) finished, had fun so far.
I wish you all a nice sunday. Liverpool - ManCity....so damn excited! :D
Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiverpoooooooooooooooooooool, Liiverpool!

fm2020betaME.jpg

There's maybe a setting that fixes this, but I'm getting increasingly annoyed at clicking on a player's profile and his position indicator isn't automatically ticked and I have to click it myself every time just to see the player's role. This also happens when I click on the coach report, I again need to click on the position icon to bring up things like player comparisons, etc. 

position2.thumb.PNG.9bb721febe4c3ced1ba806d6d5ee0eec.PNGposition1.thumb.PNG.5a3140abf9bae7331e78fc3dc16193f1.PNG

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ravenation:

Yes, something is wrong with the data in the game ......... it is quite obvious

It is so strange on especially this forum "the game is never wrong".

I provided all data you asked for and nothing in it gives any explanation.

But still you claim that it is "bad management" and not something in the game that is not working as what i suppose is intended

Hello, if you think that you found a bug, please post it in the bugs forum and provide some additional information and upload your saved game. 

In general, if someone thinks "this could be a bug or an issue" it's better to post it in the  bugs forum than to discuss it in the feedback forum. 

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

All we've seen is the afters. Despite being asked about FIVE times now, you still haven't told us why the players were unhappy. They don't just approach you and demand a meeting about your management of the team for absolutely no reason. What has happened for it to get to that stage? 

They might. I'm sure you can simulate it. Go a high profile side and put your reputation much lower than that side, then go in, sell half the team and sign half a new team in the first window. The players hate it (understandably tbf)

2 hours ago, Nebuuu said:

fm2020betaME.jpg

Opposition team had that situation against me last night, and rolled it across goal for a tap in. Had me absolutely raging that's the moment it decides to happen.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb kidd_05_u2:

Hey, for those like me who have been discontent with the ME 2000, I think you should read this from SI staff:

It may seem naive to some, but now I feel much better about the release date update. Miles already said this will be the best FM ever. Let's hope they can deliver :thup:

Why not say what they are working on? 

Alsways vage statements like these, the same as last year which was also aparently the best match engine ever despite big problems which were never fixed 

Edited by thejay

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They might. I'm sure you can simulate it. Go a high profile side and put your reputation much lower than that side, then go in, sell half the team and sign half a new team in the first window. The players hate it (understandably tbf)

Opposition team had that situation against me last night, and rolled it across goal for a tap in. Had me absolutely raging that's the moment it decides to happen.

You could actually "stress test" this, albeit not very realistic (and likely not how SI do and balance this) :D. Field your side like this:

GK -  LB -- LM -- AML AMC AMC AMC AMR - FWD FWD FWD

Give all of those Players a role with an attack Duty (role itself doesn't matter, nor does anything else much). In Possession they will all run Forward, including the FB, who effectively is your last line of defense all himself alone (Stoke's Martins Indi in this screenshot).

When the match is About to kick off, tell every Player in his individual instructions to specifically man mark one of the Opposition CBs.
Commence to kick off.

I'm personally still waiting for the demo to give this a whirl. :) 

Edited by Svenc

2 hours ago, Nebuuu said:

fm2020betaME.jpg

You have to admit, that shooting animation looks beautiful.  

23 minutes ago, thejay said:

Why not say what they are working on? 

Alsways vage statements like these, the same as last year which was also aparently the best match engine ever despite big problems which were never fixed 

Game development rarely comes down to specific statements. Unless Peter Molyneux is involved somewhere. 

There's a variety of factors, and you can build your own argument for whatever you want from it but possible reasons to factor in why there isn't more detail. Keep in mind that its largely a message of acknowledgement that they haven't been able to reply to every individuals thread with a fully contextualised response. The most likely reason being time and manpower. Could you imagine how many hours it would take, in addition to the reading and logging of issues from forums, to detail a response - check its correct with other staff who may be responsible for a different element - and then get it up on the forums. Meanwhile it would need to be concise and well structured which doesn't just happen immediately. 

So whichever way you look at it, you can go with either (if no message) well why wasn't there even a general message? To your point about "vague statements" or then onto the end game of if everything was getting a detailed response "Why were they spending so much time on the forums and not working on the game?"

Ultimately a decision had to be made about how best to relay information that there is still work going on for the ME, including details like how many iterations there have been on it since then.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb santy001:

Game development rarely comes down to specific statements. Unless Peter Molyneux is involved somewhere. 

There's a variety of factors, and you can build your own argument for whatever you want from it but possible reasons to factor in why there isn't more detail. Keep in mind that its largely a message of acknowledgement that they haven't been able to reply to every individuals thread with a fully contextualised response. The most likely reason being time and manpower. Could you imagine how many hours it would take, in addition to the reading and logging of issues from forums, to detail a response - check its correct with other staff who may be responsible for a different element - and then get it up on the forums. Meanwhile it would need to be concise and well structured which doesn't just happen immediately. 

So whichever way you look at it, you can go with either (if no message) well why wasn't there even a general message? To your point about "vague statements" or then onto the end game of if everything was getting a detailed response "Why were they spending so much time on the forums and not working on the game?"

It does not take many man hours to just say what issues they are working one. 

Many issues were brought up in the bug forum, they just could have said we are working on the constant long balls between fullbacks or the amr/l being to narrow or the lack of running with the ball, ect. 

It would take less time than writing a vague statement. 

It does not have to be extremely specific and detailed, just some general information 

3 minutes ago, thejay said:

It does not take many man hours to just say what issues they are working one. 

Many issues were brought up in the bug forum, they just could have said we are working on the constant long balls between fullbacks or the amr/l being to narrow or the lack of running with the ball, ect. 

It would take less time than writing a vague statement. 

It does not have to be extremely specific and detailed, just some general information 

Fair point, that may make you feel more satisfied and no doubt a lot of people who share a similar mindset to yourself. But what about those who don't? 

Feedback on issues in the game is still the main aim, feedback on how SI communicates with players and what information they feel they can and cannot share probably comes post-release when its something that could be given more time and consideration. (Probably should also go in its own thread since its a separate matter entirely which would likely gain more traction, and notice, by standing on its own merits)

Out of interest, has anybody sat down, taken a pen and paper, and done some "Research" as to how many of those Long balls / one on one Scenarios are missed/converted in-game? I mean longer term over half or a fully Season, not a streak of a particularly lucky/unlucky throw of the internal RNG dice. I presume internally they must have. Still waiting for the demo myself, however, on Prior Releases there were some way over the top Claims made that weren't quite game reality. I did the aforementioned "test" as "recent" as FM19 too, and whilst there was bad decision making, and a tendency to finish as soon as the ball carrier approaches Goal -- the conversion with this used to hovere slightly above the 50% range (over dozens of such Scenarios). Then again that leads to stuff in lots of space, as often times there would be perhaps one or two Players quick enough to still get behind the ball.

Just curious.

Edited by Svenc

12 hours ago, Ant26587 said:

Anybody else noticed the high number of a.i generated staff with crazy attributes? Especially with technical, loan and HOYD.

Yes. I caught that myself, there are some generated staff with 20's across the board. Very interesting to see.

I also don't know if it's a bug, but I'm having  difficulty finding data analysts with decent Team Judgement stat. The other two, presenting data and player judgement are fine and varied, it's just the team judgement/data stat that is skewed. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Decisions and composure are going to be massive factors in that I think. 

Since about FM18 I've actually started favouring mental attributes over other attributes, because they have (in my un-researched opinion) a bigger impact on how the player performs. For example, getting a defender with high composure and decisions makes playing out of the back so much easier, plus they use their abilities more intelligently. If you have a transitional team with one good defender and one who is lacking mentally, it's blatantly obvious just how badly the one with poor mentals perform. I feel it is the same when dealing with strikers/wingers. Wingers especially tend to be fairly talented but fairly thick, so they're always mucking these opportunities up the wall.

7 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Out of interest, has anybody sat down, taken a pen and paper, and done some "Research" as to how many of those Long balls / one on one Scenarios are missed/converted in-game?

Too much hassle to be doing that mate! :P

I'm not having a major issue with one on ones myself though. In fact, my first competitive goal in FM20 was a one on one, which my team scored. :) Where I have seen one on one's getting missed, it's usually the attacker is coming in at an angle and the keeper is going to make a save, or they've beaten the keeper but have put it wide. If they're straight-on with the keeper, no pressure and the keeper's left space to either side of him, I'm usually seeing a goal as an outcome. 

The long ball thing is common though - I'm just wondering if it's actually uncommon but we think it's common because every other highlight is a long ball?

35 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Too much hassle to be doing that mate! :P

See, that's what I don't get. Guys fill pages on reddit, GD, Steam and the FMBase Rage room thread how there'd be this ridiculous amounts of missed on on ones -- just About an equal amount of time and money apparently seems to be spend on going to the doctor's and getting a new bag of heart pills. And then None of them actually does some Research to Show how off it all would be, even the most skin deep one there could be, considering that not all one on ones should be equal opportunity. As of the Long balls, IIRC it's already been acknowledged that this has to do with an issue as to defender's reaction to them.

Edited by Svenc

11 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Constantly praising players for the same thing just to get their morale to spike is gaming the system, and there absolutely should be penalties for it.

This is true, but the annoying part is the game encourages you to comment on player's training every week, with a big Praise/Criticize button in your inbox. So then, if you want to do it every week, you need to either remember all the names yourself or check the player's interaction history to make sure you didn't just tell him the exact same thing a week ago, which can be quite inconvenient. To get around that, personally I just comment on all player trainings once a month and pretty much ignore the weekly reports (useful to set up an in-game reminder).

But still though, player interactions are one area I'd love to see getting improved. The whole system should be more dynamic and options you're given should be more straight forward. At the very least you should be getting your assistant's feedback on why player reacted a certain way, because some of the responses can sometimes make very little sense and you're then left scratching your head as you wonder whether you've chosen the wrong answer, is it the player's unprofessionalism, or maybe something else, that made him react that way. Either way, a calm "hey, you trained well this week, keep it up" should definitely not lower player's morale if done every week, it's not that spectacular really. And then on the other hand, there's conduct praising that works pretty much every time, even if you use it straight after your player just lashed out on you. If anything, telling your player "hey, I'm happy with your recent conduct" after he just told you to buy glasses, should have a negative effect, no?

3 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

But still though, player interactions are one area I'd love to see getting improved. 

I agree, and I get the feeling it's one area they will concentrate heavily on with FM21, now that the dynamics, medical centre, club vision and development centre have now been integrated. 

However, as I mentioned on the other thread, when looking to improve interactions, you don't want to fall into the trap of making it easy for people to exploit the system by always having a 'right' answer to a situation, as this would completely dilute the entire thing. Like many other things in FM, it's a tricky balancing act. 

4 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

Is the feature broken or am I doing something wrong...when on a player profile and selecting a role from the dropdown, I thought that should highlight the important attributes for that role, but it does nothing? (on FM Touch btw)

This bug has been acknowledged by SI:

Sorry for my multiple posts, but easier to post as I find stuff and have questions.

Two points:

1)  The rules section for the competitions is a lot cleaner and easier to read and find what you need.  A big improvement.

2)  Brexit.  I assume this will be the same as the last few years (ie, a few random solutions to Brexit) as we still don't know what is happening in real life?