Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

15 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

What do you think of the amount VAR disallowed goals per game? I have roughly around 3 per game. This is by far the most annoying feature in the game and sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

What do you think about the amout hitting the woodwork?

What do you think about the missed sitters when strikers are alone with the goalies?

The rest i can live with, even with the ultra tough club vision and grading from Wolves that really should have the data departement have a second look

VAR is annoying IRL as well so no complaints here :lol:

I (or opp) hit the woodwork at least 2 times each game, clearly unrealistic.

Inability to score 1v1 vs a goalkeeper is really annoying one. I am into my 3rd season, I probably had nearly 100 chances 1v1 and I scored none. Seriously, not a single goal. Every single shot is being saved by the keeper. Wtf? ME generally generates way too much chances and to compensate unrealistic scorelines it just makes keeper as superhumans. Most of the games I have 25 to 30 shots, usually 2-3 times 1 on 1 vs a goalkeeper, couple times hit the post and missing a few absolute sitters. Usual scoreline is 1-0.

Edited by Dovydas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Obaaa said:

This game needs a ME update badly. I skipped 2019, was it this bad?

IMO fm20 looks alot better still, do bare in mind this is the beta... fm19 for some of us was "boring" to watch, central play was an issue and crossing was fustrating as it hit the feet of the opposition reguluarly. CAM struggled in some cases and strikers had bad movement/went out too wide at times and barely did anything useful during build up. Had more issues at the start but the march update worked quite well. 

I remember when FM13 came out, being really pleased at all the 1-2's and neat passing moves around edge of the box. Seems like a long time since that kind of thing was possible, or since the ME consisted of much other than trying to get crosses in. Weird because it was clearly possible to incorporate that aspect of play 7 years ago.

If the full game comes out and these things are all still issues I might pack it in for a year. This along with central midfielders chasing the same ball and leaving the middle unprotected, wingers not tucking in on the far side to protect the centre and wingbacks not helping midfielders to defend.

4 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

And those non-negotiable wage percentages they want you to pay are also ridiculous. There should be an option "will not pay for player's wages" or something.

You can add the "selling team wage contribution" to the offer when you are offering a player to clubs, and just lock it to the amount you consider acceptable (which can be £1 if you don't want to pay any). The reason clubs respond with non-negotiable wage percentages is because they can't afford the full wage of the player, which is realistic, this happens a lot in real life. Players will often reject contracts from clubs if you remove this though because the club buying your player won't offer them as high wages as the player would want due to their financial limitations, so sometimes accepting that you have to pay some wages is the best way to get the player out of the team. (See United: Sanchez)

One pattern I've noticed is that when players are driving inside from either wing 45 degrees to the goal, more often than not they'll take the shot on from ridiculous angles that rarely happens IRL. 

I'm talking outside the six yard box on the touchline. Unless you're Roberto Carlos you don't have a chance. No player realistically attempts that shot when one or more players are free for a simple square pass. It's immensely frustrating when it's happening multiple times a game. I have yet to see a "sweaty" goal even though the opportunity is there at least once a game, usually more. 

Anyone playing in Northern Ireland noticed this in the scheduling bit

2075894927_MoyolaPark_Fixtures.thumb.png.e60cc9ec0c3178a593f0dc8c738a9f83.png

If you can't see it it, on the 24/08/19 & 7/12/19 the team play the same game twice at the same time on the same day. I've looked at other teams in the same division and this happens to them all. Not sure if the game will expect me to play both games, or if this is purely cosmetic or not, will update when I get there.

There was a game breaking bug in 19 that made me stop playing it, where there were no new fixtures generated for Northern Ireland after 6 seasons meaning the game was done for, logged on here and got told won't be fixable and that save is dead.

I know @Dagenham_Dave you were playing in Northern Ireland, have you noticed this?

10 hours ago, akkm said:

10 hours ago, akkm said:

Yeah but how many times without match engine exploits did FM enable messi scoring 50 goals a season...so messi was doing that in actual football but no proper football style in FM was allowing messi to play like messi...only exploits allowed messi to score like in actual football

From my end, you needed to get Messi to have the amount of finishes (mostly inside the box) he has in real Football. Which is 5 per game (for CR7 it's actually 7). That usually doesn't neeed an exploit, however it needs him to be the focal point of attacks. E.g. Tuning Things so that more of the finishes fall to his, which doesn't happen by Default. Hence the AI struggles here also, as it can't make a Player the "focal Point of attacks". This is not within the AI's "match Management Arsenal". :D  An admittedly old example of this

7 hours ago, Dovydas said:

Inability to score 1v1 vs a goalkeeper is really annoying one. I am into my 3rd season, I probably had nearly 100 chances 1v1 and I scored none. Seriously, not a single goal. Every single shot is being saved by the keeper. Wtf? ME generally generates way too much chances and to compensate unrealistic scorelines it just makes keeper as superhumans. 

I don't believe in the 1 Goal from 100 1vs1s, however what I believe in is that the lack of scoring from 1vs1 currently may be made up by the conversion from range (as also shown here), which (as in FM19) seems multiple times higher than in actual Football. Somebody actually did a Research here. SI never intentionally beefed up anything so that scorelines would remain realistic. Hence, the reported 3-6 hockey scorelines  every week on FM15, depending on Formation, roles and duties, gifting unrealistic space all over the pitch back to front until patched.

Clearly one of the root causes of there being this many one on ones is exemplified by the CB behavior in the above. Both by a) shifting inside to too closely follow his Partner he makes the distance to Morata too big in the first place. And b) his movement is all wrong, gifting Morata tons of acceleration space by heading headfirst straight into Morata's direction, as opposed to anticipating his (logical) movement goalwards. That said, the above Kind is pretty much usually a 1 in 4 Chance give or take (1 Goal from 4 of such Long-term average). Mind, the volumes may come down anyway once the above is and should be fixed. 

Edited by Svenc

7 days more for full release. Good thing from these missing from 1 on 1 situation is that the opponents also missing them. Imagine if they are scoring every second 1 on 1 situtation.

I think, I would needed a new pc :D

9 hours ago, Obaaa said:

Ugh this is just infuriating from a tactical perspective.

I play FM with staff responsibilities pretty much delegated across the board so I can't really speak for training/scouting etc at this stage but trying to create a tactic that actually follows your instructions is nigh on impossible. The match engine just doesn't do a good enough job of replicating real football. Trying to play through the middle with shorter passing and runs from deep, all I get game after game is switches of play to the full backs. Then crosses into the box when crossing has specifically been selected as 'from byline' and 'less often'.

This game needs a ME update badly. I skipped 2019, was it this bad?

FM's in game tactics have never reflected real life. Its always been about breaking the match engine rather than playing what would work in real life.

I personally play with commentary only. So doesnt affect me.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb andyt365:

FM's in game tactics have never reflected real life. Its always been about breaking the match engine rather than playing what would work in real life.

I personally play with commentary only. So doesnt affect me.

Maybe for you

For me it was always about getting my team to play like real life tactics as possible 

54 minutes ago, andyt365 said:

I have been playing the game since it first came out, and at no point have I ever designed a tactic to 'break the match engine'. In fact, the current beta is the only one I can remember for a long time where team instructions and mentalities are largely ignored for long periods. However, SI have discovered this, and it should be fixed for release. 

Since around FM13, I have had the team in my main save each year play in the style I've wanted, and it's translated very well in-game. I don't expect it to LOOK like real life, as it is, in essence, little stick men running around, but for the most part, I've always felt the game has implemented different tactical styles well enough. Perfect? No, of course not, but it mostly improves year on year, with FM19 (IMO), the first step back from the previous year. 

6 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

One pattern I've noticed is that when players are driving inside from either wing 45 degrees to the goal, more often than not they'll take the shot on from ridiculous angles that rarely happens IRL. 

I'm talking outside the six yard box on the touchline. Unless you're Roberto Carlos you don't have a chance. No player realistically attempts that shot when one or more players are free for a simple square pass. It's immensely frustrating when it's happening multiple times a game. I have yet to see a "sweaty" goal even though the opportunity is there at least once a game, usually more. 

Skip to 2:07.

Player running towards byline has two free players in the 6 yard box and shoots instead.

13 hours ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Can you upload the save to google drive or something and point me to a few games where you are seeing goals from through balls and play through the middle?

If I get the time this evening I will try to upload something for you to have a look at. I am not seeing a lot of balls from AMC through the defense to a striker, but I am playing as Manchester United so most teams have very low defensive lines and such goals are not really expected. I do see some though, when teams come out and attack a little more.

12 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

My sample was from a weekend of premiership fixtures so includes mostly ai games, I know it’s a small sample size however I’ve viewed many ai matches and the trend is the same. 

I have not watched any AI games, so I cannot really comment. From experience of playing the AI, some teams are definitely too defensive and rely entirely on long balls over the top and to the flanks. I will not say there is nothing wrong here, just that in my experience I have seen variety.

12 hours ago, kandersson said:

Haven't played much beta due to persistent crashes and technical issues, can't help to notice that 0 long ball though. This looks very suspect and actually happened to me in FM 19, where I did score on several long balls but the game didn't count any of them (maybe they were counted as through balls? Also, stats showed a very high number of overhead goals, which never happened). I wonder if this is still the case in FM 20? In my limited playing time with beta, I did experience lots of chances created via long balls (both for my team and AI), though admittedly most were missed (had a game against PSG where lone striker Mbappé got 8 clean one on one chances from long balls, and scored just one - he still hit the keeper and scored on the rebound).

I think a few of these have been a long ball to my IF, who then slides the ball to the striker or right winger. As a general rule I do not score goals from long passes over the top. I play with a supporting striker which makes this harder, and I try to build counter attacks on the ground using pace. As I noted above, mostly this happens against bigger sides, or smaller sides who go attacking later in games. Against packed defenses and very low blocks, through balls are very difficult as there is simply not the space to exploit.

12 hours ago, Armistice said:

Let's see some of these goals then, shall we?

If I get the chance I will upload something (possibly not until later in the week, I have a busy schedule at the moment and I would rather spend time playing than editing and uploading videos). However I would not tell you I am seeing things if I am not. What would be the point in that? I want the game to be as good as possible too, and if I was having significant issues I would say so. As I did last year when supporting strikers lacked movement. I do not deny users have a problem, and perhaps it is down to how the ME responds to certain play styles that needs to be looked at. I can only tell you what I am seeing in my game. If anything this not being ubiquitous indicates that specific ways of playing are creating what is being reported. Which means SI need pkms of matches so they can understand. Trust me, I would love a ME where as many different styles of play as possible are feasible.

49 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I have been playing the game since it first came out, and at no point have I ever designed a tactic to 'break the match engine'. In fact, the current beta is the only one I can remember for a long time where team instructions and mentalities are largely ignored for long periods. However, SI have discovered this, and it should be fixed for release. 

Since around FM13, I have had the team in my main save each year play in the style I've wanted, and it's translated very well in-game. I don't expect it to LOOK like real life, as it is, in essence, little stick men running around, but for the most part, I've always felt the game has implemented different tactical styles well enough. Perfect? No, of course not, but it mostly improves year on year, with FM19 (IMO), the first step back from the previous year. 

IMO FM18 was the first step back from the previous year

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Player running towards byline has two free players in the 6 yard box and shoots instead.

This picture shows what it should look like when players shoot from this angle. From the angle of the camera, sure it looks like a simple pass. Though put yourself in the players boots. He had so little time between receiving the ball and having to make a decision (in FM players are taking multiple touches with loads of time). If he takes another touch here, a recovering tackle could be made by No 8. Also the defenders positioning is decent. From our angle we can see the ball across is still on, but again in the players boots he has so little time and its difficult to spot the attacker (In FM defenders would be about 5 yards behind the attackers here). I said it on another post yesterday, the big problem in fm isn't the players shooting from these angles, the problem is that the defenders are terrible and are often so out of position that there's no excuse for the pass not being made. Imo the work has to be done on the defending for these situations, not the attacking

fm dl.jpg

10 hours ago, jase19 said:

I thought the majority of people thought FM19 was the best FM in years?

That's what it's quoted as, the stats back it up and the forums are the minority in the "Negative side". IMO I think the stats misslead cause people still buy the game yearly or however long they do. The things outside the ME was great to see tbh and the only downside was wanting a contract so often if they did well. I'd also argue the people outside the forums don't really see the problems but play it as it is without getting in a twist like some of us. There can only be so many people doing that though so i am inclined to believe people think of it as the best ever. There was a poll at some point last few weeks and I think people in forums generated as fm13/15 were the best and 17 close by (dont quote me on that though, check up on it). 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That happens 1 in maybe what 10-20 games? Bare in mind the league where quality gap is bigger so selfish ways do take their weight, in FM this would be a constant thing you'd see, and would be done by a full back. Lullojo (cant remember his name) has luke shaw shooting from that range/similar angles constantly... a full back. Not even the best full backs in the world shoot alot but the FM through ME seems to think it should. 

56 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

This picture shows what it should look like when players shoot from this angle. From the angle of the camera, sure it looks like a simple pass. Though put yourself in the players boots. He had so little time between receiving the ball and having to make a decision (in FM players are taking multiple touches with loads of time). If he takes another touch here, a recovering tackle could be made by No 8. Also the defenders positioning is decent. From our angle we can see the ball across is still on, but again in the players boots he has so little time and its difficult to spot the attacker (In FM defenders would be about 5 yards behind the attackers here). I said it on another post yesterday, the big problem in fm isn't the players shooting from these angles, the problem is that the defenders are terrible and are often so out of position that there's no excuse for the pass not being made. Imo the work has to be done on the defending for these situations, not the attacking

The defending was fine in FM19. There were never any issues in FM19 with defending as far as I can remember. But for some reason it's been 'nerfed' this year. To balance it with attacking play may be? And if that's the case then the defending has been nerfed too much. Almost to the level where it looks really dumb sometimes.

Edited by pats

6 hours ago, Svenc said:

I don't believe in the 1 Goal from 100 1vs1s, however what I believe in is that the lack of scoring from 1vs1 currently may be made up by the conversion from range (as also shown here), which (as in FM19) seems multiple times higher than in actual Football. Somebody actually did a Research here. SI never intentionally beefed up anything so that scorelines would remain realistic. Hence, the reported 3-6 hockey scorelines  every week on FM15, depending on Formation, roles and duties, gifting unrealistic space all over the pitch back to front until patched.

Clearly one of the root causes of there being this many one on ones is exemplified by the CB behavior in the above. Both by a) shifting inside to too closely follow his Partner he makes the distance to Morata too big in the first place. And b) his movement is all wrong, gifting Morata tons of acceleration space by heading headfirst straight into Morata's direction, as opposed to anticipating his (logical) movement goalwards. That said, the above Kind is pretty much usually a 1 in 4 Chance give or take (1 Goal from 4 of such Long-term average). Mind, the volumes may come down anyway once the above is and should be fixed. 

Ok then my game is broken I guess. I swear it's just simply impossible to score 1v1s, neither for me nor for opponents against me. The single time I remember opponent scoring this was when I played against Barca and Suarez did it. All 100 other chances have been saved by the keeper and like 80% of my goals are from outside the box as the conversion rate of those seem to be a lot higher. My typical game looks like this: 2-3 1v1s saved by the keeper, 2-3 times hit the post/crossbar, missed a few absolute sitters and 1-2 goals from outside the box.

16 hours ago, ravenation said:

So here we go again.

I am performing better than expected. Squad is happy. Board is happy.

One of my players with 4-5 months left of contract refuse to prolong - i decide to sell him and make 50.000 euro out of him.

Then the most logic things happens.

My best player calls me into a meeting why i decided to sell him. I explain him 50.000 euro is good for small club and business. He doesnt listen and get angry.

Now suddenly whole squad is angry because of it and wants a meeting. 

And we all know the exactly same happens if you refuse to sell your best player - then the squad gets upset because you refuse him to leave. 

Tell me again - this is how it works in an amateur football club in bottom of the league ................. I dont get why FM try to simulate things if game cant control simple facts.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cfs6250/screenshot/768355311312330195

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cfs6250/screenshot/768355311312329282

And to make it a total tragedy - one week later - same player that was angry i sold the other guy ask me for permission to leave for a bigger club

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768355311312416917/9C252C73376CBE45E2C16B86AD06F3D766891FFA/

And of course the same players that agree it was very bad idea to sell the first guy are now angry i told Spencer i will only sell him for minimum 250.000 euro

7D59937A7DCED5C979F2F1356CB8556CBAC2FB1E

Total parody game

4 unhappy key players and the whole season and hours of gameplay can be destroyed for something that schould not happen

I simply dont get why features like this are in the game - it has been problem version after version of the game

Player chats have always just felt like a dice role. I hate this part of the game.

Edited by Robioto

5 hours ago, pats said:

It's like every player has vision 20 by default. That pass attempt is just outrageous and shows clear issues with this ME. It's a shame because the game is so good in every other area.  

What's worse, is that there are 3 passing optoins there. The 2 basic that we can all see, but it would even be better if the risky pass went into space for the striker who's moving into the channel vs the Much higher risk switch of play.

What this situation causes the most is a counter attack that occurs via the interception. This further increases the crazy shots on goal stats that some of use are seeing, and the crazy scores as result.

The ME completly ignores the Instructions of shorter passing, Take less risks (Which i have on my entire Defence). What we really need now is a  improved ME to test - We are in the Beta testing for a reason - To test bugs, report them to help. At this rate, if an ME comes out at full release date, what's the point of us reporting it, or being part of the Beta?

If SI released a new ME. I'd happily play some matches, AND provide the same level of feedback like I did for the match I reported.

Can someone from the dev team bring som clarity please, to why we as beta testers cant test the latest version of the ME and are still playing a 15 version old one. Imo in this time we as a community could have helped discover other potential issues with the new one or even better give a big thumbs up of well done you nailed it, this ME is perfect. Apart from the ME this version looks great so congrats everyone at SI! 

9 hours ago, Svenc said:

From my end, you needed to get Messi to have the amount of finishes (mostly inside the box) he has in real Football. Which is 5 per game (for CR7 it's actually 7). That usually doesn't neeed an exploit, however it needs him to be the focal point of attacks. E.g. Tuning Things so that more of the finishes fall to his, which doesn't happen by Default. Hence the AI struggles here also, as it can't make a Player the "focal Point of attacks". This is not within the AI's "match Management Arsenal". :D  An admittedly old example of this

wait so you consider that morata chance a one on one...I certainly wouldn't...a one on one in my view is a player clear in on goal with time and space to finish it

This happened me once earlier. Upamecano receive the ball in opponents box, yes his back is turned on opponents goal and yes he is a defender but all players when they are near opponents goal will somehow shoot from that position but he make a 45 yard pass back to my players who are on half centre of the field.

Don't know is it worth to upload this to bug section.

SV Werder v RB Leipzig_ Pitch.png

SV Werder v RB Leipzig_ Pitch-2.png

10 minutes ago, akkm said:

wait so you consider that morata chance a one on one...I certainly wouldn't...a one on one in my view is a player clear in on goal with time and space to finish it

I personally do. :)Here's Morata's missed three ones from back then for which everybody outside Football analysts was ridiculing him, for instance -- he may be not approaching the Goal from such an angle in the 2nd, but he's similarly pushed. Which may be part of the reporting issue actually (regardless release) --  there may be Players who consider just About any Situation in which the Forward Pops up in front of the keeper to be a "one on one". There may be an overlap with Players who ape the stupid punditry term "sitter" so damn often.  :D 

Edited by Svenc

8 minutes ago, Svenc said:

I personally do. :)Here's Morata's missed three ones from back then for which everybody outside Football analysts was ridiculing him, for instance -- he may be not approaching the Goal from such an angle in the 2nd, but he's similarly pushed. Which may be part of the reporting issue actually (regardless release) --  there may be Players who consider just About any Situation in which the Forward Pops up in front of the keeper to be a "one on one". There may be an overlap with Players who ape the stupid punditry term "sitter" so damn often.  :D 

yeah but only the first one is a proper one on one chance there. the second is a cross and he never gets away from the defender for the third one so how on earth is it a one on one lol...it's a one on two basically being pressured by defender. Only the first chance is morata free from defenders one on one with time and space to do his own thing..which in that instance he executes awfully lol

12 minutes ago, akkm said:

yeah but only the first one is a proper one on one chance there. the second is a cross and he never gets away from the defender for the third one so how on earth is it a one on one lol...it's a one on two basically being pressured by defender. Only the first chance is morata free from defenders one on one with time and space to do his own thing..which in that instance he executes awfully lol

The 2nd one on one isn't off the cross - it's the sequence starting at 0:30. Anyway, those are all widely considered as "one on ones", e.g. "MUST SCORE chances" in the public eye, which is why Morata was made such a laughing stock. I agree with you that none of those are as simple as they seem, but this applies to the first one too. It's a text book example of your average a one on one, which is why any model had it rated at 0.3xg (that 1 in 3 number going around since way before). HOwever, the reason his attempt goes wide in the first place is that the keeper Czech had time to anticipate, come out of his Goal and make the target small for his. E.g. not hitting Czech, whilst at the same time still aiming for somewhere between the Posts, is still a reasonable challenge (in particular at pace and under the time pressure of defenders Closing down).  

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

The 2nd one on one isn't off the cross - it's the sequence starting at 0:30. Anyway, those are all widely considered as "one on ones", e.g. "MUST SCORE chances" in the public eye, which is why Morata was made such a laughing stock. As of the first one, you're making a "mistake" many are doing. This is not as simple as it seems. It's a text book example of your average a one on one, which is why any model had it rated at 0.3xg (that 1 in 3 number going around since way before). HOwever, the reason his attempt goes wide in the first place is that the keeper Czech had time to anticipate, come out of his Goal and make the target small for his. E.g. not hitting Czech is a challenge.

actually svenc your bias is showing big time here...i didnt make any mistake quantifying the ease perceived or otherwise of that chance...i only qualified it as what i would deem a one on one chance...i didnt say it easy or otherwise...i said morata there had time and space to do his own thing which he did and he hit it well wide which was poor so yeah he did it awfully...whether he finishes it or not poor not making keeper work or hitting target so the mistake you made is your bias against people's perception of one on ones made you perceive that i had quantified that chance which i didn't...so major mistake by you there lol. 

Can you also show where the xg model quantifies that first morata chance as 0.3...i'd be interested to see that.

on sequence at 0.30 yeah sorry that was one i meant isn't a one on one more a one on two...he's never away from the defender

third one...ball through the air there from distance and ball actually spins backwards just as he hits it and he never actually has the ball under control isn't that easy a chance

Are you suggesting the xg of all those three one on ones is the same as in 0.3. The first one he has the ball under control last one hasn't and second one he's not away on a one on one

You keep quoting the 0.3 there so can you back that up please especially in context of first and third chances there which are fundamentally different chances difficulty wise...if xg is quantifying them as same probability of scoring then it exposes some of the fundamentally acknowledged flaws of expected goals...and i say that as a fan of it and metrics/stats in football and sports in general

2 horas atrás, srvngrc disse:

Before full release a ME update would be good. At least we can test it for 1 week.

I was expecting that we would have seen something by now. I think we will actually have to wait for the 19th Nov.

No point in raising bugs of an ME 10 versions (at least) ago from what they are currently working on. We have no idea how it is, what was already fixed, if there are any new bugs (since in development, fixing something may create another problem, that's natural)...

Edited by 99

3 hours ago, andu1 said:

Frankly I think the discussions about the current beta ME are obsolete since SI says they have a ME which is 10 revisions higher than the ME we play now. 

Which makes a mockery of those that genuinely still think the early relase every year is a Beta and not a marketing tactic to drive early adoption. 

I'll just echo the thoughts on the ME that everyone else has :- sure there is some improvement to attacking movement but imho central strikers and those in the AMC strata are still largely left out of play due to the LaZ0r passing from widemen and fullbacks. 

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

Just now, treble_yell_:-) said:

Which makes a mockery of those that genuinely still think the early relase every year is a Beta and not a marketing tactic to drive early adoption. 

I'll just echo the thoughts on the ME that everyone else has :- sure there is some improvement to attacking movement but imho central strickers and those in the AMC strata are still largely left out of play due to the LaZ0r passing from widemen and fullbacks. 

Yeah. The issues with it are obvious and I see no point in losing more time with it since they have an updated internal version which they claim is much improved. 

1 hour ago, emil_sbn said:

Can someone from the dev team bring som clarity please, to why we as beta testers cant test the latest version of the ME and are still playing a 15 version old one. Imo in this time we as a community could have helped discover other potential issues with the new one or even better give a big thumbs up of well done you nailed it, this ME is perfect. Apart from the ME this version looks great so congrats everyone at SI! 

23 minutes ago, 99 said:

I was expecting that we would have seen something by now. I think we will actually have to wait for the 19th Nov.

No point in raising bugs of an ME 10 versions (at least) ago from what they are currently working on. We have no idea how it is, what was already fixed, if there are any new bugs (since in development, fixing something may create another problem, that's natural)...

17 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

14 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yeah. The issues with it are obvious and I see no point in losing more time with it since they have an updated internal version which they claim is much improved. 

Taken from the feedback thread pinned to the top of the ME Bugs Forum:

"The reason we ask for PKMs is that every decision a player makes is based on a incredible number of variables, meaning that each case is unique in their own way. This means that specific examples are incredibly useful for the development team. When testing improvements, we can replay certain decisions and events in our updated Match Engines and see if it is still happening.

<snip>

The beta feedback this year has been very helpful and productive, and the main concerns raised fortunately matched up with what we believed to be the main issues internally and we have been working hard on some good improvements. It’s good to know that we were on the same page as you guys"

So basically yes internal testing is ahead of Beta testing however Beta pkms and bug reports will always be useful because of the huge variety of unique cases.  Internal testing won't catch everything.  Beta pkms can also be used to identify issues and then replay them through the updated ME to ensure the issue raised is no longer happening or log it for further investigation.

Raising Beta bug reports and pkms are very far from a waste of time or a "marketing tactic".