*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, SuperMeppen said:

I'm clearly missing something in the maths, but I'm assuming the stats above (and those taken from your tests) are taken from years worth of games - so a good size sample. So with that said, a home win rate of 66% in FM versus 48% in the PL (for example) is a massive difference, and way outside of any reasonable range (which you'd expect statistically to be measured in the 2/3 points either side, not nearly 20%!)

Or am I really missing something obvious here?

If the numbers are coming specifically from user matches I suppose it could just be bias of people managing bigger teams more regularly…

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

If the numbers are coming specifically from user matches I suppose it could just be bias of people managing bigger teams more regularly…

Yes, that's possible I guess, but then if that is the case it makes the comparison versus completely 'real life' meaningless in the context of the original question raised.

6 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

i too had posted the same in the bugs forum around 2 weeks back (it is a bug because the player names are actually a hyperlink, just that the popup closes too early). It was also reviewed and closed. And now i cant find it.

Wait it is a bug? This is a problem since FM22...

6 hours ago, SuperMeppen said:

I'm clearly missing something in the maths, but I'm assuming the stats above (and those taken from your tests) are taken from years worth of games - so a good size sample. So with that said, a home win rate of 66% in FM versus 48% in the PL (for example) is a massive difference, and way outside of any reasonable range (which you'd expect statistically to be measured in the 2/3 points either side, not nearly 20%!)

Or am I really missing something obvious here?

Yes, I think the 66% stat was from human-controlled teams, with human-controlled teams winning 51% of their away matches. I think the point being made was that there was a reasonable difference between the two percentages.

11.JPG.bc25e9937b8f65b7c11ba0bbe286180a.JPG

(chelsea 3-back system)

112.jpg.78c14915ffd1c73131c1484209713a91.jpg

(tottenham 3-back system)

Cucurella, a wide centre-back for Chelsea in real life football, has made a lot of headway, using two central defenders at ball possession.
But now FM2023's wide centre-back doesn't move forward like Tottenham's 3-back when he owns the ball. Even if you give instructions as a wide center back attack role, there is no instruction to advance when you own the ball.
I think a wider range of instructions is needed for wide centre-backs.FM's current wide centre-back role (so that the wingback or fullback can move forward) never creates a build-up structure like Brighton or Chelsea. (This is the same when set to asymmetric.)
In addition to the addition of forward instructions and the 3-back system for ball possession of wide centre-backs, wide centre-backs shall be granted when operating two centre-backs.

1 час назад, zzkeg27 сказал:

I think a wider range of instructions is needed for wide centre-backs.FM's current wide centre-back role (so that the wingback or fullback can move forward) never creates a build-up structure like Brighton or Chelsea. (This is the same when set to asymmetric.)

Do you mean like this?

01-2.jpg.33887ffa1c7b7d903523d969696a28d

#4 is WCB(s) , #2 is WB(a) and #11 is winger. Sorry if I don't understand your message correctly.

So I really like this year's version. The ME turned out really great. The squad planner takes some getting used to, but I always have a bit of a hard time with changes. But overall I am very satisfied!

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Do you mean like this?

01-2.jpg.33887ffa1c7b7d903523d969696a28d

#4 is WCB(s) , #2 is WB(a) and #11 is winger. Sorry if I don't understand your message correctly.

This is just a screenshot of a moment. Within FM2023, if our players succeed in advancing to the opponent's side, a wide center back moves. (Screen shot is a successful scene.))
Build-up, by the way, is a process of progress. To move like Chelsea's Cucurella, you have to move forward in the process to fight the number of opponents who are ahead.

Edited by zzkeg27

4 hours ago, Overmars said:

Yes, I think the 66% stat was from human-controlled teams, with human-controlled teams winning 51% of their away matches. I think the point being made was that there was a reasonable difference between the two percentages.

Ah, I see. That does make much more sense, thanks.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

i too had posted the same in the bugs forum around 2 weeks back (it is a bug because the player names are actually a hyperlink, just that the popup closes too early). It was also reviewed and closed. And now i cant find it.

Okay no worries, if it's been flagged to QA and acknowledged then all good. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, zachalxnder said:

Carabao Cup semis at Wembley?

Something we're aware of and investigating. But for future reference always worth raising issues via our Bug Tracker - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/

Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, Os said:

Strangely quiet in here, sign of satisfaction if you ask me.

Congratulations SI on the new edition of FM.

The ME in my opinion is a very good base, lots of tactical variation and more chaotic. It doesn't need wholesale changes, rather it needs a bunch of little tweaks to maintain the overall feel (the game needs mistakes) while squashing some buggy behaviour. Hopefully they can get the balance right when they update before Christmas 

Improved defensive ME maybe, but some traditions cannot be changed.

It's October of the first season, which means it's Conte-sacking  o'clock. As ever, first EPL manager to fall.

image.thumb.png.227371cea2b1575366bad1a0ea369b88.png

Edited by rp1966

Personally whilst there are some nice aesthetics in the ME, ball bouncing around, bad touches etc. which are improvements, I still think the same issues from last year exist.

Defensive positioning/tracking is still poor, defenders not directly near the ball make completely illogical decisions like running parallel to attackers just letting them run free towards goal instead of just running at an angle to head them off for an easy block or tackle attempt. In some cases they even check their runs or just jog for no apparent reason. This leads to goals where people just run in a straight line and get a 1v1 with the keeper even though there should be covering defenders. It seems particularly bad in central areas. 

Short wide throw ins and free kicks, almost always consistently lead to a good chance, again defensive positions and reactions in these scenarios are all over the place and you still can't control exactly where you want players to be in the set pieces so have no control over this even though the issues are obvious.

Extremely low chance free kicks are scored from very average free kick takers (12s, 13s etc. scoring 0.01 XG free kicks that are like 30 yard bangers). Maybe this is a GK issue because GKs generally seem poor and seem to have hands that the ball just goes through, but these are goals that the greatest free kick takers of all time would be proud of, instead its like Luke Shaw. 

Long punt goal kicks/drop kicks from the GK leading to chances, with defenders just missing headers and the rest of the defence being completely out of position.  PL level defences don't get done by back to front long kicks, especially with no dominating target man around. I'd get it if there was some 6' 7" strong target man flicking it on, but these are literally long punts from the GK that a defender either just completely ignores or misses the header allowing the attacker to just run onto it whilst the rest of the defence just watches it happen. 

Corners at the near post are to strong again, I have a centre-back with 11 goals in 30. 

It's just disappointing seeing the same highlights and issues leading to the same goals. 

Away games really need a rework. Can't understand why Crystal Palace play better than the giants, and press better than them too, not letting us build play, and how I tell my team to press hard and they do nothing... Feels like the press only works depending on the opponent tactic...

Either that or Arsenal has a big debuf that makes players just not care on away matches.......

55 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Defensive positioning/tracking is still poor, defenders not directly near the ball make completely illogical decisions like running parallel to attackers just letting them run free towards goal instead of just running at an angle to head them off for an easy block or tackle attempt. In some cases they even check their runs or just jog for no apparent reason. This leads to goals where people just run in a straight line and get a 1v1 with the keeper even though there should be covering defenders. It seems particularly bad in central areas.

These are annoying but in my head I see them more as graphical problems than match engine problems because the the ME might be correct but the graphical representation of the ME regarding those situations are awful. 

Another example is when the ball is going out for a throwing that will favour you but for some reason your player decides to touch the ball before it goes out gifting the throw in to the opposition 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

While I do appreciate having 28 likes on my performance issues post, I'd really like for people to actually post the screenshots of their GPU usage in bugs thread or someone from the dev team to at least acknowledge it. <.<

Hello. Consider it acknowledged, as is the Bug Tracker post you made. Thanks.  

It's so hard to keep a clean sheet.

The games are like you need to score at least 3 goals every game if you want to win.

I can accept, it's my tactic, the players are not in good position or similar but I can't accept that more than half of conceded goals are mistakes from my players, like the oponnent GK kick the ball, my defenders are reacting very bad, opponnent player gets the ball and scores.

Every second or third conceded goal is like that, even though I put my defenders on CD defend duty with PI take less risks.

I hope there will be a patch soon regarding this issue.. I hope..

So just because they designed and built the game from nothing, because there's some bugs they should just hand over the game code to someone else so they can do a better job, even though they have no idea about any of the code base. And everyone else has been completely unable to produce a game even close to the level of FM. 

How about EA or Ubisoft, so you can only add leagues as additional paid DLC? 

Calling for people to lose their jobs is pretty low.  And not sure how that can't be personal? Maybe they can only sack people that don't take offence eh? 

11 minutes ago, João14 said:

So disrespectful to write that type of things just because your plug and play tactics don't make sense anymore.

What do you mean?You can just set segundo volantes in the middle,CWBs and AF and you will be good all day long…

17 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

It is not about tactics

I still won instant tiles with shity teams 

I won seria A undefeated as Verona instantly but behavior and decision of central defenders is joke.

Alot of people are disapointed  and that is fact!

Nothing fixed from beta !

No update for match engine no update with cosmetic!

We all want better game!

Still 90 perc of player roles are not working!

I can play the style I want, using the roles I like and things work as long as they make sense. Clearly people don't agree that much with you and call for the team to resign is pretty low. Think before you write, no frustration justifies your post the game is more than playable and has a total 0 Z-E-R-O game breaking bugs. This thread is about feedback if you don't like the game that's ok share your thoughts, just be respectful.

12 minutes ago, Smallen said:

It's the best ME they've ever done.

I tend to agree. Even though I liked FM22 a lot I see this as an improvement, really enjoying player movement on 3D. I got my complaints, just not on this thread.

6 minutes ago, João14 said:

I can play the style I want, using the roles I like and things work as long as they make sense. Clearly people don't agree that much with you and call for the team to resign is pretty low. Think before you write, no frustration justifies your post the game is more than playable and has a total 0 Z-E-R-O game breaking bugs. This thread is about feedback if you don't like the game that's ok share your thoughts, just be respectful.

congrats

would u like if si games adds dribbling back to the wide attacking players or do u prefer to keep seing a gameplay with only 1% of feints/skills from inside forwards or inverted wingers in full seasons? ... players at DL/WBL/DR/WBR attempt more dribbles than neymar and vinicious jr no matter what role or instructions u set, this problem with the current match engine is something that has been  acknowledged by si games.

Removed a whole bunch of posts that included stuff against the forum rules - it's one thing to have opinions and feedback on the game, it's another entirely to start directly attacking staff.

I'd suggest people give a read through the forum guidelines, because if people post that again, they will quickly find that they're resigning from being on the forum.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/34-house-rules-forum-guidelines/

As @Neil Brock has said before, and had to repeat more times than he should have to:

"Remember when you talk about SI, you're talking about real people who read these forums. - In the past we've read things like: "SI are idiots", "Did the QA team even test this game" and "whoever is responsible for this should be sacked" and more. These forums were set up to be a way where our development team can engage directly with the community on a whole host of issues. Over time unfortunately the frequency our developers post has dropped considerably due to the types of comments above. Please bear in mind when you're making comments in regards to the game that the people who created it are likely reading. Keep things civil and above all respectful.

On 08/11/2022 at 23:50, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Repeated from my comment in the early access feedback

Yes it really is this bad.

has anyone actually figured out how to remove the rings and earrings?

1 hour ago, Smallen said:

It's the best ME they've ever done.

I tend to agree here.  I like the chaos ball, and the subtle changes they have made.  

5 hours ago, theinfamousmielie said:

Recognising fully that this is probably largely intended as troll-bait ... I'm going to bite.

Sign of satisfaction is a stretch.

FM23 is not all bad. It's not a steaming pile. It's still a good game.

But it has some issues - some more glaring than others.

And people are sick and tired of reading (and posting) about them without any clear evidence that any of their issues will get addressed before the new year if at all. Sour taste has been left, and people are rightly frustrated and upset.

Si.

Piriorise your most common bugs (we no longer beta!) 

Tell us your biggest bug gripes!

We will upload untold *.pkm with issues to you! 

keep us updated if your are revsolving them!

My feelings after trying FM23 are contradictory.

I think that the ME has a lot of potential, I see more tactical variety than in FM22 and the players are more intelligent understanding the play and the support of their teammates, I see chaos in the midfield, poor controls... All of this is excellent. I think there is a great job but I see two important problems that are already reported by several gamers:

1- There are too many absurd defensive errors and positional errors and defending the back. It's too easy to break lines with a pass into space. I'm sure this will be fixed in the next patch.

2- The IF and dribblers with the ball play more like an attacking midfielder, they look too much for associative play and passing into space and very rarely dribbling and running with the ball inside... As soon as they have a defender in front of them, they pass the ball. I see their decisions with the ball as very unnatural, they are one more actor in a choreography of passes but without nerve or daring to face defenders.

I think if they fix the defensive issue and get the IFs and dribblers to play more like FM21 by keeping the rest of the ME like FM23 it will be an excellent ME, but if they ignore the dribbling issue for another year it would be very disappointing.

I do not intend to open a debate about dribbling and I am not going to discuss it because the mods already warned us about it, but now that I have been able to test the ME 23 I wanted to leave my impressions both positive and negative from the respect and recognition to people who works in SI.

7 minutes ago, david_kax said:

My feelings after trying FM23 are contradictory.

I think that the ME has a lot of potential, I see more tactical variety than in FM22 and the players are more intelligent understanding the play and the support of their teammates, I see chaos in the midfield, poor controls... All of this is excellent. I think there is a great job but I see two important problems that are already reported by several gamers:

1- There are too many absurd defensive errors and positional errors and defending the back. It's too easy to break lines with a pass into space. I'm sure this will be fixed in the next patch.

2- The IF and dribblers with the ball play more like an attacking midfielder, they look too much for associative play and passing into space and very rarely dribbling and running with the ball inside... As soon as they have a defender in front of them, they pass the ball. I see their decisions with the ball as very unnatural, they are one more actor in a choreography of passes but without nerve or daring to face defenders.

I think if they fix the defensive issue and get the IFs and dribblers to play more like FM21 by keeping the rest of the ME like FM23 it will be an excellent ME, but if they ignore the dribbling issue for another year it would be very disappointing.

I do not intend to open a debate about dribbling and I am not going to discuss it because the mods already warned us about it, but now that I have been able to test the ME 23 I wanted to leave my impressions both positive and negative from the respect and recognition to people who works in SI.

I completely agree with you. The ME has the best base out of any other ME's from the past. It just have 2 glaring issues which I really hope they fix in the December update. I love the chaos, the interesting tactics that works(no one op tactic) and the first touch of players as well as passing ability having more impact(no more bad teams having 89% pass completion). There are a lot of things to like about the ME this year and with those 2 glaring issues fixed, I can enjoy playing this game a lot.

The biggest issue for me is it feels too similar to FM22 and i think 21 too.

The ME is slightly different but i spend most of my time elsewhere and its not changed much at all for the most part.

Im reliant on skins to help bring freshness but even a lot of them are just the same as theyve been for the past few years.

FM23s problem possibly isnt that its a bad game, its just that its a repeat being sold to a burnt out audience. Maybe SI are doing the right thing pushing for a new audience via consoles/womens football? As maybe its just a case that many of us have played too much for too long and are burnt out this year.

11 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Couple of my mates said they’re able to make 5 subs in home games but only 3 subs in away games, in the Premier League, is this a known bug or likely to be some third party file they’ve downloaded?

Are you sure they arent just using all their stoppages? 

17 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Couple of my mates said they’re able to make 5 subs in home games but only 3 subs in away games, in the Premier League, is this a known bug or likely to be some third party file they’ve downloaded?

u can make 5 subs total within 3 stoppages + half time if u make 1 substitution per stoppage u cant make the remaining 2 subs due to the 3 stoppage rule

I cant be the only who noticed that Gegenpress is a mess for the game. Since FM 22 its clearly the problem of the game. GK, defenders and midfielders mistake always turns into ridiculous goals and gegenpress always was the reason.

SI needs to address the problem with the game simulation as soon as possible.

Why are people referencing waiting until December for an ME update?

Appreciate this has been the norm previously, but previously the BETA ME hasn't rolled into the full release.

They've already hinted that they are pretty close to having an improved version of the ME, i'm hopeful they'll release this as a matter of urgency when its ready and not just fall back into old patterns of behavior.