Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the patch notes carefully:

Containing a number of tweaks, improvements and fixes as listed in our changelist below, the update is save game compatible allowing you to continue your pre-existing saves. 

*In some instances, changes to competitions, rules and registrations will require starting a new game to come into effect.

Edited by YasoKuul

il y a 50 minutes, Caletti a dit :

So far I have played 5 matches and I don't want to get too excited but I think ME looks much better. I will not agree that there is no play through the middle. In my opinion, there is more than before the patch. The second thing is less dribbling and blocked crosses. At the moment I'm positive and I think the patch changed ME to a plus. :)

Lets hope that you are right ! Only played two games tbf

Only played 2 matches on new ME but it def looks better. Play is more varied, goals are more varied and some of the attacking movement is much more natural. Central play has returned too. Not a big sample size but I sense the difference already - thanks SI

11 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Can someone please check quickly whether the Analyst Report (Assists Conceded/Scored showing no values) and Pass Combinations maps are fixed?

Can confirm, the Assists Conceded/Scored part of the Analyst Report now works correctly. :thup:

zTza4u2.jpg

The Pass Combinations maps are still broken, but at least there's data, so one can still make use of them.

X9bTeNV.jpg

Two of my players have come asking for new contracts (in the two ingame weeks I've played), despite only one such player in three years pre-patch

might only be confirmation bias (I think most of them were "preconcerned" anyway), but slightly concerning

5 hours ago, seb999999 said:

I thought it wouldnt be possible to make football manager game worse than last years edition, so i bought Fm 21 because Fm 17 was getting boring, but yet again Si continues to surprise me.

There is so many bugs from captains being removed without any reason and then complaining why i removed him and i havent touched a thing, assigning team numbers is broken, pre contract negotiations where players refuse to negotiate contract, even though you've met all their demands, YOUTH INTAKE!, offside goals where the player is clearly onside, fickle, unambitious, temperamental personalities on alot of good regens and regen staff, weird stats on both regen players and staff, the game engine that was alright on the beta is now beginning to look more like last years mess. 

Im not angry, just disapointted.

I thought the captain thing was happening... Turns out when signing players they were asking to be made captain or vice captain as part of their contract promises. 

Happened loads of times before I realised !!

7 minutes ago, redders1977 said:

I thought the captain thing was happening... Turns out when signing players they were asking to be made captain or vice captain as part of their contract promises. 

Happened loads of times before I realised !!

That's very true, even if you missed it in the contract talks the game tells you what's happened when you sign the player. Caught me out this season :lol:

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

That's very true, even if you missed it in the contract talks the game tells you what's happened when you sign the player. Caught me out this season :lol:

I'd have no problem with it if the player I'm signing had more than 6 leadership!!! 

Just now, redders1977 said:

I'd have no problem with it if the player I'm signing had more than 6 leadership!!! 

I signed Dale Jennings who has no leadership skills & a bad personality & he snuck that into the contract. Was a right pain to try & sort, in fact my former captain still hates me  

I'd really like to see us be able to customise the match screen properly. I usually play in windowed mode so the screen isn't so wide, but i'm forced to play with a wide screen as it's the only way i can play with a customised touchline tablet:

Spoiler

screen1.thumb.jpg.98337ac3cbcd3f5ee90f0e5e1be55f96.jpg

You can see above there's a lot of wasted space under match stats on the left that will never come close to getting filled up. What i also find strange is you cannot customise the match stats on the left, but you can on the right hand side...?! Being able to either hide the left column or customise it would make the screen so much better.

When I play with my prefered windowed mode, I cannot use the touchline tablet at all and there's wasted space everywhere so it should be able to fit!

Spoiler

screen2.thumb.jpg.c043b6afbd34333bab6cbeab837145f8.jpg

The other issue is when i snap back to full screen, the touchline tablet changes shown in the first spoiler then needs to be remade and pulled across to the left:

Spoiler

screen3.thumb.jpg.1e86b145a6a34ced41bd0e503f5b69af.jpg

I'd be happy to hide the bottom bar like i've done above as I'd rather see my player stats on the touchline tablet, but I need the bar often so i can change instructions, mentality and shouts. But pulling the bar back up then removes half of the stuff I have in the touchline tablet:

Spoiler

screen4.thumb.jpg.707e3af68896ef3aab0c01c17a6eac06.jpg

I get why this is being removed as my screen size and resolution won't fit it all in, but i'd like to see the game be a bit more intelligent and reduce the size of the sub-windows in the touchline tablet rather than just removing them altogether. I don't want to have to mess on with text size and resolutions in preferences to try and make this work (as that would make it worse for my inbox and other screens that i'm already happy with).

Having played through 3.5 seasons, I have got used to the new match screens and I think it's just the lack of customisation that is really making me prefer FM20 UI. A bit more ability to move things around and get rid of empty space then it's the best match screen so far. Being able to snap the dugout to the bottom left and strech the tablet across to the middle would be a real winner!

6 minutes ago, Jimaldo said:

I'd really like to see us be able to customise the match screen properly. I usually play in windowed mode so the screen isn't so wide, but i'm forced to play with a wide screen as it's the only way i can play with a customised touchline tablet:

Reveal hidden contents

screen1.thumb.jpg.98337ac3cbcd3f5ee90f0e5e1be55f96.jpg

You can see above there's a lot of wasted space under match stats on the left that will never come close to getting filled up. What i also find strange is you cannot customise the match stats on the left, but you can on the right hand side...?! Being able to either hide the left column or customise it would make the screen so much better.

When I play with my prefered windowed mode, I cannot use the touchline tablet at all and there's wasted space everywhere so it should be able to fit!

Reveal hidden contents

screen2.thumb.jpg.c043b6afbd34333bab6cbeab837145f8.jpg

The other issue is when i snap back to full screen, the touchline tablet changes shown in the first spoiler then needs to be remade and pulled across to the left:

Reveal hidden contents

screen3.thumb.jpg.1e86b145a6a34ced41bd0e503f5b69af.jpg

I'd be happy to hide the bottom bar like i've done above as I'd rather see my player stats on the touchline tablet, but I need the bar often so i can change instructions, mentality and shouts. But pulling the bar back up then removes half of the stuff I have in the touchline tablet:

Reveal hidden contents

screen4.thumb.jpg.707e3af68896ef3aab0c01c17a6eac06.jpg

I get why this is being removed as my screen size and resolution won't fit it all in, but i'd like to see the game be a bit more intelligent and reduce the size of the sub-windows in the touchline tablet rather than just removing them altogether. I don't want to have to mess on with text size and resolutions in preferences to try and make this work (as that would make it worse for my inbox and other screens that i'm already happy with).

Having played through 3.5 seasons, I have got used to the new match screens and I think it's just the lack of customisation that is really making me prefer FM20 UI. A bit more ability to move things around and get rid of empty space then it's the best match screen so far. Being able to snap the dugout to the bottom left and strech the tablet across to the middle would be a real winner!

FM21 Match UI is a mess and will remain a mess. Though some great work is being done in the skinning forum already to try remedy this.

I don't think it's a complete mess and I appreciate that whatever is done means that some will like it, some will dislike it. I've been holding off on that post until I've fully got used to it. But just adding better customisation to it seems to be a no brainer and not one person can say that wouldn't be an improvement.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Im disappointed the AI match mentality when losing (especially away from home and being the underdog) wasn't fixed. Probably the most annoying thing is the complete silence from the Dev team regarding the issue. @GOODNAMEhas a good thread in the bugs section highlighting the issue brilliantly and some of the examples haven't even been downloaded. Can i please ask the Devs for some feedback on this issue please? Communication works both ways. 

We do read all bug threads raised, but don't always have time to individually reply to each one. For this kind of issue we need as many PKM examples as possible to work with. Manager tactics improvements is something on our radar that we do want to improve, but we need to make those changes at the right time when we can properly account for knock-ons and rebalance things.

I hate it when you're in the final stages of your season and a big update is released. The human manager has to completely rethink the tactical side while the AI hits the ground running... My striker who was scoring at about 1 goal a game on average couldn't hit a barn door now, in 6 games.

Edited by duvels

4 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Im disappointed the AI match mentality when losing (especially away from home and being the underdog) wasn't fixed. Probably the most annoying thing is the complete silence from the Dev team regarding the issue. @GOODNAMEhas a good thread in the bugs section highlighting the issue brilliantly and some of the examples haven't even been downloaded. Can i please ask the Devs for some feedback on this issue please? Communication works both ways. 

You would be best to ask in the relevant thread in the Bugs forum where the correct SI staff will see it.

29 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Annoying the opposition goal pop-up not disappearing is still there.

Not game breaking, but annoying indeed. I hope it's not one of those things that never gets fixed. Like the schedule showing the first fixtures of the season and not focusing on the games around the current date.

Edit: must add I do enjoy the game.

Edited by Viking

Only explored new patch for half hour or so this morning, optimisation I will say though has further improved to be fair. Load times do seem a bit slower - though still absolutely acceptable, but everything else seems better. 'Clicks' seem sharper and more responsive, match graphics are much sharper (even for 2D setting), and CPU/fan has gone from a gentle hum before to absolutely silent, even during a match.

Will dive deeper this evening and test out the ME.

2 hours ago, fidelitywars said:

Anyone else noticed a (hugely annoying) 'instant reply' issue since the update? My team scoring now just seems to be an invitation for the opposition to equalise with their next attack. Driving me mad.

That was the case even before the update. So annoying at times.

24 minutes ago, duvels said:

I hate it when you're in the final stages of your season and a big update is released. The human manager has to completely rethink the tactical side while the AI hits the ground running... My striker who was scoring at about 1 goal a game on average couldn't hit a barn door now, in 6 games.

It would nice if the updates could cache until you were between seasons - would be a good option for those with space to accommodate the downloaded update.

As far as this update goes, not seen any dramatic changes in either my FM or FMT saves (only a couple of games in each), so changes seem to be applied more subtly than they often have been in the past - this is very welcome.  Waiting for more games to get a feel for changed trends in the way my tactics play, but definitely OK with things so far.

Edited by rp1966

1 hour ago, frank_olaf said:

Just a small thing which I find annoying that has been introduced in this patch, when you acknowledged a scouting report, the bottom of the report shifts downwards (see video).

Not sure if this is considered a bug so have raised it here first.

Well that means that is being dealt with, I like it.

ME is still ok which is a godsend.

Still something that really is irking me, player stats are still not matching up to the player analysis.

e.g; At half time Havertz has 3 key passes in the player stats, I go to see what area he excecuted the passes in the Player analysis and he has only 1 key pass accounted.

I posted a bug report on issues like this in the relevant bug forum to no response.

This is something that has never been an issue in previous editions of FM.

25 minutes ago, mp_87 said:

Only explored new patch for half hour or so this morning, optimisation I will say though has further improved to be fair. Load times do seem a bit slower - though still absolutely acceptable, but everything else seems better. 'Clicks' seem sharper and more responsive, match graphics are much sharper (even for 2D setting), and CPU/fan has gone from a gentle hum before to absolutely silent, even during a match.

Will dive deeper this evening and test out the ME.

You say yours is a gentle hum. Are you using a laptop or tablet? I am using a laptop and mine is very loud.

14 minutes ago, d d said:

You say yours is a gentle hum. Are you using a laptop or tablet? I am using a laptop and mine is very loud.

This will depend on the cooling fan profile. Some laptops have a very aggressive profile set to hit max RPM at 60 Celsius, some won't go into max RPM until 70-80 Celsius.

Edited by goranm

My conference team have just knocked the ball about like we're 2002 Brazil. One touch galore. Lovely to watch, but really hoping long ball still works and that there is still a clear disparity in quality on the ME when managing teams in the conference and championship/premiership. 

As on previous editions it was great managing a team in the conference, then going to a team in a higher division with better players and seeing how different the team plays quality wise on the ME!

I'm not a Spurs fan but I've just ran 3 holiday tests in the Premier League to get an idea of who overachieves etc and Harry Kane didn't make the top 20 scorers on 2 out of the 3 test runs and only managed 19th top scorer in the third! This game does not seem to like him very much.

6 minutes ago, pbxtn said:

I'm not a Spurs fan but I've just ran 3 holiday tests in the Premier League to get an idea of who overachieves etc and Harry Kane didn't make the top 20 scorers on 2 out of the 3 test runs and only managed 19th top scorer in the third! This game does not seem to like him very much.

Maybe it's Mourinho's problem in the game. Look at his attributes, he's one of the most all round players in the game

1 minute ago, hungmn said:

Maybe it's Mourinho's problem in the game. Look at his attributes, he's one of the most all round players in the game

Could be, they did get relegated in one of those test seasons I did. To be honest from what I've experienced myself of the game so far (albeit in the last patch) he was performing way below what was expected when I was messing around with different tactics. The obvious attribute lacking is his pace which would explain why all the fastest strikers do the best in the game, plus Karlan Grant strangely :D