Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Go to Preferences and choose the "Match" option in the dropdown menu. It's under "Match Storage Space/MB".

Cheers man, found it in the end, you have to do it from the home screen 

Just seen you in my game by the way, you're in the Liverpool U23s  :onmehead:

ETA: It's there in game too, it's been a long day 

Edited by Johnny Ace

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, forameuss said:

But where is the time they'd need to polish?  If you're agreeing that there would be the same number of features, then they'd probably be getting the same level of testing they would have done anyway.  In fact, probably less, because instead of having a couple of rounds of being used in the retail version, you'd only have beta testing at best.  That's the problem.  Like I said, I can see why on the surface it looks like a no-brainer, but it's more likely to hinder than it is to help.

The time they would give themselves. Fixed, inflexible deadlines made a year in advance will always be problem in any type of software development. With additional content they get to set the deadlines themselves, which can mean an extra month or a few weeks to develop a feature,  that is significant. Have you looked at Civilizations release model?

Your point about there being less testing is wrong, its 100% not true that there would be less testing.

12 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Struggling with the negativity re. patches, got to be honest. 

I have never known a games company like SI that is as transparent with it's customers when it comes to bugs and the like. They might exist as I am not a "gamer" in the true sense of the word nowadays due to time constraints, but gaming has been my main past time and I have owned most major consoles and a game capable pc for something around 30 years.

Before the release they were quite open about the affect of covid on their operation and the game, and asked for patience. Of course it is down to individual choice if that patience is rewarded, but personally given the tens of thousands of hours their game has given me over the last 30 years, they will be getting it from me.

I don't believe SI have purposefully released a game with bugs in it, and my gut tells me that it would have been put back further if it had been solely up to them (although of course I don't know).

I too am disappointed that there is - let's be honest - a long term game breaking issue in the game. I would be playing far more if there wasn't but I, like many, am holding back. I log onto the forum daily hoping to see that a hotfix is out.

But at the same time, as disappointed as I am, I appreciate that working practices and environments have been massively interrupted at times over the last 10 months in the UK, and that a fair bit of the work need on this version in respect of competition rules etc was completely unexpected until at least halfway through the development cycle for this version.

I have posted similar in other threads and been accused, ridiculously, of being paid by SI or being a "fan boy". I am neither of those things. I just believe that given their consistency, their transparency and their passion for their product, SI deserve a level of patience during these completely unprecedented times.

They will get that from me. They are human beings trying to do the best they can at the end of the day. I want them to release the patch as soon as possible, and hope that is soon. And each to their own. But those setting them time limits under the threat of "never buying the game again" are literally cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

They are doing their best. They are open about the fact it's an issue. 

The full game has been out for three weeks.

Great post

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Cheers man, found it in the end, you have to do it from the home screen 

Just seen you in my game by the way, you're in the Liverpool U23s  :onmehead:

Glad you found it, and superb! I so often see myself languishing in the lower Welsh league, or worse, playing for United, that it's nice that I ended up playing for Liverpool somewhere! :lol:

18 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

What is it ? I was curious to know where this screen is from ...

YEA !!!
Exactly that I also hope ... I really want the game to be fluid in the 3d match engine, no stuttering or problems with nvidia cards; D

The Christmas patch could come out today, Sigames usually launches on Thursdays, next week it’s already Christmas so it won’t come out, I still believe it could be today, the problem is just this ... I created a new save here

I have had it 3 years, was fixed after sometime 1st two  years when i had a nvidia card. I now have a radeon 5700xt and it still lags. Needs sorted.

18 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

The time they would give themselves. Fixed, inflexible deadlines made a year in advance will always be problem in any type of software development. With additional content they get to set the deadlines themselves, which can mean an extra month or a few weeks to develop a feature,  that is significant. Have you looked at Civilizations release model?

So you believe that a game based on seasons with fixed, inflexible schedules, can get away with that?  Aye, ok.  Plenty of other software can.  Most games can.  They already get grief for releasing on a fixed schedule slightly after the season begins, you think it'd be a popular decision for it to come out...sometime?

20 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Your point about there being less testing is wrong, its 100% not true that there would be less testing.

Go on then, care to offer anything to prove why it's "100% not true"? 

This is from before the patch that apparently is just released (I will download it tomorrow now).

I just started a game unemployed, and after a few weeks am offered the job to Manage AIK in Sweden. This is there demands for this season.

curretnseason.png.95799ba8bc36ed24469935d7ba75c7bd.png

And this is the current table, with 9 games remaining.

AIKTable.png.a7bb53c0c0ef3c1b0e2d2cc1b6d18aaf.png

So to achieve that goal, I would literally have to win every single game, and hope that almost everyone above me scores almost no points.

Is there an extra stage of the league that I am missing here? Is the board just stupid? Or is this a bug? 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Nothing about the USA in the changelog, fml

Bear in mind the changelog lists only some of the issues. We would suggest trying the game for yourself or asking in the relevant bugs forum threads for more details. 

Just now, LolloViola said:

yes it is, under gameplay

Further improvements to inactive leagues generating newgens

So not fixed? 

Nothing changed with this so far I can see in the changelog as well. 

Nothing mentioned about the stats that were broken except xG? 

Come on just the 3 things I wanted to have fixed :(

1 minute ago, LolloViola said:

yes it is, under gameplay

Further improvements to inactive leagues generating newgens

You would have thought they would expand on this further considering it's an overhaul as they said. Maybe they will in a separate thread or that 'youth intake' bug thread. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Bear in mind the changelog lists only some of the issues. We would suggest trying the game for yourself or asking in the relevant bugs forum threads for more details. 

Interesting, is this because of communication issues from the dev team to you guys? its weird having a changelog not list all changes.

Regardless, heres hoping that newgen bug is fixed. Im glad to see the manager bug is fixed.

Just now, Daveincid said:

Swiss Bunker - Check

Food - Check

Energy Drink - Check

Internet Speed - Check

Excel Sheet for Testing - Check

Merry xmas everyone! :D

Merry Kwanzah dude, let me know if there is anything i can do to help with testing and simulating. I wanna make sure everything is proof tested before i go making a save and i got all day.

Just now, ratio1618 said:

Interesting, is this because of communication issues from the dev team to you guys? its weird having a changelog not list all changes.

Regardless, heres hoping that newgen bug is fixed. Im glad to see the manager bug is fixed.

Which manager bug?

Just now, francis#17 said:

Which manager bug?

Teams would lose a manager and only have a caretaker in place for the rest of the save meaning no contracts got renewed and im pretty sure transfers were not being made correctly.

Just now, kingking said:

Has A.I illogical registration bug been fixed? For example clubs not registering their good players

Just now, Zemahh said:

Can someone please check quickly whether the Analyst Report (Assists Conceded/Scored showing no values) and Pass Combinations maps are fixed?

uKEyc5c.jpg

HSgmRSZ.jpeg

Would be much appreciated!

Test and find out. Patch notes are intentionally vague it seems.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

So not fixed? 

Nothing changed with this so far I can see in the changelog as well. 

Nothing mentioned about the stats that were broken except xG? 

Come on just the 3 things I wanted to have fixed :(

There's been a large number of changes, too many to include all of them in a changelog, so we would suggest checking in-game if a specific issue is important to you.

Thanks.  

4 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Can someone please check quickly whether the Analyst Report (Assists Conceded/Scored showing no values) and Pass Combinations maps are fixed?

uKEyc5c.jpg

HSgmRSZ.jpeg

Frustratingly still broken.

Seriously, you can have xG back. I just want my analyst data to work. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.27.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.27.20 PM.png

5 минут назад, Zemahh сказал:

uKEyc5c.jpg

HSgmRSZ.jpeg

Assists Conceded/Scored map are fixed!

Pass Combinations and Key Moments are quite strange... 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Wozzie said:

@Neil Brock what happened to badges on generic kits?

I know a lot about Football Manager 2021 but not absolutely everything, so I'm afraid you'll need to be a bit more specific regarding what exactly you mean. Is there an issue related to them you're asking about? 

37 минут назад, JordanMillward_1 сказал:

With how Arsenal are playing this season, not sure that's all that much better! :lol:

Oh, this is punch! :D 

I watched few Arteta's confs, looks like it will be the most dominant relegation for Championship ever :brock:

Look, my biggest problem is stuttering, boring lag ... And from what I saw it continues with less intensity more continues, it seems that the game has now been streamlined, the dolls are faster ...

Apparently FM 2021 will be called Lag Manager, you can have the NASA computer that does not help rs

15 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I know a lot about Football Manager 2021 but not absolutely everything, so I'm afraid you'll need to be a bit more specific regarding what exactly you mean. Is there an issue related to them you're asking about? 

They are partly gone after the update.

Edit: 2nd pic.

obraz.thumb.png.47ec20402fee39516b22a86ba3f29978.pngobraz.thumb.png.ffcfd0cd327a8c8e8aba62f7b55ecb5b.png

Edited by Wozzie

1 minute ago, Leon_fogo said:

Look, my biggest problem is stuttering, boring lag ... And from what I saw it continues with less intensity more continues, it seems that the game has now been streamlined, the dolls are faster ...

Apparently FM 2021 will be called Lag Manager, you can have the NASA computer that does not help rs

What are your specs? It runs buttery smooth for me.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Really disappointed by the data analyst screen being ignored in this update.

Whilst we of course would love to be able to address every single issue raised within the community we only have a limited number of developers and a limited amount of time. Every logged issue was prioritised based on severity and the number of people it would have affected. 

Whilst it is frustrating when something you're passionate about isn't directly worked on, we still as always will continue to update and support the game over the coming months. If you do find any issues in 21.2 please do make us aware via the bugs forum.

Thanks.