Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Style said:

so update 21.2 DID NOT fixed the Israeli number issue. (even tough it was fixed in update's notes)

still unplayable. really disappointment from SI team.... 

Have you tried with a new save game, as it's unlikely that competition and rule group type issues will be save game compatible as noted in the changelist. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Have you tried with a new save game, as it's unlikely that competition and rule group type issues will be save game compatible as noted in the changelist. 

hey neil 

yes. u can see in the "israeli league specific issues" forum thread people report + update a save file.

with new saves in 21.2 - the bug still occurs. 

Edited by Style

1 час назад, enterprise1 сказал:

This years FM is probably the first version for many years that i've been able to implement my own tactics successfully, instead of downloading knaps! So I'm highly enjoying it so far.

YES!

I played few games for different styles based on IRL managers and all of them working! From start or after I correct them by analysis.

AI is not passive and not agressive, just as needed for casual games

5c0da44e284c721a8c1d42d7e17f8e72.gif

SI please dont improve ME for FM21 more :) Great job, this is done :applause:

Edited by Novem9

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

We do read all bug threads raised, but don't always have time to individually reply to each one. For this kind of issue we need as many PKM examples as possible to work with. Manager tactics improvements is something on our radar that we do want to improve, but we need to make those changes at the right time when we can properly account for knock-ons and rebalance things.

I send there 8 pkms and examples so I don't really know how much to send.

I hope in 21.3 this will fixed, cuz the ME is really perfect.

1 hour ago, enterprise1 said:

This years FM is probably the first version for many years that i've been able to implement my own tactics successfully, instead of downloading knaps! So I'm highly enjoying it so far.

Big one for me. Happy that knap has helped out so many over the years but now we have a ME that works to the uniqueness of each team. Think alot of people have had issues this time thinking knaps tactics are plug n play for every team when it's really not now.

Fantastic work from the SI ME team :applause:

Edited by ImDaWeasel

Does anyone know what the previous issues were in regards to:

- Rule issues and changes in Scotland 
- Spanish promotion fixes

Just want to make sure it's worth carrying on my old save and they aren't huge issues.

Also, it says further tweaks to work permits and brexit rules... are these save game compatible? And if not, what are the differences between the two versions now?

5 hours ago, YasoKuul said:

Read the patch notes carefully:

Containing a number of tweaks, improvements and fixes as listed in our changelist below, the update is save game compatible allowing you to continue your pre-existing saves. 

*In some instances, changes to competitions, rules and registrations will require starting a new game to come into effect.

Do we know which leagues this pertains to? I am assuming/hoping not any of the main European leagues I have loaded, as could that have a knock-on effect on selling players to other leagues.

I also agree that this is the best Fm ever. Only thing I don't like in these new versions is players development. 

It is too slow, except for wonderkids with very, very high PA. 

Also players above age of 23 will rarely even improve. Which might be realistic but again.. Do you remember earlier, that attirbutes would grow until even 30's.

For example, if some central defender has 15 for marking at age of 18, it is perflectly logical if he is through his career one of the best defenders in the world that he has 20 marking at age of 30 for example. But here, attribute will rarely even grow by more than 2.

I remember playing some saves for 10 seasons just to see how good some wonderkid can be. It would usually end up with some insane mental attributes and 20 for marking for example. 

That is very good for long term saves. I have a feeling that players stop developing at age of 23/24. And then that player becomes boring. Which again, it is maybe realistic, but I think players should develop until early 30's, without that stupid attributes compensation, where they would decrease some attribute for anoter to grow. You learn something each year, you are more experienced, you are smarter, you are constantly becoming better at some aspects of the game ( except for speed of course) so I wish better/less strict/faster development in future versions. Constant development is very fun to me, I would keep one player as I said just to see his maximum for many seasons. 

Edited by Marko1989

6 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Can confirm, the Assists Conceded/Scored part of the Analyst Report now works correctly. :thup:

zTza4u2.jpg

The Pass Combinations maps are still broken, but at least there's data, so one can still make use of them.

X9bTeNV.jpg

@ZemahhIf you click on the actual match, so the match report, you will be able to see the pass combinations and a load of other stats

2 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

@ZemahhIf you click on the actual match, so the match report, you will be able to see the pass combinations and a load of other stats

Really? I explicitly looked for the passing combo map last night in all it's locations (pre-post-in match) and it's still broken from what I saw. They now tally the numbers correctly as shown above and if you click on a single pairing you get what may be the correct #, but the overall white lines are still crocked.

Which view were you seeing them in? Maybe I missed one, as I thought I covered the 3 or 4 entry points to it.

1 minute ago, CaptCanuck said:

Really? I explicitly looked for the passing combo map last night in all it's locations (pre-post-in match) and it's still broken from what I saw. They now tally the numbers correctly as shown above and if you click on a single pairing you get what may be the correct #, but the overall white lines are still crocked.

Which view were you seeing them in? Maybe I missed one, as I thought I covered the 3 or 4 entry points to it.

So if you click on the score of the match (e.g. if the match ended 2-1 click on 2-1) it takes you to the match report, then click on Analytical Data, which is at the bottom right of the screen and then you will be able to see all the data. 

Edited by francis#17

50 dakika önce, Marko1989 said:

That is very good for long term saves. I have a feeling that players stop developing at age of 23/24. And then that player becomes boring. Which again, it is maybe realistic, but I think players should develop until early 30's, without that stupid attributes compensation, where they would decrease some attribute for anoter to grow. You learn something each year, you are more experienced, you are smarter, you are constantly becoming better at some aspects of the game ( except for speed of course) so I wish better/less strict/faster development in future versions. Constant development is very fun to me, I would keep one player as I said just to see his maximum for many seasons. 

That is very good point. I've started watching Turkish 1st league from early 90's and I guarantee some players at mature age were developed. It can be cultural thing but I'm sure there are many examples in other leagues. Some players become professional and develop good attributes at even 30's. They learn a thing or two.

Edited by baris28

6 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

So if you click on the score of the match (e.g. if the match ended 2-1 click on 2-1) it takes you to the match report, then click on Analytical Data, which is at the bottom right of the screen and then you will be able to see all the data. 

Thanks for the reply. Data yes no prob there - I was referring to this:

image.png.334f2bf8007916e2c1d359fe05643532.png

I guess I shouldn't be asking while on my work machine, I could just double confirm myself then :lol:

soo.... I see a new update is out? save game compatible? Does this from anyone playing so far know if the youth candidate issue has been resolved and also if the difficulty etc has been tweaked. The new version to make it a little harder and last of all has the problem when you played against certain teams they hardly attack against you been resolved?

I seen the checklist but want to know from anyone playing if any good real differences have been seen so its worth loading my save up again? 

35 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Thanks for the reply. Data yes no prob there - I was referring to this:

image.png.334f2bf8007916e2c1d359fe05643532.png

I guess I shouldn't be asking while on my work machine, I could just double confirm myself then :lol:

Ah Ok I dont thin that exact one is there. But you can see all passes and all pass combinations between players and the numbers of passes.  That should give you the same information but in a different form.

How would you use the screenshot youxshowed above to help you analyse an opponent ?

Edited by francis#17

Why can I only see how this player plays as a "segundo volante" when I am using him as a "defensive midfielder" but I am unable to select this role to see how he performs? I don't care how he performs as a SV because I am not using a SV in my team. 

image.thumb.png.1457735ba3be5e5756ebfadfc6ad8a9b.png

2 hours ago, baris28 said:

That is very good point. I've started watching Turkish 1st league from early 90's and I guarantee some players at mature age were developed. It can be cultural thing but I'm sure there are many examples in other leagues. Some players become professional and develop good attributes at even 30's. They learn a thing or two.

Exactly. I think it was 2017 when they changed something and players don't develop as they used to. 

Take for example Kevin De Bruyne. He was much better player when he was 28 than when he was 24. In recent fm's, from age 24 to 28 he can only get attributes drop, not grow.

And Vardy is example of exactly what are you saying, he keept developing even after 30. He is now maybe the best premier league striker at age of 33 and he was not even close to that at age of 26 for example. But I never even got a reply from SI for my requests on this forum, and nobody else has complains on this, so, I don't expect that they will change something. 😑 That would be so good for long term saves.. 

Edited by Marko1989

18 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

You can indeed, it is in the Tactical Screen previous to the game, or by going to Schedules after the game is played.

Thanks for this......I can see total attendance on schedules. Is there a way to see the home/away split as in FM20?

I can't seem to get to the tactical screen you mentioned (maybe me missing something or skin related, not sure).

I'm playing as Rangers and my squads pre-season training camp has been announced, and we're off to Kirkintilloch. As someone who is from that area I find it highly doubtful that Rangers would leave the "excellent training facilities" we have to go to Kirkintilloch, which isn't that great of a place.

I've added a map for reference.

1.PNG

OMG YES! A comprehensive Match Engine change-list! Thank you SI! Ive been ranting about this on Twitch for years now, showing respect to the hardcore fanbase. Keep it up!

PS. Dont forget that little opt in beta match engine patch system you tried last year. IF there is a major ME patch in future, maybe for winter update, Please use the player base to test it for you.

1 hour ago, Wizard boy said:

Now there has been a increase to have 9 subs on the bench will there be an update to have this in the game unless it is already? 

Probably not until the next patch, no. It happened the same day as this patch coming out, which would have been too late to include it and make sure it was working properly.

16 minutes ago, Kyznar said:

PS. Dont forget that little opt in beta match engine patch system you tried last year. IF there is a major ME patch in future, maybe for winter update, Please use the player base to test it for you.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do beta patches in future, Kyz. When they did them last time, what happened was that everyone opted into it because "It's the new patch, but early!", and then complained that it broke their saves and it was SI's fault that they hadn't made back-ups, despite SI telling people the beta patches might have bugs that break saves and to back-up saves if they didn't want to lose them if they ran into such a bug. Very few people also decided to actually properly provide bug reports for those issues that broke their saves, they just complained instead.

All in all, unless the community has changed enough to accept what the word "beta" means, and be willing to actually provide bug reports for any such beta, chances are they won't have beta patches after full release.

56 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do beta patches in future, Kyz. When they did them last time, what happened was that everyone opted into it because "It's the new patch, but early!", and then complained that it broke their saves and it was SI's fault that they hadn't made back-ups, despite SI telling people the beta patches might have bugs that break saves and to back-up saves if they didn't want to lose them if they ran into such a bug. Very few people also decided to actually properly provide bug reports for those issues that broke their saves, they just complained instead.

All in all, unless the community has changed enough to accept what the word "beta" means, and be willing to actually provide bug reports for any such beta, chances are they won't have beta patches after full release.

That's a shame, as I was quite happy to test and provide pkm's - and for sure I thought a lot more of SI for engaging with us in that way.  Perhaps a certain number could sign up - but with the proviso that they do provide pkm's as well as the type of feedback you would put here - but then I suppose it would be difficult technically to roll out a patch to only a few customers...

2 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Why can I only see how this player plays as a "segundo volante" when I am using him as a "defensive midfielder" but I am unable to select this role to see how he performs? I don't care how he performs as a SV because I am not using a SV in my team.

You're not seeing how he plays as a SV, you're seeing what his recommended role is for the DM *position*. If you change to the MC or MR position, you'll see the recommended role for those positions. He's compared against all players in the DM position, regardless of the role they play in that position.

56 minutes ago, damjanovski said:

Great patch, but the match engine looks a little bit too fast!

True. I played a couple division 5 games with my team and those matches where almost comparable to real football and it still was very enjoyable with slower speed and worse first touches. Then I went to watch FA cup game Liverpool - Arsenal and it was like Flash x20 playing. At higher levels defenders get still rounded a bit too mutch and running speeds got too big meaning compared to real life. Certainly not easy thing to get right and in same time keep game enjoyable. Don't get me wrong I'm loving this game but this speed balance is at the moment too high at the higher levels.

Was sacked by Leicester in FMT first time since FM19  I guess. Whatever I tried to do didn't work. Perhaps we shouldn't have said the game was easy during beta stage lol.

Edited by CM

18 hours ago, Viking said:

I am talking about his position being "unknown" whilst it's clearly shown both with the dots and in the information box.

That is his recommended postion and role which is unknown.

One of the guys in the background has winger and another inverted winger and some have unknown.

That would show up by scouting them

21 minutes ago, bcereus said:

This is my biggest issue with the game and why I have given up on the last 3 editions except for the beta this year.

In the beta, players did exactly what I wanted them to do. Then they changed something on launch and it was back FM 20 football with a sprinkle of centre play.

Then everybody told people who complained that they were all crazy. Even the CB always playing the ball to the flanks. Then they come out with a patch for the ME now that tried to fix the CB thing. But people on here will still tell you that you were crazy to spot the issues.

It's so disingenuous. It's very difficult to interact with people here because they champion the game and just refuse to accept criticism.

They attempt to patch alot of issues in the current patch, which tells you there was alot of issues to be patched. But most people on here acted like it was perfect.

Play one half of football in this game and I can see all the issues, if you take off the rose tinted glasses, it's so obvious to see. It's not even close to real football.

I understand why they did it though, I'm starting to get how this ME works. The basically allowed center play in the beta but realized that defenders couldn't cope so they defaulted back to abit of FM 20 where your players have a tendency to switch it to the flanks. Instead of fixing the issue with good defending, they just made it so your players start doing the dumb **** in FM 20. Launch it wide again and again.

I don't know why but I know what I see and each patch is indication I was right.

Completely agree @bcereus

I'll put this one again in the freezer :-)

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Is there a way to know which of the league changes are not save compatible? The * covers the whole subsection, while the * itself says in 'some instances'. For instance do the brexit changes need a new save and even if we are not a club in one of those leagues does it impact our interactions with those leagues in regards to player transfers and the like?

Do empty national sides like this point to a registration/league/country update problem or does this occur now and again? I don't spend much time looking at national sides, so I may be completely off base with it :-)

image.thumb.png.d6b2216af3e6aebb68337c7d2d15c1ee.png