Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Buuuut, I'm not sure on the real life stats on hattricks? But I see a lot, both from my teams and others in an active league. Not always from attacking players either.

I've noticed that goals to far post from wide angles are much easier to convert in FM21, so my full/wingbacks are scoring for fun. I've had Kimmich score 8 as a Fullback (A) two seasons in a row and recently a regen Wingback (A) (on fullback position) scored a hattrick in the CL final.

2 hours ago, linuxe said:

The game runs really poorly on high end systems, this bug has been present in previous iterations as well but has later been fixed. So I'm stunned that it's actually back, I've played less than 2 hours on this years edition just because I can't stand watching a choppy match engine.

This is an issue with your system. I have a high-end PC, everything runs smoothly on "Very High" graphics settings. The same graphics settings run smoothly on my moderate-end laptop. In both cases initially the graphics were stuttering, which was resolved by updating the driver and restarting the game. Zero graphics issues since then, both on fullscreen and windowed.

45 minuti fa, Pyeman31 ha scritto:

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was reading a few days ago about a youth intake bug where you'd only get youth intake players from the league's loaded only. Has this been sorted yet?

Still waiting for the patch.

FYI I almost reduced 90% of killer long ball from defense setting my pitch as short and wide, think that is the only solution atm.

23 ore fa, Robson 07 ha scritto:

Don't think I've ever really looked for this annual thread before or commented in it but this version of the game is offkey, it's the only way to describe it.

The game or interface as everyone calls it looks smarter, feels smooth, but is just unnecessary in so many ways.  Too many interactions, pointless interruptions, worthless information just becoming one stupid click following another,  Its as though it has lost objective and is simply stuffed full of easy-clicking fluff that frankly isn't a game or a hobby.  It just....candyfloss.

I've only skimmed the last 3-5 pages but have already seen the comment that I relate to,  There is no immersion.  Its an intangible thing in many ways but FM'ers know when the game feels right, a save is one to savour, you're at home in your little fantasy world for a few minutes/hours.  But it's not here,  FM21 has no heartbeat its just a shiny thing.

Press conferences are both frequent & bloated.  Staff responsibilities have become an annoying chore.  Induction/help an interference.  Restless players literally too restless.  The match experience either OTT, or if build up is turned off, some sort of weird widgetless unhelpful thing.  Btw, what's with the silly hearts for player condition and that kinda nonsense?

And then a lower level winge list like youth players kinda hidden in a detached development centre away from the club (or so it feels); who needs a loan manager; how is a 3-5 year strategy helping anything; can't find where I adjust squad status to lessen moans about agreed playing time; don't care why the manager from the team my player is loaned from is calling me; don't care if I can point an imaginary finger or wave imaginary arms in a press conference and whether or not a reporter likes it; expected goals...expected what excuse me; and so on and so forth.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.  Or in the case on FM, leave the base game alone but instead keep a damn close eye on the match engine and how tactics react with it.

Agree with every word. FM 20 and 21 "features" are useless and counter intuitive

I have not yet bought this years release, I do plan to, but judging by the feedback here, plus the bug reports, it seems to me there are many things that need fixing, so am going to wait a while and see how things pan out, with the inevitable hot-fixes / patches.

For a quick question, with the in-match assistant managers advice, has this got any more realistic / helpful. I'm used to stuff like "we should try shorter passing" then 5 minutes later "we should try more direct passing" etc  ?

Time to put the game on hold. The block cross every time is getting annoying. My Fullback runs runs runs runs, then tries to pass but always hit the defender and resulting in a corner. Never a feint, never pass earlier when it's clearly the ball can be passed freely. Perhaps the only way to bypass this annoying 'bug' is a wingless tactic. Enemy does the same, btw. 

Naamloos.png

Edited by RinusFM

Is it possible to switch off or delegate somehow this stupid and tedious questions about my players scoring on international breaks? "Are you happy that player X scored for his country?"

Like, no man! I'm ****ing furious he did!! 

I would like to get rid of that stupid interuption of processing please !

12 hours ago, Mikal said:

Always check your release clauses kids.

Untitled.png.49f571cb424414b9f29de00d66a7f142.png

Ouch!! Stuff like always catches me out, I signed a skillful dosser on a free who had the club captaincy written into his contract which I completely missed, that didn't finish well  

5 hours ago, RinusFM said:

Time to put the game on hold. The block cross every time is getting annoying. My Fullback runs runs runs runs, then tries to pass but always hit the defender and resulting in a corner. Never a feint, never pass earlier when it's clearly the ball can be passed freely. Perhaps the only way to bypass this annoying 'bug' is a wingless tactic. Enemy does the same, btw. 

Naamloos.png

If you find the time, that might be worth logging on the bugs board, really doesn't look good as it's a no brainier what he should be doing there regardless. Even an early cross to your uncircled guy would've  been a better option than running to the byline  

I don't want to be one of those but does that guy have low mentals or decent for the level? What role is he playing & the team mentality? 

29 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Is it possible to switch off or delegate somehow this stupid and tedious questions about my players scoring on international breaks? "Are you happy that player X scored for his country?"

Like, no man! I'm ****ing furious he did!! 

I would like to get rid of that stupid interuption of processing please !

Unless you are on long term save try Touch. After I switched to Touch it it has been easy to process the game and happy not to be disturbed by silly questions.

Edited by CM

39 минут назад, Johnny Ace сказал:

Ouch!! Stuff like always catches me out, I signed a skillful dosser on a free who had the club captaincy written into his contract which I completely missed, that didn't finish well  

Lol I joined for RBL in FM20 journeyman and missed club vision case where I need to win 1 trophy at season at least :eek: They fired me in March despite club was 3th and ChL place was our no doubts (they was 5-6 without me)

I just found best TI and team cohesion improved, but I got a kick in the ass. Just skipped Club Vision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Lol I joined for RBL in FM20 journeyman and missed club vision case where I need to win 1 trophy at season at least :eek: They fired me in March despite club was 3th and ChL place was our no doubts (they was 5-6 without me)

I just found best TI and team cohesion improved, but I got a kick in the ass. Just skipped Club Vision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's easy done when you're limited on time & want to get to the next game :lol:

8 hours ago, cherryman71 said:

For a quick question, with the in-match assistant managers advice, has this got any more realistic / helpful. I'm used to stuff like "we should try shorter passing" then 5 minutes later "we should try more direct passing" etc  ?

Afraid not - my initial feedback with the beta was basically that the assistant's advice might as well be removed from the game as literally I got told "go more direct" - did it (as I was thinking about it myself) and then 5 minutes later was advised to go short!  There's also still the "you need to mark x" with a couple of minutes to go in the game (and the player isn't a sub).

Even though I wouldn't personally recommend the game right now (I would 100% have recommended during the beta) - I think rather than feedback influencing you, do take advantage of the demo - you might love it, as you can see from the feedback, there are plenty who do.

Could I just ask, given that this is a feedback thread, that those people making posts going "I don't know if this is a bug or not", and then basically posting a bug report, post it directly to the correct bug subforum in the first instance instead? In some cases we won't be able to tell you if something is intended or not, and so posting it directly to the bug forum means that one of SI's QA or developer staff will be either able to tell you directly if it isn't a bug, and if it is, then you've already posted it in the right place to get reviewed and put on the fix list.

Cheers :)

7 horas atrás, RinusFM disse:

Naamloos.png

Is he playing as FB or wb/cwb? each have their own behavior on the wings. Plus, do you have TI's such as work ball into the box or shorter passing? 

I've been messing around with the demo and the big negative for me is the matchday UI. I hate it. I feel totally powerless in game as the feedback provided is so minimal that I don't actually know what is going on. Things like average position used to be a huge help, now I can't have them until half time. I get the realism argument but this is one of those examples where the realism v fun pendulum has swung waaaay to far in one direction. The info we had previously filled in the gaps from not actually watching the full match- now I feel like I either have no real sense of what is going on or I have to spend 20/30 minutes on each match. 

Current situation:

- playing on a very short pitch at home to avoid long balls -> as an only-2D player, I've got two grey columns at sides completely empty and useless. If I turn on permanently the left side panel with stats and events, it remains on and I have to disable for the next away game (where the pitch will be 99% of times larger, so covered by stats on left side).

- zooming in at maximum (always due the short dimensions) means that if I want to see the whole pitch, I have to hide the bottom bar. No way to check performances "live" (as no widgets and no bar) but above all no way to shout at players without clicking to show the bottom bar back and then select the shout, unless I'm missing something.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Caletti said:

Will we finally get a patch to fix bugs and restore ME from beta?

In fact, we've been waiting for some updates for quite some time. We haven't heard in two weeks when they release any patches. It would be appreciated if they warned us when they give it to us.

55 minutes ago, Piksi#10 said:

It's quite alarming that we have a game breaking bug that's not been addressed properly almost 20 days after the full release of the game. I realize the pre-Christmas patch will drop soon, but surely a hotfix could have been rolled out to fix this very important issue. Talking about the newgen problem of course.

And it's especially annoying that the thread discussing it got locked.

42 minutes ago, Kirariuk said:

In fact, we've been waiting for some updates for quite some time. We haven't heard in two weeks when they release any patches. It would be appreciated if they warned us when they give it to us.

Nice that you'd "appreciate" it, but it's never going to happen.  The only time they'll know for sure an update is coming is when it's out.  Not like they can say "it'll be ready a week on Friday".

59 minutes ago, Piksi#10 said:

It's quite alarming that we have a game breaking bug that's not been addressed properly almost 20 days after the full release of the game. I realize the pre-Christmas patch will drop soon, but surely a hotfix could have been rolled out to fix this very important issue. Talking about the newgen problem of course.

If a fix was available and tested sufficiently, then they probably would have rolled out a fix.  They haven't.  You think they're just holding it back until they find some window for it?

except they kind of have rolled out a "hotfix" for the newgen bug, either the 1.2 or the 1.3 fixed it

if there's still issues, then it's likely more deep-rooted than that, and will need further development

and if you think that there's going to be a majorish update dropped pre-xmas, you're actually kidding yourself
take a look at most companies (and how 99.99% of them shutdown over xmas), and I'd bet that it's highly likely that the next "hotfix/patch" won't actually be dropping until late-January at best (and I'd argue the "winter transfer" in mid-Feb is more realistic)

16 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

except they kind of have rolled out a "hotfix" for the newgen bug, either the 1.2 or the 1.3 fixed it

if there's still issues, then it's likely more deep-rooted than that, and will need further development

and if you think that there's going to be a majorish update dropped pre-xmas, you're actually kidding yourself
take a look at most companies (and how 99.99% of them shutdown over xmas), and I'd bet that it's highly likely that the next "hotfix/patch" won't actually be dropping until late-January at best (and I'd argue the "winter transfer" in mid-Feb is more realistic)

I'd be inclined to believe that if they had a reliable enough fix for the newgen bug, they'd release it.  There's always the thought of support post-release, of course (today was the last day we could release anything before a several week long change freeze started) but if they were confident enough in it, it would buy them a bit of favour.

But a larger update?  Yeah, not a chance.  This is a slightly skewed calendar, so I expect the next "big" one might well be the January Transfer update.  Maybe we'll get a bug-based one earlier than that and then the data one later.  Who knows.

13 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I'd be inclined to believe that if they had a reliable enough fix for the newgen bug, they'd release it.  There's always the thought of support post-release, of course (today was the last day we could release anything before a several week long change freeze started) but if they were confident enough in it, it would buy them a bit of favour.

But a larger update?  Yeah, not a chance.  This is a slightly skewed calendar, so I expect the next "big" one might well be the January Transfer update.  Maybe we'll get a bug-based one earlier than that and then the data one later.  Who knows.

I hope you are wrong and we get big patch earlier. I'm really angry. Another year we get uincomplete and bugged game and we must wait 2-3 months to fix that. It's a not funny joke about players paying full price for an incomplete product

If they release a hotfix for this major problem in late January, then with all due respect, I will no longer be buying this game in the future. I understand it might be complex, but this is something that has worked in all previous versions of the game and a staff member actually commented on the issue, saying the fix would actually improve the game as we know it, suggesting they were quite far in their development of the hotfix. 

I fully expect a patch to drop before Christmas, not during Christmas, Samdiatmh. They owe us that much as loyal customers. It's like this forum can be somewhat of a parallel universe, suggesting we should be happy they released the game at all, even if it has major bugs..

Edited by Piksi#10

22 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I hope you are wrong and we get big patch earlier. I'm really angry. Another year we get uincomplete and bugged game and we must wait 2-3 months to fix that. It's a not funny joke about players paying full price for an incomplete product

I've never understood the mindset of people talking about how many years it's been the same old story, yet continue to shell out on the product anyway.

18 minutes ago, Piksi#10 said:

If they release a hotfix for this major problem in late January, then with all due respect, I will no longer be buying this game in the future. I understand it might be complex, but this is something that has worked in all previous versions of the game and a staff member actually commented on the issue, saying the fix would actually improve the game as we know it, suggesting they were quite far in their development of the hotfix. 

I fully expect a patch to drop before Christmas, not during Christmas, Samdiatmh. They owe us that much as loyal customers. It's like this forum can be somewhat of a parallel universe, suggesting we should be happy they released the game at all, even if it has major bugs..

It'll be here when it's ready.  If you're putting some kind of time-frame of your own making on it, you may as well just give up now.  Would you really rather see a half-arsed fix before Christmas as opposed to a solid one in Jnanuary'?  Because that's essentially all that matters.  You can't just say you want it by a certain date

Edited by forameuss

16 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

I agree on this one. The full backs rarely (if ever) pass early. Instead they keep running and running until there's no more grass to run into and then they cross. The problem is that these crosses are 90% of the time useless and get blocked, resulting in a corner. BTW, this is why we have 15+ corners every game  (or most games).  A secondary problem that derives from this situation is that by doing this, the fullacks kill the flow of the game for their team and slow the tempo down way too much, rendering their team-mates off the ball movement completly useless.

12 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

If you find the time, that might be worth logging on the bugs board, really doesn't look good as it's a no brainier what he should be doing there regardless. Even an early cross to your uncircled guy would've  been a better option than running to the byline  

I don't want to be one of those but does that guy have low mentals or decent for the level? What role is he playing & the team mentality? 

9 hours ago, afailed10 said:

Is he playing as FB or wb/cwb? each have their own behavior on the wings. Plus, do you have TI's such as work ball into the box or shorter passing? 

They both playing Fullback, FullWingback and Wingback depending on enemy tactics. I noticed in attacking more they got the PI to cross from byline. But Support or Attack, both do run to byline and rarely pass to free standing players. Most of times (95% or so) they pass into the defender and that results in a corner. I do not have pass into box or shorter passing toggled on. However, I've Hulk from Porto in my team I play him on the right instead of left. He's preferred feet is left. I noticed he would pass more to free standing players. Perhaps cause of his preference.  I still believe it's kind of bug because the opponent also has this issue.  They also never do a feint, or run and suddenly stop and pass. Like in real. 

Edit: Imho. He sees 3 free standing players. No matter the setting he should pass to one of them instead of running to byline. It's logical thinking. 

Edit2: It's under review: https://community.sigames.com/topic/539824-lot-of-crosses-are-blocked-straight-to-corners/ Nice. https://community.sigames.com/topic/541908-early-crossing-non-existent-once-again-is-it-even-written-into-the-code-ive-never-seen-it/

Edited by RinusFM

I don't know why you people are even thinking there will not be a Christmas update. 21.2.0 was already confirmed by SI on the bugs forum. If they didn't suddenly changed their mind, the update should be out soon.

Proof

On 11/12/2020 at 14:58, Woodg SI said:

This should be in the next "proper" update so 21.2.0 in the coming days (note that any fixes to the database for localisation (comp names, club names etc) will not appear until the "winter" update in Feb/Mar)

4 hours ago, Caletti said:

Will we finally get a patch to fix bugs and restore ME from beta?

If you refer back to posts from Jack Joyce, one of the ME developers, you'll notice that only things like referee decisions, goalkeepers not going for the ball, and defenders not tracking 3 striker formations properly were changed within the ME. Nothing else in the ME was changed, so there's nothing in the beta ME to restore, other than some bugs.

As others have mentioned though, SI have said they plan to release a patch soon, "in the coming days", which suggests before Christmas.

58 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I don't know why you people are even thinking there will not be a Christmas update. 21.2.0 was already confirmed by SI on the bugs forum. If they didn't suddenly changed their mind, the update should be out soon.

Proof

Nice. Hope they fixed the AI issues of not attacking when behind and all the stats issues. These have been reported all the way in the beta as well and I hope it was priority along with youth intake. 

The more I think about it the more I think that FM would benefit in having a similar to model to the Civilization games in order to create the best game it can be (well made features with less bugs, I'm not talking about financials here). It currently has the FIFA/NBA/sports game release cycle but a game of this much depth is not suited to it in my opinion.

Release one edition every 3 or so years, but during its life release lots of additional content you have to pay for such as updated squads, new game features such as enhanced training, better press conferences, game engine enhancements, UI updates etc. This would give the team more time to build a better game instead of having short development cycles where they have to build new features in time for the yearly release date and which would also lead to less bugs. This additional content could be fairly costly, and I and I'm sure most in this forum would happily pay for it if it meant a mostly bug free and well developed experience. I don't know how this would affect the rest of the customers, SI would know more about that but I would hope that their would be space for this type of model since you have big games like Civilization that have a dedicated paying user base. This type of move would likely change the game from being for casuals (although I question how many true many casuals play it) to a more hardcore RPG customer base, but that for me at least is more of what I would like. Again I have no idea how this would affect the financials but from a customer experience perspective I think it could lead to massive improvements.

I guess you could look at it as if the current model is almost the same as what I mentioned, each year they add quite a few additional content, but I think its quite different as they have to have the promo schedule, retailer stock work etc which uses a lot of time and resources and also they have rigid, inflexible deadlines that is not suited to agile development.

Edited by francis#17

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

Proof

that post was also made on December 11th

so "within the coming days", and yet it's now 6 of them without any update to the game

hmmm, there might be an update planned - but some developers work on different timescales
with most of his posts being within the "translation issues" section, they've likely got a more flexible deadline than someone who works on the actual programming of the game

Edited by samdiatmh

28 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

The more I think about it the more I think that FM would benefit in having a similar to model to the Civilization games in order to create the best game it can be (well made features with less bugs, I'm not talking about financials here). It currently has the FIFA/NBA/sports game release cycle but a game of this much depth is not suited to it in my opinion.

Release one edition every 3 or so years, but during its life release lots of additional content you have to pay for such as updated squads, new game features such as enhanced training, better press conferences, game engine enhancements, UI updates etc. This would give the team more time to build a better game instead of having short development cycles where they have to build new features in time for the yearly release date and which would also lead to less bugs. This additional content could be fairly costly, and I and I'm sure most in this forum would happily pay for it if it meant a mostly bug free and well developed experience. I don't know how this would affect the rest of the customers, SI would know more about that but I would hope that their would be space for this type of model since you have big games like Civilization that have a dedicated paying user base. This type of move would likely change the game from being for casuals (although I question how many true many casuals play it) to a more hardcore RPG customer base, but that for me at least is more of what I would like. Again I have no idea how this would affect the financials but from a customer experience perspective I think it could lead to massive improvements.

I guess you could look at it as if the current model is almost the same as what I mentioned, each year they add quite a few additional content, but I think its quite different as they have to have the promo schedule, retailer stock work etc which uses a lot of time and resources and also they have rigid, inflexible deadlines that is not suited to agile development.

Never gonna happen considering SI is a company and I don't blame them for it. They killed the competition and are reaping the benefits of it. 

29 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

that post was also made on December 11th

so "within the coming days", and yet it's now 6 of them without any update to the game

hmmm, there might be an update planned - but some developers work on different timescales
with most of his posts being within the "translation issues" section, they've likely got a more flexible deadline than someone who works on the actual programming of the game

Make it 3 days considering weekends. Wouldn't surprise me if it released tomorrow. Thursday is a good patch day, if something pops up you can still fix it on Friday or early Saturday. 

Considering he's talking about an actual update and we know other things have been acknowledged for weeks and youth intake bug is priority I would be very surprised if all these things don't make it and 21.2.0 is just a translation update...

1 hour ago, Double0Seven said:

Never gonna happen considering SI is a company and I don't blame them for it. They killed the competition and are reaping the benefits of it. 

Being a company is nothing to do with it as their are companies with this business model that are extremely successful such as Civilization. Really you want to know what the impact on the finances of the company would be.

Regardless my post said this is nothing to do with finances as we have no idea of what the financial implications would be. I'm talking purely about what would make a better game for the users while following other successful business models. If you dont think it would lead to a better game for the users then fair enough though.

Edited by francis#17

8 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

If you refer back to posts from Jack Joyce, one of the ME developers, you'll notice that only things like referee decisions, goalkeepers not going for the ball, and defenders not tracking 3 striker formations properly were changed within the ME. Nothing else in the ME was changed, so there's nothing in the beta ME to restore, other than some bugs.

As others have mentioned though, SI have said they plan to release a patch soon, "in the coming days", which suggests before Christmas.

I have read previous posts and maybe ME has not been changed very much but other things that affected it have changed. Despite the same tactics, commands and players, the team plays differently. Again there are a lot of pointless dribbles, passes between the mid-backs and the midfields. Things that indirectly influenced ME have been changed and no one will convince me otherwise.

Edited by Caletti