Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

16 minutes ago, 4football said:

Every year there is something that makes game experience pretty broken. Previous versions were famous for 1v1. It was fixed somehow. Now we have crosses and blocked shots. Did SI introduce problems on purpose so there will be oportunity to say in next FM version that we improved 1v1 or crosses or whatever is broken? :D

I wonder if there will be at last and at least 1 balanced  version that is playable without stupid things like this :/

They have to balance the ME somehow, otherwise this game would be called Handball Manager.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also i can not understand why there is so huge difference between home and away games. It is 2 different teams. Where at away games they almost can not create anything. Like players stats are diveded by 2 plus hangover.

IRL if a team is good then it is good everywhere.

1 hour ago, Vali184 said:

They have to balance the ME somehow, otherwise this game would be called Handball Manager.

what prevents them from balancing without introduction of new broken things? Balance and test it. Need more time for test? Do not make beta for 1 or 2 weeks and go to realease with almost no fixes. Make closed beta for 3 month for 5% of players. Open beta for 3 month. Etc

5 minutes ago, 4football said:

Also i can not understand why there is so huge difference between home and away games. It is 2 different teams. Where at away games they almost can not create anything. Like players stats are diveded by 2 plus hangover.

IRL if a team is good then it is good everywhere.

FM has always made a much bigger deal of home and away differences than are true to life. In reality the biggest difference comes from the fact that home teams naturally play more attacking and get pushed into taking more risks by the home support (which mostly works in their favour and sometimes spectacularly backfires - hello Palace) and away teams tend to play more conservatively until they have the confidence of being a consistently winning squad. 

In FM it always feels like hard-coded home advantage regardless of tactical approach.

4 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

FM has always made a much bigger deal of home and away differences than are true to life. In reality the biggest difference comes from the fact that home teams naturally play more attacking and get pushed into taking more risks by the home support (which mostly works in their favour and sometimes spectacularly backfires - hello Palace) and away teams tend to play more conservatively until they have the confidence of being a consistently winning squad. 

In FM it always feels like hard-coded home advantage regardless of tactical approach.

exactly
home or away
AI plays with the same tactic
But players just completely sucks at away games

This was the case in all FMs that i was playing. And i was always wondering what is going on

Edited by 4football

Can you make it so it's easier to view youth squad staff like previous versions. Currently, you click to view the staff and for the 1st team, you can bring up a more detailed view with contracts etc. and hover over them to see their stats.

image.thumb.png.8917b3ee31743b4d8e16dd493fa1cdd0.pngBut for youth squads, the only way to be able to this is to take over training or something similar to present the youth squad tabs in the left hand pane. Previous versions (pre development centre) didn't do this and it was much easier to manage staff. Currently, you can only view it like so otherwise:

image.thumb.png.021c0fceb94625ee3a066f673f1d1cbd.pngwhich makes it much more difficult to evaluate staff - you have to click onto each staff member individually to see their stats.

1 hour ago, enterprise1 said:

Has anybody else been getting low ratings for Deep-Lying Playmakers?

My DLP is the opposite. Currently leads the league in AvRtg, Key Passes and Assists, and in only 6 matches has more assists than last season in 28 matches.

1 hour ago, goranm said:

My DLP is the opposite. Currently leads the league in AvRtg, Key Passes and Assists, and in only 6 matches has more assists than last season in 28 matches.

Is he the responsible for corners and set pieces?

8 hours ago, Adit Agrawal said:

Hey bro!

A new player here I just want to ask is modding safe? Will it ruin my game?

Other than that can you tell me how this MOD is working for you like what changes are you noticing vs the actual game??

hey @Adit Agrawal

I've mostly used the ones from @majesticeternity & @Daveincid and never had a problem. I know they are testing heavily before release and I get the feeling they know what they are doing.

But if you are a new player I wouldn't advice you to use the Smarter AI Managers mod right out the gate. Start a save and if you find it unrealistically easy, download it and use for your next save. 

Edited by freddieos

In a display of complacent laziness, I didn't bother to change my attacking 4231 for an away trip to Brentford. They stuffed me 6-1 in a terrifying encounter. Out-classed doesn't even come close. I just wish it happened more often. No way should I win League 1 with lowly Crewe and be top of the Championship the following season. I'm hopeful the patch has injected some sanity into the football world of this game. 

Edited by rdbayly

Player ratings feel really iffy, a defender that does his job as defender, but then has a poor passing rate because he hooves the ball up front (which I'm perfectly fine with considering my tactics) gets garbage ratings because his passing accuracy is low. Seems pretty silly that my entire back four is considered to have had a pretty poor game, while keeping a clean sheet. Seems passes are a bit overrated rating wise (at least for players in positions where this shouldn't be the main priority).

Other than that, I haven't really seen any of the major issues that some people are getting with the update. If anything, I'm seeing an issue with my team suddenly being way too good after the patch :lol:

Personally, I'm seeing much better crossing, more variety (players clearly aiming for people in space, cutting past defenders etc) and yes blocks will still happen, but that's kinda how football works? Not sure about neutered central play, my current tactic is not build around that at all, so hard for me to judge. I have seen my team get carved apart beautifully through the center though, so clearly some very good central play can still happen.

41 minutes ago, freddieos said:

hey @Adit Agrawal

I've mostly used the ones from @majesticeternity & @Daveincid and never had a problem. I know they are testing heavily before release and I get the feeling they know what they are doing.

But if you are a new player I wouldn't advice you to use the Smarter AI Managers mod right out the gate. Start a save and if you find it unrealistically easy, download it and use for your next save. 

Thank you so much!!

I won't try it right now but is it working well for you??

Are you getting adequately challenged can you tell me how it's improved the AI managers??

Thank you

I swear by it and find the game too easy without it (it's even better on FM21). But I got pretty good during Covid :lol:.

The Manager mod makes them better at squad building, rotation and countering your tactics amongst other things. See more in the mod description:

Edited by freddieos

Anyone see the Bruno masterclass this afternoon? Why's that impossible to replicate in FM? Even the AI can't, Feb 2021 & he has 4 goals in 21 PL games, Rashford on the left with 10 & Greenwood on the right with 8. In fact Bruno's been dropped for Lingaard by AI OGS

You can't say the middle of the pitch is congested & the wide areas are always free so that must be where the ball goes. Liverpool yesterday went straight through the middle of Palace numerous times yesterday, as you know, good players can actually take people on & play in tight spaces. You could see Robertson & TAA free on the flanks & they'd still go central a lot of the time. 

Leeds played a DM, oh no a DM, can't play an AMC if the oppo have a DM. He was subbed off at HT

Sorry if that's a bit moany but it's been like this a few years now. We have slightly improved central play but the flanks are still king in this game    

My save has fallen off a cliff post patch. Wasn't using a cheat tactic either just a 4-3-2-1 with IFa Mez/DLP/CM APs and a AF up top, positive approach, very few instructions (Counter press, focus play through middle etc). Football looked good pre patch now it's all a bit slow and the wide players just keep cutting it back when they should cross or rattling it into the defender.

Time to shelve it till March. 

I am superduperhappy at the moment. Being really lucky here; Surived CL groups with Cork City way too soon. It's just nearly 2025... I believe FM21 might be the easiest version I've played. But perhaps I am just superlucky to pull this off, lol. Imho, I see less blocked crosses as well. It surely has improved. 

Naamloos.png

Edited by RinusFM

Player becomes jaded and needs a rest. I rest him for a week and play once 10 days later. He's jaded again. I rest him two weeks and then play him for a couple of matches. He's jaded again.

I think the jadedness thing is over the top in FM21. Just program fatigue into physical condition and leave it at that. If a player has "green heart" condition for a game then he shouldn't come out of that game feeling jaded.

31 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

My save has fallen off a cliff post patch. Wasn't using a cheat tactic either just a 4-3-2-1 with IFa Mez/DLP/CM APs and a AF up top, positive approach, very few instructions (Counter press, focus play through middle etc). Football looked good pre patch now it's all a bit slow and the wide players just keep cutting it back when they should cross or rattling it into the defender.

Time to shelve it till March. 

Earlier in the thread I bemoaned the new patch wrecking my Salford save - it did make a complete mess of the end of the season I was playing and I expected to be sacked because of it.  That didn't happen.  Now that I've played through a preseason and tweaked my tactic based on the behaviour of the new ME things look OK again.  I'll say yet again, the game needs to cache updates to be applied between seasons.

In your case, - if you're a long way from season's end either battle through re-adjusting your tactic with the new ME (shouldn't take more than 5 games) or resign and pick up a new club at season's end. If you're near enough to season's end and can survive take pre-season to reset everything.

Edited by rp1966

10 minutes ago, Chris2509 said:

image.png.9b4b1994da3b88d1b559dfd796b7f20b.png

Couldn't find any explanation in-game. Am I missing something?

likely would have been given a week off because of the dreaded RST icon
I've not seen it happen (well, unless I've done it in the training tab), but this article happens as a result of that

Edited by samdiatmh

Playing the demo and it's worldies every game. Plus the shot/goal ratio seems incredible. I'm managing in the Scotish lower leagues and watching the ME I couldn't tell if i'm watching peak Barcelona. The only difference seems to be the amount of action rather than the quality. Or is it just me?

Also, not sure if already covered but what happened to the feature of telling all the interested teams to match the bid of a different team for one of your players? 

Edited by Fraaj

3 hours ago, Fraaj said:

Also, not sure if already covered but what happened to the feature of telling all the interested teams to match the bid of a different team for one of your players? 

Still exists, I think. I had it crop up for a couple of my players.

11 hours ago, Wardy1011 said:

Can you make it so it's easier to view youth squad staff like previous versions. Currently, you click to view the staff and for the 1st team, you can bring up a more detailed view with contracts etc. and hover over them to see their stats.

image.thumb.png.8917b3ee31743b4d8e16dd493fa1cdd0.pngBut for youth squads, the only way to be able to this is to take over training or something similar to present the youth squad tabs in the left hand pane. Previous versions (pre development centre) didn't do this and it was much easier to manage staff. Currently, you can only view it like so otherwise:

image.thumb.png.021c0fceb94625ee3a066f673f1d1cbd.pngwhich makes it much more difficult to evaluate staff - you have to click onto each staff member individually to see their stats.

Staff - All Staff - Scroll down until you get to the U23/U18 section. You can still view them like how you are viewing the First Team's staff attributes.

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

Ok, I'm the team that lost but I need to show you this goal

The defender is running backwards way too long, thus leading to this goal. I saw it happen in my game as well. Highely annoying. 

with removing viewing stats during play "we making it more realistic"doesnt hold water here. "More realistic" sacrifising game enjoyment of a gameplay is a terrible idea. Even that excuse doesn`t hold water when it comes to removing player`s statistics during the match. The reason why we need to have that info because unlike "realistic" scenario as a manager i don`t sit and watch whole match,only key moments of the game,which means i cant judge as real manager would which out of my 2 defenders,attackers or CM plays better this game. If you guys so invested in "realism" should we expect you next year removing all options except watch full match option? thats realistic. Thats what real managers would do isnt? Stop using that excuse

7 hours ago, stevemc said:

Cup draw, draws me the same team I'm just about to play in the league, 3 times running.

Bug or coincidence?

Screenshot-2020-12-20-at-23-21-06.png

FM has always had a tendency of drawing you a team you're about to play in the cup draws. Don't know why it happens, but it's far too common to be completely random.  Your example is especially dramatic because the games are so close together.

8 hours ago, stevemc said:

Cup draw, draws me the same team I'm just about to play in the league, 3 times running.

Bug or coincidence?

Screenshot-2020-12-20-at-23-21-06.png

It's been this way since forever. Something in the code I presume. Too often will I see this kind of "coincidence".

Does anybody else wish the player rating system would get rid of the decimal point? And return to the classic system where a DMC performing his role well would get an “8”, despite zero assists or goals?

I am a simple soul. Oh to look down my players, and see no lower than a “7 and think, ‘ah yes my team is playing okay’. It was so much more expressive somehow?

There’s a wider message in here for FM, but I c a n t q u i t e t h i n k w h a t i t m i g h t b e

9930118A-C77D-498F-B9E7-9C094B2B745C.jpeg

Edited by Tonton_Zola

14 minutes ago, Tonton_Zola said:

Does anybody else wish the player rating system would get rid of the decimal point? And return to the classic system where a DMC performing his role well would get an “8”, despite zero assists or goals?

I am a simple soul. Oh to look down my players, and see no lower than a “7 and think, ‘ah yes my team is playing okay’. It was so much more expressive somehow?

There’s a wider message in here for FM, but I c a n t q u i t e t h i n k w h a t i t m i g h t b e

9930118A-C77D-498F-B9E7-9C094B2B745C.jpeg

I would love to just be able to see this screen when a match ends. Why can’t we simply see the two sides next to each other, with ratings, goals and man of the match?

This is simple and effective. It’s nuts that this screen doesn’t exist in the game. 

I am getting really annoyed by the social feed. I put a bid on bunch of players, every time it adds them to the social feed.. I remove them. Then the bidwar starts and everytime I have to make a new bid.. they appear on the social feed again. #removesocialfeedfromFMlol

1 hour ago, DP said:

I would love to just be able to see this screen when a match ends. Why can’t we simply see the two sides next to each other, with ratings, goals and man of the match?

This is simple and effective. It’s nuts that this screen doesn’t exist in the game. 

I know.

it’s SO much more effective as a piece of communication isn’t it?

simplicity and clarity brings so much. 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, DP said:

I’m seeing far too many people winning the league with Arsenal in season 1. Bit off. 

And yet a lot of people were saying that the Arsenal players were rated too low when we first released the game. Can't win it seems :seagull: