Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, stripeyfox2015 said:

Yes, definitely this. I get this pop up every match. I'm no data analyst but I suspect there's not much one could learn from this screen!

I think what we need here is the option to select one or more players e.g. how well is your playmaker doing with his passes and where is he passing from, is your midfield to attacking link player making accurate passess and where, if you are playing down one wing are you passes being made down this wing and are they successful.

I agree at the moment you cant see the wood for the trees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many have said, I enjoy the ME, despite still having to get used to it a bit and understanding it more.

The UI however is cluttered and a bit messy for me, especially on matchday. There's a lot of underutilized screen space and pointless data.

I might be the only one, but I miss the drop down lists from FM20 for analysis, Match Stats, etc. It just seems so much more organized and compacted neatly. 

One other thing, I haven't seen it yet, so is there a quick sub button? I've yet to see it. It was a handy feature from time to time.

8 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

It doesn't make any sense, why make it harder to go to a specific point in the match? You can still do it, it just takes more than a click. It's a terrible design decision. What damage was a timeline doing?

I mean, I can see that it's not realistic & all of that but so is a load of other stuff we can do & see during matchday. The timeline maybe wasn't visually appealing but having the option to have it there if you wanted would be nice 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I mean, I can see that it's not realistic & all of that but so is a load of other stuff we can do & see during matchday. The timeline maybe wasn't visually appealing but having the option to have it there if you wanted would be nice 

Its simply to make the game immersion better during a match. I liked it also and miss it tbh

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Every time I want to give an individual team-talk, I need to de-select the other 10 players? Or is there an easier way?

Also the zoom functionality does not seem to be working on the sideline camera. For me at least.

I managed to zoom by using using the ball on my mouse but cant get the camera reversed

5 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Every time I want to give an individual team-talk, I need to de-select the other 10 players? Or is there an easier way?

Also the zoom functionality does not seem to be working on the sideline camera. For me at least.

I raised the zoom functionality on the bugs forum yesterday. 

When starting a new game, the suggested nations on Advanced Setup seem a little off.  For example, if I set to start in England the game adds the Netherlands as a "Nation of Interest", and Wales as a "Neighbouring Nation", but not Scotland.

In Denmark, France is added as a "Neighbouring Nation", and Spain as a "Major Nation", but Germany is not added at all.

Matchday UI is terrible compared to FM20. The old view was much better. I always have a box on the top left corner showing my players with ratings and on the right siden latest goals and statistics for the game. To choose this option now is not possible. And all the injuries my Liverpool team gets are another chapter. I also miss that you could see a players condition by percentage and not a symbol. This is only a BETA version but so far not very impressed.

14 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I don't understand that argument. You can still go to any point during the match, they've just made it harder to do so.

FM Manager = during the match you cant, post match you can

Real Life Manager = during the match the manager doesnt really get to see replays etc but post match he can

This is what I believe is being simulated

So far I like the match engine. 

Dislike the skin.....way too bright. I have an eye condition and I will need to wait for a darker skin to even play the game which is a real shame.

I know its a simple thing , but I love the team sheet at the beginning of the game

Man, I LOVE the new match UI and dugout.

Its definitely controversial because its a change to how people do things and it will take some people time to come around to it, but as a concept and an execution I think its fantastic.   Best addition in ages.

11 minutes ago, Womaz said:

So far I like the match engine. 

Dislike the skin.....way too bright. I have an eye condition and I will need to wait for a darker skin to even play the game which is a real shame.

I know its a simple thing , but I love the team sheet at the beginning of the game

on your monitor do you have settings that you could use to adjust it, at worst just brightness. A pain perhaps swapping between windows I agree

21 minutes ago, Navarone said:

Matchday UI is terrible compared to FM20. The old view was much better. I always have a box on the top left corner showing my players with ratings and on the right siden latest goals and statistics for the game. To choose this option now is not possible. And all the injuries my Liverpool team gets are another chapter. I also miss that you could see a players condition by percentage and not a symbol. This is only a BETA version but so far not very impressed.

I think the argument goes that it's impossible to put a percentage on a player's condition, and a great/good/okay/bad system is more realistic. Same for sharpness. I like the new system, personally.

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

on your monitor do you have settings that you could use to adjust it, at worst just brightness. A pain perhaps swapping between windows I agree

Yes I could do this but I also use the lap top for work so do not really want to be continually swapping like this.

Its not a huge issue as a skin will be out very soon I would imagine. I also have a decent save going in FM20 ;-). Thanks for the reply

48 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

One other thing, I haven't seen it yet, so is there a quick sub button? I've yet to see it. It was a handy feature from time to time.

Click on the player along the bottom, and there's a "make substitution" heading. You just click the player you want to bring on from there.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Christmas:

I think it is a new addition that my players are concerned I'm too exposed at the back? Nice touch!

I definiteily am too exposed at the back.....

image.png.8d74ad06e0f968eb250856cc789ddc95.png

So my feedback is that the concerns are being voiced correctly

Anyone else experiencing way too many goals?

Played for 2-3 hours last night. First impressions.

- I like the new match UI. I can see all the things I need to. I like the 'dugout' box and I like the little graphics which pop up which act as justification for the advice you're given. On the whole, it feels more immersive than FM20.

- A small thing, but I love the notepad team line-up ahead of the match.

- I was worried about the gestures thing feeling a bit gimmicky, but I actually like it, particularly how it blocks out options (you can't throw a water bottle and then praise your team).

- Match engine looks good so far from what I can see. Haven't had loads of time to get into the detail but it feels like an improvement on last year and has greater variety.

- The recruitment meeting doesn't feel very intuitive. I had trouble setting up the discussion to look at the positions I wanted to improve. I'd also like the option to say 'this isn't an immediate concern but in 12 months it might be, so find me some options in advance'. Likewise, it would be good to be able to say (as part of the conversation) that I want a first team replacement, a backup, or a youth prospect. I realise I can do this elsewhere, it just didn't feel that joined-up to me.

- I'd like to be able to see CA/PA star ratings as part of the coach/scout report on the main page. I had trouble finding this information at all for players in my B team.

- Overall, nice job folks.

48 minutes ago, Christmas said:

I think it is a new addition that my players are concerned I'm too exposed at the back? Nice touch!

I definiteily am too exposed at the back.....

image.png.8d74ad06e0f968eb250856cc789ddc95.png

So my feedback is that the concerns are being voiced correctly

Seeing this makes me so, so happy because last year I felt the ME was on rails and it largely didn't matter what I did. This year I actually feel like I'm icing and dying on my tactical choices. Which is exactly what you want from a match engine IMO.

44 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Real Life Manager = during the match the manager doesnt really get to see replays etc but post match he can

I know you're just explaining how/why it works like that, so I'm not trying to be rude to you here mate. But I'll throw my 2 cents into that discussion.

I counter-argue with:

Real Life Manager = watches a full 90 minutes and can see which players play well (whether that's high percentage of passing, shots on target, good movement/positioning, creating chances, making key stops/saves/intercepts etc..)

FM Manager = watches about 5-10 minutes of the match during highlights and needs stats/analysis information available so he can assess all the stuff he doesn't see in-between highlights.

Edited by Butlee

vor 53 Minuten schrieb MrPompey:

he just needs a ipad or so and he could see it. :D

i think this argument is bs. at the end its still a game. and there are so much things far from reality that we have not to cut off such things just for that reason.

Edited by KiLLu12258

Is anyone having an issue with the beta, I usually play using another pc/iPad with google Remote Desktop, when using the Remote Desktop the game seems to load fine but it doesn’t display, I can click all the buttons load game/new game etc but can’t see the display. I’ve tried team viewer and google Remote Desktop and none are working!! 

2 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

he just needs a ipad or so and he could see it. :D

i think this argument is bs. at the end its still a game. and there are so much things far from reality that we have not to cut off such things just for that reason.

Your opinion is your opinion, however there is no need to be rude about my explanation. If you want changes I suggest you raise bugs in the bug forum and changes to existing in the new features forum

1 minute ago, matt_forest said:

Are player stats not updated until the full game is released? Playing as Forest I've noticed that each players attributes are exactly the same as they would be if I fired up a new save on FM20

There will have been numerous changes to the database at this point although data is still not final. If there are issues then please head here and raise them, albeit in a constructive manner rather than "I think attribute x needs to be 20 just because" etc: 

23 minutes ago, RyMurphs said:

Love the beta so far. Great match engine

Why does it take two clicks to get into under 23 squad now? Really frustrating

If under staff responsibilities , you assign a under 18 and under 23 responsibility to you the under 18 and under 23 teams appear on the right hand side bar.

Not perfect but I like accessing the teams that way- I usually click handle specific player instructions or something like that .

if thats not clear let me know and i can log in and send you screenshots

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

There will have been numerous changes to the database at this point although data is still not final. If there are issues then please head here and raise them, albeit in a constructive manner rather than "I think attribute x needs to be 20 just because" etc: 

Yeah I'm not kicking off that I think "player X is under/over rated", it's just putting the games side by side I see there was zero change for any of my players. Maybe every beta has been like that but I'd not noticed in the past

Haven't signed too many players yet, but installments still seem too powerful (in my opinion, at least). You can still offer 50%+ of the fee over three years, which makes signing unrealistic targets too easy. Too big of an advantage for human players, the AI doesn't know how to utilize them to the same extent.

1 minute ago, matt_forest said:

Yeah I'm not kicking off that I think "player X is under/over rated", it's just putting the games side by side I see there was zero change for any of my players. Maybe every beta has been like that but I'd not noticed in the past

Didn't mean to imply you were, only made the "constructive" remark because those threads can descend into chaos at times :thup: Might still be waiting for the Forest researcher's changes to be implemented (if they felt there are any changes to make) but if there's something that's fundamentally wrong it's still worth raising. 

7 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Haven't signed too many players yet, but installments still seem too powerful (in my opinion, at least). You can still offer 50%+ of the fee over three years, which makes signing unrealistic targets too easy. Too big of an advantage for human players, the AI doesn't know how to utilize them to the same extent.

Signing players over a number of years is incredibly common in the real world. It's been used especially frequently in recent years for the purposes of FFP. 

Whilst it does allow you to make the budget go further and buy more players in one window than you would otherwise be able to. If installments is abused then you'll find your monthly outgoing spiraling out of control, and unless you're a super rich club you'll end up in financial trouble. 

Edited by SmurfDude

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

I realise this is what is being simulated, but these days top managers will have laptops on which to watch replays