Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after starting again to select another countries starting date, due to Portuguese Supercup having already been played, did a few friendlies and the Supercup itslef.

Got to say I'm loving the central play. No more one dimensional plays through the wing.

https://streamable.com/4dx3df?fbclid=IwAR1EHkfi0MB5a6AFvi8MqI0Ik9g-WS-u4gMYPCyL34DHkKNe8N5RuP0MlLg

https://streamable.com/90uk4q?fbclid=IwAR1AkKVR27TygvqeMonBz0WCrMKz7Ru5MnWGL6YSMC_FdgvBWqvyvw3tvT8

Loving the game so far. Dislike the big glaring white boxes on your messages though. Like the skin is made up of nice dark colours but on some messages there's a big white background that hurts my eyes and makes the font harder to read. It almost feels like a glitch it's so out of place

2 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I realise this is what is being simulated, but these days top managers will have laptops on which to watch replays

Depends what league you are managing at as to whether the cameras are present :)

SI read the forums so the feedback is good which is what this thread is all about. I also prefer what we had in FM20

vor 18 Minuten schrieb MrPompey:

Your opinion is your opinion, however there is no need to be rude about my explanation. If you want changes I suggest you raise bugs in the bug forum and changes to existing in the new features forum

sorry had nothing against your explanation, i think you are right!

i just think the argument is not good in general.

Edited by KiLLu12258

16 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

If under staff responsibilities , you assign a under 18 and under 23 responsibility to you the under 18 and under 23 teams appear on the right hand side bar.

Not perfect but I like accessing the teams that way- I usually click handle specific player instructions or something like that .

if thats not clear let me know and i can log in and send you screenshots

Thanks mate that's great. I'll give it a go later

Some more positive thoughts regarding the ME:

• Striker movement is way better, especially regarding the supporting roles. They're actually dropping deep and linking play now, especially with the right attributes.
  • Player decision making has improved a lot. No more people not going for the ball when it's coming their way but instead leaving it for an opponent who has to cross half the pitch to get there. 
  • Better crossing decisions and variation. I've scored several goals now from hard, low crosses in front of goal.
  • In regards to the above, I also scored a very satisfying goal where my right winger went past his opponent, got to the byline a few yards from the goal post and instead of trying to score from that ridiculous angle (like he would have in FM20), he chipped it over the goalie who had come out to the far post where my IW was waiting to tap it in. Sheer brilliance, that.
  • I've also seen players intentionally not going for the ball because they know they're in an offside position.

I like the majority of the UI, only a month into the start of the season so can't comment on the actual gameplay much but it seems good. A few things I've picked up on though...

How can I access 'The Dugout' whilst in a match? It only seems to be available between highlights. Could it pop up when the match is paused?

Not a fan of the hearts. If the percentages are gone then I'd like to see a choice of graphics to represent this.

Has the timeline disappeared?

Is there no role suitability information on the tactics screen?

Liking the U23 button on the side, better than going into dev center then U23. Is it possible to have U18 shortcut as a button too?

Would prefer the team talk screen to have the players in a list (in formation) rather than on all sides of the screen. It's awkward to find specific players.

Grass seems too bright. Not much contrast between it and the ball.

ME looks amazing. Enjoying the matches!

Waiting for a darker skin but this is what i don't like and hope some of them will improve or make a come back ? :) 

*No quick sub options (that pauze's the game automatically ) 

*No time line to check older events during or after a game.

*The starting line ups from both teams before the match look nice on paper but u can't click on the player names ? Everybody wants to click on a 37 year old Messi that suddenly is playing in the championship against u ?  this is something we use from the very first CM, now it's gone ?

*The match experience is different, i would prefer to see the body language reactions as a text.

*Getting used to the player condition(s) and match fitness icons.. but u can't add this in your squad views . no columns match fitness or condition available. a known issue .

*Nicknaming players is broke - known issue so that will be fixed.

Couldn't stand the 2020 match engine but really liking this years. Not sure why I've chosen to replicate Mourinho's Spurs tactics rather than Poch's but managed to get a pretty decent replication of it within a few games. Really liking the improvement on the AMC position- no longer do they easily get marked out of the game, and its really nice how they drop deep and find space and then work to catch up with play once they've passed it forward. Also Ball Winning midfielders in the midfield strata on defence cover the DM position and clean up well- previously if I wanted that I felt I had to play them in the DM position.

Just seems that players are doing what you think a position should do far better than last year, and so nice to see players crossing it rather than shoot from tight angles or allowing themselves to be closed down.

17 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Depends what league you are managing at as to whether the cameras are present :)

SI read the forums so the feedback is good which is what this thread is all about. I also prefer what we had in FM20

Very true, I know Man City employ a camerman high up in the stadium, to enable Pep to watch instant replays

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Why has the ability to ‘highlight key attributes for role’ in the staff search attribute filter gone? With so much QoL going in, seems odd to take this out.

This.

So now i have to click on a staff member, click the staff roles on their profile to see what attributes they need for that role, remember them, go back to the staff search and manually enter those attributes. Two steps forward one step back.

2 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

I kind of hate the new teamtalk screen. All the players are arranged weirdly around the big central box and its awkward to see what is happening and how they have reacted. Especially seeing as 1/3rd of that is taken up by subs! 

The idea is that they're grouped around you, the manager.

I noticed in player exchange deal that only the club that made the bid got the inbox message with options like send on intensive language course, ask captain to welcome to club, assign squadnumber, register player when the deal went through.
For the club accepting the exchange bid, nothing .
Tried it again just to check, same result.

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sadly, I'm going to be THAT guy this year. Gone back to FM19. I mean, how much better does this look? So much more vibrant than the washed out look of this current game. 

image.png.4d441fb6a862b19d79191d4ba6c4f44f.png

I would agree that it looks more vibrant Dave but that is still not the real colour of grass, and IMO lighting hasn't been right since FM13

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

Real Life Manager = during the match the manager doesnt really get to see replays etc but post match he can

Oh, man, you should have seen Luchescu, shoving his phone in a ref's face straight after a call, to make a point, there was no offside, lol. That was a disgrace

In a recruitment meeting the DoF is suggesting completely unrealistic targets. I've only got £2m budget left and they're making recommendations for £20m players.

These meetings don't seem to take into account that my players are transfer listed or in contract talks with other clubs.

Α bit of a silly question... How can someone get access to the general info  οf the opposition team (league level, media prediction) during the match?

Plus, possible bug in the "latest scores & tables" during the match. The screen is flickering and you cannot click on team names or players. 

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited by Gozzer

2 hours ago, MrPompey said:

compared to what? What are the real life stats then compare what you see in FM else it appears "your view" rather an than FM v Real Life. New handball rule in real life has tended to mean a rise in penalties

seeing on average 2 penalties per match some cases even 4 , already reported the issue

20 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Oh, man, you should have seen Luchescu, shoving his phone in a ref's face straight after a call, to make a point, there was no offside, lol. That was a disgrace

Haha - Would love to see that in FM!

2 minutes ago, Aim_Less said:

seeing on average 2 penalties per match some cases even 4 , already reported the issue

Always worth raising as a bug just in case

How many matches have you run? How do pens for and against your FM team compare to the AI FM teams?

12 minutes ago, mrmcmc said:

In a recruitment meeting the DoF is suggesting completely unrealistic targets. I've only got £2m budget left and they're making recommendations for £20m players.

These meetings don't seem to take into account that my players are transfer listed or in contract talks with other clubs.

This is a bit annoying & someone else picked up on it

For example, I have zero wage budget & I'm being asked to look at players on £50-80 grand a week, so even if I wanted any one them, it's not going to happen  

The feature's really good, it's a great addition but it needs to consider what you have available to you 

Just now, f00g said:

Where can i see the other Matches on the Matchday?

You need to sacrifice one of your two 'tablet' panels and show the latest scores or league tables there. Obviously SI thought we didn't need to be able to customise our own panels for this anymore.