Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

8 minutes ago, Matej said:

Did they put anything that makes game harder? Like - more realistic transfers. In all previous FMs you just buy 10+ players on FREE  and sell them after a season on loan for big money. That way you get rich and you can easy buy whatever player you want.

And AI dont do these things ( buyin a lot of players) and thats how you make money diffrence.

What they should make for example : if you already have 3 great forwards fightin for one place, then when you contact new potential signing he should say f. off, i know im not gonna play in your club. 

Also, did they make some more options at the start of the game, to make game harder? Like they already have manager experiance, atribute masking, no signings at the start of the season etc.. 

Yes or better long term AI squad building. In previous versions once you establish a good team you have pretty much guaranteed success forever. In fm20 this was at the point when I was purposely signing weaker players just to make it a bit tougher.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Widgets have been removed. 

This may help explain analysis etc 'issues'.

Such a shame about the removal of widgets and match timeline. sometimes in these areas we just want it to be escapism and not realism. If it's easy please do a poll, ask people if they want it and put them back !

2 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

I had the same issue. I changed the zoom settings in windows from 120% to 100%. Went back to FM and it is now perfect even with FM on 100% zoom. 

I’m on a Mac, but I’ll play around with the settings. That’s good advice :thup:

Even so, the zoom settings do seem oddly spaced...

12 minutes ago, Matej said:

Did they put anything that makes game harder? Like - more realistic transfers. In all previous FMs you just buy 10+ players on FREE  and sell them after a season on loan for big money. That way you get rich and you can easy buy whatever player you want.

And AI dont do these things ( buyin a lot of players) and thats how you make money diffrence.

What they should make for example : if you already have 3 great forwards fightin for one place, then when you contact new potential signing he should say f. off, i know im not gonna play in your club. 

Also, did they make some more options at the start of the game, to make game harder? Like they already have manager experiance, atribute masking, no signings at the start of the season etc.. 

You do realise that if you want to make the game harder, you can set your own rules, right?

My first WTF? moment :D

I start with Crewe, setup a 4-3-1-2 control possession, well thought for my players etc. Play the first friendly, first XI vs second one, both using same tactic.

Second team based on backups and youth totally outplays my first one, playing really awesome football and wining 1-4, WTF???

I must admit i'm laughing out loud, time to consider if my first team is really the first one.

Edited by Icy

10 minutes ago, Icy said:

My first WTF? moment :D

I start with Crewe, setup a 4-3-1-2 control possession, well thought for my players etc. Play the first friendly, first XI vs second one, both using same tactic.

Second team based on backups and youth totally outplays my first one, playing really awesome football and wining 1-4, WTF???

I must admit i'm laughing out loud, time to consider if my first team is really the first one.

Had this too, they smashed me.

First friendly v a Norwegian 2nd division side, my first team play and win 3-1.

Second game against similar opponents I give my second string a go, 3-0 down after half an hour 😂

Took me all of last night to get through pre-season. Refuses to use preset tactics so spent the whole time working on that. First game against a team in my division was a testimonial. Won 1-0 through a direct free kick, game ended up as a midfield slog with very few chances. 

Absolutely loved it.

I'm finally playing my first match and have a question about the Match Stats panel you can get by clicking on the score in the top left.

I want this to be there permanently, kind of acting like a widget, and it does stay there when I am seeing match highlights, but when time is progressing with no highlights (and I see all the other info panels) and then I do see a highlight again, the Match Stats panel is gone. I need to click on the score in the top left to get it back.

Is there a way to lock it so it doesn't disappear?

Thanks.

Also, as I worried about the xG advice can be a bit sketchy.

In a friendly I went 3-0 down after 30 mins. I didn't have a single shot the whole half, apart from a penalty that we missed, yet got told we had a "decent half" because our xG was similar to our opponents. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Also, as I worried about the xG advice can be a bit sketchy.

In a friendly I went 3-0 down after 30 mins. I didn't have a single shot the whole half, apart from a penalty that we missed, yet got told we had a "decent half" because our xG was similar to our opponents. 

Well you did have a decent half comparatively; just didn't finish chances and/or they scored worldies. What can you do?

3 minutes ago, redhawk said:

Well you did have a decent half comparatively; just didn't finish chances and/or they scored worldies. What can you do?

I think theyd be better using non-pen xG.

3-0 down to a team far worse than me, who had 3 chances worth around 0.85, while I created nothing apart from a penalty, yet I'm told we're creating enough chances?

6 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I'm still unable to see player condition and body language during matches, it is simply stuck and don't show nothing.

Player condition you see it anyway (the little heart icons next to the shirts). Body language probably removed, can't find it either... Nope!! Found it! Body language is in the tablet as filter above squads (stats)

Edited by mmanu

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think theyd be better using non-pen xG.

3-0 down to a team far worse than me, who had 3 chances worth around 0.85, while I created nothing apart from a penalty, yet I'm told we're creating enough chances?

Fair point, then again that's a nuance the user should be able to figure out for themselves. Part of the 'human' element.

2 minutes ago, mmanu said:

Player condition you see it anyway (the little heart icons next to the shirts). Body language probably removed, can't find it either... Nope!! Found it! Body language is in the tablet as filter above squads (stats)

That's the point, is green all the entire match, I'm just able to see real condition using the tablet option.

I'm missing being able to fix the window with game statistics / information during the games. The information that descends automatically (below the scoreboard) is repetitive and unnecessary - It is much better to have the option to customize the match statistics window (as it always has been) than the window to automatically descend and repeat the same information. the custom window -.

Another thing that bothered me was the difficulty of finding tabs that contain relevant information (since always), like the average positioning during the matches (before I just went to Analysis, now I have to wait for the match to end). The ideal is to simplify things, not hinder - regardless of the amount of content -.

image.png.68e48398cb78a2ae4e3f1e024c473758.png

Lastly, we have too many windows and (unnecessary) infos. in this version. For example before games and during press conferences. Many icons, windows, etc.

What did you think?

image.png

32 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So  many things have been removed with no explanation why. 

This is clearly wrong, DD. You have more posts than the user with the 2nd most posts in this threads, so you were active, but missed the info. Maybe take a step back? There have been explanations throughout the thread for the reason for changes. While we don't have every single detail for every question, a lot has been answered.

You missed these and then you still posted:

A lot of your questions (I realise not all of them) are answered in those posts I linked to.

The game is trying to focus on you as a manager on game day. What you have at your disposal, etc. If things have been removed, this is the most likely reason why. We (yes, me too) don't always agree with every decision but that's what has happened. We have this thread to post feedback (and also to GET feedback from others and SI) or we can log bug reports for issues.

Speaking of the timeline, I think (I haven't checked) it's available if you go back to watch a match after it's been played? Saw a post mentioning it. If that's the case, great stuff.

1 minute ago, redhawk said:

This happens if you leave the match screen and come back to it, for me at least. I've reported the bug.

For me it dissapeared when I changed in-match options, after that player condition is stuck in green.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Speaking of the timeline, I think (I haven't checked) it's available if you go back to watch a match after it's been played? Saw a post mentioning it. If that's the case, great stuff.

No, and not only is there no timeline when you watch a match back, but you can't actually watch it as the match info panels stay on the screen obscuring the pitch. The only way to get rid of them is to click on the times of goals, red cards, etc, however if I want to rewatch a game from the start (or a specific point of my choosing), no dice. 

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No, and not only is there no timeline when you watch a match back, but you can't actually watch it as the match info panels stay on the screen obscuring the pitch. The only way to get rid of them is to click on the times of goals, red cards, etc, however if I want to rewatch a game from the start (or a specific point of my choosing), no dice. 

Yeah, but SI did post a known issues list and even a separate UI known issues list

Viewing Past Matches

• Playback options missing when viewing completed matches
  • Background when viewing completed matches is the wrong colour
  • No option rewind highlights when viewing completed matches
  • Team names aren’t visible when watching a PKM
  • Review and Share Centre not present
  • Analytical data may not be available when looking at a completed AI vs AI match

•  

I couldn't care less about the condition data, but I hope they bring back a way to mouse over and see an opposing player's attributes without clicking and going back to the match. If matches and opponents feel like a bit of a blur sometimes, that's the kind of thing that needs to be in there. I think even if I wasn't such a "continue manager" and I did all the tactical briefing stuff, I'd still forget the names?

I am finding it easy, but I'm in 3rd place with a good side for my division and no injuries to key players so it's not like I'm walking away with it.

Edited by Ruh Roh

6 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This is clearly wrong, DD. You have more posts than the user with the 2nd most posts in this threads, so you were active, but missed the info. Maybe take a step back? There have been explanations throughout the thread for the reason for changes. While we don't have every single detail for every question, a lot has been answered.

With respect, absolutely none of the questions I raised were answered. The thing that irks me the most about it was all the fanfare pre release about the matchday experience being so much better, when in fact, they've taken a lot of useful stuff away. I get the impression this UI has been designed with the younger generation in mind, maybe I'm just getting too old for this. 

17 minutes ago, redhawk said:

Fair point, then again that's a nuance the user should be able to figure out for themselves. Part of the 'human' element.

I just worry people less familiar with xG would assume everything is fine based on the advice given, and not bother changing anything.

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Should I report this as an offside bug?

VAR check said Martinez was offside and goal was disallowed because of it (player on the red line), but as you can see he wasn't even close to the play.

qb1wj3M.png

og40xBI.png

I'm about to log the same thing so you can always add your match pkm to my thread once it's up.

2 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

I have found that I keep accidentally starting matches by pressing the spacebar too quickly. I believe there used to be a warning stopping this from happening (although not 100% sure).

There is. You have to tick a box 'don't show this again' to stop the warning from appearing. I think you can reset these in preferences.

12 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

VAR check said Martinez was offside and goal was disallowed because of it (player on the red line), but as you can see he wasn't even close to the play.

qb1wj3M.png

og40xBI.png

is he not interfering by blocking the keepers sight?

15 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

qb1wj3M.png

og40xBI.png

In my opinion it is an offside. Player obstructing the view of the GK while in an offside position when the ball is struck, thus interfering with play from an illegal advantageous position.

Edited by roykela

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

is he not interfering by blocking the keepers sight?

2 minutes ago, roykela said:

In my opinion it is an offside. Player obstructing the view of the GK while in an offside position when the ball is struck, thus interfering with play from an illegal advantageous position.

Check the second image. <.<

At the time of the shot, he's pretty much in line with defense, he was moving back from offside position.

have only finished one season so far, but the game is absolutely banging imo.

very fun to watch the games this year, highlights feel a lot more random, rather than seeing the same certain highlights pop up time and time again.

haven't been seeing the players tripping over the ball when trying to keep it within the lines either! :thup:

teams don't seem to be parking the bus every game either and actually try to attack.

The first picture was a pass, not a shot on goal (if I'm not mistaken). So, no line of sight for the goalie issues there if you ask me. I'd log it, I've seen FM struggle with passive offsides quite a bit in FM20 already and from what I've seen so far FM21 continues calling offsides for players that are not involved in play whatsoever.

Havin taken time to process and play a few more friendlies I can cope without the widgets I think on the matchday screen, it does however mean I might not to slow down the match in between highlights in order to better check the data which I'm not perhaps happy with.

Also I am assuming body language is not available in every press conference because I've done a few new signing ones and can only select answers.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

At the time of the shot, he's pretty much in line with defense, he was moving back from offside position.

Tbf the player who shoots looks offside when the pass is played.

Maybe an issue where the offside line automatically goes to the furthest forward player?

14 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

What on earth is this feature meant to show ?

6E149C87-DDEA-4D4A-B969-AFEFE6B25976.jpeg

I'm assuming this has already been reported, but it would be benifical if you checked or logged it in the bugs section (even though it might not be considered a bug).

Graphically, it is horrible and show absolutely nothing!

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Got it. I interpreted it that the first image showed the shot.
Then it's either a bug or a refereeing/VAR error.
I'd upload it if i were you.

22 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

qb1wj3M.png

og40xBI.png

I’d imagine the intent here is he’s directly in between the goalkeeper and the player playing the pass. So there potentially and argument that he’s interfering with play?

I’d still recommend raising it though cos it does seem a bit off so get it checked :thup: