Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Having been responsible for the design of these I can assure you that none of the Gestures are simply a replacement for a Tone. There's 32 Gestures for a start!

Also, before talking to your young hot prospect, when you put your arm around them and their body language gets a positive gain then it makes you feel like Bill F'ing Shankly.  I've got to say that I thought the gesture system was pretty dumb and a reskin of the old system but boy was I wrong!  It adds so much to the game.  I love these little RPG elements and I never realise how much I love them until they're in there.

My team's brightest prospect, Ömer Beyaz, is set as Frt. I will hold until its patched. End of the beta for me.

I like the ME and the new skin but I would have liked a different matchday UI if possible. In overall, I believe FM21 is an improvement over FM20.

2 hours ago, eusebio1 said:

3 hours and a couple of matches in, loving it so far. Not a fan of the scaling options though: 100%, 95%, 85% - and then 50%. Would love to see 75% or 70% to get more information on the screen!

Im the same. 85% feels like everything is too big, 50% everything is too small. Feel like there’s a step missing here

i think an improvement for the match ui would be to add "screens" in the tablet, for example if i could modify the tablet with X number of screens and Y number of panels i would configure it to

-first screen, info of my team, stats, body language, performance

-second screen, match stats, league info, lastest scores

-third screen, info of the opposition, body language, performance

would be nice that we could configure how many screens and how many panels we want on each screen.

but to make it work fluidly i want shortcuts, if i want to pull up the tablet after a play or check the league table, press a key to see the tablet, swipe to left or right screens? another key for each direction  and the tablet always remembers the last screen u checked.

that would make the match ui a lot better

1 minuto atrás, Freakiie disse:

According to the German data issue thread the Bayern changes didn't make it into the beta database. Not sure if someone as old as Neuer will see some major changes, but who knows.

Now looking back through FMs this is an old issue. Neuer, the guy that has great ability with the ball, the guy who Pep wanted to use in the midfield for one game, has this stat for years now. 

27 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

quick question, is VAR fixed in this version? In FM20,  if VAR was consulted for offside or penalty, it would ALWAYS give it. Only instance it wouldnt sometimes is if foul happned outside the box.

Thanks

well ive had penaltys not given due to var

1 minute ago, Razor940 said:

Now looking back through FMs this is an old issue. Neuer, the guy that has great ability with the ball, the guy who Pep wanted to use in the midfield for one game, has this stat for years now. 

Well perhaps Bayern's CL domination will make the researchers look twice at how they handle German based players for a change. :brock:

Probably not though, the German research is arguably the weakest from any of the major leagues, which is no surprise considering the game couldn't even be sold in Germany until a couple versions ago.

The ability to 'drag and drop' the bottom bar players to swap their positions would be very helpful. I like the new interface there, but that feature is missing now that the 'quick sub' option is gone, where you could make subs, change roles AND swap players on the pitch's positions.

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Are people finding it possible to play defensive football and win? IE not gegenpressing all the time like last year the only way to play?

Hope scores lines aren't too ridiculous always. I'm a 1-0 man!

I was more successful with a non-gegenpressing tactic last year than any gegenpressing tactic, so it was definitely not universally true.

FM21, I came second with a non-gegenpressing 442. Now, after promotion (I didn't pay a lot of attention in the first season and zoomed through it), I've played 5, won 3, drawn 2 with a counter attacking 433 DM Wide, scoring 6 and conceding 2. We're 1000-1 to win the league.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I was more successful with a non-gegenpressing tactic last year than any gegenpressing tactic, so it was definitely not universally true.

FM21, I came second with a non-gegenpressing 442. Now, after promotion (I didn't pay a lot of attention in the first season and zoomed through it), I've played 5, won 3, drawn 1, lost 1 with a counter attacking 433 DM Wide, scoring 6 and conceding 2. We're 1000-1 to win the league.

It sickens me you have played a whole season and I have played the friendly against my 2nd team.......AND THAT'S IT!!!

Just now, Jonthedon26 said:

It sickens me you have played a whole season and I have played the friendly against my 2nd team.......AND THAT'S IT!!!

Like I said, I just flew through it. Set up a tactic and didn't watch matches etc. It was more to have a look at new features. 2nd season I'm playing 'normally', which is painfully slow.  :D

I love the post-match report now. It wasn't quite useless in previous editions but let's just say I almost always ignored it! The new one is insightful, helpful and not over-informative.

Same applies for the opposition report. Much more helpful.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, Brighton123 said:

Not sure about this as it decreases the need to scout a player? I don't attribute mask so it's already a bit easier for me, but now I can see every players star rating before I've even sent a scout. I don't think I should be able to see that without scouting. 

Of course you should still get a scout report to understand hidden attributes etc. 

This may be a bug, could you post it in our bugs section please?

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Razor940:

neuer invented a new playstyle for goalkeeprs with his outstanding abilitys with the ball.

thats nothing new, hes passing should be at 18.

When making substitutions via the Tactic screen during a match (my preferred method) there doesn't seem to be an undo button. Annoying if you've made a couple of changes and want to, well, undo the last one.

Is this intentional? Seems a retrograde step if so.

no_undo.JPG

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, can anyone at SI please confirm - I manage Ajax and I set B teams and U19 friendlies to be managed by the assistant manager (since I am currently undergoing hiring process of manager for both) yet it force me to go through the tactical selection, watch through the matches and etc for B team and U19. Can anyone explain why this is the case? 

Journalists always have a negative body language towards me. Despite some having a green relationship towards me before the press conference starts. 

anyone else seeing this, or do they just not like the look of my face once they see me in the presser? 

37 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Im the same. 85% feels like everything is too big, 50% everything is too small. Feel like there’s a step missing here

I had the same issue. I changed the zoom settings in windows from 120% to 100%. Went back to FM and it is now perfect even with FM on 100% zoom. 

@Razor940, as said, please use the research/database section for player attribute issues. The feedback thread isn't the place. I will add that you'd need stats or some other facts to back up a claim. "I think it should be x" isn't going to be enough.

Just now, karanhsingh said:

Giving individual team talks is impossible! You have to manually de select every other player? Why make it so hard? 

Also where does one set opposition instructions in the pre match briefing? 

Individuals all selected is a known bug. No need to be aggressive about it.

Played two games and i would say it is a step up from FM20. The game is faster and improvement in the match engine with what i saw so far. Match UI is great where i can make shouts and change individuals instructions quickly. 

But here is the what i am going complain. Why is the match widgets disabled for 2D??? The widgets worked fine in FM20 and why fix something which is not broken. It's supposed to be enhanced. There is a whole loads of space at the both end  of the pitch which is perfect for widgets and i'm not someone who plays with 3D as my graphic card is not a high end.

Secondly on the skin UI:

1. The white background is not easy on the eyes and too much space available. 

463984427_UIfeedback4.thumb.JPG.8b415f09750aeba514e0d28c58d3df52.JPG

2.  The layout is just too confusing on the eyes where it is much easier to note which players are unhappy in FM20. The speech bubble is not clearly shown from which player it is coming from. The players should be categorised and separated in groups  based on their influence.  

1395706634_UIfeedback.thumb.JPG.d4e70e9d086bc8a56a595be914d7f949.JPG

3. The font of the conversation is too small for the screen size. Too much space being wasted. 

1830143488_UIfeedback3.thumb.JPG.5c08c66fbb990b0c654b1e26eb840545.JPG

Edited by hoddle1404
added a word

13 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, can anyone at SI please confirm - I manage Ajax and I set B teams and U19 friendlies to be managed by the assistant manager (since I am currently undergoing hiring process of manager for both) yet it force me to go through the tactical selection, watch through the matches and etc for B team and U19. Can anyone explain why this is the case? 

Apologies to ping you about this @HUNT3R can you explain why this is or at least direct me the correct bug thread where I can post regarding this? 

Agora, HUNT3R disse:

@Razor940, as said, please use the research/database section for player attribute issues. The feedback thread isn't the place. I will add that you'd need stats or some other facts to back up a claim. "I think it should be x" isn't going to be enough.

I was just replying, already posted on the topic in question and already got a reply. Anw, I didn't say he deserved x, but in comparison with others with those stats yeah wouldn't be nonsense.

Anw, https://fbref.com/en/players/8778c910/Manuel-Neuer

https://fbref.com/en/players/ee8508c0/Jan-Oblak

Look at the pass stat zone. Neuer attempts a lot more medium passes and has better percentages. Also, he doesn't kick long as much in other seasons but this one he has as much or more attempts and almost 80% against 45. 13 pass vs 16, 

Just now, SazoJohnno said:

Apologies to ping you about this @HUNT3R can you explain why this is or at least direct me the correct bug thread where I can post regarding this? 

So to confirm - you put your assistant manager in charge of both teams AND you ticked the box to make them manage in friendlies too? Are these matches on the same day?

Glenn has helped you with the correct area, if you did tick the box and the matches are on different days.

Just now, Razor940 said:

I was just replying, already posted on the topic in question and already got a reply. Anw, I didn't say he deserved x, but in comparison with others with those stats yeah wouldn't be nonsense.

Anw, https://fbref.com/en/players/8778c910/Manuel-Neuer

https://fbref.com/en/players/ee8508c0/Jan-Oblak

Look at the pass stat zone. Neuer attempts a lot more medium passes and has better percentages. Also, he doesn't kick long as much in other seasons but this one he has as much or more attempts and almost 80% against 45. 13 pass vs 16, 

I was just clarifying the process. Nothing aimed at you specifically.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

So to confirm - you put your assistant manager in charge of both teams AND you ticked the box to make them manage in friendlies too? Are these matches on the same day?

Glenn has helped you with the correct area, if you did tick the box and the matches are on different days.

To confirm - I put my assistant manager in charge in both teams and yes I ticked the box to ensure he manage the team in friendlies. The matches weren't on the same day and this has happened for 3 friendlies games for each thus far, as well as competitive matches for u18. So I am not quite sure what to do. I will post in the section Glenn directed me to, thank you. 

Does a league rule change is implemented mid save, or only when a new game is created? The Hungarian top flight has two major issues which were reported and being reviewed/devs are aware, i am more curious if the correction will be reflected if I start a long term save now or should I wait for it to be fixed?

9 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

A note for anyone wondering about FM20's Role Suitability circles becoming Role Ability stars in FM21:

‘Role Ability’ has replaced ‘Role Suitability’ to give a more accurate overall picture of how good a player is within in a role.

The old ‘Suitability’ circles only displayed how suited a player was to the role, starting at the top end with the full green circle for the players best role and working backwards from there. This lead to a number of misleading cases where players would show as having yellow/orange role icons for certain roles, when in fact, due to their general high ability and versatility, they would perform well in those roles.

The new ‘Role Ability’ stars solves this by factoring in the players general ability, as well as their suitability to the role, to give a much more accurate picture. By showing how good a player is within a role it also allows for the these stars to be used when comparing players for a certain role, whereas the previous icons were only relevant to that particular player.

I was pleased to see this. It makes sense that most players who can play AML can also play AMR and ML almost as well, albeit with a slightly different role.