Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idea of scouting meeting, loved it when I heard it. My worry was that it would (as previous versions have) put names forward that are completely out of reach/ridiculous.

Managing Rangers, first recruitment meeting. Have a couple of million to spend. My director of football's first recommendation... Joao Pedro from Watford, valued at 6m likely cost around 13M+. Second, Teemu Pukki from Norwich valued at 14m

Yeah, my fear is that it wouldnt use your clubs financial position when giving recommendations much like previous versions. Seems to be the case, sadly. 

17 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I really don't like the fact that you have to promise something in a squad meeting in order to move on.

Just did my first and there was an option about "not making promises" and then moved on to season expectations. It can be a bit hard to spot the various options, IMHO.

Cons for me :

- At the match day, i cant see the formation of the opposition at the beginning

- The match timeline are gone, and if i want to see some specific highlight its difficult to find it 

- The customization are gone.. how can i cancel the messages bottom left like "X are not 5th in the league table" 

- After player score, their face is not there

- No body language (sentence) can be found (only if i click my team stats)

2 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Idea of scouting meeting, loved it when I heard it. My worry was that it would (as previous versions have) put names forward that are completely out of reach/ridiculous.

Managing Rangers, first recruitment meeting. Have a couple of million to spend. My director of football's first recommendation... Joao Pedro from Watford, valued at 6m likely cost around 13M+. Second, Teemu Pukki from Norwich valued at 14m

Yeah, my fear is that it wouldnt use your clubs financial position when giving recommendations much like previous versions. Seems to be the case, sadly. 

Did you post it in the bugs forum?

1 minute ago, majesticeternity said:

Did you post it in the bugs forum?

Im not sure its a bug. In my experience over the years your head scout/scout always give you players that you have no chance of signing.  I was excited about this recruitment addition as Id think this is a huge part of football management. Id also suggest that the Rangers DoF isnt going to come back with players as options that we simply cannot afford. 

Agora, Aim_Less disse:

so i am the only one seeing too much penalties ? both against and for me

Well, in my last match it happened 2x
If it is happening with more people and with a certain frequency, it is something that must be analyzed

Does anyone have luck with the avatar / face creator?  For years I've tried uploading a photo and just creep myself out once generated.  I know I'm getting older, but I don't look like someone that stalks playgrounds.

Sadly the random generated faces make me look like a cartoon.  Also, perhaps I need to refresh my hairstyle, but what happened to just normal haircuts in the avatar.

Overall - thus far i’m liking FM21 and the new features are nice added features - a few points.

1) would like to zoom to 75%. Im on a small screen and 85% is just not enough, whereas 50% is way too far. A happy medium would be nice.

2) i’m 4-5m into game time and i’m finding quite a lot of short term injuries are occurring. Normally 2 players a week. This may just be one of them things but keen to see if others find the same.

3) the mid game advice on missed passes etc, with the diagram showing loads of lines on the pitch isn’t hugely helpful. A nice idea but needs more clarity.

4) i tried to transfer a player, was awaiting for a work permit and the deadline day came and went. Thus cancelling the transfer. Normally i find the WPs get decided before deadline but not on this occasion. This happened to anyone else.

Minor things but overall - games looks and feels quality.

at least the transfer values quickly sort themselves out (this is leading transfers from November 2022 in my holiday save - players are hidden)

loaded up the France, Italy, Spain, Germany and England fully - with every player loaded

YIi00Cx.png

Edited by samdiatmh

I understand its the beta and such but i mean how can you not have U18 and U23 for teams that are playable in England like come on... like i cant even do a save because there is no U18 and U23 like it does have in FM20...

Edit: my appologizes... didnt realize the way to find it had changed from different FM versions ago

Edited by Fmfan00

1 hour ago, s0ni42 said:

Initial impressions positive. UI will take some getting used too. Struggling to find all the tools I use during match, particularly Analysis. I found at halftime but haven’t found in flow of game

It's not available during a match. That's intentional.

1 hour ago, jimbo22 said:

Another quick thing.... this offers absolutely nothing. Im all for more info making things better but this is a shake head moment. 

Capture.PNG

I understand why a a lot of people will have a problem with the match day analytics.  But i think its more realistic having most the information available at ht & ft as your staff have had more time to actually create data. And more specifically about The Dugout, i guess the information given there is more 'on the fly', yes you have a bunch of useless dots but if you didnt know already now you know your passing very well. More detail at HT. I dont think its a flaw. I really like this change myself.

Would it not be a nice touch ( Since they have your face as a manager anyways ) to have you sitting behind the desk next to your assistant manager or owner at the press conferences and have journalists sitting in the chairs . Why have a room that's vacant ?

I'm absolutely loving it so far. The xG stuff is so good.

Found the ME to be fantastic too.

I've been doing the press conferences/team talks too and I've been fairly happy with them. I don't normally bother.

I'm okay with the purple skin also, although I really don't like the white tiles/backgrounds in some contexts that are way too bright.

Only really encountered one bug so far, the one where transfers just get stuck after accepting an offer. I lost out on selling Lingard and Romero :(

Very solid so far though, good stuff SI!

7 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

This version has everything to be one of the best of the last years

I agree, I've played some betas where it's needed a day 1 patch to iron out some major issues
With this version, I'm pretty sure they could release it tomorrow and not see major fixes

The only main gripe I have is that xG is tallied across the league (so the league collates it under player/team detailed), but there's no way to view individual squad members

Edited by samdiatmh

2 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Cons for me :

- At the match day, i cant see the formation of the opposition at the beginning

- The match timeline are gone, and if i want to see some specific highlight its difficult to find it 

- The customization are gone.. how can i cancel the messages bottom left like "X are not 5th in the league table" 

- After player score, their face is not there

- No body language (sentence) can be found (only if i click my team stats)

The way i check body language i also did on FM20. Click on 'Shouts' click on any arrow next to  a shout and the teams body language will come up.

1 minuto atrás, samdiatmh disse:

I agree, I've played some betas where it's needed a day 1 patch to iron out some major issues
With this version, I'm pretty sure they could release it tomorrow and not see major fixes

For sure, I hope that SI is careful with the adjustments

Hadn't spotted this in the feature announcements (or likely forgot), but this is pretty cool

image.png.acb46baa587d7846d97c14d635fe1ec0.png

Overall impressions are quite positive. However, I'm kinda on the fence about the main player screen (liked the old layout where the bio and a lot more options were available on the default screen. And I still haven't gotten into a match - setting training and scouting and what not.

15 minutes ago, MT55 said:

Hope everyone is enjoying the beta. If someone would be kind enough to tell me how much Burnley get to spend at the start that be appreciated. 

Burnley MK2 IE Barnsley who IRL the BBC and Sky constantly get mixed up with Burnley got 600k...no help to you but it is what it is!