Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

Guys, is there any solution for the graphics issue? Basically on full-screen mode, everything doesn't "fit" on my screen - it is going below. Also, I have to hover my mouse a couple of cms above the intended button I want to click. 

Only seems to work fine on windowed mode, thank god alt+enter worked for that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jim owen said:

is there anyway to turn the colours into words or numbers on the selection screen (without hovering over it) being colourblind i cannot tell the difference in the chosen colours by looking at it, it seems all my players are the same condition, till i over over each one individually for the words

The different icons should have a different level of fill - orange icon should be ~half full for example if it's not that clear then worth raising the issue in the bugs forum to see if they can be improved.

4 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Purple is the colour premier league uses for graphics so the game is following that.

But it has poor contrast so there should be a backup colour scheme for people with vision disabilities.

if you didnt know-  with full release there will be additional skins with the game eg. a dark mode

1 minute ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The different icons should have a different level of fill - orange icon should be ~half full for example if it's not that clear then worth raising the issue in the bugs forum to see if they can be improved.

Ah might be cause mine are currently all 'excellent' or 'peak' which are both full fill (took me a long time to see they were all that, i'll check again after some have dropped

3 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Purple is the colour premier league uses for graphics so the game is following that.

But it has poor contrast so there should be a backup colour scheme for people with vision disabilities.

I do like the purple. I wish it could work for me. The design of the game is very nice. 

Like you said, though, some contrast options would be nice. A simple option to change the purple to black, for example. 

I'll just echo that suggestion. 

4 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, is there any solution for the graphics issue? Basically on full-screen mode, everything doesn't "fit" on my screen - it is going below. Also, I have to hover my mouse a couple of cms above the intended button I want to click. 

Only seems to work fine on windowed mode, thank god alt+enter worked for that.

Scratch that, even on windowed mode there are things going off screen.

• Administrators

Those of you with resolution issues, best place to raise them with the bugs forum, ideally mentioning what your display res is on your computer and what make/model it is so we can investigate.

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

if you didnt know-  with full release there will be additional skins with the game eg. a dark mode

That will be something to look forward to. 

The concern from me is that even the options last year were not good viewing for me. 

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

1600x900 - the only selectable panel on the tablet thing is the left hand one. I am on 110% zoom so maybe that's affecting it? Shouldn't though. 

Zoom & resolution will affect how many panels are showing as they scale from one to six, though all the panels listed under the 'Touchline Tablet' should be selectable panels that you can change the content of, so worth raising the issue if one of them isn't selectable (similarly worth raising the issue if you don't think it is using up all the space).

6 minutes ago, jim owen said:

Ah might be cause mine are currently all 'excellent' or 'peak' which are both full fill (took me a long time to see they were all that, i'll check again after some have dropped

Yeah there should be four states - Bright Green is full, Other Green is 3/4, Orange 1/2, Red 1/4 then injured is the injured icon.

16 minutes ago, anagain said:

I have to confess that I find the skin very hard on my eyes. I find that the text contrasts poorly with the background and almost looks blurry. 

I have already had to increase the text size to 125%.

I notice there is only one skin this year.

I know it is probably an age related thing, and my increasingly poor vision, but I notice this has been a thing since the purple.

I also didn't have the best sleep today, so I have no doubt that has something to do with my viewing discomfort. It is however a trend that has continued from last year. With FM20 I had to change the skin and up the UI size. 

I do understand the limitations covid has placed on SI, but in future years can some time be put to other skin options? 

I will download a skin when they become available.

I didn't have a long time to play today, but I still only got 30 minutes in because viewing the game was uncomfortable.

A quick tip in case you aren't aware, and this isn't really related to FM but just staring at a screen in general. Search for 'Night light' on Windows, and turn on the blue light screen filter. It's so much better for your eyes and reduces eye strain an awful lot. 

1 minute ago, SmurfDude said:

A quick tip in case you aren't aware, and this isn't really related to FM but just staring at a screen in general. Search for 'Night light' on Windows, and turn on the blue light screen filter. It's so much better for your eyes and reduces eye strain an awful lot. 

I think I have probably tried that. I know I have chrome add ons to reduce white on the net.

I will have a look though to see if it is on. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Okay after a week and a match of the game I feel like these are the key issues so far.

1. Text not being as nuanced as the body language needs (and this more of a developmental issue)

2. Individual teamtalks shouldn't highlight every player as default.

3. Clicking the tactics option during a match should be cancelled by tapping it again if no changes have been made, it's a pain to move over to cancel.

Also am I high or cannot I not get widgets on 3d coz otherwise the info isn't easily accessible.

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Match UI is absolutely awful. Not just from aesthetic perspective, but from a tactical viewpoint.

Mostly agree apart from the players at the bottom of the screen, makes it much easier to give shouts to or quick sub off. Other than that, the matchday UI needs a lot of work. 

4 minutes ago, latrell said:

ill wait till the top skin making  people get to work and make the skins, SI why can you not make a skin that does not burn your eyes out your skull 

Quite the vivid but of feedback, but I am with you on it being hard viewing. 

Made me chuckle. 

Makjng the UI 125% did help a bit. And check out some of the replies I have had in the last hour. Hopefully the white light suggestion can work. 

I'm currently holidaying, and ManUtd are currently top of the league in January season 1 with 50 points (after 19 games)

8 points clear of Liverpool (the 2nd place team)

This has to be some kind of bug, it just isn't realistic

Edited by samdiatmh

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Mostly agree apart from the players at the bottom of the screen, makes it much easier to give shouts to or quick sub off. Other than that, the matchday UI needs a lot of work. 

Just finding from a logistical sense, it very difficult to get the same information as I did with the match UI on previous versions. Also struggling with widgets in 3d. Feeling as if bar the highlights I see, I don't actually know what's going on in the game stat wise, with the players etc despite that information being there.

Also agree with what another poster said in regards to the dressing room/team talks. Prefer to see things in a logical list, but maybe it's just a case of old habits and change!

Very similar in a sense to when the ''player stats'' screen during matches got changed from tabs with ''Passes Attempted - Completed'' in a number system changed to the percentages and coloured bars which I still find very difficult to look at. Give me blocks of data, the match UI feels a bit dumbed down and aesthetic rather than insightful.

Edited by Domoboy23

Really liking it so far!

One thing I noticed is that a goal that was called offside still counted for xG. Is this intended? I would think that shots that don't count since they came from an offside position should not be included in the xG count.

2 minutes ago, Toin said:

Really liking it so far!

One thing I noticed is that a goal that was called offside still counted for xG. Is this intended? I would think that shots that don't count since they came from an offside position should not be included in the xG count.

Maybe the player didn’t know until after he’d attempted to score that it would then be called offside ?

33 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Also, I assume widgets for 2D just aren't in yet? How do you keep an eye on the opposition formation changing for example?

I don't think the widgets are coming.

The idea appears to be that you use the 6(/4?) tiles on the right side of the matchday screen (in between highlights) to specify some info. You can put both teams' current formations up for example.

Anyway, I'm not advocating for or against it as a change. I'd just recommend trying that approach and deciding if that suits what you're looking for.

2 hours ago, pizzachips said:

Perhaps intentional, but I notice camera zoom doesnt work under camera " sideline" 

image.png

I had this problem as well with sideline, it somehow magically fixed itself at halftime and I could then zoom. But I then also found then when in between highlights if i used the mouse scroll button to scroll a stat window it would also zoom the camera.

Just now, 2feet said:

Maybe the player didn’t know until after he’d attempted to score that it would then be called offside ?

That shouldn't matter I think. He can still shoot of course, but any shot that is going to be waved off since it's offside should have an xG of 0 because it won't count anyway. 

Let's say you pass to a player that is blatantly offside but one on one with the goalkeeper. His shot then would have a large value for xG, but it doesn't matter and the team shouldn't get 'credit' for this. 

Got a few games in now, ME looks great and feels really smooth. My only criticism is struggle sometimes to see the ball, but I believe Miles mentioned that on the stream last week.

Love the main skin and UI, processing is really fast even after I added a face pack and logos. Some very nice little touches, overall very good so far.

I’ve noticed what I think is a glitch when adding set piece takers, if you drag the player into the box for the set piece it sometimes changes the player you’ve selected to someone else.

Also, I’ve not read a lot of the thread but I’ve found there’s far too many goals. I’m managing Hibernian in the Scottish league and there’s been 26 goals in the first 5 games, 22 of them scored by me which does feel to be honest, far too easy and far too many goals (For context, IRL we’ve played 13 games and Hibs have only scored 17 goals).

Overall though it seems much slicker and the match engine is great.

1 minute ago, Toin said:

That shouldn't matter I think. He can still shoot of course, but any shot that is going to be waved off since it's offside should have an xG of 0 because it won't count anyway. 

Let's say you pass to a player that is blatantly offside but one on one with the goalkeeper. His shot then would have a large value for xG, but it doesn't matter and the team shouldn't get 'credit' for this. 

Yes, xG shouldn't be counted for any offside call, or any phase of play which gets chalked off for whatever reason. If the game is recording incorrect xG then should report it as a bug if it's not been raised already.

I've only had a quick play before heading off to work, I'm really impressed with the smoothness and response of the UI, processing saving etc is all nice and quick. Great work!

Here are a few things that came to mind in the short time so far.

I like the new press conferences/team chat etc format.

Will there be a dark skin? The purple is ok but as a few others have said some things are difficult to read and the white on the top 'processing' bar is too bright compared to the darkness of the rest of the skin. 

I don't like the missing widgets during the match, this is a major step back IMO.

No stuttering in the match graphics engine this year. Excellent!

The lighting of the match/graphics engine seems a bit off, and the field of view on the camera seems to have changed, using sideline camera the players/action on the far side of the pitch are considerably smaller than FM20.

The commentary bar is now way to small.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Wavelberry said:

Can't begin to assert enough that having everyone default selected for the individual teamtalks is really egregious.

Yeah a known issue we'll look to address. 

The lighting on the player models in 3D is awful. They all look shadowy and dull. The matchday experience has been poor for me so far, there's no vibrancy to the colours, the contrast is poor, half the things don't work, more reductions on camera options, no widgets etc etc etc

Everything outside the matchday looks slick, but this is poor. It's the first time in many years I've been disappointed on beta release day, I'm sad to say :(

Glad others are enjoying it though. 

First impression : runs fast , looks good.

Loving the option to play with a first and second eleven from first team in the 'intra friendly'.

I'm right that : no more quick sub screen(u can do quick sub below but the game continues, u have to pauze it now ?' and no widgets during the game (league table and latest scores ?)

2 hours ago, Bakiano said:

I hope my comment wont be deleted, but does anyone else has problems with facepack and logopack? It seems it doesnt work..

I copied across my logopack from FM20 into the FM21 folder and it worked fine for me once I selected the relevant options to reload skin etc.

First impressions are:

- The game processes considerably quicker than FM20 did it seems,

- The 3D match engine graphics seem a little more demanding this year based on my initial test on my laptop with integrated graphics, so people without dedicated graphics cards may need to dial down the settings a little.  And gotta be honest, the low preset looks horrible this year - seems equivalent to the very low preset from FM20.  Thankfully fiddling with the settings gave an acceptable compromise between quality and performance.

Edited by kevhamster