Football Manager snacks/drinks?

Just thought i'd ask in between the end(ish) of FM14 and the start of FM15. On the documentary, one guy said there is nothing better than sitting down in front of a game of FM with a pot of tea and bag of mint imperials. It got me wondering, what do we all eat and drink whilst playing FM?

I'm strictly a fruit and fruit juice man myself. You have to set good standards...

I'm always worried about gunking up the keys on my laptop, so it's generally pop safely out of reach during the day, beer and maybe some cheese crackers or trail mix at night (although the other night while playing the Champions Cup final I treated myself to Chocolate Brownie Batter ice cream).

for me, it varies

sometimes I'll eat lunch (can make it while a match is playing, great time saver - early injuries are a killer though)

sometimes it'll be biscuits (those late night sessions really get at me)

as for drinks, coke is the method of choice, but sometimes monster (or variants) take over if I've had an early start

Pepsi Max or black coffee to drink, and whatever snack food is in the house at the time.

Never alcohol - I find it impedes my ability to make good managerial decisions. I've been known to make some horrendous errors of judgement after a few beers.

I don't eat whilst playing FM as I'm worried about smearing my shiny new MacBook with food grease.

(Proper) beer, however, is a prerequisite.

Indeed, you wouldn't want to ruin the feature you've paid most for :p

I've recently DIY'd my own new desk which is now just over 2m across so pretty much anything goes as the PC is underneath at the far end. Nuts or some unusual fruit I've bought that takes a while such as pomegranates or coconut.

Several mugs of coffee, sandwiches for breakfast and lunch during the day and some crisps and a beer or two during the evening.

I'm a student at a university with a minimum number of contact hours, so I've got a lot of free time during the day. Well, not exactly free time. I should be studying, but anyways...

Sometimes I go to bed to fall asleep only for me to wake up the next half hour putting on some good coffee, drink it with milk, say about 7 cups. Of course the clock is ticking and it´s seven in the morning before I decide to get back to work (daily routine). I have never seemed to get a good FM-months during days, i am a night kind of guy.

FM is a winter game for me, good for the cold nights whilst watching a live game on the TV. Cup of tea, or a strong coffee dependent on the time of day.

Tried having a few beers but it doesn't end well, you seem to just hammer the continue button which is never wise!

Archived