Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

I have switched to 4-3-1-2 from 4-2-3-1 wide and oh my... goals galore. 4-3-1-2 is as efficient as it was in Fm 18. It was terrible in Fm19. Advanced playmaker at AMC position is much more efficient and I believe strikers tend to pass the ball to each other more with FM20.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 1 minuto, glosoli dijo:

I have switched to 4-3-1-2 from 4-2-3-1 wide and oh my... goals galore. 4-3-1-2 is as efficient as it was in Fm 18. It was terrible in Fm19. Advanced playmaker at AMC position is much more efficient and I believe strikers tend to pass the ball to each other more with FM20.

I'll try it, it was always my fav formation but was not really efficient in FM19 due to passing/creating AMC not being as effective as shadow strikers.

4 hours ago, Robsontist said:

- Partnerships don't seem to form anymore (? maybe they just take waaaaaaaaay longer than in FM 19)

Was away to mention that, played a full season with my LB and LM, and two CBs, pretty much playing every game together and no relationship line has appeared.

Two players who had a line from the very beginning is the only one I see.

Also, have they not said the beta ME is 3 versions behind the one they were working on at the time of the beta release? Sure I read that.

2 hours ago, kertiek said:

am managing arsenal, for example ozil and leno got the homegrown status, every player did minus tierney, dont know why he didnt.

here are the rules:

image.thumb.png.b5ef60542630af1f64efd94746438290.png

Maybe players already at clubs were given special dispensation to stay at the club? We needto see your Brexit news message.

When I start a shortlist it’s a nuisance to have to manually click in the text box in order to name list. Similar functionality has existed in a few other spots (maybe naming training schedules)

• SI Staff
59 minutes ago, s0ni42 said:

When I start a shortlist it’s a nuisance to have to manually click in the text box in order to name list. Similar functionality has existed in a few other spots (maybe naming training schedules)

Would be worth raising here, cheers - https://community.sigames.com/forum/711-user-interface/

On 31/10/2019 at 20:55, FrazT said:

I will be honest and have been more worried about whether they go in or not- I will try to look if and when I get the chance to go back to playing

Just bumping this up, because I have seen a few more penalties, and those were all hit low as well. Definitely something wrong here.

I am always surprised whenever I run into something like this in the game, because while watching the videos I feel like it is such an obvious thing, and yet it has not been noticed by the testers? After watching 4-5 penalties that are all hit low more or less the same way, it should be impossible not to be noticed by a tester, and I would expect at that point a tester should start paying attention to it. And I am sure SI runs countless soak tests, all you have to do is go through 15-20 penalties, and you will know if it was just coincidence, or a bug.

I want to say a big thank you to all of you that are persevering with the beta. I've seen people reaching a second season already, fair play to you. I can't handle it in its current state, at times it feels like the best Football Manager in years, at times it's maddening and almost laughable... but that's a beta for you. 

I gave my feedback several pages back, I'm having the same issues that many others are having. I trust most of them will be sorted by release day and I can't wait to get properly stuck into this beautiful bastard of a game. 

Edited by superposh

1 saat önce, themadsheep2001 said:

This. I mean they literally said its not the final ME, nor the final product

What its really good for at this point is the sheer number of eyes on it, and the varying state of hardware system its being played on

You're right this is beta but the team had a lot of time to work on it. In betas, usually minor and uncommon problems occur. The game has been tested before beta release of course and I think some bugs are very very obvious. (one on ones, number of shots, long pass accuracy etc.) I've only played a few matches, but I've seen them. There's no way the team didn't see it i think. On the other hand 3d graphics issue is another big issue. It's almost 1 week from release and we're still waiting for a solution.

Edited by srvngrc

Just now, srvngrc said:

You're right this is beta but the team had a lot of time to work on it. In betas, usually minor and uncommon problems occur. The game has been tested before beta release of course and I think some bugs are very very obvious. (one on ones, number of shots, long pass accuracy etc.) I've only played a few matches, but I've seen them. There's no way the team didn't see it i think. On the other hand 3d graphics issue is another big issue. It's almost 1 week from release and we're still waiting for a solution. 

Just because it's there doesn't mean it's not been seen. While there may or may not be hotfixes for this beta period people need to remember their primary aim will be fixing things for release, not updating the beta 

About the number of shots: what is the goal to achieve here to reflect real life? I remember commenting on this in FM 19, and majority thought the number of shots was spot on. I just don't get it. When I look at the stats of real life matches, they are typically around 10-12 per match per team. In FM games it seems to be closer to 15 or more on average, and many times the better team in a match gets around 20 or more. Sure it happens irl too, but on rare occasion.

Apart from the numbers, it doesn't pass the eye test either. Irl, once a team gets into the opposition 3rd, the defense gets tighter, and it gets significantly more difficult to find space to receive a pass, control, dribble one or two touches and then shoot. I don't see that in FM (not just one version, but in general). Also players in FM are in general more trigger happy, whereas real life players typically won't shoot until a very good chance presents itself.

1 minute ago, bleventozturk said:

About the number of shots: what is the goal to achieve here to reflect real life? I remember commenting on this in FM 19, and majority thought the number of shots was spot on. I just don't get it. When I look at the stats of real life matches, they are typically around 10-12 per match per team. In FM games it seems to be closer to 15 or more on average, and many times the better team in a match gets around 20 or more. Sure it happens irl too, but on rare occasion.

Apart from the numbers, it doesn't pass the eye test either. Irl, once a team gets into the opposition 3rd, the defense gets tighter, and it gets significantly more difficult to find space to receive a pass, control, dribble one or two touches and then shoot. I don't see that in FM (not just one version, but in general). Also players in FM are in general more trigger happy, whereas real life players typically won't shoot until a very good chance presents itself.

Depends on which site you gather your IRL stats. And i don't think IRL they count blocked shots while in FM they go to the total amount of shots.

Saying this, I agree with you that long shooting needs tweaking and there is already a thread in the bug forum.

Might it be a good idea if personal discussions between manager and player, while the manager is away on holiday, will be held directly after the manager returns from holiday, rather than the player getting upset because you didn't talk to him while you were away?

I really like the game and always enjoy building a team, long term development and stable squad but I always have the same problem that I find highly unrealistic and disturbing long term saves. I want to build stable squad, relationships with my players and keep them in the club for many years but it is really difficult to extend their contracts as they always demand highly unrealistic and much higher wages than they currently have. F. ex. I have a player with 25k p/m, he is happy at my club, no other teams are interested in buying him, he has contract for next year but I want to offer him new contract to keep him in my club but he demands 40-50k p/m at least. And the same happens for practicaly all players, in all my saves, in all FM versions. If I want to keep my wages on a reasonable level than I have to sell these players or overpay them, meanwhile in reality they would be happy to extend their contracts for about the same wages. In case they change the club then they usually sign contracts with even lower wages than their current wages on my team. It really is breaking my intention to build a stable squad and happens on almost all occassions. Anyone having the same experience?

18 dakika önce, themadsheep2001 said:

Just because it's there doesn't mean it's not been seen. While there may or may not be hotfixes for this beta period people need to remember their primary aim will be fixing things for release, not updating the beta 

I’m not waiting a hotfix for ME.  I’m just waiting a hotfix for graphics issue because these “bug” makes the game unplayable and i can not test the “beta” enough. My PC’s fans are about to break. Btw i can play COD, Battlefield, Fifa without any problem.

Just to post my views  of FM20 as i have reached mid season in the beta save:

Funny facts (out of FM): First guy pushing FM20 to Mixer database (sorry miles if you see this somehow) and first FM20 streamer there, currently here in Portugal in some stores this game is to be released in 8th of November (had to speak about that with a store owner too :D)

FM in game feedback: 1 constant bug and it has been reported in the forums at least twice that i have seen (crash on the game exit)

Anusual players shooting penalties by game selection (in this case Left Defenders) and 2 penalties missed out of nowhere

VAR - Keeps funny the reasons to consult it ,

Less FM19 corners forced for no reason , Yei 

I think FM gives the teams some learning abilities from one game to another, have beaten boavista by 5-0 twice and Lito vidigal is still thinking that old is gold :D  (im FCporto in each game first save)

About the team names, obviously i have to refer Zebre , Juventus name became outdated and even without license to use it i just want to go to italy  to joke with this.

Keep it up boys and good saves everyone

5 horas atrás, Mr U Rosler disse:

The 2019 Beta ME vs the full release ME were night and day last year.

I suspect they are already working on a version of the Match Engine several iterations ahead of this one.

I think the 'BETA' element refers more to general playability and bug spotting in the game OUTSIDE of the Match Engine.

The idea that something as complex as the Match Engine can be rebuilt based on 2 weeks worth of feedback from users in a non-controlled environment is a fallacy.

I'm sure the Match Engine on full release will be much better balanced. 

Even on their first live stream, they said they were using the ME 4 versions ago of the one they were currently working on. Why? Because it was more stable (meaning, less chance of crashing and everything going to heck).

It's totally possible that the ME in Beta wasn't even the one they were working on on the day of the release.

A question for those who ran a test game:

How do the newgens look? And equally important, how does AI perform in terms of developing them? 

My favorite FM is FM 17, but my major issue with it is the lack of versatility in how many different position the newgens can play. You can retrain players to overcome this issue somewhat, but AI almost never does it, so what is the point. It really takes some of the fun away in long term saves. 

39 minutos atrás, Ghost77 disse:

Will try to ask again. Guys, please, is there a possibility to filter male and female staff on advanced search in Beta? Thx!

Mate I currently think it's not possible.

Btw, I'll leave you the suggestion of hiring Helena Costa, but not as a scout like she's listed. As a coach, for the possession type of training, or even as Assistant Manager. She's just great.

Everytime I go to a big team, I hire her and then imagine a story where that club presents the first female Ass Man at a top level, belonging to my staff. And I hope one day we will see a club like Man United doing it, be it with Helena or some other woman.

Edited by 99

12 minutes ago, 99 said:

Mate I currently think it's not possible.

Btw, I'll leave you the suggestion of hiring Helena Costa, but not as a scout like she's listed. As a coach, for the possession type of training, or even as Assistant Manager. She's just great.

Everytime I go to a big team, I hire her and then imagine a story where that club presents the first female Ass Man at a top level, belonging to my staff. And I hope one day we will see a club like Man United doing it, be it with Helena or some other woman.

Yes, I like to interact like that too :) Thanks for the tip. It's really painful to find female staff without the filter..

Edited by Ghost77

31 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

A question for those who ran a test game:

How do the newgens look? And equally important, how does AI perform in terms of developing them? 

My favorite FM is FM 17, but my major issue with it is the lack of versatility in how many different position the newgens can play. You can retrain players to overcome this issue somewhat, but AI almost never does it, so what is the point. It really takes some of the fun away in long term saves. 

I'm playing the Youth Academy Challenge. In my second season so its abit early to say how they develop but the new development center is awesome and very helpful. 

Seem like retraining youngsters in new positions and new roles works better. And AI do that too for sure. I have had 2 youth intakes so far and its alot of versatility there.

Hope that answer some of you questions, but the best thing is to test it for yourself

I don't pay too much heed to friendlies, as they seem to be super easy to get results in and then things go much worse when the competitive matches start.

So, I've finally got to the competitive matches in my beta save as Southampton - an away Premier League match to Liverpool (so about as hard as it gets).

And what a match, one of the most exciting matches I've witnessed in FM.  Ended up as a 3-2 defeat, but there was just something about it that was so much fun to watch!

6 hours ago, glosoli said:

What are you finding you got out of the AMC?  I switched away from my diamond formation because the AMC wasn't contributing anything other than the odd shot from distance.

27 minutes ago, Diego D10S said:

I'm playing the Youth Academy Challenge. In my second season so its abit early to say how they develop but the new development center is awesome and very helpful. 

Seem like retraining youngsters in new positions and new roles works better. And AI do that too for sure. I have had 2 youth intakes so far and its alot of versatility there.

Hope that answer some of you questions, but the best thing is to test it for yourself

Thank you! 

Way too many games with the better team ending with 25+ shots and the other team with no shots or only one or two. This was in FM 19 too. It just almost never happens irl, so common in FM.  I understand the lesser team playing with more defensive mentality, but still, it doesn't mean that they will not even attempt anything. What happened to beautiful counter attacking that I see in FM 17?

Some stats (number of shots) from today's games where one side was significantly stronger:

Liverpool: 17 Genk: 6

Napoli: 24 Salzburg: 11

Barcelona:12 Prag: 4 (this would for sure be a Barcelona 32 Prag 0 shots game in FM)

Edited by bleventozturk

@Seb Wassell

Just a question about team talks.

We played Porto in our CL group, and at halftime we were down 0-3. Somehow the lads fought back and we ended up with a 3-3 draw.

After the game, under neither of all the moods was there an option to tell the players they had done great to come back.

The closest i could get was " Despite the result, you did well out there ".

Not really what i felt like saying. They appreciated it of course, but maybe you've just overseen the scenario?

I've not seen the " You've done great to come back "  or the good ol' " That was a bit of a Jeckyll and Hyde performance " yet, 5 seasons in.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Rehnzz said:

@Seb Wassell

Just a question about team talks.

We played Porto in our CL group, and at halftime we were down 0-3. Somehow the lads fought back and we ended up with a 3-3 draw.

After the game, under neither of all the moods was there an option to tell the players they had done great to come back.

The closest i could get was " Despite the result, you did well out there ".

Not really what i felt like saying. They appreciated it of course, but maybe you've just overseen the scenario?

I've not seen the " You've done great to come back "  or the good ol' " That was a bit of a Jeckyll and Hyde performance " yet, 5 seasons in.

@CJ Ramson or @Jack Joyce will be your men here.

I understand pressing is important part of football, but why we even have options for creating legit tactic, when as long as u press magic button for counterpress, increase urgency of pressing and push defensive line atleast to higher, your team is instantly superior towards others. Its so annoying to play always the same thing because other options are simply just weaker. This needs to get changed.

9 minutes ago, jckl said:

I understand pressing is important part of football, but why we even have options for creating legit tactic, when as long as u press magic button for counterpress, increase urgency of pressing and push defensive line atleast to higher, your team is instantly superior towards others. Its so annoying to play always the same thing because other options are simply just weaker. This needs to get changed.

Agreed. This is actually related to what I was saying about the imbalance in shots / stronger teams absolutely dominating weaker ones. When you play more attacking, more pressing style, there is no threat from the other team to punish you. A few times in some ME builds SI got it closer to real life (in early builds of FM 19 for example I was able to play defensive and hit the stronger teams with high pressing style on counter attacks and punish them), but towards the 19.3 match engine this kept getting worse, going in the wrong direction. Too bad it is still there in FM 20. 

Edited by bleventozturk

Question for SI staff or mods who may know.

I have posted more than ten times in the ME bugs forum following the guidelines (pkm and time marks provided) but have yet to receive a single response. I also see none of the topics in the ME bugs forum are getting response from SI staff.

My question is, are the ME team working in a different build or are busy enough that raising bugs from the beta ME is pointless? I don't mind getting no feedback if they are taking a look at the issues we raise, but I don't want to waste time if they are not even looking right now.

This is a very critical and busy time for the ME team and they are working on balancing the ME for the final release.  They will be working on several builds ahead of the one on the public beta as they are supplying builds for the private beta to test.  Whilst it looks like like many different issues being reported in the ME Bugs forum, many of them are linked to the same issues and have already been logged.  I am sure ( and we have been told this) that the team will look at all threads raised and use the information supplied to augment their own findings.  Getting no apparent response can indeed be frustrating, but be assured that all input from users is appreciated and viewed, even if there is no direct response

7 hours ago, superposh said:

I want to say a big thank you to all of you that are persevering with the beta. I've seen people reaching a second season already, fair play to you. I can't handle it in its current state, at times it feels like the best Football Manager in years, at times it's maddening and almost laughable... but that's a beta for you. 

I gave my feedback several pages back, I'm having the same issues that many others are having. I trust most of them will be sorted by release day and I can't wait to get properly stuck into this beautiful bastard of a game. 

I really don't know what you mean. There are some minor things, thats all really. The way the players behave etc is better now than it was by March im fm 19.

5 seasons in and nothing has happened to me that was gamebreaking, the closest being a few players being a bit too cheap.

Has anyone had any players develop partnerships so far? 

I'm in November of my 2nd season and nobody bar 2 players who already had a partnership have actually developed one yet. 

On FM19 they usually developed by the end of pre-season / first month of games. 

I have some players who've played 50+ games together in defence and nothing as yet. 

Edited by kiwityke1983

31 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Has anyone had any players develop partnerships so far? 

I'm in November of my 2nd season and nobody bar 2 players who already had a partnership have actually developed one yet. 

On FM19 they usually developed by the end of pre-season / first month of games. 

I have some players who've played 50+ games together in defence and nothing as yet. 

I have had partnerships develop relatively quickly perhaps there is something peculiar about your save. It would be worth raising this in the bugs forum, and through uploading your saved game too.

34 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

I have had partnerships develop relatively quickly perhaps there is something peculiar about your save. It would be worth raising this in the bugs forum, and through uploading your saved game too.

Very interesting. I’ve had the same issue and you’re the first person that I’ve read that has had partnerships develop in a save. 

25 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Very interesting. I’ve had the same issue and you’re the first person that I’ve read that has had partnerships develop in a save. 

Maybe i am the first person to post here who hasn't had the issue, which is why its important to raise these issues as bugs when they happen in your saves. To get partnerships fast you need to be doing certain things consistently.

There we go Sept.

1717901226_Screenshot2019-11-06at2_19_40PM.thumb.png.95511083c5d41c7eb2c5437b035e3100.png