Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

I just noticed similar with a goalkeeper coach (jani paananen) had in 19s in staff search hired him few weeks later checked my coaching and only 2 stars, so checked it out and now he only has 13s, can't fire him because he's just signed fortunately board request allowed another coach but for now I have wasted a valuable coaching spot. Should I report this a as bug?

Yes please.

21 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Get what your saying, my point is could rest after my att corner training, travel after that, match preview morning of match to me fresher in minds of the players, travel after match, then next day, match review + recovery, I have had them back in next for training after a not bad defeat and they were ok with(few pages back in this topic). I realise I'm nit picking and this would only work with local ish matches.

sorry to tag you seb but you replied while I was replying to Lord rowell, also could you check my post couple pages back about a staff attribute change to see if I need to report it, or did I make a booboo

@Seb Wassell

That may be another way of doing it.

At the end of the day, you're the manager. That's why I almost always ignored my Ass Man in prior versions of FM ;) because I'm the manager, not him / her.

Edited by Lord Rowell

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I'm interested to see the training reports tell me that players are improving a lot or significantly, but the attribute changes screen showing me only slight improvement or no change at all.

That one is covered here -

I love winning but top 4 with Cardiff after 10 games. Just 2 defeats both 1-0 against Chelsea and Spurs. Bit much.

Got the potential for an absolute classic version here but part of what makes the game is the challenge. AI needs to be more ruthless in full release.

image.thumb.png.139a1aa643bcd2278e15f2d6d002ef04.png

8 minutes ago, Sw1 said:

I love winning but top 4 with Cardiff after 10 games. Just 2 defeats both 1-0 against Chelsea and Spurs. Bit much.

Got the potential for an absolute classic version here but part of what makes the game is the challenge. AI needs to be more ruthless in full release.

Teams are underestimating you. Wait until January.

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Tbf, you're both probably right. It's really not that straightforward. Match injuries are high, but training looks low. So you can easily be being double hit, or suffering nothing at all

(The below is complete guesswork on my part)

My guess is that there is a bug, but it only presents itself when some tactical settings are present. This seems the most logical reason why 1) the injuries occur during matches, and 2) the mass injuries only affect some players.

I'm wondering whether it's due to SI trying to replicate some of the downsides associated with very high intensity tactical systems, but not quite getting the balance right. This would sort of explain why it seems to be more the elite level teams that are affected, whilst the lower league managers seem to be less affected (at least from what I've seen on this forum).

Edited by DementedHammer

2 hours ago, Sw1 said:

This is nothing more than a good start to the season really isn't it :D

Just done a Burnley/Watford/Leicester scenario and you may drop off in a couple of weeks. Would be very worried if that is indeed still the case come the final third of the season but a newly promoted club starting well in the league is hardly an impossible feat.

The brazilian league foreign transfer window is in june-july only

I cant sign foreign playes in january like in real life

Please for the love of god tell me I do not have to start a new save for a patch to fix this huge huge huge huge mistake

I am playing the 2019 Brasileirao. Can a patch fix my Brasileirao 2020 without I having to restart?

(already posted in the bug section)

Edited by AEJ

19 minutes ago, AEJ said:

The brazilian league foreign transfer window is in june-july only

I cant sign foreign playes in january like in real life

Please for the love of god tell me I do not have to start a new save for a patch to fix this huge huge huge huge mistake

I am playing the 2019 Brasileirao. Can a patch fix my Brasileirao 2020 without I having to restart?

(already posted in the bug section)

You have posted in the correct threads and you will get an answer in there.

Finished my first Season with my CaC Club (aka ex-Paderborn) in german 2.Bundesliga and in a dramatic nailbiting finisch made it to the second place and direct Promotion via better Goal difference over the third placed Team - HSV stranded 5th place.

Injuries are down by ~35% compared to the Season before (and its real world stats) according to the briefings i receive - at average i have 1 Player pre game injured and 1 other that has a knock, the worst was one Player having a 3 month injury, never had more than 6 or 7 Players missing for injuries at the same time...

Crosses are ~ 50% of assists for and against my Team.

Corners, Free Kicks are better implemented and closer to their real world urgency - Goalkeepers actually save many Free Kicks but not all that were never hit the target in FM18 and much less Player-idiocy when its a Corner Situation.

At all the amount of Goals shot and received is so far much more realistic - My best Striker roughly netted 15 Goals and not 30+  like in older FMs and my goal difference was round About 20+ against 13+ for my 3rd placed competitor, also the Team has a nice spread of assists and goals all over quite realisticly.

Games the Team Plays under pressure are pretty obvious and hair tearing at times...also some Players obviously standing out/thrive under pressure...

PLayers become expensive in wages pretty soon - really hard to stay on the lower/inexpensive wage side of things...

Like it so far!

:)

Edited by Etebaer

10 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

0 injuries is as much of a bug as 20...wonder how many will raise it as a bug when it favours them.

10 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I know @XaW has, but you're right, I dont expect many to!

Yeah, I think it has to do with semi-pro teams. I'm a bit over a season into the game, and I still don't have a single injury from training. Now, I might be the luckiest guy here, but I rather think it's a bug instead. Seb said he is looking at it, so hopefully it will be tweaked for the full release.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I think it has to do with semi-pro teams. I'm a bit over a season into the game, and I still don't have a single injury from training. Now, I might be the luckiest guy here, but I rather think it's a bug instead. Seb said he is looking at it, so hopefully it will be tweaked for the full release.

If not fixed, a pretty much high refund requests will come.

I am ready to play with injuries fixed or to get an immediate refund

First season on the beta was one of the most pleasing seasons of my FM career, so far. 

Only a few games left but on course for a lower midtable finish with a midtable side. Something about me enjoys that more than if I'd taken them to title straight off.

Had a run of two wins in three months, most goals conceded from crosses, then a wee tactical tweak of getting the defence to play wider has severely nullified that. Not conceding has allowed my strikers to win games, and we've dragged ourselves safe.

9 hours ago, Sw1 said:

It was always possible to overachieve in the previous versions aswell, I remember there was a guy who posted that he finished 4th in La Liga with Leganes in the first season so yeah. It also depends on what tactics you use, if you exploit the bugs or ME weaknesses etc (not saying that you do). But yeah I agree the game is a bit softer compared to the previous versions and that's maybe down to the tactical presets? It has certainly become easier for new players though.

1 minute ago, Armistice said:

It was always possible to overachieve in the previous versions aswell, I remember there was a guy who posted that he finished 4th in La Liga with Leganes in the first season so yeah. It also depends on what tactics you use, if you exploit the bugs or ME weaknesses etc (not saying that you do). But yeah I agree the game is a bit softer compared to the previous versions and that's maybe down to the tactical presets? It has certainly become easier for new players though.

The Betas always easier.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Me too but only around 10 games in, hardly get any in matches either. Where's your thread in the bug forum? I could upload my save game later on today. 

IMO the tactical presets are great. In the past I've always struggled to come up with any sort of sensible tactic on my own. When I first started the game (FM14) I pretty much always downloaded a tactic and then tweaked it so it became more to my liking. Then, with the last two years editions I tended to use one of Cleon's guides as a starting point. The new presets seem to provide great starting points with a big advantage that they don't contain any contradictory instructions ... at least I don't think that they do. This should be a great help. How often, in the tactics forum, have we seen people asking for advice only to be told that their tactics are full of contradictory instructions?

in general there are still crazy amounts of crossing attempts as soon as human or ai manager employs wingers in their tactics. 40, 50, 60 crosses per game is far too much, average pl team makes less than 20.  

i really think all wingers, fbs, wbs should have crossing set to mixed not often, which means you instruct player to cross the ball into box at any cost no metter how many players are there in the box, how good is their position to cross, are there better options, maybe sneaking into the box with inteligent one-two's etc. all they do is bombing countless crosses and it's not how modern wing play looks. it's a shame because it's a good me, possibly great.

with more inteligent wingers' and fbs' crossing aimed a little more to recycling possession the game would achieve more realistic crossing, corners and possession stats 

1 hour ago, Boomer Ang said:

If not fixed, a pretty much high refund requests will come.

I am ready to play with injuries fixed or to get an immediate refund

Relax, it's a Beta, you know. This is the entire reason they have an open Beta, it's for things like this to be spotted and reported.

14 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

Me too but only around 10 games in, hardly get any in matches either. Where's your thread in the bug forum? I could upload my save game later on today. 

I asked in here because I talked to Seb about something similar in the FM18 Beta, and he said he would check it out. So I don't have any report in the bug reports section. Feel free to create one though, as the more reports the better.

10 hours ago, Sw1 said:

Seems only Cardiff look out of place because of where they are positioned right now but if Cardiff were higher in real life would you be saying anything

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I think it has to do with semi-pro teams. .

I'm in Serie A, and have had no injuries in two months now. Mind, I'm out the cup and not in Europe in the first season, so I'm only playing one game a week which probably helps. 

But that's normal for me, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the condition of my players :lol:

16 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

I hope SI will fix this injury tsunami before the release for 2 readons :

1) the beta is unplayable 

2) even after the fix injuries will have to be further tweaked so we will have a playable game only for xmas

You need to actually say how it is unplayable. I am finding it very VERY playable, not had 1 crash or seen the insane amount of injuries other have reported. If you're not willing to explain why you feel it is unplayable SI won't be able to try sand fix whatever problems you're having.

13 hours ago, kosecki99 said:

I Win all matches!. Fm19 is very easy!

Are you the guy from the other thread that has said he saves before every match, goes on holiday  for that match and if he doesn't win reloads?

13 hours ago, saihtam said:

Something new!!!

Kemar Roofe_ Interaction Private Chat.png
-----------------------
Edit:
Something that really bothers me.

Last FMs when i click on club i would see club overview, but now it goes straight to players. Any way to change it?

It's in the interface preferences, select the landing screen toclub overview.

It would be nice if the ratings which apply to the training facilities and the youth facilities (eg Good, Excellent, Superb, State of the Art, etc) could be standardised so they match - I think there is a difference right now between them. Why not use star ratings (like with players) instead? Then we could see how much scope there is for further expansion.

I like the new feature where your DOF recommends which players to renew contracts with when they're coming up for expiry (and why), although I'm not sure why he would recommend I re-sign my 36yr old striker due to him having 'significant potential' - might have to raise that. :D

13 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm loving how I've created a full on war-of-words with the Genoa manager. And he's getting more and more wound up by it. My inner 'Fergie' at work here. The game implements this better than it used to. 

Forza Blucerchiati!! 

:lol:

It's difficult to get there, but it's been in the game for a while.  I managed to turn Eddie Howe into a seething mess when I was Scotland manager and he was my counterpart for England.  They talked us down and we beat them in the 2018 qualifiers.  He never quite got over that, and when we cuffed them out of two separate tournaments he went on a massive tear.  Ended up getting sacked too.  Pleasing.

EDIT: I tell a lie, he took over for the 2018 qualifiers and started regressing when we beat him there.  We put them out of Euro 2020 and he lost it.

Edited by forameuss

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, 2feet said:

It would be nice if the ratings which apply to the training facilities and the youth facilities (eg Good, Excellent, Superb, State of the Art, etc) could be standardised so they match - I think there is a difference right now between them. Why not use star ratings (like with players) instead? Then we could see how much scope there is for further expansion.

We are aware of this inconsistency, cheers.

34 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm loving how I've created a full on war-of-words with the Genoa manager. And he's getting more and more wound up by it. My inner 'Fergie' at work here. The game implements this better than it used to. 

Forza Blucerchiati!! 

:lol:

Have you been trying to convince him that injuries dont exist while half his team is injured? Mind game genius as well as the greatest condition manager :lol:

As I understand if I let AM take over of the training he will base it on the present i have chose in tactics. What if i change the tactics present from Gengen to possession, will he change the training accordingly or i need to toggle it again somewhere?
I did not see an option to ask assistant manager in training screen.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, saihtam said:

As I understand if I let AM take over of the training he will base it on the present i have chose in tactics. What if i change the tactics present from Gengen to possession, will he change the training accordingly or i need to toggle it again somewhere?
I did not see an option to ask assistant manager in training screen.

The AM bases his training choices on several factors, one of which is your tactics yes. Changing your primary tactic will see the AM update training accordingly. This may not be immediate however and he will not change the current week if it has already started.

15 hours ago, saihtam said:

Something new!!!

Last FMs when i click on club i would see club overview, but now it goes straight to players. Any way to change it?

It's an option in the Preferences -> Interface Screen under the Team Screen Section select Landing Page and change, you can do the same for the player screens as well.

The most frustrating thing about this years ME is that you see some of the best football played that we've seen in fm in years, but 90% of the time the attack will still end with a stupid cross attempt or a player failing a dribble. It's close to being a good ME, but it cant become another year of crossing simulator

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

Have you been trying to convince him that injuries dont exist while half his team is injured? Mind game genius as well as the greatest condition manager :lol:

Just checked, Genoa don't have a single injury either. :brock:

noinjuries.PNG

15 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

There are a ton of issues, I fear SI will wait for the vanilla.

meantime for many of us the beta is dead. Silly, here we have a pre alpha.

So refund the game and buy it again at full release. Buying a beta and then complaining there are bugs is totally nonsensical.

21 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

So refund the game and buy it again at full release. Buying a beta and then complaining there are bugs is totally nonsensical.

That is called “ frustration “ , that’s a human emotion.

I am human therefore the emotion.

told that, I am waiting for the final release because SI told it is working on the injury bug.

i don’t care about all the other bugs but the injuries and rest one stopped the show for me. ( 16 injured players and the remaining ones jaded and in need of rest in October )

Edited by Boomer Ang

1 hour ago, RobertPage said:

The most frustrating thing about this years ME is that you see some of the best football played that we've seen in fm in years, but 90% of the time the attack will still end with a stupid cross attempt or a player failing a dribble. It's close to being a good ME, but it cant become another year of crossing simulator

In my game despite I tick everything pressing related, the ME never let my players press, never.

You have bought crossing simulator 19, I have bought wax statues simulator 19 instead :)

Edited by Boomer Ang

1 hour ago, Boomer Ang said:

In my game despite I tick everything pressing related, the ME never let my players press, never.

You have bought crossing simulator 19, I have bought wax statues simulator 19 instead :)

I've not seen this, my team are definitely pressing and pressing high up the pitch as I have selected. Also I am not seeing 'too many' goals from crosses either, I think the ratio / balance is fine.

hoping they manage to add the over the top through ball to the me at some point. or even a slotted through ball. i see the forward making runs and the space is there for a ball but it never comes.

i get it if you have players on the ball who might not see the pass but if the vision is high and the passing is high then the ball should be on instead of just recycling possession