Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

21 minutes ago, IMT said:

A) They've already acknowledged it's an issue

B) I have already acknowledged my chosem style isn't helping (although I don't see Liverpool with 13 1st team players out injured playing such a style IRL)

C) I wasn't moaning, just commenting

Not sure you need to be a developer to have noted all that either......

Being blocked we are right to have fun out of this paradox 😁

I heard that someone has also the Ass Man injured but so far that’s only a non confirmed rumor

Edited by Boomer Ang

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, superposh said:

So... Werner just scored 8 of Leipzig's goals in a 17-0 win over a semi pro side in the first round of the German cup. 

Highest score I've seen in any version of the game, ever. 

That's the best time ahs place to look for those scorelines as every season the first round of that particular competition throws up the likes of Bayern and Dortmund versus some pub team. 

See scores go into their twenties in FM 18

57 minutes ago, tkg said:

I've noticed in several of the pre-set styles that the CBs can now be made to split when playing out from the GK. A really cool feature that I'm glad has been incorporated into the ME!

The thing i'm uncertain on is what instruction, or combination of instructions, actually causes this behaviour to occur?

I've currently setup a new tactic that uses distribute to CBs and take short kicks but when playing out from the GK (SK wit Support) the CBs (a BPD,CB pair) aren't splitting like I had hoped. They are staying narrow to recieve the ball like they always have in previous versions...  So i'm pretty confused as to how to go about getting this new ME behaviour to happen when using a custom tactic.

Anyone got any ideas?

It only happens after the ball has gone out of play for a goal-kick, from a dead ball essentially

1 hour ago, tkg said:

I've noticed in several of the pre-set styles that the CBs can now be made to split when playing out from the GK. A really cool feature that I'm glad has been incorporated into the ME!

The thing i'm uncertain on is what instruction, or combination of instructions, actually causes this behaviour to occur?

I've currently setup a new tactic that uses distribute to CBs and take short kicks but when playing out from the GK (SK wit Support) the CBs (a BPD,CB pair) aren't splitting like I had hoped. They are staying narrow to recieve the ball like they always have in previous versions...  So i'm pretty confused as to how to go about getting this new ME behaviour to happen when using a custom tactic.

Anyone got any ideas?

It started to appear for me after selecting "Play out of defence", not sure if anything else affected it though.

Seen people mentioning that the AI managed "superclubs" dont seem as dominant on this save. This is how the four major European Leagues look like on my save..

Untitled.thumb.png.406c14b41e56d580f161970f463bfa81.png Untitled3.png.972815d553da1267577f8853b5afa423.png

41 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I think I remember reading someone said it's a response to the opposition pressing high as opposed to a tactic on our part.

That's interesting if that's the case...though it would be a little disapponting to not be something that player has more control of.

It's also a little odd as I played a lower defensive line, lower line of engagement and standard pressing intensity against them and they continued to use the split CBs. Whereas they employed a relatively high block and  press against my backline and we didn't split. 

9 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

It only happens after the ball has gone out of play for a goal-kick, from a dead ball essentially

Yeah, it was dead ball situations I was looking out for, still no split from my team at any point. I've isolated the relevant passes in the screenshot. Real Madrid always split from a reset, even when the GK decided to distribute to the fullback instead.

Notice that he always distributed to the farside FB when taking from the left, and the nearside CB when taking from the right.  It's impossible to tell, but there are 3 match events directly on top of one another from that position. So they always moved the ball out on their right hand side.

Liverpool v Real Madrid_ Analysis Players.png

1 minute ago, tkg said:

It's also a little odd as I played a lower defensive line, lower line of engagement and standard pressing intensity against them and they continued to use the split CBs. Whereas they employed a relatively high block and  press against my backline and we didn't split. 

Were you using prevent short GK distribution by chance?

Just now, RocheBag said:

Were you using prevent short GK distribution by chance?

Nah, this was just a simple tactic I threw together to see how a lower-block would work out:

1916880946_Liverpool_Overview-2.thumb.png.2415196499201eea016014776b4de869.png

I'm going to try out the suggestion above to use Play out of defence to see if that impacts it.

Having a few other little niggling issues with the ME at the moment, trying to figure out whether they are issues with the ME or just me :lol:

Anyone else having issues with Deep Lying fowards (support) not really getting invovled during the build up phase and instead sticking quite hard to the opposition's defensive line?

Even though Firmino is being set as a DLF(s) and has the Comes Deep to get the ball PPM he doesn't seem to drop deep to collect the ball very often at all. I've found that my forwards are only getting around 17 pass attempts per match!

I don't know if it's a knock on effect of that, but decision making when dribbling also seems quite off. Players seem to routinely dribble into a wall of opposition players rather than slow down their run and look for a passing option (when there are available). It doesn't help that the Dribbling stats on the analysis page only shows successful dribbles as opposed to showing failed  attempts too. So the only way to analyse your failed dribbles appears to be to comb through every lost possession clip until you find the right ones :seagull: 

Dribbling seems too arcadey and unrealistic, I don't have any data but it seems like in every single move a player will successfully take on at least one player

Edited by Fosse

2 horas atrás, Dagenham_Dave disse:

Another manager of a Premier League team who (probably) plays a high intensity brand of football, and another injury crisis. 

It's almost as if you don't need to work as a developer of the game to work out where the issue they've discovered has arisen from. 

I thanked your answer earlier but tbh I don't get your point now. You're denying a BUG that the game developers themselves said it EXISTS. C'mon :)

44 minutes ago, Fosse said:

Dribbling seems too arcadey and unrealistic, I don't have any data but it seems like in every single move a player will successfully take on at least one player

Agreed. Might be worth raising in the bugs forum. The crossing was posted in there and they're looking at that.

Seems like once a player starts trying to take players on he never stops. Won't stop his run to pass, he either loses the ball or gets all the way through on goal.

Edited by RocheBag

43 minutes ago, 99 said:

I thanked your answer earlier but tbh I don't get your point now. You're denying a BUG that the game developers themselves said it EXISTS. C'mon :)

I think some of you are stuck in a loop!

a) Dave has acknowledged there is an injury bug. He added that this may be further exacerbated by overly intensive tactics/training. 

b) Then someone says “Yeah, but it’s an acknowledged bug”.

c) Go back to part a).

Break this cycle! ;)

It had to happen.  Is just had to.  Every single year during the beta, SI get told (wrongly) on their feedback thread that there are too many injuries.  Of course, until now, there has been no issues with injuries.  Now we genuinely have an injury bug for the first time I can remember and this thread goes into meltdown.

😂😂😂

43 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

It had to happen.  Is just had to.  Every single year during the beta, SI get told (wrongly) on their feedback thread that there are too many injuries.  Of course, until now, there has been no issues with injuries.  Now we genuinely have an injury bug for the first time I can remember and this thread goes into meltdown.

😂😂😂

They have at least acknowledged that they are looking into it this time

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

They have at least acknowledged that they are looking into it this time

I know and it wasn't a criticism of SI at all.  There was genuinely no issues with injuries until this year - it was people who didn't know how to train/play/manage.  I only had issues with injuries once previously, around 2014 I think and the issue was me, once I understood what I was doing wrong.

Players complaining About more quickness training but when i set it to Quickness as additional Training focus regime they complain Either too excessive work load or Feels the Individual Training is no longer suitable but it is what they asked for. Better feedback from players will be appreciated on this sort of things. 

Drop deep can draw more offside than playing high line with setting up offside trap.

The most amount offside player is full back and winger.

Pass back to GK which causes corner still exits.

Too many miss of simple passing.

AM keeps changing my modified training schedule.

dribbling in this year is ridiculous. Player having dribbling related ppm or setting him IF means they will not stop dribbling until lost the ball, cross or shoot the ball.'

Not much forward movement when the players are in final third based on my observation. (comprehensions highlights)

Pressing is related to the player's mentality. A little bit disappointed. 

I saw some players want more quickness training.  I have scheduled one session for them. After that session, they said they are unhappy with the high strengthen of quickness training.

Player's rating system is time to reform.

Edited by keithfc

12 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Tackling is a technical attribute. It's the skill of physically moving your leg into the ball to win it.  You cannot train a technical attribute by watching video.

You can train mental attributes by watching video. Things like angles and body position, those would be attributes like Anticipation, Positioning, Decisions. Not Tackling.

your wrong there dude. im a chef and learning how to do certain technical things in a video is as good as 1 2 1 coaching. you can learn a lot about watching a video. you can learn about the body shape of someone prior to  tackling. learn about there technique in the tackle, you can learn which leg do they go in with in different situations its never just about 1 2 1

6 hours ago, kpsia518 said:

giphy.gif

oh dear,how come he miss that ?!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OK fess up how do you get that ball over the top,i'll be happy with any type of through ball tbh.I've got Paul Pogba who is a pretty deent midfielder but as soon as he gets a chance to play any type of through ball he takes a long shot(yes it is a ppm)but sometimes when a player is crying out for a through ball he ignores him completely .If he doesn't take a pot shot he plays a ridiculous square pass.

15 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

OK fess up how do you get that ball over the top,i'll be happy with any type of through ball tbh.I've got Paul Pogba who is a pretty deent midfielder but as soon as he gets a chance to play any type of through ball he takes a long shot(yes it is a ppm)but sometimes when a player is crying out for a through ball he ignores him completely .If he doesn't take a pot shot he plays a ridiculous square pass.

What have you tried tho... Its my main form of attack, also playing as utd.

If you put your tactic up in the tactic forum and state how you intend to play, you will get plenty of advice. I dont want to clog up this brilliant 'injuries arent a bug and its user error if you get them' thread. 

57 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Players complaining About more quickness training but when i set it to Quickness as additional Training focus regime they complain Either too excessive work load or Feels the Individual Training is no longer suitable but it is what they asked for. Better feedback from players will be appreciated on this sort of things. 

There is also a quickness training session you can add to your weekly schedules. 

1 minute ago, analogset111 said:

There is also a quickness training session you can add to your weekly schedules. 

I know it. It would be better if we had a feedback of "Arrange Quickness training Session" Instead of AM saying " He is unhappy as he wants more quickness training" . Also if he had Quickness as Additional Training Focus why he needs the team to do Quickness session when they are happy with Current Training Order. 

9 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Anyone got a time machine?  Not sure how I can fix this one.  I guess he's just stuck at Ipswich. 

e3d543c108648ee4fbc90519b4663c5d.png

add this to the Ipswich thread in the database and research section. Do it quickly and it should get resolved before release

Overall the game has come on a lot this year IMO, I'd give it a 9/10. 

Playing out from the back has massively improved and now looks like real football. The only improvement for me is that when you've selected "play out from the back" and picked a specific GK distribution (e.g. distribute to CBs), and that option has been marked by the oppoisition, your GK often sends it long and it ends up a leading to a goal conceded. If you've picked a short GK distribution and it's covered, as in real life, they should default to a second route to play out via (i.e. the #6 or the FBs), rather than pumping it long. 

The UI is good. The only changes I'd make are being allowed to more specifically pick what advice you want from your assistant mid-game (like we can do with scouting now). The "always ignore this advice" button doesn't work, so I'd like to be able to for example

- Always receive advice RE yellow cards and offered 'easy tackling'

- Never receive passing length advice

etc etc.

Pressing is still very weak in the ME. Modern football is all about pressing as a unit and the midfielders, full-backs, and even the CB's and GK having a role in it. Due to the fact that most central midfield roles are capped at "less urgent" pressing (when you're on max pressing tactics) makes the game look like foosball rather than football. We need to be able to ask an Advanced Playmaker in CM to press a bit higher, so it's not the 3 strikers doing it by themselves and then a big gap where the opposition has a free #6 picking up the ball. In future more advanced pressing options should be worked on, for example in a 4-4-2 diamond, two strikers splitting when their GK gets the ball and blocking passing lanes from CB to FB or WB.

Generally speaking, unlocking some player instructions in a number of areas would improve the game. You can still offer a template and default for new players without restricting things for those who want to get creative. 

Passing choices for players on the ball are now really good! Again it looks like real football and it looks like what you've asked them to do. 

Training is excellent and I'm finding that injuries are accurate too, you just need to manage them and have the "injury risk" column loaded in your squad screen and act accordingly. If I didn't have that I'd be doomed.

Scouting the UI has improved massively, but I still don't like all the things factored in to the ratings you get (likelyhood to want to sign; relative quality to your team at the time scouted, for example) which obfuscate the true ability of the player.

Edited by pauly15

2 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

your wrong there dude. im a chef and learning how to do certain technical things in a video is as good as 1 2 1 coaching. you can learn a lot about watching a video. you can learn about the body shape of someone prior to  tackling. learn about there technique in the tackle, you can learn which leg do they go in with in different situations its never just about 1 2 1

Again, those things you're describing are Decisions, Anticipation, Positioning.

@Seb Wassell hi Seb, just wondering if there is a current list of known issues being worked on?

In particular, whats the vibe from SI about the feedback concerning game difficulty (being too easy)?

I'm coming to the end of my first season and on current track look like i will get a full sweep of trophies. In isolation i would be happy with my season... But having read feedback from others it outs doubt in mind, and if i really analyse my season, i feel a bit like ive breezed through it... I'm utd so should do well, i have high rep, world class players, ive been relatively injury free and ive picked a solid 442 with decent roles etc... So its not unrealistic... But still can't help but feel its been easier than it should have been. I. E. I play lukaku as TM-s and he has goal per 111 mins... Which is fine, but my backup TM is Mctominay (a raw cm) who im shoe horning in because of his work rate, teamwork and physique. He has 11 goals in 16 starts 15 sub apps.. (but has probably been bbm for 50% of apps) 

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, tkg said:

Anyone got any ideas?

You need to use the 'play out of defence' instruction.

42 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

In particular, whats the vibe from SI about the feedback concerning game difficulty (being too easy)?

Is there such a thing as 'game difficulty' in FM? We're always told the game doesn't distinguish between human and AI users, so I'd imagine 'difficulty' is pretty arbitrary? You're an experienced FM player so you know how it works, going a big team with great players will always be easier for the likes of yourself. Maybe it's because your instructions to players are now better implemented in the match engine. Maybe because it's now more intuitive to set up a tactic. Maybe it's down to much more information the user has at their disposal. 

Point I'm making (badly, again) is that I don't think SI have a 'difficulty' switch in the code. The only real way I can see them making the game harder is to further improve the AI, but it's a fine line. You don't want to alienate the casual gamer, and I would absolutely hate it if they ever introduced difficulty settings like you see in more arcadey titles. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is there such a thing as 'game difficulty' in FM? We're always told the game doesn't distinguish between human and AI users, so I'd imagine 'difficulty' is pretty arbitrary? You're an experienced FM player so you know how it works, going a big team with great players will always be easier for the likes of yourself. Maybe it's because your instructions to players are now better implemented in the match engine. Maybe because it's now more intuitive to set up a tactic. Maybe it's down to much more information the user has at their disposal. 

Point I'm making (badly, again) is that I don't think SI have a 'difficulty' switch in the code. The only real way I can see them making the game harder is to further improve the AI, but it's a fine line. You don't want to alienate the casual gamer, and I would absolutely hate it if they ever introduced difficulty settings like you see in more arcadey titles. 

Agree mostly, but it wasnt this easy on fm18, same clubs same tactics... Id be almost surprised if i dont go invincible in the next season or two. Usually takes about 10 seasons to have absolute domination, often born out of our ability to develop wonderkids far quicker and more consistently than the AI. 

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Agree mostly, but it wasnt this easy on fm18, same clubs same tactics..

In fairness though, FM18 was a pretty poor game overall. The match engine was nowhere near as balanced as this one is already. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

😂😂😂

Meltdown?? Bit of an exaggeration don't you think? For my part there was 2 of us quite jovially talking about this issue last night, certainly no moaning or indeed "meltdown", I even accepted the style I want my team to play is contributing to activating the issue.  I don't think there are that many that didn't exepect there to be issues pre-release, that's the whole point of this beta fortnight is it not, to discuss calmly any issues?

If you want to see meltdown, you should see a bloke I work with who spends his whole day shouting at inanimate objects that have somehow wronged him ;)

Imagine I have AML, AMR, STC in a formation.

Lets say each of these players is maximum green (i.e. Natural in the position) for their main position, but only minimum green (i.e. competent or Accomplished) for the other two attacking positions. EG the AML player is a natural in AML but competent in STC and AMR.

Now if i instructed each of these three forwards to 'roam from position', then when my AML has roamed over to the AMR part of the field, would the fact he is only competent in this area impact negatively on his ability to perform in this part of the field?

This is Bremen (me, predicted to finish 12th) vs Wolfsburg (predicted to finish 7th) in the 7th game of my first Bundesliga season. As you can see, they had:

0 shots on target

0 shots off target

0 blocked

0 woodwork

0 half chances

0 clear cut chances

0 long shots

They also had 41% possession and 490 attempted passes in total, so it's not like I just kept the ball for the 90 minutes. They had a red card but that was in the 71st minute. Something is making teams overpowered very quickly after starting the season. Too easy?? Very much so in my opinion.

I would like to add that I have done nothing extra-ordinary (no cheats or exploits whatsoever, never download them). Just my own very simple balanced 5-3-1-1 system against a superior opponent. May be training effect is overpowered? May be AI just can't handle the high intensity pressing? 

Having said all that, the ME is best by far. The defending now is very realistic and if the issue of AI becoming weak very quickly/humans becoming overpowered very quickly is fixed, this will the best FM in the series by far.

Bremen_Wolfsburg.thumb.png.2b30c7a698424bcfb1d42632ead4be6c.png

Edited by pats

28 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Imagine I have AML, AMR, STC in a formation.

Lets say each of these players is maximum green (i.e. Natural in the position) for their main position, but only minimum green (i.e. competent or Accomplished) for the other two attacking positions. EG the AML player is a natural in AML but competent in STC and AMR.

Now if i instructed each of these three forwards to 'roam from position', then when my AML has roamed over to the AMR part of the field, would the fact he is only competent in this area impact negatively on his ability to perform in this part of the field?

Positional familiarity just isnt what you think it is. It should have been removed for exactly this kind of reason. 

Look beyond it... What style of football are you playing, how do you want the individual to play (and what are the players around him doing) then think for yourself what attributes are most important for that player. 9/10 you will come up with a very different answer to the games suggested position familiarity. 

Roam from position also isnt as extreme as you may be hoping. A lw set to roam wont often find himself drifting all the way to the rw. More so that he will not always hug the line or always cut inside, he will be more inclined to disobey that instruction (for benefit you want good off the ball, anticipation, decisions etc) 

Weird thing: my ass man organized foreign training camp during the very first preseason. I didn't get the notice to select players for that camp.Fine. I played the first match and right after that some of the players were uhnappy, complaining that I didn't select them for the camp. The thing is, nobody asked me to do it. But what's MOST important - all of them unhappy players happened to play in that particular match. Which means the game somehow selected them for the camp by itself. 

I mean WTF?

Edited by skam

As for gameplay difficulty how do you imagine it would worki? Some hidden handicap to player's attributes? It would destroy the whole sens of fooball because no matter what abilitties your rival has you know he is given some bonus. Completely pointless.

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

@Seb Wassell hi Seb, just wondering if there is a current list of known issues being worked on?

I'm coming to the end of my first season and on current track look like i will get a full sweep of trophies. In isolation i would be happy with my season... But having read feedback from others it outs doubt in mind, and if i really analyse my season, i feel a bit like ive breezed through it... I'm utd so should do well, i have high rep, world class players, ive been relatively injury free and ive picked a solid 442 with decent roles etc... So its not unrealistic... But still can't help but feel its been easier than it should have been. I. E. I play lukaku as TM-s and he has goal per 111 mins... Which is fine, but my backup TM is Mctominay (a raw cm) who im shoe horning in because of his work rate, teamwork and physique. He has 11 goals in 16 starts 15 sub apps.. (but has probably been bbm for 50% of apps) 

I've spotted a bug. FM is making Arsenal's most Wenger-worshipping fan play hoofball with Man Utd.