Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

the ai playing fringe players in lesser known competitions seems to be off as they are doing it in the fa cup. i beat man u 7 3 as they played fringe players and man city lost to bournmouth doing the same thing 

Haven't refreshed page so don't know if this has been responded to yet. 

But I'm thinking (hoping) city and United would be prioritising the league and CL so whilst FA Cup isn't a 'lesser known' cup, perhaps they view it as less important at that stage of their season? 

I've read some complaints about the numerous goals scored off throw-ins. I am starting to witness it myself, enough so to start documenting it starting today. On the other hand, I have no issues with the injury frequency bug. Everything appears normal and as expected as was the case with FM18 for me. I do keep a close eye on Condition after natches and give rest as required.

Edited by rain94

vor einer Stunde schrieb bassistuk:

No offence to anyone using the light or purple skin... The Dark skin just feels so much nicer on the eye! exactly what you want with a game like this where you're spending hours playing!

The purple skin just looks like something you used for winamp back in 2000!!!  And i really don't know who would use the light skin unless you have an eye of steel! Painful!

Does @Ter still make skins???

Acutally i can not understand why one would use the Dark Skin bcs the Light Skin is so much nicer to my eyes and the Purple Skin reminded me to one Windows Colour Setting that was used decades back by a Woman that was i think is called tetrachromatic. or so, - Pink Letters on a Purple Skin with Blue Frames and Lines...omg i could not see a thing after staring at it for as little as 1 min... :D

5 hours ago, pats said:

I think the current difficulty issue could be about in-form teams being too powerful. Btw, I'm just trying to find out what could be causing teams to go on unbeaten runs.

I think you might be on to something here. 

In my chelsea save Brighton were top of the league after 11 matches. They were beating everyone. They smashed me 3-0 at the bridge when liverpool and city couldn't touch me. 

Someone finally nicked a win off them and since then they've lost 5 on the bounce.

I think form might have too big an effect both positively and negatively. 

Don't know whether to put this in feedback or tactics, but my Barnsley team using a Gegenpress 4-3-3 narrow just won the FA Cup in first season. No restarts, no edits, nothing. Can't claim any credit because I didn't really have to do anything, so just posting because it felt very unrealistic and killed the immersion a bit. Gegenpress is definitely overpowered and needs balancing, I need there to at least be some struggle lol. 

Attached is semi final for ridiculousness.

gegenpress.thumb.png.3cf114b42357e9153395f2c94a03af6d.png

*Worth noting team cohesion/happiness etc is all very green,  so that might be the overpowered bit, I dunno

Edited by ALGF

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Not happy with this update, I preferred the scouting cards on the dark skin to have the white background, looked much nicer, SI pandering to the moaners once again...

Having a bunch of white everywhere kind of defeats the purpose of a dark skin, no?

13 minutes ago, ALGF said:

Don't know whether to put this in feedback or tactics, but my Barnsley team using a Gegenpress 4-3-3 narrow just won the FA Cup in first season. No restarts, no edits, nothing. Can't claim any credit because I didn't really have to do anything, so just posting because it felt very unrealistic and killed the immersion a bit. Gegenpress is definitely overpowered and needs balancing, I need there to at least be some struggle lol. 

Attached is semi final for ridiculousness.

gegenpress.thumb.png.3cf114b42357e9153395f2c94a03af6d.png

*Worth noting team cohesion/happiness etc is all very green,  so that might be the overpowered bit, I dunno

this doesn't sound great to be honest, very unrealistic. It is fine first couple of seasons winning but then it becomes boring

20 minutes ago, ALGF said:

Barnsley team using a Gegenpress 4-3-3 

it felt very unrealistic and killed the immersion a bit.

But of course, choosing a gegenpress tactic for a team like Barnsley really helped the realism and the immersion from the start, eh?

5 hours ago, Mitja said:

lol nice try we've been through that. try to watch a couple of games on full and you will understand what's going on.

I'm an analyst in real life. If your stats list more than half your goal sources as "other", there is no way you can build a credible picture. I've already said early on there needs to be more central play. Still doesn't change the fact whoscored's metric do not even paint close to the full picture

1 minute ago, ALGF said:

That's our tactic IRL right now, 

Your screenshot showed three central strikers. I'd be surprised if any team in the world plays with three central strikers. I wish SI would remove the third striker slot. For two reasons, it would stop the OP three striker systems in a heartbeat, and also to witness the tear stained seethe on here. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Your screenshot showed three central strikers. I'd be surprised if any team in the world plays with three central strikers. I wish SI would remove the third striker slot. For two reasons, it would stop the OP three striker systems in a heartbeat, and also to witness the tear stained seethe on here. 

If we're chasing a goal we lump Moore, Adebayejo/Brown and Thiam in one central unit like that, but yeah, two of them typically start as more of an attacking inside forward role. Still, my feedback was that the match engine is become increasingly easy to manipulate, and it's a problem. Where do you draw the line as to where a system is 'genuine' and 'exploititive'? Is there just a certain cut off of success? 

fm.thumb.png.2f5d1203cdf49da165ba6ec24bdacbc2.png

I thought S.I had a professional UI Team

The Green Text is an bad combination with the grey background

It is hard to read..

Also i know about downloading other skins.. but this is disappointing from a team of professional UI staff

I probably won't get a response from SI, but oh well lol

Edited by kingking

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've always had the mantra that if a system is exploiting the engine, I simply won't use it. Willpower, it's a helluva thing. 

I get that, but how do you define what's exploiting the engine? How do you know if you've just stumbled across an ace tactic in your dabbling or if you've just found a dirty ME cheat? That's the problem and is why the ME needs some serious work IMO. 

36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's not 'everywhere' though, is it? I specifically mentioned the scouting cards, nothing else. It's so unlike you to exaggerate. 

In certain items in the inbox it's the entire right 3/4 of the screen. Everything except the side and top bar.

<insert sarcastic comment here in lieu of adult conversation>

19 minutes ago, ALGF said:

I get that, but how do you define what's exploiting the engine? How do you know if you've just stumbled across an ace tactic in your dabbling or if you've just found a dirty ME cheat? That's the problem and is why the ME needs some serious work IMO. 

The game tries to be an accurate representation of real life football. So if you've stumbled across an ace tactic that crushes everything but it doesn't look like anything any contemporary real world team employs, then either:

1. are a tactical genius and you should consider a career change to real life management.

2. you stumbled on an exploit

46 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'm an analyst in real life. If your stats list more than half your goal sources as "other", there is no way you can build a credible picture. I've already said early on there needs to be more central play. Still doesn't change the fact whoscored's metric do not even paint close to the full picture

6 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And we've already pointed out that we can't verify where whoscored are getting their metrics from (because it doesn't look like other) especially when so many goal sources are marked as other. 

I've actually looked at whoscored match report and under chalkboard and any 'indicent' within a match of cross/pass/key pass/shot etc corresponded precisely with any match I've watched in real world. So how they capture the data was very accurate.

What are you saying you can't verify where whoscored are getting their metrics from...is the assists thing...is that what you're saying you can't build a credible picture from and is it in relation to the crossing thing

25 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Have to agree with some people here that 3 strikers upfront formations should be removed.  Like the dreaded 4-2-4 from a while back.

Why?

While you are at it, remove the ability to save before a game.  That way, you can’t reload if you lose.  If people want to cheat, they will cheat.  Up to them how they play.

Personally, I would feel dirty doing it so refrain from using it.  Even if it did get me the sack on numerous occasions in FM18.

1 minute ago, akkm said:

I've actually looked at whoscored match report and under chalkboard and any 'indicent' within a match of cross/pass/key pass/shot etc corresponded precisely with any match I've watched in real world. So how they capture the data was very accurate.

What are you saying you can't verify where whoscored are getting their metrics from...is the assists thing...is that what you're saying you can't build a credible picture from and is it in relation to the crossing thing

I think what he's saying is because over half of the assists are classified as 'other' then they could be anything, including crosses. So we can't get a true feel for what percentage really is from crosses.

Clearly that isn't the case, but it's impossible to prove a negative so he just keeps repeating it. 

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

Why?

While you are at it, remove the ability to save before a game.  That way, you can’t reload if you lose.  If people want to cheat, they will cheat.  Up to them how they play.

Personally, I would feel dirty doing it so refrain from using it.  Even if it did get me the sack on numerous occasions in FM18.

Because the AI uses it too.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

But of course, choosing a gegenpress tactic for a team like Barnsley really helped the realism and the immersion from the start, eh?

Considering that's the tactic they use in real life I would say it did yeah.

I wonder if you're capable of having a conversation without the junior high sarcasm.

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

People are saying the game is too easy.  Now you want to make it easier?

Make your mind up.

I mean I never said either of those things so I'm not sure who you're talking to.

Regardless, it isn't so simple as "do you want it easy or hard?" People want it to be realistic. 

Winning the league with Burnley isn't realistic. Losing every game you play to a select few teams who play with 3 ST whilst beating everyone else is also not realistic.

2 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I think what he's saying is because over half of the assists are classified as 'other' then they could be anything, including crosses. So we can't get a true feel for what percentage really is from crosses.

Clearly that isn't the case, but it's impossible to prove a negative so he just keeps repeating it. 

I hear you on the proving a negative thing

However, whoscored has an actual definition of how they define a cross.

I've just checked their crosses per game for this season against premierleague.com website and by team they correspond with every team bar everton and brighton which are just out by 1 each. So 18 of the 20 teams it is precisely the same crosses/game for whoscored and the premierleague.com website

So that suggests whoscored definition of a 'cross' is consistent with the official premier leagues. 

One can therefore conclude that with a consistent definition of what a cross is their assists from crossing will stack up as its an assist from how they define a cross.

By having a clear and consistent definition of a cross whoscored data relating to number of crosses and assists from crosses can be accepted. That they have a large number of assists bunged in to an 'other' category is academic to the exercise of establishing assists from crosses...and we know that because there is a very CLEAR definition of a cross by whoscored

3 minutes ago, mamberton said:

Might be being stupid...but any idea why the Tactical Analysis button is greyed out and can't be clicked as shown in the screenshot? Could have sworn I used it when creating the tactic. 

I think you need to have selected a full starting line-up to use that.

50 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I mean I never said either of those things so I'm not sure who you're talking to.

Regardless, it isn't so simple as "do you want it easy or hard?" People want it to be realistic. 

Winning the league with Burnley isn't realistic. Losing every game you play to a select few teams who play with 3 ST whilst beating everyone else is also not realistic.

Leicester City say hi.

58 minutes ago, akkm said:

I hear you on the proving a negative thing

However, whoscored has an actual definition of how they define a cross.

I've just checked their crosses per game for this season against premierleague.com website and by team they correspond with every team bar everton and brighton which are just out by 1 each. So 18 of the 20 teams it is precisely the same crosses/game for whoscored and the premierleague.com website

So that suggests whoscored definition of a 'cross' is consistent with the official premier leagues. 

One can therefore conclude that with a consistent definition of what a cross is their assists from crossing will stack up as its an assist from how they define a cross.

By having a clear and consistent definition of a cross whoscored data relating to number of crosses and assists from crosses can be accepted. That they have a large number of assists bunged in to an 'other' category is academic to the exercise of establishing assists from crosses...and we know that because there is a very CLEAR definition of a cross by whoscored

Definitely. Everything you said is correct, I was just explaining why the guy you were talking to refuses to accept it. He can just say they aren't a reliable source and that's that.