Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Beta so it's expected to have bugs

But it's still frustrating to find a game breaking mistake (not even a bug, a human mistake) like the missing brazilian transfer window

Last year in the final release (not the beta), the Libertadores champion wasnt playing the Club World Cup.

The brazilian league is not simulated well by the game. There are so many aspects that the game is not able to replicate (transfers barely match reality, a lot of managers do not have the right traits, managers are not sacked enough, state championships have insane results...)

Sales here must be low, so I undestand. Its just a shame :(

Edited by AEJ

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but anyone knows if the "injuries fix" will be save compatible?

Like I said before, I'm absolutely loving FM19 and this is by far the best and more stable FM Beta I ever played, just this injuries are really a bit too much (I currently have 8 players injured after 3 weeks of game time and two of them for months, I know we always complain about injuries but we also know what is natural and what exceeds natural). But I'm also enjoying a lot my save and if I will have to discard it maybe it would be better to stop progressing and waiting for November.

Injuries are, trully, my only complain with Beta. Which says a lot. Outstanding work of everyone involved in this year's edition.

Thank you!

Edited by 99
Spelling

1 minuto atrás, DavyDepuydt1 disse:

The injury fix will be savegame compatible, it has nothing to do with database structure/data loaded at game creation so I see no reason why it wouldn't be

Amazing to know, thank you! Can keep playing my save then :)

2 minutes ago, 99 said:

I currently have 8 players injured and two of them for months, I know we always complain about injurires but we also know what is natural and what exceeds natural).

There's not a lot wrong with that to be honest. In my league, injuries range from 0 (me and Milan) up to 10 (Frosinone).

Also in real life, West Ham are top of the EPL table with 7.  A couple of years ago Sunderland had no less than 9 players out injured all season. 

So, yes, there's an issue with match injuries at the moment, causing some set ups to be affected, but your scenario, whilst frustrating as a manager, isn't out of the ordinary. 

No idea if it's a bug or just how things are irl nowadays, but penalties seem whiffy again. Finished the first season with 45% scored, halfway through a second with 57% scored . Mostly taken by Lacazette and Aubameyang whose stats are strong for this area.

Edited by Purple Bane

1 minuto atrás, Dagenham_Dave disse:

There's not a lot wrong with that to be honest. In my league, injuries range from 0 (me and Milan) up to 10 (Frosinone).

Also in real life, West Ham are top of the EPL table with 7.  A couple of years ago Sunderland had no less than 9 players out injured all season. 

So, yes, there's an issue with match injuries at the moment, causing some set ups to be affected, but your scenario, whilst frustrating as a manager, isn't out of the ordinary. 

I do admit that we always complain about injuries, but I have still not finished pre-season and 8 players are already out, it really seems somewhat excessive you know...

2 minutes ago, 99 said:

I do admit that we always complain about injuries, but I have still not finished pre-season and 8 players are already out, it really seems somewhat excessive you know...

That's by far the most common time during the year for injuries. Most of the injuries I've had in the first season were in the first couple of months, since October, I've hardly had any. It would seem a shame to stop playing the game when the actual bug with injuries might not be actually affecting you!

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's by far the most common time during the year for injuries. Most of the injuries I've had in the first season were in the first couple of months, since October, I've hardly had any. It would seem a shame to stop playing the game when the actual bug with injuries might not be actually affecting you!

you know si have already admitted there is a injury bug right ?

how do you get players to train tackling? think si may have kinda missed the point of training here. you cant train dribbling or tackling and yet i would have thought they were the 2 things that you could improve on. most players who are good dribblers put it down to constant practice and hours on the training pitch

1 minute ago, bradjsmith said:

how do you get players to train tackling? think si may have kinda missed the point of training here. you cant train dribbling or tackling and yet i would have thought they were the 2 things that you could improve on. most players who are good dribblers put it down to constant practice and hours on the training pitch

You can do it as a group training, but not with individual training. How would one train on tackling all by ones self anyway...?

1 minute ago, bradjsmith said:

They train them, but not individually. (tackle or dribble yourself is a bit difficult right)
But the attributes are trained in some of the normal team training schedules

26 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I would really love to see this save. 

Not needed, SI are already digging the issue out.

You never trusted me thinking I am exaggerating therefore I won’t satisfy your curiosity.

the important thing is that SI is working on that, enough for me to hope for a brighter future

Just now, Boomer Ang said:

Not needed, SI are already digging the issue out.

You never trusted me thinking I am exaggerating therefore I won’t satisfy your curiosity.

the important thing is that SI is working on that, enough for me to hope for a brighter future

Exaggeration confirmed :lol:

dribbling no of course not. cones down and you learn to dribble. training tackling is not just about getting on a pitch which you can do as you have coaches but its about hours of videos and analysing top defenders. its about watching the game and watching how others utilise this part of the game so there is loads you can do to train tackling.

how do you train vision? i would have thought that is one you cannot train. its more like a natural ability. 

10 horas atrás, FrazT disse:

You have posted in the correct threads and you will get an answer in there.

They said the bug has already been fixed for the final release. But they do not know if I will have to restart when the game is fully out

Is there a way to know if I will have to restart? Please :(

Edited by AEJ

I have now simmed half a season with Wolves, and I must say... You have made FM fun to play for me again. I mean "just one more click on continue before bed - oh, it's 3 AM already"-kind of fun. The tactics template has made my life so much easier. I love the 3D match engine. I just don't get the hate. I think it looks gorgeous. Can't wait for November 2:nd and the editor. I think I'll buy a pallet of fancy potato chips and beer, and just call in sick for a week. Or two.

4 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/449879-train-heading-fm19/

2 minutes ago, AEJ said:

They said the bug has already been fixed for the final release. But they do not know if I will have to restart when the game is fully out

Is there a way to know if I will have to restart? Please :(

For the injury fix I don't believe you will need to start a new save.
New saves are mostly need when data structure changes, or they change data that is loaded at the start of your savegame (like league rules).

The injury issue just seems some coding in the ME, which will be fixed in existing savegames offcourse :)

With things like VAR being introduced to FM, somewhat surprised that the increasingly used xG stat not included....maybe it will be headline new feature next year

Edited by mhaffy

Yeah. The missing brazilian transfer window requires a new save. And it will be fixed only in the final release

For us who play in brazil, we will have to wait for the final release to play the game. 

Last year we had a game breaking bug as well. (Libertadores Winner did not play the club world Cup)

Lesson learned. Do not buy the beta ever again. Just wait for the final release

Edited by AEJ

2 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

With things like VAR being introduced to FM, somewhat surprised that the increasingly used xG stat not included....maybe it will be headline new feature next year

Miles is currently against adding xG to FM from what I've read. He was tweeting about it a couple of months ago.

• SI Staff
59 minutes ago, 99 said:

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but anyone knows if the "injuries fix" will be save compatible?

Like I said before, I'm absolutely loving FM19 and this is by far the best and more stable FM Beta I ever played, just this injuries are really a bit too much (I currently have 8 players injured after 3 weeks of game time and two of them for months, I know we always complain about injuries but we also know what is natural and what exceeds natural). But I'm also enjoying a lot my save and if I will have to discard it maybe it would be better to stop progressing and waiting for November.

Injuries are, trully, my only complain with Beta. Which says a lot. Outstanding work of everyone involved in this year's edition.

Thank you!

Any changes to injuries should be save compatible. But I cannot guarantee this until the time.

34 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is how you do it, gentlemen :D

(I can't brag about winning though...)

fullyfit.PNG

you've done nothing to achieve this. In my current Utd save I have no injuries into the new year (merry Christmas) but I have the same assistant manager that I signed for City when I lost 16 players concurrently all through match day injuries when as much as possible I only started players 95% match fit (even fielding u18s GKs outfield). I leave training to ass.man

There is no skill involved. You can do your best in terms of keeping players match fit and rotating responsibly, but if you start someone 100/100 and they break their leg in the first minute, that's bad luck. If 16 players are stretchered off in the space of a handful of games, 5 in one match with opponent also getting 3, It's a bug, and i'm fairly sure you are trolling. 

The fact it doesn't happen in every save is irrelevant, some bugs are trigger based on an event or other, and just means you haven't had that trigger. You said yourself you are out of the cup and don't have Europe... the trigger could be playing a game every 3 days exponentially affects the 'injury calculation'. So stop talking out of your backside. 

2018-10-24.thumb.png.44173d99e7176313f81570bf98d28b06.png

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

dribbling no of course not. cones down and you learn to dribble. training tackling is not just about getting on a pitch which you can do as you have coaches but its about hours of videos and analysing top defenders. its about watching the game and watching how others utilise this part of the game so there is loads you can do to train tackling.

how do you train vision? i would have thought that is one you cannot train. its more like a natural ability. 

You're describing Marking, Anticipation, Decisions and a few other things there, but not Tackling.

Dribbling around cones is quite different to dribbling around players.

Both of these attributes are available for training in the team/unit sessions, but following feedback from qualified coaches they are not available for training one-on-one.

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

you've done nothing to achieve this.

There is no skill involved.

So it's just pure coincidence that on every FM that comes out, my team is always bottom of the injury table?  Yes, a lot of it is down to luck, but as I've continually said, I always pay very close attention to this part of the game. Not just this year. 

41 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So it's just pure coincidence that on every FM that comes out, my team is always bottom of the injury table?  Yes, a lot of it is down to luck, but as I've continually said, I always pay very close attention to this part of the game. Not just this year. 

Dave, can you accept others have a bug in their game, and you don't? Or if not, do you really care. Your point is made. Drop it maybe?

:DIt's distracting when I am trying to follow feedback.

u know what would be nice? ... just like u can rest a player for X days ... we should be able to put a player to "half intensity", "normal inteisity" or "double intensity" training for X days .... this would be useful for players that comeback from injury and until u get them to full match fitness its better if theytrain in half intensity until they are fully match fit, at least that is the advice my phisios give to a 3 month injured player.

23 minutes ago, kertiek said:

u know what would be nice? ... just like u can rest a player for X days ... we should be able to put a player to "half intensity", "normal inteisity" or "double intensity" training for X days .... this would be useful for players that comeback from injury and until u get them to full match fitness its better if theytrain in half intensity until they are fully match fit, at least that is the advice my phisios give to a 3 month injured player.

You can do that already can't you? I've not used it myself, but isn't there an option now to have players under a certain percentage condition do different levels of intensity training? 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

24 minutos atrás, kertiek disse:

Actually you can automatically set the intensity depending on the physical condition, check it out in Training - Rest.

EDIT: @Dagenham Dave was faster :))

Edited by 99

I'm always wary of injury moaners but I'm getting a lot during matches + players who weren't at the WC tired and jaded only 10 games into the season. I dunno if it's related to high tempo high pressing tactics or whatever but players match condition seems to get low very very quickly

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, kertiek said:

We have an entire page just for this, check it out under 'Training > Rest'

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I'm always wary of injury moaners but I'm getting a lot during matches + players who weren't at the WC tired and jaded only 10 games into the season. I dunno if it's related to high tempo high pressing tactics or whatever but players match condition seems to get low very very quickly

High tempo + high pressing will certainly lead to much quicker condition deterioration and increased fatigue.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

and in that page i cant select " half intensity" for 5 days. ... thats my point.

You can set it based on condition, which in my opinion is more useful. Acknowledged that you'd like the option to set it for X days though.

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

You can set it based on condition, which in my opinion is more useful. Acknowledged that you'd like the option to set it for X days though.

based on condition is not enough ... for that reason i had the example of my injured player, he was 99/60 fitness/match condition, my phisio recomended he trained half intensity even with 99 fitness condition, and since the injury he has his recurrent ... this is the scenario where the "train with half intensity for X days" would be really usefull.