Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Mikke said:

What do you mean it "won't be released tonight"?

The other guy said he was confident it will be released tonight, Miles says the time for release is 00:01 so tomorrow, the 2nd of November as it has been advertised for months now

1.png.c607987e7590435cb10eafef5c92ada6.png

Edited by bigmattb28

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

No, 00:01 is 1 minuted past midnight, which is tomorrow. Unless you're not in the UK then it may be tonight where you are.

Whatever. For me it comes 2:01AM during the following night, which according to this definition is TONIGHT:

tonight(adverb)
the present or immediately coming night

Anyway, can't wait. This has been by far the most promising FM release ever.

4 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Not sure it's worth a new thread but I'm thinking of buying FM19, however it doesn't seem like there's really much difference between 18 and 19. Anyone that's played it so far confirm whether it's much different?

New training alone is a huge difference. ME I think won't know for sure until full release as changed quite a bit already in beta, think will see a slight change, but overall is better than last year.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Not sure it's worth a new thread but I'm thinking of buying FM19, however it doesn't seem like there's really much difference between 18 and 19. Anyone that's played it so far confirm whether it's much different?

The demo will be out the same time as release, so you can make up your own mind by trying that. It'll be available via the Football Manager page within the Steam Store. 

2 minutes ago, craiigman said:

New training alone is a huge difference. ME I think won't know for sure until full release as changed quite a bit already in beta, think will see a slight change, but overall is better than last year.

For me, training gets given to the Assistant anyway. Cheers though.

33 minutes ago, Mikke said:

Whatever. For me it comes 2:01AM during the following night, which according to this definition is TONIGHT:

tonight(adverb)

Noted. But 00:01 GMT is tomorrow for us in the UK. Not sure where you are but 00:01 GMT might not be 00:01 to you.

52 minutes ago, Mikke said:

tonight(adverb)

No mate. 2am is the morning. Th r present or immediately coming night ends 11:59pm today. 

7 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

No mate. 2am is the morning. Th r present or immediately coming night ends 11:59pm today. 

Well, at 2am it is definitely night in Finland. Guess we're lucky then, we get the game tonight and you must wait until tomorrow... :lol:

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Well I might quote you this year as Miles has tweeted saying 00:01 is the time they're releasing the full game, however my previous comment of I'd be buzzing if it was earlier still stands, but I am confident it won't be released tonight mate.

Also how old?  I'm 33 and this will be the 20th year I've bought the game

I am 41 mate and still hoping for an early release, ever the optimist!

4 minutes ago, bboy said:

if i buy a new laptop can i carry my saves over from my old laptop? Is it just a case of re-dowloading the game via stream and then copying over the save file?

As long as you save it on the cloud then yes you can. 

Just did another heavy testing run.

Sadly my WB(A) has lost much of his spark and plays more according to the Cautious mentality set. Previously he often ran wide and did high crosses to complete my counters, now he prefers linking up with the MEZ(A) with short passes. Takes quite some speed out of my left wing counters. Howevr, I think it is now working as intended, so I'll go back to the drawing board. 

Similarly, NNCs are now less accurate in their long thingies forwards. Previously mine was always good for initiating a counter, now it is more clearance than initiating.

Two minor observations: I am still lucky with match injuries in general but when they appear it is multiple players at once getting a knock for minor stuff. There are a lot more red cards happening. 

On the positive end, more defensive full- and wingbacks are more engaged now and seek their opportunities. As a result my IW(A) became even more of a beast due to proper support.

In-match changes and interactions are still potential gamechangers and absolutely great to tinker with! Also, now it somehow 'feels' more responsive with less input from ye number gods.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Will the full release come with further tweaks?

No 'tweaks' or changelist, just the full game. Which will require a download. And will be different from the Pre-Release Beta :D 

8 minutes ago, bboy said:

if i buy a new laptop can i carry my saves over from my old laptop? Is it just a case of re-dowloading the game via stream and then copying over the save file?

Yes, I regularly move saved games between my desktop and laptop and use a thumb drive to move the saved games between machines.

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

No 'tweaks' or changelist, just the full game. Which will require a download. And will be different from the Pre-Release Beta :D 

That's an interesting thing to say...what's different from the full game vs the beta? I thought they were identical? 

9 minutes ago, Piperita said:

Sadly my WB(A) has lost much of his spark and plays more according to the Cautious mentality set. Previously he often ran wide and did high crosses to complete my counters, now he prefers linking up with the MEZ(A) with short passes. Takes quite some speed out of my left wing counters. Howevr, I think it is now working as intended, so I'll go back to the drawing board. 

Don\t worry, your not the only one. All wingers and wingbacks are now no longer putting in crosses.  I went from 3-4 cutbacks a game to 0. Crosses have also been very low. Due to the new changes, they have made Wingers and Wingback look for a pass instead of crossing nothing wrong with that but now they are passing when they should be crossing and passing when should be passing. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In layman terms, full game will use ME1913 at start? :)

Edited by Mensell76

Winners of Carabao cup qualify for the Euro cup...i won it in season 1 with Bournemouth... Into november of second season and just realised im not in europe... 

Liverpool won the CL and came top 4

City won the fa cup and the league. 

So seems like a bug... But is there anything about Bournemouth that made them fail to qualify? Outstanding fair play issues... Stadium to small? 

20 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

As long as you save it on the cloud then yes you can. 

how do you save on the cloud?

15 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Yes, I regularly move saved games between my desktop and laptop and use a thumb drive to move the saved games between machines.

thanks i will use an external drive

Edited by bboy

35 minutes ago, bboy said:

If it's the same for FM16 (when I switched from a laptop to PC), even without the cloud, you can take the saves from Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/games and paste them into the same file on your new laptop once you've installed FM

vor 10 Minuten schrieb pats:

Will it use the ME1913?

I highly doubt you will get an answer to your question . but imo its most likely that full game uses ME1913 . Why would they patch the beta me 3 days before official release , to change it again with full release. makes no sense to me.  i hope i'm wrong tho

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Well I might quote you this year as Miles has tweeted saying 00:01 is the time they're releasing the full game, however my previous comment of I'd be buzzing if it was earlier still stands, but I am confident it won't be released tonight mate.

Also how old?  I'm 33 and this will be the 20th year I've bought the game

There you go my friend it is out.

merry Xmas :)

• KUBI locked this topic