FM17: Who Ya Gonna Ca..Manage?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slavia Prague, I enjoy trying to overtake Sparta as the "big" team in Prague and trying to make Eastern European Football a force again! At least on the new version they have European Football (Europa League) in the First Season.

Borussia Dortmund, because it's my club and I end up putting at least 400 hours into them every single release. Really curious about how their massive talent (Passlack, Guerreiro, Mor, Dembele, Pulisic) is going to turn out in the game this year. 

I think this year I'll start with Man City since I always prefer to play with wonderkids. Man City has lots of young talents such as Iheanacho, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Stones, and Patrick Roberts. It'd be really fun to play with these wonderkids! Hopefully Iheanacho's CA is going to be increased a lot to reflect his performance at last year.

Always Leeds of course, but will have a save running at the same time with Villa I think.. liking the side they are quickly building there this season, and with a few great youngsters in the reserves and bitter rivals both looking likely to compete too, should be interesting.

Probably start with a short Man Utd save to get to grips with any changes, then after that Bradford City for a long save and probably Bradford Park Avenue, a created club, New England Revolution, Athletic Club, Crewe, St Pauli, Darmstadt, Sassuolo, Parma, some French side(probably Red Star Paris or A.S.S.E.), some Dutch side, Real S.C.

After that, whatever takes my fancy, perhaps some sleeping giants, or some countries I haven't done much in, like Sweden.

Probably start with a short Man Utd save to get to grips with any changes, then after that Bradford City for a long save and probably Bradford Park Avenue, a created club, New England Revolution, Athletic Club, Crewe, St Pauli, Darmstadt, Sassuolo, Parma, some French side(probably Red Star Paris or A.S.S.E.), some Dutch side, Real S.C.

After that, whatever takes my fancy, perhaps some sleeping giants, or some countries I haven't done much in, like Sweden.

If I buy, will probably start with Man Utd as is my tradition, just to get a feel for the game using good players.

May do Sunderland (my team), might depend on who Moyes signs between now and end of transfer window.

After that not sure. I really need to try international management one day so who knows if SI have found ways to develop that, might go in that direction.

I'd be delighted if they added the USL to the American Leagues.  I'd be taking over Louisville City in a heartbeat!

I've always had a hard time getting into MLS saves because it seemed unrealistic to just jump in as a manager there.  It would be great to cut teeth in the second division to earn an MLS gig.

Rangers, we're back in the Prem and made a lot of really interesting signings that I look forward to seeing how they perform in-game. I'll also start a save with a German team, one of my favourite leagues to manage in, had some great saves in the past with Bayern, Dortmund, Hamburg and Leverkusen.

Every year I test the new FM with Liverpool. Then one Journeyman save and around March I start the last save of the year, Youth Challenge or just a "Lowest Tier to the First Division" save.

In FM17 my goals are to manage in the MLS, win a World Cup and an Olympic Gold medal.

So for me it's Liverpool, probably FC Dallas, USA or Greece and then a random club for the last save of the year.

I might try a Leeds save for a change... On FM16 I started at Coventry, moved on to Everton where I won everything, on to Barcelona who wouldn't allow me to get rid of a trouble maker from the squad, so I left after 2 seasons (with pretty much 100% success), took over at Reading towards the end of the season, saved them from relegation and won the FA Cup, then was offered the Man Utd job where I have been since. First time in any save where I've become a Legend at two different clubs and have won everything I can without dropping down the leagues. I have told myself though that if Coventry make it into the Premier league (currently in the Championship) and the managers position comes up, I'll probably go back for sentimental reasons (within the game).

On 8/18/2016 at 14:11, mr_whitey said:

Pretty sure I'll start at Le Havre in France as I normally do. St Pauli is another possibility though 

Just going to force out Bob Bradley like that? That's messed up :D

I'm going to start with either Real Madrid or Benfica. Hope the researchers recognized Marco Asensio's talent and potential :cool:

Archived