FM17: Who Ya Gonna Ca..Manage?

NK Maribor, Salernitana, Darmstadt, Paris FC, Burton Albion, Arouca, Sassuolo, Malmo, Kosovo NT, Swaziland NT, Canada NT, Iceland NT, Kyrgyzstan NT, Ireland NT are all interesting options for me. Maribor will certainly be my starting point.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually do a Roma save. This year I might try Havre in France or Rercreativo de Huelva in Spain.

Once you get used to having 12 subs like in Italy it is hard to go back though. So good for having some youth getting some game time when you have a solid lead.

Newcastle or Villa appear to be the obvious choices this year. Quite interested to see what they do with Milan given they've just been taken over. Will they be given the necessary tools to mount a resurgence? If so, I can see that being an enjoyable option.

I always start with Man Utd in the 2 week beta just to get a feel for the game. Then I think I'm gonna start a save with Blackpool. They've fallen quickly down the leagues. Not so long ago they were in the EPL. Gonna task myself with getting them back up there and winning a trophy or two.

I've already planned my beta team - NYCFC (I said that I'd do a save with them sometime if they followed me back, so I've gotta keep up my promise)

Newcastle would be a nice project, Marseille's an interesting one. Or I might just do a Wimbledon save or something like that. Undecided yet!

Am thinking of:

Dundee United (Recently relegated bring them back to previous glory)

Newcastle United (Such a good squad for the championship, would love to bring them back up and rebuild the club)

Leeds United (Crazy last 15 years - time to get them back)

I have had amazing games in Belgium (Club Brugge), France (Stade Rennes) and Holland (Ajax) and also Leyton Orient.

Have never really managed in Italy, Spain or Germany so tempted to give one of  those leagues a crack in FM17.

On 23 August 2016 at 15:45, GylfiAsCharged said:

AFC Fylde - achieve success in their new stadium and poach Blackpool's alienated fanbase in the process!

Interesting article about them here: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2016/4/14/fylde

After reading this very interesting article I had a good look at the current Conference North results and table. What a competitive division, just one promotion place and ten teams with an average home gate of at least 1050. I think I will have to start FM2017 at this level but not sure with which team as there are many good options.

CrGhyUtWgAQKoJF.jpg

I normally manage the club I support, Sheff Utd, but I did nearly 1000 hours on that this year and don't think I'll have the motivation to do that again.

I'm currently doing the Dafuge challenge but on IPad (Touch version) and I'm loving the save so far. I'll probably do the same on FM17. 

I will play an Career and start unemployed. Playable leagues will be :  France, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, Croatia, Poland and two other countries i dont know yet. Then i will start with low reputation manager and take the job i get. It will be a longterm save and i hope to win the Champions League and the end.

I think I'm going to apply Eric Cantona's following quote to the game:

"France doesn't deserve Auxerre, only England deserves Auxerre".

I will add AJ Auxerre into the Sky Bet Championship and show England what Burgundy is made of.

Start off with Newcastle or Villa and bring them back up or Juventus as I've not managed in Italy since the CM days to get a feel for the game in the beta. Once the game is fully released I'll start a long term save with Spurs like this season and make them a force. I'll do a journey man save too where I'll start with a league 2 club, get them promoted, move onto a championship club, then a low level PL club before jumping to a big club in Europe

I'll probably wait untill someone uploads some lower leauge databases, then start unemployed and see which bottom league team wants me. Probably Britain, Germany or Scandinavia. The new setup of the Dutch leagues might tempt me to take a local amateur club to the top (if such database is available).

going to do something I've never done before, Going to start with the mighty Hammers and stay on one career. I usually load one for West Ham and another in Europe, sometimes a 3rd to get a lower league team promotion to the prem... all takes time so going for a 1 save see how far I can go.

I will probably start at man utd until i get used to any changes (this may happen in the beta rather than full game) then i will do a oxford save as its my hometown club and then i will start a unemployed save to last until the next FM :cool:

As usual,

I Will start with Marseille in L1, as usual 

But on this version, there will be more excitement:

-Starting squad should be weak, with few established players and even fewer prospects

BUT

The club Had been taken over IRL in the last days of August by an american billionaire  (the deal will be seal in mid october at maximum), which means that We will be able to compete with the french big boys (PSG most of all) and i really look forward to try that!

I Will surely end up with some midtable team in Europe as well to créate some Leicester legacy ?

• 2 weeks later...

Im a Liverpool fan so will prob use them in the demo just to get used to things, Arsenal may be fun also

Defo gonna do a championship save prob with Newcastle they defo dont deserve the championship, Im waiting for Leeds to lose Cellino irl before i do them

Prob AFC Wimbledon at one point try to get them back up to the prem

Had a fun save with Ajax last year and will prob do them again this year, haven't won the league in 2 seasons and the squad is worse so should be good fun

Marseille and Valencia, both massive clubs who have become mid-table teams in the last few years. Both have terrible squads and massive fanbases, what more do you want?

A save in Italy as usual, maybe Napoli for a few seasons just to finally win the league and maybe Milan as well (always had a soft spot for them)

Dynamo Moscow - One of the most popular and succesful teams in Russian history, the club of the best gk in history Lev Yashin, havent won the league since 1976 and got relegated for the first time in their history last season 

Rangers FC - my dads team finally back where they belong, cant wait to finally win that elusive CL..

Paris FC - got relegated down to the National and i want to build a Parisien team focused on Parisien talent

Might do Stuttgart, got relegated last year despite being one of the most successful German teams, Hamburg could be fun

Then South America! always fun, thinking Boca Juniors as they are still 5 titles behind their big rivals, did poorly last season and started this season poorly and a club 

A team in Brazil not decided who yet and maybe nacional from uruguay and america de cali who have the 3rd most colombian titles but are in league 2

Finally will go back to my roots and manage in the Balkans, Red Star Belgrade are my team and might attempt to win the CL again though Partizan are a shambles so that could be fun

Maybe Hajduk Split, Olimpia Ljubljana or Borac Banja Luka

Obviously this is like 20 teams and i will be lucky to find the time to even manage half of them but you never know!

Used to play with Wycombe and Southend in the original Championship Manager games, making them forces in Europe. Haven't played with them since then so I will do that with this years version, and then of course playing with New York Cosmos and Ottawa Fury in a USA/Canada pyramid edit, making them the two best teams in the world.

I will start with Feyenoord like I do with every new game (call it benchmarking...). Then there are numerous options to choose from:

The Premier League has got some nice clubs to manage, like Manchester United, Liverpool and Leicester City. Getting Newcastle United or Aston Villa promoted again should be a nice challenge as well. Dortmund has got a squad with great potential, so I might give that a go. I might even end up playing in some obscure competition, managing a club I have never heard of. 

Archived